PDA

View Full Version : Ad or prime D wade?

retaxis
09-20-2020, 10:56 PM
Ad lebrons best team mate?

francesco totti
09-20-2020, 10:58 PM
Lebron(teacher) to AD(student), What Shaq(teacher) was to Wade(student) & Wade(teacher) was to Lebron(student).

retaxis
09-20-2020, 11:27 PM
Lebron(teacher) to AD(student), What Shaq(teacher) was to Wade(student) & Wade(teacher) was to Lebron(student).

Where does kyrie and love fit into all of this lol

francesco totti
09-20-2020, 11:27 PM
Where does kyrie and love fit into all of this lol

non-factors lol

Axe
09-20-2020, 11:47 PM
If ad becomes fmvp, he'll be better than prime wade.

Norcaliblunt
09-21-2020, 12:01 AM
Both better than Pippen.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 12:09 AM
Dwade was only great during 2010-2011. He was good the other years, but wasn't even close to AD's level.

Nike D'Antoni
09-21-2020, 12:32 AM
Prime Wade is 2006 Wade vs Dallas. That Wade is unstoppable.

J Shuttlesworth
09-21-2020, 01:25 AM
I do think prime Dwade is a better player than AD, but AD is a better fit for LeBron as a teammate

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 11:24 AM
2011 Wade is the best, but I'd put AD over 12/13/14 Wade at this point. Plus, Wade and Lebron weren't as natural a fit, especially their first year because it was more of a 'my turn' offense. Miami Lebron and current AD would have been special.

Manny98
09-21-2020, 11:28 AM
AD easily

Current AD is arguably the GOAT peak for a power forward

Shogon
09-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Not only is AD LeBron's best ever teammate in terms of what AD brings as an individual, AD is also the best fit LeBron has ever had out of a fellow teammate to compliment his game. Kyrie was probably first on that list prior to this season.

AD fits LeBron's game perfectly. A universe that exists in which they're both playing together at their peaks is beyond nasty, tbh.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Prime Wade is 2006 Wade vs Dallas. That Wade is unstoppable.

I'd say prime Wade was 08-09 Wade. He was incredible, just had a garbage team. His best teammate was Shawn Marion who missed half the season.

Mr Exlax
09-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Prime Wade is the better player by far. AD compliments LBJ more imo

Shogon
09-21-2020, 11:49 AM

:no::no::no:

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 11:53 AM

By far is pushing it. The Brow is a special player. Peak Wade was special, but he was only at his peak for a few seasons. Anthony Davis already has more all nba first team selections than Wade. Would have loved to see Wade's career without the injuries though.

pandiani17
09-21-2020, 12:52 PM
I'd take AD, he is a bad, bad man. I mean, just that look in his eyes that he is not going to stop until he he gets what he wants is irreplaceable. As a player, he reminds me of Tim Duncan, doesn't show emotion but is very driven, and his offensive skillset is very varied. Curious this, seeing that he was a defensive stopper in his Kentucky Wildcat year and in his first years in the league. Props to him for improving so much.

ArbitraryWater
09-21-2020, 12:53 PM
2011 Wade is the best, but I'd put AD over 12/13/14 Wade at this point. Plus, Wade and Lebron weren't as natural a fit, especially their first year because it was more of a 'my turn' offense. Miami Lebron and current AD would have been special.

easy call to make

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 12:57 PM
easy call to make

Yeah, actually 13 and 14 is pretty much 'duh' no brainer lol because he had fallen off from injury, but even in 12 where I'd say he was still a top 10 player in general ( bottom half of the top 10), AD's surpassed that version of Wade. Still like 2011 overall.....

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 01:01 PM
By far is pushing it. The Brow is a special player. Peak Wade was special, but he was only at his peak for a few seasons. Anthony Davis already has more all nba first team selections than Wade. Would have loved to see Wade's career without the injuries though.

That's not really an apples to apples comparison though, either in terms of when they were playing or in terms of positional competition for all-NBA first team. If AD had come along in the 2000s instead of the 10s he probably wouldn't have the same number of first teams he has now, based on the forward competition at the time.

RRR3
09-21-2020, 01:01 PM
As the leader of a team? Wade, easily.

To compliment LeBron? AD, easily.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 01:19 PM
That's not really an apples to apples comparison though, either in terms of when they were playing or in terms of positional competition for all-NBA first team. If AD had come along in the 2000s instead of the 10s he probably wouldn't have the same number of first teams he has now, based on the forward competition at the time.

True to a point, but Dwade fell off after 2011. Again he was still good, but he wasn't an elite top player in the league. He also had the injuries that derailed him from 06-08 where he missed almost half the season both years. His peak prime was short.

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 01:42 PM
True to a point, but Dwade fell off after 2011. Again he was still good, but he wasn't an elite top player in the league. He also had the injuries that derailed him from 06-08 where he missed almost half the season both years. His peak prime was short.

Yes that was his last 'peak' year, we're in agreement on that. I'm just saying using All-NBA teams between two guys whose primes are a decade apart playing different positions isn't the most sound barometer to compare them by. For example this year AD got in first team all-nba because they can list him as a 'forward-center', whereas if he was considered as just a forward he would have dropped to the second team and Jokic would have been first-team center. They kind of 'cheated' a bit with the positions to get AD on there.

PP34Deuce
09-21-2020, 01:54 PM
Anthony Davis is not quite in his prime yet but by next year he will be. A guy who can ISO at PF while anchor a defense......

theballerFKA Ace
09-21-2020, 02:18 PM
NO ONE Lebron has played with carrys AD statline. And now that AD is shooting 40% from 3 and hitting clutch shots, he's untouchable

Doranku
09-21-2020, 02:23 PM

I'd also take peak Wade but it's certainly not by a lot. It's close one way or the other.

Manny98
09-21-2020, 02:52 PM
Anthony Davis is not quite in his prime yet but by next year he will be. A guy who can ISO at PF while anchor a defense......
There is literally nothing he can't do, he's the most complete big men the league has ever seen and he's only 26 :bowdown::bowdown:

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 03:05 PM

He's 27 and 8 years into the league. That's about as 'in prime' as you can possibly be.

NO ONE Lebron has played with carrys AD statline. And now that AD is shooting 40% from 3 and hitting clutch shots, he's untouchable

Davis is an elite PF. Lebron's prior main co-stars ( Wade, Irving) were guards so you wouldn't expect them to have his statline when it comes to things like rebounds or blocks. Wade's 2011 statline was about as good as any guard was going to get playing 'my turn' ball with Lebron.

Gougou
09-21-2020, 03:31 PM
AD > all LBJ teammates except 16 Kyrie I think.

But I really like the Wade from 06-09, he is a beast, however I think AD fits with Lebron too well.

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 04:22 PM
AD > all LBJ teammates except 16 Kyrie I think.

But I really like the Wade from 06-09, he is a beast, however I think AD fits with Lebron too well.

So, you're putting 16 Kyrie over AD and if I'm reading that properly, you're also putting him over Wade?

theballerFKA Ace
09-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Davis is an elite PF. Lebron's prior main co-stars ( Wade, Irving) were guards so you wouldn't expect them to have his statline when it comes to things like rebounds or blocks.

But AD has better GUARD playoff stats with Lebron in a lot of categories than Wade too. He shoots better from 3, he shoots better from the freethrow line, he gets to the line more, his assists are just .5 pg lower than Wade but his turnover ratio is better. AD is beasting out there.

Basketball r Us
09-21-2020, 04:48 PM
AD....we are just starting to see how great this player will be....still ascending to his prime.

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 05:03 PM
But AD has better GUARD playoff stats with Lebron in a lot of categories than Wade too. He shoots better from 3, he shoots better from the freethrow line, he gets to the line more, his assists are just .5 pg lower than Wade but his turnover ratio is better. AD is beasting out there.

Depends on the Wade in question I suppose. 2011 playoff Wade shot 77.7% free throws (AD 77.2), Wade with a minor edge in steals and virtually identical in blocks ( as a guard). Yeah AD shoots the 3 better but that was never Wade's game. And AD does get more bird fed baskets than Wade who created more of own offense ( yes AD can get the ball and make something happen, but he relies more on Lebron's facilitating than Wade did, at least that first season). I just think they performed different functions so its hard to just compare their numbers head up like that.

light
09-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Hard to say. Prime D-Wade was similarly special.

tpols
09-21-2020, 05:36 PM
AD is better than Wade. He's basically like an alpha version of David Robinson... he's averaging 29/11/4 on mind blowing splits, DPOY defense, and clutch shot making. He has to finish it for it to all count, if he pulls a kawhi and the Lakers choke it all away we'd have to re-examine but who thinks thats really gonna happen? Wade was gifted stacked teams for most of his career in a crap conference while Davis lingered on shit teams in a stacked conference.

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 06:01 PM
AD is better than Wade. He's basically like an alpha version of David Robinson... he's averaging 29/11/4 on mind blowing splits, DPOY defense, and clutch shot making. He has to finish it for it to all count, if he pulls a kawhi and the Lakers choke it all away we'd have to re-examine but who thinks thats really gonna happen? Wade was gifted stacked teams for most of his career in a crap conference while Davis lingered on shit teams in a stacked conference.

How good do you think 94 Robinson is in this era?

tpols
09-21-2020, 06:03 PM
How good do you think 94 Robinson is in this era?

He's a superstar talent but I dont think he has AD's competitiveness or shooting ability. It's pretty rare you see a super athlete 7 footer who can also shoot so well. I don't know if it's ever even existed. Dirk, Jokic, even Sabonis didn't have Davis level athleticism.

DMAVS41
09-21-2020, 06:15 PM

Just remember how much harder it is to win when you are clearly the best player on a team...even if it is a really good team. Maybe tap the brakes a little on him being "clearly better than peak Wade"...at least until he actually does a bit more.

Phoenix
09-21-2020, 06:17 PM
He's a superstar talent but I dont think he has AD's competitiveness or shooting ability. It's pretty rare you see a super athlete 7 footer who can also shoot so well. I don't know if it's ever even existed. Dirk, Jokic, even Sabonis didn't have Davis level athleticism.

I think range shooting ability from the center spot is more an era specific skill that AD probably doesn't develop in Robinsons era( and for all we know the Admiral develops 3point range in 2020). But beyond things that each develop relevant to their own time period, I think Robinson is flat-out dominant in this era. He wasn't much of a post-up center anyway, much more of a face-up guy combining athleticism and finesse which makes him probably more suitable for modern ball than the more physical 90s. And he was a more naturally imposing shotblocker than even AD is, and about par as a rebounder. No, he wasnt obsessively competitive and thats why he got punked a few times into the playoffs. I think Admiral is right there at the top of elite bigmen in this era.

tpols
09-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Just remember how much harder it is to win when you are clearly the best player on a team...even if it is a really good team. Maybe tap the brakes a little on him being "clearly better than peak Wade"...at least until he actually does a bit more.

AD has clearly been the best player on this team. They couldn't even make the playoffs last year, and are overwhelming championship favorites right now with him playing lights out. He's playing like a fusion of Garnett and Dirk right now, and that IMO is better than Wade. Obviously he has to finish it, but if he does there's no wiggle room for you acting like he's doing what he's doing as some pressure less second option. That's just an entirely false notion given the kitchen sink teams are throwing at him.

DMAVS41
09-21-2020, 08:06 PM
AD has clearly been the best player on this team. They couldn't even make the playoffs last year, and are overwhelming championship favorites right now with him playing lights out. He's playing like a fusion of Garnett and Dirk right now, and that IMO is better than Wade. Obviously he has to finish it, but if he does there's no wiggle room for you acting like he's doing what he's doing as some pressure less second option. That's just an entirely false notion given the kitchen sink teams are throwing at him.

No, he hasn't. That is absurd to say.

Davis has been great and I'm probably higher on him than a lot of people here, but acting like he's clearly better than Lebron is just nonsense.

And I never said it is meaningless, just that it is much easier to win and look great when you are playing next to a guy like Lebron.

retaxis
09-21-2020, 10:12 PM
Man davis is gonna extend lbj careeer another 2 years. Than lakers gonna draft bronny and will be next super star.