PDA

View Full Version : Khris Middleton will be making $40 million in 2024

Shogon
09-27-2020, 05:56 PM
:roll:

Four full seasons after the one we're still in... :roll:

Oh poor Milwaukee... don't get me wrong, he's a really nice player, but he's not a $40 million a year player nor is he a legit second option for title contention unless the team is stacked to the brim 10 deep... and the ****ed up thing is they basically had to do it, too. Because if they just let the guy go, then you KNOW the Giannis is walking guaranteed.

If the salary cap takes a huge hit due to plummeting revenue because of COVID closures(no fans in attendance) and the massive ratings drops, well... that could be an interesting contract that prohibits the Bucks from giving Giannis a legit second option.

scuzzy
09-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Lakers are about to win a championship with Luol Deng still on salary this season, next season and in 2022

Shogon
09-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Lakers are about to win a championship with Luol Deng still on salary this season, next season and in 2022

I literally posted about Luol Deng's deal in the "Lakers are screwed" thread... but that's only hitting them for like $5 million per. I'm confused what that has to do with this thread? Am I stupid? Yeah, maybe. IDK.

DMAVS41
09-27-2020, 07:06 PM
:roll:

Four full seasons after the one we're still in... :roll:

Oh poor Milwaukee... don't get me wrong, he's a really nice player, but he's not a $40 million a year player nor is he a legit second option for title contention unless the team is stacked to the brim 10 deep... and the ****ed up thing is they basically had to do it, too. Because if they just let the guy go, then you KNOW the Giannis is walking guaranteed.

If the salary cap takes a huge hit due to plummeting revenue because of COVID closures(no fans in attendance) and the massive ratings drops, well... that could be an interesting contract that prohibits the Bucks from giving Giannis a legit second option.

Yep, he's not worth 40 and he's a very good player. Not sure what the Bucks were supposed to do...just let him walk without any ability to replace him?

The Bucks really hurt themselves letting Brogdon go. Hopefully they can figure out a way to improve the roster this year.

CelticBaller
09-27-2020, 07:21 PM
The more the cap expands the less that money will actually matter

Gohan
09-27-2020, 07:40 PM
How much will Giannis be making when he joins the warriors?

starface
09-27-2020, 07:59 PM
The more the cap expands the less that money will actually matter

It’s probably gonna shrink quite a bit next year, isnt it? After China pulling sponsorships and the BLM cringefest repelling more viewers.

I know they signed TV contracts a few years ago that were supposed to escalate in value over time tho. So not sure how it all ties together.

Shogon
09-27-2020, 08:19 PM
It’s probably gonna shrink quite a bit next year, isnt it? After China pulling sponsorships and the BLM cringefest repelling more viewers.

I know they signed TV contracts a few years ago that were supposed to escalate in value over time tho. So not sure how it all ties together.

It's not just that... how much money do these teams lose with no fans in attendance? No ticket sales, no merchandise sales, no food sales.

Google says they make 1.2 million at gate revenue per regular season game and 2 million per playoff game, obviously that fluctuates based on the team but those are the averages... lol, after merch and food?

That's HUNDREDS of millions of dollars lost for the league. Maybe even billions... per year.

The salary cap is guaranteed to shrink unless I don't know a thing about how it's determined, which is entirely possible.

Shogon
09-27-2020, 08:23 PM
Every high level player signing a new deal can be expecting to take a paycut from what they would have otherwise made.

Lebron23
09-27-2020, 08:32 PM
He did averaged 26 in the 2nd round of the playoffs. If Giannis only showed up in the 2nd round.