PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous executive on Tatum.

Kblaze8855
09-21-2020, 11:26 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2009220854270099.jpeg

Kblaze8855
09-21-2020, 11:26 PM
I was gonna say “Now fight about it” but since all ISH opinions are based on the previous week or two I figure it wouldn’t be that controversial.

Marchesk
09-21-2020, 11:31 PM
I was gonna say “Now fight about it” but since all ISH opinions are based on the previous week or two I figure it wouldn’t be that controversial.

Right now Tatum is better than Giannis and Jokic is top 10 all-time. That will change after the finals.

warriorfan
09-21-2020, 11:34 PM
NO SHIT Lmao

keep-itreal
09-21-2020, 11:35 PM
Easy to say after the complete shitshow Paul George put on this playoffs

GimmeThat
09-21-2020, 11:37 PM
I suppose I understand the Anonymous aspect of it, the person couldn't say "he's a better 2-way leader than Paul George"

probably just the same as someone who hits on the in-laws at the dinner table, then laughs it off, while everyone is wondering, just what was so funny about that

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-21-2020, 11:57 PM
Being better than Playoff P isnt an accomplishment

Tatum is still an overrated choker. Hes not even the most important player on his team and is going to get exposed even more than Toronto did him very soon

TheCorporation
09-22-2020, 12:03 AM
No way, not yet. But he could be.

PG just last year got 3rd in MVP voting on like 29-8-6

dbugz
09-22-2020, 12:05 AM
Not there yet.

He has higher ceiling than PG though.

tpols
09-22-2020, 12:11 AM
That's not really a shock considering playoff P's playoff stats. Even I thought he could pull it off this year next to kawhi but he still played poorly. Tatum and kawhi wouldve beat the nuggets.

Penetrator
09-22-2020, 12:30 AM
Only a moron would take micro p over Tatum :oldlol:

Clippers:roll:

Basketball r Us
09-22-2020, 12:40 AM
PG13 is overrated. Just like Tatum, he disappears on big games.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-22-2020, 01:07 AM
That was probably Kawhi saying that, since he's kind of like the team executive. But yes, early prime Tatum right now is better then 2020 George I would say. Maybe next season George can have a bounce back year, like he did with thunder in his 2nd year there. For now, Tatum is clearly better and will most likely stay better forever.

TheCorporation
09-22-2020, 01:09 AM
That was probably Kawhi saying that, since he's kind of like the team executive. But yes, early prime Tatum right now is better then 2020 George I would say. Maybe next season George can have a bounce back year, like he did with thunder in his 2nd year there. For now, Tatum is clearly better and will most likely stay better forever.

Why did Kawhi reduce him? Top 3 in MVP votes and now this? AS had ZERO MVP votes last season.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-22-2020, 01:15 AM
Why did Kawhi reduce him? Top 3 in MVP votes and now this? AS had ZERO MVP votes last season.

Kawhi still got George a few shots away from WCF. George has been a 1 man first round exit for the last half decade. It wasn't Kawhi's fault that George was saying the bubble makes him depressed. George's numbers in reg season with Kawhi were also pretty much identical to his 1st season with thunder. Not to mention George missed training camp and like 20+ games pre virus.

bigbrownschaub
09-22-2020, 01:24 AM
give me pau george. better shot maker and defender

Im so nba'd out
09-22-2020, 01:29 AM
Any reporter can make up some bullshit and say it was an anonymous source....i dont think yall understand just how full of shit the average person is.People lie about any and everything(no matter how big or small/irrelevant it is)....just to cause chaos and or to make themselves look better

There are closet harden fans on here who literally do nothing but troll on here pretending like they hate the man...Knowing damn well they root for him off this site or in the deepest crevices of their mind....Just full of shit

look at the poster below as an example... "hates" harden but stans his white doppelganger

Spurs m8
09-22-2020, 01:32 AM
Probably came right out of the Clipper camp tbh hahahha

bigbrownschaub
09-22-2020, 01:32 AM
Any reporter can make up some bullshit and say it was an anonymous source....i dont think yall understand just how full of shit the average person is.People lie about any and everything(no matter how big or small/irrelevant it is)....just to cause chaos and or to make themselves look better

100% bubba

Celtics 1825
09-22-2020, 06:13 AM
No lies detected here.

Derka
09-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Tatum has a higher ceiling than PG had at 22 years old but he's not at PG's level yet.

rawimpact
09-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Anonymous executive too coward to reveal himself.

Whoah10115
09-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Tatum could be better in a vacuum, maybe. Maybe.

But is he on his way to being better? That's different.

iamgine
09-22-2020, 10:45 AM
dat nose taking in a lot more air

Shogon
09-22-2020, 11:10 AM
That's not true. Not yet.

Pandemic P may choke in the playoffs but the regular season he's proven to be a much better player than Tatum has yet to prove himself to be. I think Tatum ends up being better, but it's not some huge gap where it's obvious to say one way or the other.

But as of right now, Pandemic P is a better player. You can't judge them solely off the playoffs.

CTbasketball92
09-22-2020, 11:23 AM
To be honest Tatum is playing as well in the playoffs as PG ever did sans his 7-game run against the Raptors in 2016.

Tatum is quicker than PG off the dribble (not hard to do because PG has lead feet) and appears to be a craftier scorer in general. He seems like he will be a better passer if he's not already. I understand feeling like people need to slow their roll, I felt the same way. But his play in the bubble and in the playoffs has been very consistent with All-NBA stuff. PG might have finished top 3 in MVP voting, but that might have been an outlier year, because most years he vacillates between being a top 15 and top 20 player. He's also had three consecutive pedestrian-to-very-bad playoff runs. His numbers against the nuggets look fine, but he scored 10 points or less in two out of the last four games. When you're the 2nd option for a contending team and you've got Kawhi on your squad to absorb most of the attention, that just can't happen. That's the mark of a very inconsistent player. PG was just dreadful against Dallas too. The guy just isn't as good as people think, and he never really has been sans last year.

Not dynamic enough a scorer and not explosive/creative enough to create easy shots at will. I'd take Jayson Tatum for a playoff series RIGHT NOW nevermind the future, which isn't even a question.

Lil-Shrimp
09-22-2020, 11:27 AM
But as of right now, Pandemic P is a better player. You can't judge them solely off the playoffs.

Yes you can. If a player is worthless in the playoffs then what's the point of keeping him

Shogon
09-22-2020, 11:34 AM
Yes you can. If a player is worthless in the playoffs then what's the point of keeping him

I concede that I would not want Paul George as one of the first two options on my team I'm rooting for, but... by your logic, the only measurement for players is championships.

And at this point I'm going to assume you're around 17 years old, have been spoon fed what to think by the media and other ignorant fans, and haven't figured any of this out yet.

Tatum is definitely not better than PG. Absurd. He probably one day will be, but he's not there yet.

As a reminder, wasn't PG like a top 5 MVP candidate last year(not that this really means anything either but...)? The ****?

Paul George absolutely has achieved being a top 10 NBA player in his career.

Tatum has not as of yet and hasn't really come close to that, to be honest. It's likely he will, but he hasn't yet. PG > Tatum.

Real Men Wear Green
09-22-2020, 12:03 PM
Don't see how this is a ridiculous premise. Tatum averages more points and rebounds and shoots better from the field. George had the edge in assists. PG is known to be a great defender but Tatum is a great defender as well.

Lil-Shrimp
09-22-2020, 12:08 PM
I concede that I would not want Paul George as one of the first two options on my team I'm rooting for, but... by your logic, the only measurement for players is championships.

I never said the only measurement is the amount of championships a player has won. I said how players perform in the playoffs is most important

Wally450
09-22-2020, 12:27 PM
Kawhi still got George a few shots away from WCF. George has been a 1 man first round exit for the last half decade. It wasn't Kawhi's fault that George was saying the bubble makes him depressed. George's numbers in reg season with Kawhi were also pretty much identical to his 1st season with thunder. Not to mention George missed training camp and like 20+ games pre virus.

A couple of missed shots lol. Kawhi choked.