PDA

View Full Version : Will Lakers retire Lebron jersey?

Nike D'Antoni
09-19-2020, 01:25 AM
Number 23. He only will end up playing 4 years, then again they have retired Wilt Chamberlain.

Genaro
09-19-2020, 01:28 AM
It depends on what he'll do in his career in LA, not how much time he stays there. I think that if he wins a title or two it's highly probable they retire.

francesco totti
09-19-2020, 01:32 AM
Miami ( 6), Cleveland(23) and Lakers(23) will definetly. Probably another team he didn't play for might do as well.

starface
09-19-2020, 01:54 AM
Honestly, I expect that after he retires they will retire his jock strap league-wide.

Nobody can wear XXXXXL again.

Gray GOAT
09-19-2020, 02:18 AM
He’s already the best player ever to put on a Lakers jersey, it would only be right for them to retire #23. The Lakers franchise was probably at its worst it had ever been in when LeBron signed here, fast forward 24 months later and they are about to be champions again. LeRevive.

LAmbruh
09-19-2020, 02:24 AM
He’s already the best player ever to put on a Lakers jersey, it would only be right for them to retire #23. The Lakers franchise was probably at its worst it had ever been in when LeBron signed here, fast forward 24 months later and they are about to be champions again. LeRevive.

He saved us, the least we could do is hang his jersey

He deserves a statue

Anfernee
09-19-2020, 02:49 AM
The will retire his number and put up a statue at Staples.

Axe
09-19-2020, 03:53 AM
They won 35 games two seasons ago. So I doubt if that was the worst record they ever had in the last 5 years.

Gray GOAT
09-19-2020, 04:06 AM
They won 35 games two seasons ago. So I doubt if that was the worst record they ever had in the last 5 years.

First of all, being the worst you've ever been as a franchise isn't based off one season, you dummy. It's a semi long term thing. The Lakers had won 127 games the five seasons prior to LeBron's arrival. I'm pretty sure that's the worst they had ever done over that span. The Warriors won 15 games this year and are in a good position going forward, I am assuming you are able to comprehend this? Second of all, being at your worst as a franchise isn't just wins, or lack thereof. It's assets, which the Lakers didn't have, other than a few terrible draft selections.

Axe
09-19-2020, 04:15 AM
First of all, being the worst you've ever been as a franchise isn't based off one season, you dummy. It's a semi long term thing. The Lakers had won 127 games the five seasons prior to LeBron's arrival. I'm pretty sure that's the worst they had ever done over that span. The Warriors won 15 games this year and are in a good position going forward, I am assuming you are able to comprehend this? Second of all, being at your worst as a franchise isn't just wins, or lack thereof. It's assets, which the Lakers didn't have, other than a few terrible draft selections.
Lmao i said that and only used that season as a reference because you said earlier

The Lakers franchise was probably at its worst it had ever been in when LeBron signed here

So are we clear here, slick?

Gray GOAT
09-19-2020, 04:33 AM
Lmao i said that and only used that season as a reference because you said earlier

So are we clear here, slick?

This forum is filled with low IQ idiots, but somehow, someway, you manage to out-do every single one of them with every post you make. If your reading comprehension is non-existent that is fine, but it would be wise not to respond to posts that are out of your league. Don't be sorry, be better.

Axe
09-19-2020, 04:51 AM
This forum is filled with low IQ idiots, but somehow, someway, you manage to out-do every single one of them with every post you make. If your reading comprehension is non-existent that is fine, but it would be wise not to respond to posts that are out of your league. Don't be sorry, be better.
I guess the truth hurts you slick but no need to whine about that.

In fact, the '17-18 lakers won 31 out of their first 67 games, the very same record for the succeeding season in the same period ('18-19 lakers) of the team with bran in the lineup, regardless of injuries.

I understand how having the worst record in the league can make them a lottery team, coupled with a bunch of trades to make them better in the future tho slowly but surely, they did become better each season after 2015-16, the season in which kobe retired.

But ofc there was no one to lead them so they just went on a rebuilding mode until they got both bran plus ad, which is why they're now back to the postseason this year.

Spurs m8
09-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Wonder wheels been hard on the poll

LAmbruh
09-20-2020, 05:37 AM
93% in favor

Damn, landslide victory

#23 going up :applause:

SATAN
09-20-2020, 09:27 AM

:oldlol: Axe at it again

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 12:22 PM
His jersey? Tbd.

Worst case scenario we hang his suit shorts and man purse up there

starface
09-20-2020, 01:22 PM
Jersey retired? Thats already a 100% given. Doesnt even require a discussion.

The real question is when they decide to honor him with a statue outside Staples (asap after he retires) will they do so by ‘erecting’ (pun intended) a six foot sculpture of his cack n balls.

If the organization has any class at all, the answer will be yes.

Lakers Legend#32
09-20-2020, 04:10 PM
Win A Title.
Retire His Jersey.

Ghost1
09-20-2020, 04:20 PM

The real question is when they decide to honor him with a statue outside Staples (asap after he retires) will they do so by ‘erecting’ (pun intended) a six foot sculpture of his cack n balls.

:roll::roll::roll:

light
09-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Jeanie loves LeBron.

He's probably plowing her.

Jersey and statue is guaranteed.

SaltyMeatballs
09-20-2020, 05:48 PM

I wouldn't mind being a homeless man living right outside of staples center if they do that

https://i.giphy.com/media/gHWtD3HTHmWJnDW4an/giphy.gif

Fedor - Laker
09-20-2020, 08:15 PM
Lebron > Kobe.
Shaq > Kobe.
Gasol > Kobe.

FACTS.