PDA

View Full Version : Non-Troll Finals Predictions

StrongLurk
09-28-2020, 12:48 PM
No trolling please.

IMO, Lakers will win in six (barring injuries). The Heat are the best defensive team out East, but the Lakers are the best defensive team out West. The starpower of AD/Lebron should eventually overcome the star power of Jimmy/Bam. I think the Heat have a slightly better 3-8 roster, but the Lakers make up for that with experience (Rondo, Dwight, etc.). If the Lakers can just have average 3 point shooting (role players being consistent) and avoid those games where they shoot 5-30 from three, they will win 2020 Chip. Heat will need to bring their A+ defense and shooting in this series, and I trust that Spo's coaching will give them a chance to do that.

Legacy-wise, the biggest person to have a boost on the Heat is not a player, but actually SPO. Him winning a chip this year will solidify him as for sure one of the best coaches of all time. Jimmy Butler is a very good player, but he has never been a true superstar and a ring won't change that.

For the Lakers, AD/Lebron are the obvious ones, but Dwight Howard REALLY would turn around his image with a ring. He humbled himself and has played his role great, which is very hard for former superstars to do. If AD gets a ring/FMVP, he is instantly on the hype train to one of the GOAT bigmen. Duncan/Hakeem comparisons will ensure. Lebron's legacy boost hinges on getting a 4th ring...but I think a 4th FMVP is less important at this stage. His whole playoff run has been absolutely elite which is really what counts. Also, being 3 months away from 36, if he wins a ring going through the Western conference in a 90's era format (no super teams like the Warriors/11-14 Heat), then he'd REALLY disprove a lot of fake hater narratives (can't win out West, can't win in a 90's format).

Overall, I think this series will be much closer than the "paper" rosters suggest. The Bubble has REALLY changed things as far as on court performance and has shown that the most talent (Clips, Bucks) won't triumph automatically.

Gudo
09-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Lakers sweep or in 5. Would like a competitive finals though but I guess it wont be happening.

Real Men Wear Green
09-28-2020, 01:05 PM
No trolling please.
This is going to be enforced.

Dr Hawk
09-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Unless the Heat surprise me again, the Lakers will win in 6 maximum.

Lebron will be the FMVP, but it will be a close race between him and Davis.

Airupthere
09-28-2020, 01:16 PM
Lakers 4-1 or 4-2 at best for the heat. Lebron will be FMVP. I think he is too aware of the stakes that he won't let AD be MVP. I can see LBJ being more ball dominant in the finals.

k0kakw0rld
09-28-2020, 01:26 PM
Lakers in 5 or Sweep.

Heat have no chance. Bam too small, Lakers are too tall.

Iguodala isn't guarding anybody especially not Lebron. Jimmy Butler the same.

Easy W for the Lakers.

J Shuttlesworth
09-28-2020, 01:29 PM
I predict Lakers in 5, but I don't think it will be easy and also don't think the Heat have no chance.

Heat do have some players who can guard LeBron, but Lakers have a good size advantage. AD should be able to feast and LeBron can put pressure on the defense and make plays. I think Herro gets hot for a couple games and Heat win one of those.

StrongLurk
09-28-2020, 01:30 PM

:bowdown:

AirTupac
09-28-2020, 01:39 PM
I dont see Miami winning more 2 games and I think Im being generous. I remember during the bubble, I was losing hope on our championship aspirations. Thank god, we clicked once playoffs started. Its funny I keep underestimating us. I thought Blazers would give us 2, I was really worried about Rockets (now its funny) and Denver I thought would go 6 easily. I put Denver on Heats level, I think Denver could beat Heat in a 7 game series. Overall. Lakers in 5.

red1
09-28-2020, 01:42 PM
lakers in 5 or 6. I can see the heat grinding out a couple of close wins which is their ceiling here.

both teams are well oiled defensive machines at this point so I'd put all of my money on the lakers. they will get more easy buckets because of ad and lebron and wont have to rely as much on different guys stepping up.

StrongLurk
09-28-2020, 01:46 PM
I dont see Miami winning more 2 games and I think Im being generous. I remember during the bubble, I was losing hope on our championship aspirations. Thank god, we clicked once playoffs started. Its funny I keep underestimating us. I thought Blazers would give us 2, I was really worried about Rockets (now its funny) and Denver I thought would go 6 easily. I put Denver on Heats level, I think Denver could beat Heat in a 7 game series. Overall. Lakers in 5.

Lakers sucked in the before the playoffs but they really turned it up. Honestly expected either the Rockets or Nuggets to go 7 games.

rawimpact
09-28-2020, 01:49 PM

Selectively enforcing trolls... good work

Lakers in 6 pending injuries

k0kakw0rld
09-28-2020, 02:07 PM
I predict Lakers in 5, but I don't think it will be easy and also don't think the Heat have no chance.

Heat do have some players who can guard LeBron, but Lakers have a good size advantage. AD should be able to feast and LeBron can put pressure on the defense and make plays. I think Herro gets hot for a couple games and Heat win one of those.

:lol Old man Iguodala? Jimmy Butler? :roll: Crowder? :oldlol:

AirTupac
09-28-2020, 02:11 PM

These heat fans are hilarious. I keep seeing them mention those 3. Didnt LeBron regularly embarass Butler his entire career? Igoudala is way too old for that and LOL @ Crowder.

Wally450
09-28-2020, 02:20 PM
Lakers in 6. They have the two best players in the series.

DoctorP
09-28-2020, 02:24 PM
This Laker team is too good. Their size alone will disrupt Miamis offense and their skill is too good to keep up with.

Lakers may sweep.

RRR3
09-28-2020, 02:26 PM
First you said Lakers in 4, then you said Lakers in 5, now it’s Lakers in 6. Wtf

J Shuttlesworth
09-28-2020, 04:21 PM

Whoa whoa... I didn't mean guard him well. Don't get me wrong, LeBron owns Butler. But their defense on the Heat will be harder than the Celtics would have been able to provide

fsvr54
09-28-2020, 04:48 PM
Lakers in 6

OR

Heat in 7

Doranku
09-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Miami matches up better than any of the previous Laker opponents so far. Multiple defenders in Butler/Iggy/Crowder to throw at Bran and Bam to cover AD... the series is likely gonna heavily depend on how that matchup plays out. AD owned Bam in the regular season but everywhere else, the Heat match up well. Herro off the bench is what everyone wishes Kuzma would be. Heat have more reliable 3 point shooters and better coaching.

At the end of the day though, Bran and AD are both head and shoulders above any player on the Heat. That matters more than any of the other stuff unfortunately for the Heat, but it should be a longer series than 5... I like Lakers in 6 but wouldn't be surprised if it went 7.

Lot of people underestimating the Heat imo.. they made the team with the best record in the NBA look like a joke and are 12-3 in the playoffs just like the Lakers. Should be a damn good series.

fourkicks44
09-28-2020, 05:18 PM
I think the Bubble favours the Heat, a real home court advantage would be huge for LA.

If you take LeBron off this team the Heat win in 4 or 5. The are by far the better team. They match up well and have the weapons to beat LA.

But with LeBron on the team.... I just can't see the Lakers losing.

LA in 6.

Axe
09-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Because they are the obvious favorites this year, ofc the lakers in 6/7.

Wally450
09-28-2020, 05:26 PM
First you said Lakers in 4, then you said Lakers in 5, now it’s Lakers in 6. Wtf

He said non troll answers. I believe it'll go 6. The other answers are me hating the Heat for beating us.

Why you keeping tabs on what I say?. :lol

Trollsmasher
09-28-2020, 05:31 PM
Miami matches up better than any of the previous Laker opponents so far. Multiple defenders in Butler/Iggy/Crowder to throw at Bran and Bam to cover AD... the series is likely gonna heavily depend on how that matchup plays out. AD owned Bam in the regular season but everywhere else, the Heat match up well. Herro off the bench is what everyone wishes Kuzma would be. Heat have more reliable 3 point shooters and better coaching.

At the end of the day though, Bran and AD are both head and shoulders above any player on the Heat. That matters more than any of the other stuff unfortunately for the Heat, but it should be a longer series than 5... I like Lakers in 6 but wouldn't be surprised if it went 7.

Lot of people underestimating the Heat imo.. they made the team with the best record in the NBA look like a joke and are 12-3 in the playoffs just like the Lakers. Should be a damn good series.

Crowder and Iggy are non-factors. And I think LeBron on Jimmy will hurt the Heat more than Jimmy on LeBron will hurt the Lakers - Jimmy just can't score on him and he is their only somewhat reliable iso option.

Ultimately the Lakers have been better offensively, defensively, rebounding-wise and have the two best players. The Heat's 3pt shooting has been only marginally better. The Heat will also be the worst offense they have faced this postseason, with no star capable of bending the Lakers defense out of shape which is the only thing that has given the Lakers problems.

StrongLurk
10-11-2020, 12:14 PM
No trolling please.

IMO, Lakers will win in six (barring injuries). The Heat are the best defensive team out East, but the Lakers are the best defensive team out West. The starpower of AD/Lebron should eventually overcome the star power of Jimmy/Bam. I think the Heat have a slightly better 3-8 roster, but the Lakers make up for that with experience (Rondo, Dwight, etc.). If the Lakers can just have average 3 point shooting (role players being consistent) and avoid those games where they shoot 5-30 from three, they will win 2020 Chip. Heat will need to bring their A+ defense and shooting in this series, and I trust that Spo's coaching will give them a chance to do that.

Legacy-wise, the biggest person to have a boost on the Heat is not a player, but actually SPO. Him winning a chip this year will solidify him as for sure one of the best coaches of all time. Jimmy Butler is a very good player, but he has never been a true superstar and a ring won't change that.

For the Lakers, AD/Lebron are the obvious ones, but Dwight Howard REALLY would turn around his image with a ring. He humbled himself and has played his role great, which is very hard for former superstars to do. If AD gets a ring/FMVP, he is instantly on the hype train to one of the GOAT bigmen. Duncan/Hakeem comparisons will ensure. Lebron's legacy boost hinges on getting a 4th ring...but I think a 4th FMVP is less important at this stage. His whole playoff run has been absolutely elite which is really what counts. Also, being 3 months away from 36, if he wins a ring going through the Western conference in a 90's era format (no super teams like the Warriors/11-14 Heat), then he'd REALLY disprove a lot of fake hater narratives (can't win out West, can't win in a 90's format).

Overall, I think this series will be much closer than the "paper" rosters suggest. The Bubble has REALLY changed things as far as on court performance and has shown that the most talent (Clips, Bucks) won't triumph automatically.

I think my prediction has been pretty spot on, except JB having a GOAT-level series was not what I expected lol.

HoopsNY
10-11-2020, 12:32 PM
Miami has exceeded expectations all through the playoffs and finals, but I think they've worn out their welcome. Lakers likely win tonight by 15-20. The experience of LA will prove as a defining factor in tonight's game.

StrongLurk
10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Miami has exceeded expectations all through the playoffs and finals, but I think they've worn out their welcome. Lakers likely win tonight by 15-20. The experience of LA will prove as a defining factor in tonight's game.

I'm actually surprised people still think the Lakers are capable of blowing out the Heat...especially considering the Heat have gotten BETTER as the finals has unfolded. Heat look like the better team since game 2.

I know I predicted Lakers in 6 but the Lakers gave everything they had in game 5 and came up short...if anything I think the Lakers are going to come out flat because they went for the kill last game and couldn't get it done.

PCCM_29
10-11-2020, 03:34 PM
I'm actually surprised people still think the Lakers are capable of blowing out the Heat...especially considering the Heat have gotten BETTER as the finals has unfolded. Heat look like the better team since game 2.

I know I predicted Lakers in 6 but the Lakers gave everything they had in game 5 and came up short...if anything I think the Lakers are going to come out flat because they went for the kill last game and couldn't get it done.

This is what makes sports so gripping. Your take is completely possible, but I feel AD will come out more aggressive - he tends to follow losses with bigger games; Butler may come out gassed after the way he looked end of Game 5, but you never know what a days rest can do. Lebron will be Lebron, a steady 30/10/8 on 50%.

I think the big questions will be: Duncan Robinson, Rajon Rondo, KCP/Greene, Bam

And I agree, Lakers ain't blowing the Heat out, they have proved them getting this far wasn't a fluke.

And1AllDay
10-11-2020, 05:39 PM

you just might be onto something buddy :cheers:

wally calls it like he knows it

lakerz in 6

:dancin

Wally450
10-11-2020, 06:43 PM
you just might be onto something buddy :cheers:

wally calls it like he knows it

lakerz in 6

:dancin

:cheers:

StrongLurk
10-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Called it right, Lakers in 6.

Dwight Howard has a ring now.

HoopsNY
10-12-2020, 02:01 PM

I guess I was right? :confusedshrug:

StrongLurk
10-12-2020, 02:35 PM
I guess I was right? :confusedshrug:

You absolutely were.