PDA

View Full Version : When Anthony Davis wins FMVP....

Shaquille O'Neal
09-20-2020, 01:39 PM
Will this hurt Lebron's legacy to win another chip as the Scottie Pippen?
If game one from Denver is any indication (37 pts for AD vs 15 for LBJ) it should easily be AD's FMVP trophy celebration.

Just curious if needing another top 5 player to team up hurts or helps his legacy? I mean 2016 he had a dude not only hit the game go-ahead 3 pointer to win, but that same guy (Kyrie) had a 41 pt, 70% shooting game.
Will a 4th as the 2nd fiddle get him in your top 5? He's around 8-9 for me; don't have him quite at 10th like Kenny the Jet does.

starface
09-20-2020, 01:45 PM
If game one from Denver is any indication (37 pts for AD vs 15 for LBJ) it should easily be AD's FMVP trophy celebration.

Just curious if needing another top 5 player to team up hurts or helps his legacy? I mean 2016 he had a dude not only hit the game go-ahead 3 pointer to win, but that same guy (Kyrie) had a 41 pt, 70% shooting game.
Will a 4th as the 2nd fiddle get him in your top 5? He's around 8-9 for me; don't have him quite at 10th like Kenny the Jet does.

You mean the guy who won more career playoff series than MJ did?

The guy who didnt go 1-9?

The man who piped Madonna down lovely while MJ couldn't 'hang'?

Will it hurt Lebomb's legacy to be like him?

No.

LoneyROY7
09-20-2020, 01:51 PM

So game 1 of a non-Finals game indicates AD should easily win Finals MVP?

I guess Shaq was never known for his intellect. :oldlol:

Manny98
09-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Nope he's having one of the greatest playoff runs in history

Averaging 28/10/8 off 65% true shooting with a 30 PER :bowdown:

GOAT shit, haters are seething

tpols
09-20-2020, 02:03 PM
It will be known as a "Pippen" ring... so yea, who cares lol. That's how they did Kobe when he was putting up better metrics than peak Shaq.

J Shuttlesworth
09-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Did it hurt Kobe to win his wish Shaq?

Either way, it's a legacy boost but that 4th FMVP would be nice since he'd be the 2nd highest FMVP in history

Akeem34TheDream
09-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Did thefirst three rings of Kobe hurt his legacy?

Akeem34TheDream
09-20-2020, 02:10 PM

Either way, it's a legacy boost but that 4th FMVP would be nice since he'd be the 2nd highest FMVP in history

Damn beat me to it

tpols
09-20-2020, 02:11 PM

:roll:

He got chastised forever for it.

J Shuttlesworth
09-20-2020, 02:16 PM
:roll:

He got chastised forever for it.

By people on ISH/Reddit..

But more importantly, do you think Kobes legacy is better with or without the NON-FMVP rings?

Cyrus334
09-20-2020, 02:19 PM

No.

So much hurt.

Are you okay?

sdot_thadon
09-20-2020, 02:23 PM

Sure, I mean Scottie had several 2nd place finishes in the mvp voting during the 3peats.....:facepalm

tpols
09-20-2020, 02:27 PM
By people on ISH/Reddit..

But more importantly, do you think Kobes legacy is better with or without the NON-FMVP rings?

Obviously better because 2 of them were superstar rings. But it didn't stop the media and general fan populace from laying into him for being a "pippen". (big disrespect)

It wasn't until Kobe won the '09 and '10 rings that people actually looked back and started to give him some credit. There was a ton of commentary leading up to that saying Kobe couldn't and wouldn't ever come even close to winning shit without the "MDE". Kobe wasn't a media darling and league FO goldenboy like Lebron. He was the opposite. A villainous character.

J Shuttlesworth
09-20-2020, 02:54 PM
Obviously better because 2 of them were superstar rings. But it didn't stop the media and general fan populace from laying into him for being a "pippen". (big disrespect)

It wasn't until Kobe won the '09 and '10 rings that people actually looked back and started to give him some credit. There was a ton of commentary leading up to that saying Kobe couldn't and wouldn't ever come even close to winning shit without the "MDE". Kobe wasn't a media darling and league FO goldenboy like Lebron. He was the opposite. A villainous character.

So your point is that LeBron did it in reverse order? Alpha first, pippen ring after 3 FMVPS. Ok... Still a good legacy boost to have 4 rings instead of 3

Shaquille O'Neal
09-20-2020, 03:38 PM

No.

So let's break these down for context.
Most playoff wins is a longevity stat. It took the following for that to happen:
1) No college, +3 year advantage.
2) Play in a weak conference.
3) If he's won so many series, why does he have 1/2 the rings? 17 years to get 3 vs 13 years to get 6. I don't count 85-86 or 94-95 and MJ only played 18 games or less those 2 years.

So there's that.
1-9 is the win/loss ratio for Lebron's last 9 finals games. How embarrassing you bring that up, but it just proves my point for me.

No one cares about Madonna. Must have worked out - one of those 2 is financially bankrupt while the other is worth a couple of billion.

Spurs m8
09-20-2020, 04:24 PM
Either way, he should be around the Top 5-10 mark once the dust settles after his retirement.

Gonna be funny watching the stans turn on AD though

Shaquille O'Neal
09-20-2020, 10:21 PM
Still not convinced?
2 games in, AD best player for both. The phony goat, 2 airball 3's in game 2. AD with the game winner. FMVP will go to Davis; book it.