PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Player of All-Time - [By Position] - voting to begin after the 2020 NBA Finals

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 09:52 PM
I think that will be a good time to start a new All-Time player rankings after the conclusion of the 2020 season. As next season will be season number 75.

This will (or should) only take 25 days. Each new thread topic, we will be voting for 5 players from 1 to 25 ... 5 topics per position. Vote your 1 thru 5. Then will tally that up and next will be your 6 thru 10 and so forth until we get to number 25.

ONLY LEGIT VOTES WILL COUNT. Need to have some reasoning behind your vote. Will not just take a vote by name only. I need a little summary on why you think such and such player should get a slot. I think it will get much more interesting at the top 5 of each position is determined. That's where the fun will begin.

For example, Most would agree Tim Hardaway is a top 25 Point Guard of All-Time. However, most will not have him anywhere near the top 5 PG's of All-Time
Can we take a serious vote for Tim at say#5, even with some great reasoning and numbers to back it up? I'm not too sure.
Do you think he's a borderline top 10 PG? I can see that.

But say the same situation occurred for Clyde Drexler to be voted as the #5 Shooting Guard of All-Time. I think I and most could see some legit reasoning for him at #5.

Give me your thoughts on this and We'll get started in about 10 days or so or whenever the off-season officially begins.

And1AllDay
09-28-2020, 09:54 PM
your a moron ,everyone gets a vote and thats their opinion you cant regulate them and play god

idiot :oldlol: accept them all

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 09:58 PM
your a moron ,everyone gets a vote and thats their opinion you cant regulate them and play god

So if people vote for Mateen Cleaves, I should count it?
I'm obviously hoping I don't get (morons) and get some people who actually want to make this thing work.

jlip
09-28-2020, 10:03 PM
For this board I think that top 10 by position is more doable.

And1AllDay
09-28-2020, 10:05 PM
So if people vote for Mateen Cleaves, I should count it?
I'm obviously hoping I don't get (morons) and get some people who actually want to make this thing work.

bruh its one vote, that wont change anything

And you cant play god either thats worse

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 10:06 PM
For this board I think that top 10 by position is more doable.

That is always done tho. We never really get outside the top ten. Just a few days ago, I seen a top ten list. We need to go beyond the top ten. That's actually when it gets interesting.

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 10:08 PM
bruh its one vote, that wont change anything

And you cant play god either thats worse

It's not playing God. Someone voting Mateen Cleaves is obviously a troll attempt. So why even count it.

SouBeachTalents
09-28-2020, 10:14 PM
Not a chance in the world this gets done, not on this board. This is a RealGM thread

Turbo Slayer
09-28-2020, 10:15 PM
Is this based on who is the better player or who has the most accolades or both?

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 10:16 PM
Is this based on who is the better player or who has the most accolades or both?

Both.

Turbo Slayer
09-28-2020, 10:17 PM
Not a chance in the world this gets done, not on this board. This is a RealGM thread This. This is ISH for freak sakes.

I know some Realgm posters that are great at posting like 70sfan, etc.. Thereīs no way this shit gets done.

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 10:18 PM
Not a chance in the world this gets done, not on this board. This is a RealGM thread

Let's show them we mean business.

Turbo Slayer
09-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Both. Cool. Iīm fine with that. Unfortunately my experience with NBA is only limited to the 2010īs. I canīt really provide excellent insight on older eras (limited eye test and can only go with stats before 2010s) but I can certainly try.

L.Kizzle
09-28-2020, 10:23 PM
Cool. Iīm fine with that. Unfortunately my experience with NBA is only limited to the 2010īs. I canīt really provide excellent insight on older eras (limited eye test and can only go with stats before 2010s) but I can certainly try.

That is why something like this would actually be a good thing. Jordan, Magic and Bird are the only names that pop up here from players outside the 2000s. Plenty of guys here have knowledge on the past.

Turbo Slayer
09-28-2020, 10:33 PM
That is why something like this would actually be a good thing. Jordan, Magic and Bird are the only names that pop up here from players outside the 2000s. Plenty of guys here have knowledge on the past. I definitely know Pippen at least. :oldlol:

Pippen was a pretty good SF. He could pass the ball well, and finish at the rim decently. He wasnīt a excellent scorer by any means though. He was a lockdown defender though.

aceman
09-28-2020, 10:52 PM
I definitely know Pippen at least. :oldlol:

Pippen was a pretty good SF. He could pass the ball well, and finish at the rim decently. He wasnīt a excellent scorer by any means though. He was a lockdown defender though.

He was a good all round scorer but ppl now don't rate anybody who doesn't lead league in scoring

Turbo Slayer
09-28-2020, 10:59 PM
He was a good all round scorer but ppl now don't rate anybody who doesn't lead league in scoring Yep. Itīs more than scoring points. Itīs how you create for others and for yourself and how you impact the team stat wise.

dreamshake
09-29-2020, 12:07 AM

FYI to OP this guy (simon) has a bunch of alts so don't count his votes.

Aka

And1AllDay
scuzzy
Lambruh
FireDavidKahn
TheCorporation
TheGoatest
Dray n Klay
SpaceJam2

They're all the same person.

NBAGOAT
09-29-2020, 12:18 AM
top 25 is way too much imo.

Phoenix
09-29-2020, 02:06 AM
I think top 11-20 is a more interesting conversation at this point. The top 10 is gonna have the same people for the majority regardless of their ranking within that space.

AlternativeAcc.
09-29-2020, 02:48 AM
Will the Jordan troll votes count?

Or will you be biased towards Jordan votes without reasoning... I have a feeling you will

AlternativeAcc.
09-29-2020, 02:48 AM
I think top 11-20 is a more interesting conversation at this point. The top 10 is gonna have the same people for the majority regardless of their ranking within that space.

I also agree with this.

I wanna see how Kobe, Pippen, and Malone shake out on here.

L.Kizzle
09-30-2020, 07:29 PM
top 25 is way too much imo.

25 is not a lot. 100 would be a lot.

L.Kizzle
09-30-2020, 07:31 PM

Things always get interesting after you get away from the normal names that are always mentioned.

L.Kizzle
09-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Will the Jordan troll votes count?

Or will you be biased towards Jordan votes without reasoning... I have a feeling you will

What is a Jordan troll vote?
Voting will be done by groups of 5.
So, you'll vote your top 5 Shooting Guards of All-Time.
After everyone votes their 5, I'll tally them up.
After a top 5 is selected via votes, it'll be 6-10.
Is James Harden in the top 5 SG list yet? Where dies McGrady, Reggie Miller rank in all of this?

It'll be fun if people play along the right way.

Phoenix
09-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Things always get interesting after you get away from the normal names that are always mentioned.

Yes, more or less my point. And I think there's a lot more variance in peoples list in that window. Like 11-15 could be Oscar, West, Moses, Dr.J and Mailman or something like that. But that next 5 is really tricky because there's probably like 10 guys who have a good claim to be in that 16-20 space.

L.Kizzle
09-30-2020, 07:59 PM
Yes, more or less my point. And I think there's a lot more variance in peoples list in that window. Like 11-15 could be Oscar, West, Moses, Dr.J and Mailman or something like that. But that next 5 is really tricky because there's probably like 10 guys who have a good claim to be in that 16-20 space.

Even more interesting, I'll be doing a Top 25 by position, not a top 25 All-Time overall. That will be even more fun. So instead of West, Oscar, Doc and the Malone's at 11-15. It's the 11-15 range for greatest Power Forwards. Where does a guy like Pau Gasol or Chris Webber rank?

Of course, I'll kill if it doesn't get any action. Just something to do in the offseason.

L.Kizzle
10-03-2020, 01:56 PM
Are y'all ready for some fun and basketball history dialogue after the NBA Finals ends?
We will list the 25 greatest player ever at each position.

Point Guard - Shooting Guard - Small Forward - Power Forward - Center

There are players in the NBA Finals right now who will be included.

Where does another ring and Finals MVP put LeBron on the All-Time Small Forwards list (if he's not already at the top of said list?)

What if Anthony Davis wins Finals MVP, where does he rank on the Power Forwards list?

What does a championship do for Dwight Howard's career? Top 10 Center of All-Time?

What does another ring in another decade do for Rajon Rondo?

On the other hand ...

Is Jimmy Butler even a top 25 Small Forward of All-Time? OF course if he wins, he will be.

Will another championship run put Finals MVP Andre Iguodala on the All-Time Small Forwards list as well, or does he get left off?

Gotterdammerung
10-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Sign me up. It's about time to revisit our old top whatever list and see what revisions are necessary. But it'll be difficult to judge both current and retired players by the same metric, regardless of the results.

sdot_thadon
10-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a good idea, I'd suggest just be sure to give each thread time for info and debate before moving to the next one.