PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn, Golden State, Bucks, or Clippers - Which team has most to lose next year?

Nike D'Antoni
09-20-2020, 10:18 PM
Brooklyn has Durant - Kyrie. injury concerns?
Golden State have Curry, Klay, Green, Wiggins, good picks coming to trade for quality players.
Bucks have Giannis.
Clippers Kawhi , George.

Which team next year needs to win most.

NBAGOAT
09-20-2020, 10:21 PM
Clippers for sure. Brooklyn has time with their stars. Bucks do have a lot with Giannis but they can blow it up with assets after. Clips almost have to win with this core or sign someone else in 2021

Nike D'Antoni
09-20-2020, 10:49 PM
Clippers for sure. Brooklyn has time with their stars. Bucks do have a lot with Giannis but they can blow it up with assets after. Clips almost have to win with this core or sign someone else in 2021

They all have something to lose.

Bucks - Another season like this one, Giannis gone.
Brooklyn - Concerns about injury, if they don't put up a playoffs next year. Dont know if they will be injury-free.
Clippers - Another season like this one, Kawhi gone.
GSW - Least team to lose, as they got Curry - Klay and draft picks to build onto something

BigtimeNBAFan
09-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Golden State doesn't have much to lose. They have won 3 recent titles and been to 5 straight finals until this year. They don't have some unreasonable pressure to win next year. The Bucks need to at least seriously be contending or the Greek Freak walks. That is a lot of pressure. It is Cleveland 2010 like pressure.

Brooklyn has pressure. A title in Brooklyn would greatly boost Durant's legacy. He also isn't getting younger. He is 33 now coming off an injury that cost him a full season. We don't know how much longer his wondow is of being one of the elites of the game.

Clippers have the most to lose. They mortgaged their future and Kawhi and George could walk after next year if they want to. If they don't win, it will be a horrendous choke that will set the franchise back a very long time. They might as well move out of LA if they can't win with this group. This is the best chance they have ever had and may ever have.

Nike D'Antoni
09-20-2020, 11:07 PM
Golden State doesn't have much to lose. They have won 3 recent titles and been to 5 straight finals until this year. They don't have some unreasonable pressure to win next year. The Bucks need to at least seriously be contending or the Greek Freak walks. That is a lot of pressure. It is Cleveland 2010 like pressure.

Brooklyn has pressure. A title in Brooklyn would greatly boost Durant's legacy. He also isn't getting younger. He is 33 now coming off an injury that cost him a full season. We don't know how much longer his wondow is of being one of the elites of the game.

Clippers have the most to lose. They mortgaged their future and Kawhi and George could walk after next year if they want to. If they don't win, it will be a horrendous choke that will set the franchise back a very long time. They might as well move out of LA if they can't win with this group. This is the best chance they have ever had and may ever have.

My thoughts

Norcaliblunt
09-20-2020, 11:28 PM
It’s championship or bust for all 30 teams.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 12:14 AM
My thoughts

Yep, Clippers as an organization have the most pressure. As for stars, Durant might. He needs a ring without the GSW to cement his legacy. Kawhi still has two titles to fall back on even if he doesn't win with the Clips. The Greek Freak has pressure, but he is only 25. He does have time to get the monkey off his back.

You could say Paul George personally has a ton of pressure, but I don't know if he is an upper echelon guy anyway. People don't go crazy when he loses, they just kind of expect it.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 12:14 AM
It’s championship or bust for all 30 teams.

That sounds good, but many teams would be happy with results far below that. If I told a twolves fan, his team would go to the second round next year, he would have the biggest smile of his life.

Nike D'Antoni
09-21-2020, 12:24 AM
Yep, Clippers as an organization have the most pressure. As for stars, Durant might. He needs a ring without the GSW to cement his legacy. Kawhi still has two titles to fall back on even if he doesn't win with the Clips. The Greek Freak has pressure, but he is only 25. He does have time to get the monkey off his back.

You could say Paul George personally has a ton of pressure, but I don't know if he is an upper echelon guy anyway. People don't go crazy when he loses, they just kind of expect it.

I think Ballmer will open his chequebook, and Keep Harrell + Morris. Go over 160 m.

Nike D'Antoni
11-18-2020, 07:58 PM
The big four. The four favorites.

PP34Deuce
11-18-2020, 08:03 PM
Clippers.....

Golden state is playing with house money with a top 2 pick and talented offensive pieces.

NBAGOAT
11-18-2020, 08:22 PM
golden state might have nothing to lose now with klay's injury

Nike D'Antoni
01-11-2021, 05:02 PM
Bucks resigned Giannis for 5 years
Warriors have Wiseman project, wolves pick

I think it's Nets or Clippers. More the Clippers as Kawhi might be heading back to Canada or the Lakers if he wants to stay in LA if they fail this year. He is a free agent

Nike D'Antoni
01-14-2021, 12:54 AM
Has to be Nets now.