09-21-2020, 11:00 AM
incredible brush screen by Lebron

:yaohappy:

Lil-Shrimp
09-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Lebron was like a magnet. Dumblee just ran over to him :oldlol:

Shogon
09-21-2020, 11:07 AM
I mean we laugh and joke and shit and LeBron definitely did his best to give away the game, and AD definitely drilled that shot... but yeah... there aren't many if any other players in the league that would have drawn a second defender without the ball like that. It's pretty clear Denver was terrified of him getting the ball.

AD without a doubt deserves credit for carrying the Lakers down the stretch but we must also acknowledge there is a 0% chance he gets that clean of a look if LeBron James doesn't exist in that moment.

Akeem34TheDream
09-21-2020, 11:39 AM
I mean we laugh and joke and shit and LeBron definitely did his best to give away the game, and AD definitely drilled that shot... but yeah... there aren't many if any other players in the league that would have drawn a second defender without the ball like that. It's pretty clear Denver was terrified of him getting the ball.

AD without a doubt deserves credit for carrying the Lakers down the stretch but we must also acknowledge there is a 0% chance he gets that clean of a look if LeBron James doesn't exist in that moment.

Are you serious right now? That was just a switch f*ckup.

MaxPlayer
09-21-2020, 11:39 AM
incredible brush screen by Lebron

Must have been like running into a brick wall with a 14" member hanging off of it.

Shogon
09-21-2020, 11:43 AM

Right, but you don't think that the ****up was more likely because of the fact that he was LeBron?

How many people are going to leave LeBron in that instance? Whatever bro!

Akeem34TheDream
09-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Right, but you don't think that the ****up was more likely because of the fact that he was LeBron?

How many people are going to leave LeBron in that instance? Whatever bro!

98% of the NBA players don't make that mistake. But ofc you want to make it about Lebron.

scuzzy
09-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Must have been like running into a brick wall with a 14" member hanging off of it.
:lol

Shogon
09-21-2020, 11:51 AM
98% of the NBA players don't make that mistake. But ofc you want to make it about Lebron.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/481/115/4cd.gif

MrFonzworth
09-21-2020, 03:34 PM

This. LeBron didn't "draw a second defender" it was a miscommunication by Denver. Shog has some weird mental disorder

rawimpact
09-21-2020, 03:37 PM
Dumb to even think they doubled lebron... there was literally 2s left at the inbound so lebron would never have gotten the ball from AD.

You dont switch on a 2second play. EVeryone on the perimeter should jump towards the person with the ball once inbound and prevent the lob.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Lebron was like a magnet. Dumblee just ran over to him :oldlol:

Yeah it is quite comical to watch in replay. Just a dumb mistake by Plumlee. It happens, but it was costly last night and may have cost them the series. The Nuggets aren't done, but that would be amazing territory to come back down 3-1 twice and then come back 2-0 in the next round.

light
09-21-2020, 04:05 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2020/gpe0Fn.gif

Mason didn't do anything wrong if they were supposed to switch. He's pointing at AD, yelling at his teammate to jump out to him but his teammate didn't move. Instead both of those guys just ended up standing next to LeBron.

Akhenaten
09-21-2020, 04:53 PM
Mason didn't do anything wrong if they were supposed to switch. He's pointing at AD, yelling at his teammate to jump out to him but his teammate didn't move. Instead both of those guys just ended up standing next to LeBron.

If you can watch that play and think DUMBlee did ANYTHING right then you're not very bright brother...sorry.

Truthfully whether to switch or not in a situation like that is an intuitive decision, communication is of course important also but you need your players to be able to make split second assessments as to whether switching is the correct play.

Yes it's pretty standard to "switch all screens" in these seconds left type of scenarios, however you don't want to be so keen on switching that you're susceptible to a fake screen/slip action.

Perfect example:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2020/iLq4au.gif

It's weird because switching the initial action with Kuzma and AD was the correct play here yet DUMBlee was INTENT on not leaving Davis no matter what. Once Davis his DUMBlee with that juke move he should have just switches unto Kuz, Bol Bol made the right read here. DUMBlee finally leaves Davis but instead of getting to Kuzma's body meanders in no man's land, Kuz FAKES setting a screen and slips to the wing. NOW is when DUMBlee is supposed to stay home on Kuz but instead he does his now infamous point move as the man he SHOULD be guarding gets a wide open three smh

This guy doesn't have the IQ in high leverage situations to instinctively know when and when not to switch, he doesn't need to be out there in those sort of moments.

light
09-21-2020, 05:01 PM
If you can watch that play and think DUMBlee did ANYTHING right then you're not very bright brother...sorry.

Truthfully whether to switch or not in a situation like that is an intuitive decision, communication is of course important also but you need your players to be able to make split second assessments as to whether switching is the correct play.

Yes it's pretty standard to "switch all screens" in these seconds left type of scenarios, however you don't want to be so keen on switching that you're susceptible to a fake screen/slip action.

Perfect example:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2020/iLq4au.gif

It's weird because switching the initial action with Kuzma and AD was the correct play here yet DUMBlee was INTENT on not leaving Davis no matter what. Once Davis his DUMBlee with that juke move he should have just switches unto Kuz, Bol Bol made the right read here. DUMBlee finally leaves Davis but instead of getting to Kuzma's body meanders in no man's land, Kuz FAKES setting a screen and slips to the wing. NOW is when DUMBlee is supposed to stay home on Kuz but instead he does his now infamous point move as the man he SHOULD be guarding gets a wide open three smh

This guy doesn't have the IQ in high leverage situations to instinctively know when and when not to switch, he doesn't need to be out there in those sort of moments.

They don't have to make a split second assessment. The decision to switch is decided for them in their scheme. An open shooter is what happens when one of your players forgets that detail.

What they did on another play (your gif) is irrelevant because we don't know what they were told to do. But to me it looks like they weren't supposed to switch and Bol made a mistake, being that he's young and inexperienced. Bol was probably supposed to stay on Kuz.

Akhenaten
09-21-2020, 05:06 PM
Here's Grant likely telling DUMBlee to switch if there's a pick, the operative word here being IF.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2020/s5HLTc.gif

Akhenaten
09-21-2020, 05:10 PM
The decision to switch is decided for them in their scheme. An open shooter is what happens when one of your players forgets that detail.

Fine enough, and what do you do if there is no screen whatsoever?

Stay home or still switch?

light
09-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Here's Grant likely telling DUMBlee to switch if there's a pick, the operative word here being IF.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2020/s5HLTc.gif

You don't know what their conversation was about.

light
09-21-2020, 05:19 PM
Fine enough, and what do you do if there is no screen whatsoever?

Stay home or still switch?

If Grant popped out when Plumlee pointed, Davis would've been denied. That would've been the best defensive play. Plumlee is not fleet footed enough to chase Davis around the three point line.

Akhenaten
09-21-2020, 05:24 PM
You don't know what their conversation was about.

That's why I said "likely", it's speculative on my part of course but it goes to YOUR argument that switching was the plan so I'm not sure why you're in objection.

Akhenaten
09-21-2020, 05:35 PM
If Grant popped out when Plumlee pointed, Davis would've been denied.
That would've been the best defensive play. Plumlee is not fleet footed enough to chase Davis around the three point line.

So your argument is that Grant should've been prepared to switch unto Davis the moment the ball was inbounded or he should have responded in a more timely manner to DUMBlee's completely impromptu finger point?

:biggums:

What is you saying to me bih dawg?