PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Radio personality was told KAT is “As good as gone”.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2020, 01:57 PM
“So I reached out to this particular agent … unsolicited, the agent texted me back … he goes … ‘I’m in Southern California the other day, I run into somebody that knows Karl Anthony-Towns incredibly well — let’s just say a really good player that knows KAT really, really well … The agent said, ‘this player told him, that KAT is ‘as good as gone.'”

Remember he, Booker, and DLo wanted to form a super team together at some point....

Shogon
09-25-2020, 02:02 PM
KAT can go wherever he wants and he isn't going to win shit unless, at a bare minimum, he is a distant second in terms of being the best player on his team. Honestly he'd probably be better suited for being the third best player on a championship team.

Dude's a bitch. I mean does he even exist anymore? LOL.

Minneosta would be better off just dealing him for future picks.

highwhey
09-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Remember he, Booker, and DLo wanted to form a super team together at some point....

booker is in LA right now banging Kendall jenner, i wonder if he is the source

imdaman99
09-25-2020, 02:12 PM
As soon as he leaves, Minny will start winning (more) games. He does more harm than good on the TWolves with his terrible defense. Unless you're a Jokic (someone that makes every single player on your team a better player), you can't be successful playing bad defense. I had high expectations of him, thought him and KP would be warring for many years on who the best and most impactful player of that draft would be. But he's not even in the top 10 under 25 any more. He puts up great stats though. Just has no effect on the game.

Lil-Shrimp
09-25-2020, 02:35 PM
He's Jimmy Butler's bitch

r0drig0lac
09-25-2020, 02:41 PM
well, the sooner he understands that like Davis, it’s not a first option for a contender (under normal conditions), better it will be for his career, maybe joining Harden in Houston or Tatum/Kemba in Boston could be a good option.

Lebron23
09-25-2020, 03:23 PM
Mr Empty Stats guy.very bad defender

Carbine
09-25-2020, 03:38 PM
well, the sooner he understands that like Davis, it’s not a first option for a contender (under normal conditions), better it will be for his career, maybe joining Harden in Houston or Tatum/Kemba in Boston could be a good option.

Anthony Davis?

The guy leading his team in playoff scoring by 3PPG and hitting clutch game winners on his way to a probable championship title?

That one?

BigtimeNBAFan
09-25-2020, 04:07 PM
Anthony Davis?

The guy leading his team in playoff scoring by 3PPG and hitting clutch game winners on his way to a probable championship title?

That one?

Yeah that is a weird comparison. AD was 3x all nba first team in New Orleans and won a playoff series. I wouldn't compare the 2 at this point.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-25-2020, 04:09 PM
As soon as he leaves, Minny will start winning (more) games. He does more harm than good on the TWolves with his terrible defense. Unless you're a Jokic (someone that makes every single player on your team a better player), you can't be successful playing bad defense. I had high expectations of him, thought him and KP would be warring for many years on who the best and most impactful player of that draft would be. But he's not even in the top 10 under 25 any more. He puts up great stats though. Just has no effect on the game.

Doubtful. Minnesota is a trainwreck of a franchise. They had 11 straight losing seasons before he arrived. They have real structural issues much bigger than one player. There is a reason Jimmy Butler wanted out despite leading them to their only playoff birth in 15 years.

TheGoatest
09-25-2020, 05:25 PM
The Warriors went after the wrong T-Wolf. KAT, who is a legit 40%+ 3pt shooting center, would've been deadly with them.

RRR3
09-25-2020, 05:37 PM
The Warriors went after the wrong T-Wolf. KAT, who is a legit 40%+ 3pt shooting center, would've been deadly with them.
Yeah and how would they have got KAT?

TheGoatest
09-25-2020, 05:55 PM
Yeah and how would they have got KAT?

Russell, Iggy + second pick

ThatCoolKid
09-25-2020, 06:02 PM
Wolves are a shit team. The entire league is a bunch of prisoner of the moment idiots. Porzingis was an irrelevant injured chucker with the Knicks and now he's hot stuff because "RIM PROTECTION" and "LUKA." KAT is a fantastic player who would do very well on a good defensive team with a perimeter creator.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-25-2020, 06:06 PM
Russell, Iggy + second pick

Iggy has been gone since last season. He was never on the same team with Dlo.

tpols
09-25-2020, 06:08 PM
Booker, D-Lo, and KAT are not an imposing tandem imo.

Three top 15-20 players teaming up? All soft as shit too with no defense. Yea, I'm not scared of that.

If the Dubs get Giannis they would run that combo into the ground. Ad + Lebron Lakers, Clippers, Heat, and Nuggets would all shit on them as well, with a few other teams like the Jazz, Celtics, Rockets being a coin toss to win.

NugzFan
09-25-2020, 06:38 PM
wait, how does minnesota get booker again?

phoenix trades him for culver, okogie and some firsts?

AlternativeAcc.
09-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Guys like LeBron and Durant earned the right to go wherever they wanted however they wanted.

Seeing guys like KAT try to emulate that is embarrassing. Hes barely a star.

Stephonit
09-25-2020, 06:56 PM
But I thought he wanted to play with DLo? He's not even going to give it a chance? Sounds weird. Does it have something to do with Covid and what happened to his mom?

warriorfan
09-25-2020, 06:57 PM
Minnesota is a shithole the league should kick the franchise out of the association.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-25-2020, 07:05 PM
Minnesota is a shithole the league should kick the franchise out of the association.

If they were ever going to contract teams, Minnesota should be the first one. If a team has existed for 31 years and only gotten out of the first round once, they are as incompetent as it gets.

MaxPlayer
09-25-2020, 07:08 PM
If you're 7 feet tall, you should probably be near the basket dunking and rebounding and not jacking up 3's.

Whoah10115
09-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Wolves are a shit team. The entire league is a bunch of prisoner of the moment idiots. Porzingis was an irrelevant injured chucker with the Knicks and now he's hot stuff because "RIM PROTECTION" and "LUKA." KAT is a fantastic player who would do very well on a good defensive team with a perimeter creator.

Irrelevant chucker?

Injured, yeah.

CelticBaller
09-25-2020, 11:21 PM
I would love him in the Cs

Gudo
09-25-2020, 11:22 PM
I would love him in the Cs

Nah, seems like he lacks hustle

highwhey
09-25-2020, 11:31 PM
he needs to come to Phoenix and be a 3rd option, less responsibility will help him flourish. Ayton can cover his defensive woes.

NBAGOAT
09-25-2020, 11:33 PM
he needs to come to Phoenix and be a 3rd option, less responsibility will help him flourish. Ayton can cover his defensive woes.

If you guys trade for kat, Ayton is guaranteed gone

CelticBaller
09-25-2020, 11:37 PM
Nah, seems like he lacks hustle

He lacks a system, if we can make Theis serviceable KAT will flourish with JT and JB

highwhey
09-25-2020, 11:52 PM
If you guys trade for kat, Ayton is guaranteed gone

rather have Ayton bc of his defensive potential. KAT is another level offensively, but his defense is straight trash.

aj1987
09-26-2020, 01:56 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Every single team is gonna drop like 130 a night on that trio.

pandiani17
09-26-2020, 04:43 AM
I think KAT is pressuring the Tiwmberwolves into making moves. Otherwise, it's not as easy as it seems to move superstars when they ask for trades, as seen throughout history (Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston, Dwight Howard or Kawhi Leonard had to wait a year to move, etc.).

ralph_i_el
09-26-2020, 12:07 PM

That team has no balls.

Jay-B
09-26-2020, 12:15 PM
KAT for pg13? KAT for Westshook? Minnesota needs to be moved to Seattle or Las Vegas, it’s still an expansion team with literally no history. Move them ASAP

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 01:55 PM
While it is 100% he wont be here after this current contract ends, this rumor is a very bland and predictable one without any real substance.

KAT isn't going to demand a trade anytime soon and actually has indicated that he is extremely happy with the job Rosas has done (so far...could lead to nothing). He'll still be a Wolf for at minimum 3.5 years (trade deadline before the last year of his contract) or in his last year in 4 years.

He has been practicing with a mask on.
Jamahl L. Hayden
@Timb3r_Wolf
·
Sep 24
What's the validity of these recent KAT rumors? Smoke where there's fire?

If so, how? D'Lo has played ONE game with him. Wouldn't he want to at least play a season?

It wouldn't line up with his D'Lo has spoken this summer.
Jon Krawczynski
@JonKrawczynski
Replying to
@Timb3r_Wolf
Is he “as good as gone”? Absolutely not. I will say after
@DWolfsonKSTP
said he was told that, he did say he did not see anything happening anytime soon. The wolves have bent over backward for KAT and he is appreciative of that.

So I'll reiterate, he will not be here beyond his current contract. Any player with talent wont for this team. He's happy with the the job Rosas has done so far and will enjoy playing with DLO for at least a few years.

20-21
21-22
22-23

He will be a Wolf for all those seasons minimum

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 02:01 PM

Exactly.

Once KAT leaves MN then people will finally see how good he really is. I look forward to the fans of the team he ends up on to continually trash him...he isn't going to happen!

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 02:06 PM
If you're 7 feet tall, you should probably be near the basket dunking and rebounding and not jacking up 3's.

When you shoot as good as KAT does, you can shoot as many 3's as you want.

Once of a overall PLAYERS that are a true triple scorers.

Criticizing KAT's offensive game is about the dumbest take someone can have.

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 02:14 PM
wait, how does minnesota get booker again?

phoenix trades him for culver, okogie and some firsts?

We don't. Pipedream but then again I never though it would be possible for Rosas to workout a trade that got Wiggins out of here without being bent over backwards. That was a miracle. Rightfully shit on this team since KAT has been here but this 100% new FO in the last year has been leaps and bounds better and drastically improved the team.

Slim chance, but what if the synergy/friendship of DLo and KAT bring out the best in each other? Comradery is an undervalued trait in building a good team and with those two it should happen overnight. The rest of the team is another matter though.

I might consider doing a "deep dive" into what Rosas was managed to do but I feel like it would be a waste of time on this forum.

Kblaze8855
09-26-2020, 02:16 PM
While it is 100% he wont be here after this current contract ends, this rumor is a very bland and predictable one without any real substance.

KAT isn't going to demand a trade anytime soon and actually has indicated that he is extremely happy with the job Rosas has done (so far...could lead to nothing). He'll still be a Wolf for at minimum 3.5 years (trade deadline before the last year of his contract) or in his last year in 4 years.

So I'll reiterate, he will not be here beyond his current contract. Any player with talent wont for this team. He's happy with the the job Rosas has done so far and will enjoy playing with DLO for at least a few years.

20-21
21-22
22-23

Im not saying what you say isn’t reasonable....but I am saying I’ve heard too many fans explain why their franchise players wouldn’t or couldn’t leave before they left somehow to put much into it. He might be gone by Christmas. He may ask out before I finish typing this. This is an era where guys sign massive long term deals and leave in year one. The days of reason are over.

If he sees a sweet landing spot he will probably find a way to get there about 2 weeks later.

Paul George still has heads spinning in OKC while Rocket fans who swore the Paul/Harden thing was overblown fake news are still talking down to everyone explaining that his contract is unmovable anyway.

So I’m not talking about you specifically when I say....nobody knows anything. These guys do what they want on their own terms.

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 02:17 PM
I think KAT is pressuring the Tiwmberwolves into making moves. Otherwise, it's not as easy as it seems to move superstars when they ask for trades, as seen throughout history (Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston, Dwight Howard or Kawhi Leonard had to wait a year to move, etc.).

You have the right idea but are WAY behind the 8 ball. Rosas has been doing that since day 1 and THE reason why only KAT and Josh Okogie are the only players on the team that he inherited.

CelticBaller
09-26-2020, 07:37 PM

20-21
21-22
22-23

I think that's how long Kemba's contract runs

Perfect

DMAVS41
09-26-2020, 08:04 PM
Im not saying what you say isn’t reasonable....but I am saying I’ve heard too many fans explain why their franchise players wouldn’t or couldn’t leave before they left somehow to put much into it. He might be gone by Christmas. He may ask out before I finish typing this. This is an era where guys sign massive long term deals and leave in year one. The days of reason are over.

If he sees a sweet landing spot he will probably find a way to get there about 2 weeks later.

Paul George still has heads spinning in OKC while Rocket fans who swore the Paul/Harden thing was overblown fake news are still talking down to everyone explaining that his contract is unmovable anyway.

So I’m not talking about you specifically when I say....nobody knows anything. These guys do what they want on their own terms.

This.

He could easily force his way out way before the 23 season....or a team could just make an offer for him that the Wolves would rather have.

Meticode
09-26-2020, 08:16 PM

20-21
21-22
22-23

He'll get traded before his contract ends.

Hakkim90cc
09-26-2020, 08:27 PM
From what Ive seen and heard; Rosas is a terrible coach I can't see how KAT is happy with him.

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 08:52 PM
From what Ive seen and heard; Rosas is a terrible coach I can't see how KAT is happy with him.

There's your problem, Rosas isn't a coach.

You just made that entire post up

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 09:07 PM

The Paul George situation is kind of an outlier. If a player tries to demand a trade with 4 years left on his deal then there is no hurry whatsoever to move the guy. You can sit on your ass and wait for a better offer. The Clippers were essentially forced by Kawhi (in the sense of making a move to win now) to send the deal of the century to the Thunder.

All I'm saying is that right now KAT is happy with the direction of the team, happy with the job that Rosas has done and now gets to play with one of his best friends.

He absolutely could demand a trade but the fact of the matter is that because of how many years are left on the deal will almost make it prohibitively expensive to trade for him. The Clippers traded substantially more to get Paul George then the Lakers did for AD and a huge factor in that was the amount of years left on their contracts.

DMAVS41
09-26-2020, 09:31 PM
The Paul George situation is kind of an outlier. If a player tries to demand a trade with 4 years left on his deal then there is no hurry whatsoever to move the guy. You can sit on your ass and wait for a better offer. The Clippers were essentially forced by Kawhi (in the sense of making a move to win now) to send the deal of the century to the Thunder.

All I'm saying is that right now KAT is happy with the direction of the team, happy with the job that Rosas has done and now gets to play with one of his best friends.

He absolutely could demand a trade but the fact of the matter is that because of how many years are left on the deal will almost make it prohibitively expensive to trade for him. The Clippers traded substantially more to get Paul George then the Lakers did for AD and a huge factor in that was the amount of years left on their contracts.

Yea, but a player locked in for as long as KAT would make a team give up more to get him, not less.

If he's happy and wants to play there...this isn't an issue, but if he wants out...he can likely make that happen...and the return for the Wolves with his current contract...will be higher than what they'll get for him likely with a year left. Teams in certain markets would be willing to give up a lot more for a player like KAT knowing he's at least more than a rental.

So it goes both ways.

FireDavidKahn
09-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Yea, but a player locked in for as long as KAT would make a team give up more to get him, not less.

If he's happy and wants to play there...this isn't an issue, but if he wants out...he can likely make that happen...and the return for the Wolves with his current contract...will be higher than what they'll get for him likely with a year left. Teams in certain markets would be willing to give up a lot more for a player like KAT knowing he's at least more than a rental.

So it goes both ways.

We are kinda saying the same thing. It would take an extremely large price for a team to get KAT. If some team offered what the Clippers did for KAT... I'd drive him to the airport.

I just view the odds of a team willing to give up that much as so incredibly small that it isn't really worth worrying about.

That's what makes the PG situation so unique! The Clippers literally mortgaged their entire future to get him. A deal of that magnitude is nearly unprecedented.

Hakkim90cc
09-27-2020, 01:36 AM
There's your problem, Rosas isn't a coach.

You just made that entire post up

Yeah I got em mixxed up. Thought you was talking about the coaching. Don't know his name...assumed his name was Rosas...garbage ass coach...

He was with wizards right