PDA

View Full Version : MMA superstar Colby Covington went in HARD on Lebron James after big win

STATUTORY
09-20-2020, 09:42 AM
First responders] keep this world safe, not these woke athletes, man,” he said. “I’m sick of these woke athletes, these spineless cowards like LeBron James.

:lebronamazed::lebronamazed:

https://sports.yahoo.com/colby-covington-call-president-donald-trump-shots-joe-biden-lebron-james-protests-tyron-woodley-ufc-win-040026936.html

SATAN
09-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Very insightful stuff. Is his IQ higher than the amount of words you quoted? Just wondering.

TheGoatest
09-20-2020, 09:46 AM
LeBron being rent free beyond the world of basketball is a testament to his greatness. He is bigger than the game itself.

ArbitraryWater
09-20-2020, 09:47 AM
FINALLY.

Mother****er.

FINALLY.

A real celebrity using this chance, this outlet, to speak out aggressively against the wave and make a name for themselves.

I was wondering why it took so long.

Okay hm he's too obvious with the MAGA Hat and all..

ThatCoolKid
09-20-2020, 09:54 AM
FINALLY.

Mother****er.

FINALLY.

A real celebrity using this chance, this outlet, to speak out aggressively against the wave and make a name for themselves.

Just go watch fox news. None of this stuff is controversial public discourse for the fox news crew.

ThatCoolKid
09-20-2020, 09:55 AM
LeBron being rent free beyond the world of basketball is a testament to his greatness. He is bigger than the game itself.

:applause: republicans are SEETHING. OBSESSED.

Hey Yo
09-20-2020, 10:02 AM
A superstar that nobody's heard of.

:oldlol:

KennyPowers
09-20-2020, 10:11 AM
Colby Covington can choke Lebron to death and or knockout all his teeth. Anything else?

warriorfan
09-20-2020, 10:15 AM
Colby Covington can choke Lebron to death and or knockout all his teeth. Anything else?

Rawdog his mom with DaRealLambo.

CelticBaller
09-20-2020, 10:25 AM

Lebron can dunk on him

KennyPowers
09-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Lebron can dunk on him

Covington can spunk on him... After he knocks him out

imdaman99
09-20-2020, 10:49 AM
A superstar that nobody's heard of.

:oldlol:

This. I suppose this guy got what he wanted riding Lebron's coattails. Dude obviously needed attention :oldlol:

tpols
09-20-2020, 10:59 AM
FINALLY.

Mother****er.

FINALLY.

A lot of MMA fighters are big time trump fans... tito ortiz, mcgregor, chael sonnen etc.

Fighting is the last of a dying breed of real competition. A lot of sports are basically rigged... basketball being one of the worst offenders. You can't rig fighting if the other guy gets tapped or KO'ed.

keep-itreal
09-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Lebron is a hypocrite. Completely silent on the issue in Hong Kong and China and now all of sudden vocal about some ghetto trash getting shot again.

By the way, it's been a month since the boycott happened. Any progress made? Nope, he got to told to shut up and dribble again by his overlords. :roll:

fake azz social activist:roll:

FKAri
09-20-2020, 11:20 AM
If he doesn't like being woke, LeGod will put him to sleep. I don't think LeBoss orders a hit out on him. The personal nature of these attacks has me thinking LeBrawn would want to get his hands dirty directly. Probably meet him in a dark alley. Call him out.

Colby turns around, "Please sir I didn't mean anything by it. It's just something my Republitard sponsors wanted me to say. You know how it is."
"No I don't because I'd never do that."
"Does where that coin land decide my fate? Like Two face?"
"No"
LeTreeTrunk then pops a boner on command that strikes the dime and sends it right through Colby's cranium.
A cop nearby stops LeBeast to ask what was that sound and what was he doing in that alley?
"Doing what I do best: Dropping dimes."

LAmbruh
09-20-2020, 11:24 AM
If he doesn't like being woke, LeGod will put him to sleep. I don't think LeBoss orders a hit out on him. The personal nature of these attacks has me thinking LeBrawn would want to get his hands dirty directly. Probably meet him in a dark alley. Call him out.

Colby turns around, "Please sir I didn't mean anything by it. It's just something my Republitard sponsors wanted me to say. You know how it is."
"No"
LeTreeTrunk then pops a boner on command that strikes the dime and sends it right through Colby's cranium.
A cop nearby stops LeBeast to ask what was that sound and what was he doing in that alley?

:roll:

Manny98
09-20-2020, 11:38 AM
Dude just won the fight of his life and all he can think about is LeBron James :roll:

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Never heard of this guy. I've heard of Tyron Woodley. He used to be a beast. What happened?

highwhey
09-20-2020, 12:08 PM

5'11 170lbs(redneck) vs 6'8 260lbs (world class athlete)

sure thing bud, there isn't a martial arts in the world that can overcome a near 100lb and 1 ft difference in height, this ain't the movies kid

tpols
09-20-2020, 12:09 PM

sure thing bud, there isn't a martial arts in the world that can overcome a near 100lb and 1 ft difference in height, this ain't the movies kid

assuming lebron has no training you're giving a really low IQ take. The man just caved another pro fighters ribs in. He would knock the wind out of lebron with one body shot and have him gasping for air.

highwhey
09-20-2020, 12:13 PM
]assuming lebron has no training [/B]you're giving a really low IQ take. The man just caved another pro fighters ribs in. He would knock the wind out of lebron with one body shot and have him gasping for air.

"assuming"

lol, re-read your sentence. the arm length of lebron would allow him to get some blows before this redneck could get a shot to bron's body.

there's a reason why weight classes exist in organized fighting. not only is there a 1ft difference in height, but lebron has above average arm length, way superior athleticism and is significantly smarter than this redneck.

keep watching rednecks fight tho, these are the same guys that get dragged out by 6'5 bouncers in bars after they get too rowdy.

tpols
09-20-2020, 12:15 PM
"assuming"

lol, re-read your sentence. the arm length of lebron would allow him to get some blows before this redneck could get a shot to bron's body.

there's a reason why weight classes exist in organized fighting. not only is there a 1ft difference in height, but lebron has above average arm length, way superior athleticism and is significantly smarter than this redneck.

keep watching rednecks fight tho, these are the same guys that get dragged out by 6'5 bouncers in bars after they get too rowdy.

yea... to have equally skilled opponents be around the same size and have a fair fight. These aren't equally skilled opponents... man you are DUMB. :oldlol:

highwhey
09-20-2020, 12:17 PM
yea... to have equally skilled opponents be around the same size and have a fair fight. These aren't equally skilled opponents... man you are DUMB. :oldlol:

you're consistently regarded as one of the lowest iq posters on this forum for a reason. continue on, you're a laughingstock anyhow. :lol

Stanley Kobrick
09-20-2020, 12:19 PM
you're consistently regarded as one of the lowest iq posters on this forum for a reason. continue on, you're a laughingstock anyhow. :lol
mind you that user Tpols thinks professional fighting isn't rigged. that tells you he level of his IQ right there alone

Mask the Embiid
09-20-2020, 12:20 PM

First responders] keep this world safe, not these woke athletes, man,” he said. “I’m sick of these woke athletes, these spineless cowards like LeBron James.
https://sports.yahoo.com/colby-covington-call-president-donald-trump-shots-joe-biden-lebron-james-protests-tyron-woodley-ufc-win-040026936.html

why not just replace the word woke with black and be real about it.Why be a MMA champion if you are still gonna be a p***y and code your words

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 12:20 PM

I haven't watched much MMA since the Pride days but I remember little Roger Huerta taking out that Texas linebacker with one punch. He was only around 150-60 lbs during that time and was giving up 80 lbs easy. Although he was only giving up 4-5 inches, not 9.

AirTupac
09-20-2020, 12:50 PM

Dude the guy is like 300 lbs and some fatwad dweeb Mexican. If you think an unskilled fighter can do anything to Colby REGARDLESS Of height and weight difference, you are automatically a retard.

Also Colby is a great fighter for those who dont watch UFC. He went toe to toe with the champion Usman and it was an amazing fight. Got his chin broken and still went toe to toe. He WRECKED Woodley (time to retire).

ThatCoolKid
09-20-2020, 12:53 PM
why not just replace the word woke with black and be real about it.Why be a MMA champion if you are still gonna be a p***y and code your words

For real though. Racists are always bitch made.

dreamshake
09-20-2020, 01:02 PM

"No"

What kind of God has a small dick?

sdot_thadon
09-20-2020, 01:02 PM
Fighting is the last of a dying breed of real competition. A lot of sports are basically rigged... basketball being one of the worst offenders. You can't rig fighting if the other guy gets tapped or KO'ed.

What world do you live in? Fighting is easily the most corrupt of all sports, being THE easiest to rig to boot. Only takes participation of one person to rig a fight.

dreamshake
09-20-2020, 01:07 PM

Damn he called LeBron a spineless coward. No one in the history of sports gets more disrespected than LeBron James. Perhaps he is a fraud after all and people are starting to recognize that.

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Damn he called LeBron a spineless coward. No one in the history of sports gets more disrespected than LeBron James. Perhaps he is a fraud after all and people are starting to recognize that.

This is the problem with athletes yapping about political stuff. You invite all the people on the other side to start sniping at you. In this case a low iq inbred who has the attention of the media, for the moment at least. To make matters worse Lebron can't do anything about it because he'd get wrecked irl.

Save it for after you retire. It's just a distraction. Kobe and Jordan knew this and they were much more intelligent. Lebron has lead a charmed life since the age of 13. He no longer has a connection to the real world or the smarts to contribute a helpful political opinion.

dreamshake
09-20-2020, 02:28 PM
This is the second time a member of America has gone after LeBron for his wokeness in recent weeks. LeBron in hiding. What happened to that wokeness? :roll:

999Guy
09-20-2020, 02:33 PM

You actually believe this? LeBron would hurt him bad. He’s not even just weightclasses above, he’s tiers of athleticism above too.

Gohan
09-20-2020, 06:12 PM
If the dude doesn’t grab lebron then he is getting his ass whooped if both are standing up. Believe me

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 06:34 PM
If the dude doesn’t grab lebron then he is getting his ass whooped if both are standing up. Believe me

Lebron wouldn't stand a chance against any mma fighter over 150 lbs much less an elite fighter. Until Lebron received a good amount of training I doubt he's going to connect on his shots meanwhile they are going to be wrecking his body and legs. A couple of vicious leg kicks and you can yell "timber". According to this fighters twitter he "reps" with 500 lbs,(but is only seen with 400). He's pretty strong but that has to be a lie

highwhey
09-20-2020, 06:43 PM
Lebron wouldn't stand a chance against any mma fighter over 150 lbs much less an elite fighter. Until Lebron received a good amount of training I doubt he's going to connect on his shots meanwhile they are going to be wrecking his body and legs. A couple of vicious leg kicks and you can yell "timber". According to this fighters twitter he "reps" with 500 lbs,(but is only seen with 400). He's pretty strong but that has to be a lie

lol, whos saying thi midget could even connect his kicks? lebron is almost a foot taller and is a tier 1 athlete worldwide, this midget redneck isn't anywhere near lebron's athleticism.

starface
09-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Too much speculation.

They should settle it in the ring.

dreamshake
09-20-2020, 07:02 PM
lol, whos saying thi midget could even connect his kicks? lebron is almost a foot taller and is a tier 1 athlete worldwide, this midget redneck isn't anywhere near lebron's athleticism.

Tier 1 athlete that flops 3 ft when no one touches him and complains after every drive regardless of it's a foul or not. Yea LeBron is getting his ass whooped no doubt.

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 07:03 PM

If you were talking about boxing, he'd have a small shot I guess but in MMA, nah LeBron getting destroyed. Look at all the 5'11-6'1 heavyweight champions, most recently 5'11 Daniel Cormier. If size was a major determining factor how come all the UFC champions aren't tall?

Besides this guy is a 5'11 "midget", how tall are you?

highwhey
09-20-2020, 07:16 PM
If you were talking about boxing, he'd have a small shot I guess but in MMA, nah LeBron getting destroyed. Look at all the 5'11-6'1 heavyweight champions, most recently 5'11 Daniel Cormier. If size was a major determining factor how come all the UFC champions aren't tall?

Besides this guy is a 5'11 "midget", how tall are you?

i'm 5'11

can confirm i am a midget when i enter a LA fitness gym and see eevryone is 6'5

you're overestimating martial arts, they cannot overcome such a huge advantage in size, weight and athleticism. we're not talking about some random 6'8 guy here, we're talking about a freak of nature who won the genetic lottery vs some guy who happens to be good at brawling with opponents in his size realm. they're not even in the same realm of athleticism.

34-24 Footwork
09-20-2020, 07:22 PM
Trian Lebron in BJJ for about 6 months and he would probably beat the living dog shit out of an underpaid MMA bigot.

Gohan
09-20-2020, 08:01 PM
^^ true and lebron learns fast

Lebron23
09-20-2020, 08:02 PM

Kamaru Usman is going to knock that piece $hit again.

red1
09-20-2020, 08:28 PM
the mma equivalent of lebron is prime fedor or prime anderson silva

the mma equivalent of colby coming at lebron is like patrick beverly coming at prime jon jones.

red1
09-20-2020, 08:30 PM
FYI beverly would get murked by jon if that wasnt obvious

theballerFKA Ace
09-20-2020, 08:42 PM
Trian Lebron in BJJ for about 6 months and he would probably beat the living dog shit out of an underpaid MMA bigot.

Train Lebron at 19 maybe he has a shot at beating low tier middle weight fighters. That's a big maybe. Train LeBron at 35 no way. The mind is a sponge at 19, at 35 it's tough to learn new things fast.

Basketball guys like us may have a hard time understanding MMA because basketball is so dependant on athleticism. MMA is not. It's more mental than anything else. Having super speed, athleticism and strength doesn't mean sht in MMA. The defining difference among elite fighters in the MMA isn't physical, it's mental. When's the last time you saw a basketball player fck shit up? Basketball players are probably only ahead of golfers in terms of toughness. Not just that, basketball players are skinny. Even big guys like LeBron, Steven Adams and Zion, ok maybe not Zion haha, look a lot skinnier up close than they do on TV. They just look big compared to other basketball players. LBJ is getting wrecked by your average fighter in this guys weight class, not to mention the elites.

Spurs m8
09-20-2020, 08:55 PM

Its not rent free....its calling out a pvssy for what he is

He's create more hate and division and working against what he's trying to achieve

red1
09-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Train Lebron at 19 maybe he has a shot at beating low tier middle weight fighters. That's a big maybe. Train LeBron at 35 no way. The mind is a sponge at 19, at 35 it's tough to learn new things fast.

Basketball guys like us may have a hard time understanding MMA because basketball is so dependant on athleticism. MMA is not. It's more mental than anything else. Having super speed, athleticism and strength doesn't mean sht in MMA. The defining difference among elite fighters in the MMA isn't physical, it's mental. When's the last time you saw a basketball player fck shit up? Basketball players are probably only ahead of golfers in terms of toughness. Not just that, basketball players are skinny. Even big guys like LeBron, Steven Adams and Zion, ok maybe not Zion haha, look a lot skinnier up close than they do on TV. They just look big compared to other basketball players. LBJ is getting wrecked by your average fighter in this guys weight class, not to mention the elites.

dude shut the fcuk up. MMA fighters are GRATEFUL that athletes like zion and lebron don't play their sport.

starface
09-20-2020, 08:57 PM

It’s obviously a big size (lol) difference regardless, but fighters do get super lean for weigh ins. A fighter Covington’s size could easily walk around at 200 and be in shape to throw down. So the weight difference isnt as dramatic in practice as it looks on paper.

I dont follow/know enough about mma fighting to be confident judging these things, altho I did think it was bullshit when Bron said Ronda Rousey would whup his ass. With m vs f, professional training is mitigated by much slighter size and coordination advantages. I would image man v man it takes a much more dramatic difference. Hard to say where that thresh hold is exactly.

ZenMaster7210
09-20-2020, 09:55 PM

:oldlol::roll::oldlol:

bdonovan
09-20-2020, 11:06 PM

I'd say I'd be interested in his reasoning why LeBron is a "coward" (he doesn't offer a reason in the video), but let's face it there's no gold in these hills. My guess is it would just be a bunch of random, disconnected utterances mixed in with some N-bombs.

Norcaliblunt
09-20-2020, 11:53 PM
This is where I wish athletic freak dudes like Bron, Shaq, Ben Wallace, Karl Malone were fighters instead of basketball players. Imagine how fun it would be to watch these dudes throw down.

theballerFKA Ace
09-21-2020, 12:37 AM
This is where I wish athletic freak dudes like Bron, Shaq, Ben Wallace, Karl Malone were fighters instead of basketball players. Imagine how fun it would be to watch these dudes throw down.

All those guys are getting put into an early grave even with training, except for maybe Malone. Big Bad Ben will get destroyed.

NBA guys still can't figure out that athleticism doesn't even come close to endurance, heart and pain threshold.

Take a look at Anthony Joshua. He has all those attributes already, endurance, willpower, heart, pain threshold combined with the athleticism of the best NBA players. 6'6 with s 6'10 wingspan. Beat a 2016 olympic gold medal winner in the 100m. And he gets TKOd by fat Andy Ruiz that's 5 inches shorter, and makes Joe Ingles look like prime Vince Carter by athletic comparison.

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/4ae2329/2147483647/strip/true/crop/5568x3712+0+0/resize/840x560!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F28%2F9c%2Ff68d5afb4c e08327f63863386283%2Fhttps-delivery.gettyimages.com%2Fdownloads%2F1186741082. jpg

highwhey
09-21-2020, 12:47 AM
All those guys are getting put into an early grave even with training, except for maybe Malone. Big Bad Ben will get destroyed.

NBA guys still can't figure out that athleticism doesn't even come close to endurance, heart and pain threshold.

Take a look at Anthony Joshua. He has all those attributes already, endurance, willpower, heart, pain threshold combined with the athleticism of the best NBA players. 6'6 with s 6'10 wingspan. Beat a 2016 olympic gold medal winner in the 100m. And he gets TKOd by fat Andy Ruiz that's 5 inches shorter, and makes Joe Ingles look like prime Vince Carter by athletic comparison.

https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/4ae2329/2147483647/strip/true/crop/5568x3712+0+0/resize/840x560!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F28%2F9c%2Ff68d5afb4c e08327f63863386283%2Fhttps-delivery.gettyimages.com%2Fdownloads%2F1186741082. jpg

so you're comparing two heavyweight boxers of similar weight and size to make your argument that a 5'11 mma fighter would beat 6'8 lebron james? you do realize a 4 inch difference and 40lbs difference doesn't compare to 9" difference and 100lb difference right? that's like, actually it is twice the difference.

and boxing requires infinitely more endurance than mma. not that the nba is light on endurance anyways. you sound like an armchair qb. speaking of football, lebron's hand eye cordination is off the charts as well.

Norcaliblunt
09-21-2020, 12:57 AM

Of course there will always be the heart and skill guys. That’s why Steve Nash and Steph Curry both have 2 MVPs in a league full of athletic freaks. Train all the guys I mentioned from early childhood to fight and they would be entertaining and possibly great. It would be fun to see that’s all I said.

Wally450
09-21-2020, 08:37 AM
I read the thread title as Robert Covington.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-23-2020, 03:33 AM
https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/1308216659308470272

holy shit he knows about the Delonte/Gloria affair:roll::roll:

Spurs m8
09-23-2020, 07:30 AM

Just found out about this too :roll::roll:

We sure he doesn't post on here?:roll:

LoneyROY7
09-23-2020, 07:39 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eie46IKUMAAI7qi?format=jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eie46IbUcAEYv4b?format=jpg&name=small

warriorfan
09-23-2020, 07:41 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Gohan
09-23-2020, 08:37 AM
When it’s at the point of basically threatening lebron it’s just sad. Bet them mma fighters can’t take them rounds from that choppa

insight
09-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Colby Covington is a Joke! He was destroyed by Usman instead of focusing on Lebron James who is not an MMA fighter he should be trying to get his soul back from Usman.

bullettooth
09-23-2020, 09:27 AM

LOL, I'd like to hear a response from LeBald.

insight
09-23-2020, 09:29 AM
LOL, I'd like to hear a response from LeBald.

No need to respond, dude is irrelevant. Usman snatched his soul, he is trying to use Lebron's name to up his profile.

https://youtu.be/4Zp9AHzRIPs

dreamshake
09-23-2020, 02:48 PM
I think LeBron actually responded. Someone pull up the quote. Not a good look when someone touches you and you go flying 3ft on the court.

999Guy
09-23-2020, 03:42 PM

What the **** are you talking about?

If you have quarter billion dollar athleticism why would you go get brain damage for Dana White’s shitty checks?

That old ass Cuban shows you what? That it’s a young mans sport?

Ngannou got involved in fighting yesterday, and he might knock Miocic’s stupid head off.

Lebron23
09-23-2020, 04:02 PM
No need to respond, dude is irrelevant. Usman snatched his soul, he is trying to use Lebron's name to up his profile.

https://youtu.be/4Zp9AHzRIPs

Usman always been a class act. Hope this time he permanently ends Colby's mma career and beat him up again.

Lebron23
09-23-2020, 04:04 PM
What the **** are you talking about?

If you have quarter billion dollar athleticism why would you go get brain damage for Dana White’s shitty checks?

That old ass Cuban shows you what? That it’s a young mans sport?

Ngannou got involved in fighting yesterday, and he might knock Miocic’s stupid head off.

That's actually true. Playing basketball is better than being a ufc fighter. And if you are a good boxer might as well try boxing.