PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on Adebayo

LAL
09-29-2020, 06:38 AM
You have a guy like that on your team, you win. He can do it all, with or without the ball. Fmvp?

rawimpact
09-29-2020, 08:26 AM
You have a guy like that on your team, you win. He can do it all, with or without the ball. Fmvp?

Cant recall the last time the losing team's player won FMVP

LAL
09-29-2020, 08:51 AM
Bronsexuals are very worried, and deservedly so. This Miami team is amazingly impressive. Besides the great overal team and coaching, Bam is already one of the best players in this league and i'm not talking about stats. Only getting better but his motor,iq and athleticism is world class. Lakers winning would be a miracle i think.

rawimpact
09-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Bronsexuals are very worried, and deservedly so. This Miami team is amazingly impressive. Besides the great overal team and coaching, Bam is already one of the best players in this league and i'm not talking about stats. Only getting better but his motor,iq and athleticism is world class. Lakers winning would be a miracle i think.

You made your account 8 years ago. I assume you were atleast 15 when you did making you nearly mid 20s to 30 years old. At this point in your life you've made it a priority to troll 8am in the morning?

Sounds like you've got bigger issues than the lakers right now with Bam beasting and winning fmvp.

Gudo
09-29-2020, 09:18 AM
Bam is just one big to worry about. Lakers still have AD and dwight. Not sure what upperhand and assurance the lakers will still need to feel secure. Lakers have already proven how dominant their lineup is by walking through the rockets and nuggets.

Shogon
09-29-2020, 10:08 AM
You made your account 8 years ago. I assume you were atleast 15 when you did making you nearly mid 20s to 30 years old. At this point in your life you've made it a priority to troll 8am in the morning?

Sounds like you've got bigger issues than the lakers right now with Bam beasting and winning fmvp.

Yep, exactly this. lol. Pathetic.

LAL
09-29-2020, 10:44 AM

You wrote all this for nothing. I'm in Europe. Do the math. And what trolling? Focus on the subject.

Shogon
09-29-2020, 10:45 AM
So Bam is the best player in the series, right?

LAL
09-29-2020, 10:48 AM
Bam is just one big to worry about. Lakers still have AD and dwight. Not sure what upperhand and assurance the lakers will still need to feel secure. Lakers have already proven how dominant their lineup is by walking through the rockets and nuggets.

Miami was pretty good too these playoffs. I just don't think lakers roleplayers are ready for this level of defensive plays and schemes. Could be wrong. Lakers pretty expercienced but i'm not sure it will be enough this time.

LAL
09-29-2020, 10:51 AM
So Bam is the best player in the series, right?

Is? Not really, you have AD, Butler and your boi but he's really good and could easily make the biggest step in his career and shock people these finals. I think.

Shogon
09-29-2020, 10:55 AM
Is? Not really, you have AD, Butler and your boi but he's really good and could easily make the biggest step in his career and shock people these finals. I think.

Ok so you're talking out of both sides of your mouth though. In the OP you said "you have a guy like that on your team, you win."

That suggests that he's the best player in the series. But he isn't.

Look, the Heat can win, and if they do, it'll be because they have the deeper team. The Lakers are top heavy with a bunch of guys that have bought into playing defense. They're the favorites, pretty clearly, but neither result would surprise.

LAL
09-29-2020, 11:01 AM
Ok so you're talking out of both sides of your mouth though. In the OP you said "you have a guy like that on your team, you win."

That suggests that he's the best player in the series. But he isn't.

Look, the Heat can win, and if they do, it'll be because they have the deeper team. The Lakers are top heavy with a bunch of guys that have bought into playing defense. They're the favorites, pretty clearly, but neither result would surprise.

Weird logic. He's really good.. his movements on both sides and iq is really special, plus they have a great team? Fmvp?

You have a guy like that on your team, you'll win alot.. okay?

PP34Deuce
09-29-2020, 12:36 PM
Jokic gave laker bigs problems because he's a legit 7 footer with girth and elite post skills.

Adebayo is more athletic but won't over power Dwight. Even Javale can get burn this series. Lakers most likely go big and punish the boards.

tpols
09-29-2020, 12:47 PM
I'm not seeing how if Dwight and AD were basically fouling jokic out of games how they won't do the same thing to Bam. Whose his backup? Kelly Olynyk? Smart player, but he would get bullied down low. This Heat team is at a huge size disadvantage all over the court.

Shogon
09-29-2020, 12:49 PM
I'm not seeing how if Dwight and AD were basically fouling jokic out of games how they won't do the same thing to Bam. Whose his backup? Kelly Olynyk? Smart player, but he would get bullied down low. This Heat team is at a huge size disadvantage all over the court.

All it takes is dirty ass Kelly Olynyk coming into the game and stepping under Anthony Davis on a jumper or dislocating his arm for the series to go the Heat's way.

tpols
09-29-2020, 12:52 PM
All it takes is dirty ass Kelly Olynyk coming into the game and stepping under Anthony Davis on a jumper or dislocating his arm for the series to go the Heat's way.

True that. :oldlol:

I forgot about what he did to Love. If they want to play bowling ball game, he may have to break out the MMA moves.

Shogon
09-29-2020, 12:53 PM
True that. :oldlol:

I forgot about what he did to Love. If they want to play bowling ball game, he may have to break out the MMA moves.

There's no need for that shit, the league should have suspended him for half a season at a minimum. The league sucks ass.

LAL
09-29-2020, 01:02 PM
He's definitly going to have to earn this against the lakers bigs. I think the difference between bam and jokic is bam being more active on the offensive side (screens, athleticism, movements, energy etc), makes great reads offensively like jokic and his crazy team defense, i wouldn't be surprised to see him on lebron a couple of times. Another difference would be the team he's playing for obviously. As for backups, i take olynik, meyers and crowder over the likes of plumblee.

light
09-29-2020, 01:05 PM

He's a fringe star with no range. He reminds me of Shawn Kemp, if Shawn Kemp was worse and had no charisma.

LAL
09-29-2020, 01:17 PM
He's a fringe star with no range. He reminds me of Shawn Kemp, if Shawn Kemp was worse and had no charisma.

Shawn kemp with tim duncan's iq. Jumper becoming pretty good, form is there, kemp also had to develop one. Watch out!

RRR3
09-29-2020, 01:35 PM
When did Shawn Kemp playmakers like Bam does?

HylianNightmare
09-29-2020, 01:42 PM
Bams gonna get locked tf up what kind of retarded thread is this

LAL
09-29-2020, 01:53 PM
Bams gonna get locked tf up what kind of retarded thread is this

Who knows, his numbers might not be all there against lakers bigs but he will always do the important things that won't show on a stat sheet but still extremely impactful.

StrongLurk
09-29-2020, 02:21 PM
22/11/6/2/1 for Bam these playoffs with elite defense...that's Duncan/KG level.

LAL
09-29-2020, 02:34 PM
22/11/6/2/1 for Bam these playoffs with elite defense...that's Duncan/KG level.

Exactly, crazy thing is i find his play even more impressive. Thinking about it, bam guarding lebron would be something lebron has never seen before honestly.. He can contest every shot lebron takes from anywhere and driving past him? forget it, just as strong, big, fast and athletic with a longer wingspan. Probably no need for that to happen with lakers bigs and miami's personnel.

Lebron23
09-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Exactly, crazy thing is i find his play even more impressive. Thinking about it, bam guarding lebron would be something lebron has never seen before honestly.. He can contest every shot lebron takes from anywhere and driving past him? forget it, just as strong, big, fast and athletic with a longer wingspan. Probably no need for that to happen with lakers bigs and miami's personnel.

Lebron is going to posterize bam in this series. And you are going to cry in your basement.

AirTupac
09-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Lopez rekt Bam. Bam did work on Theis/Kanter. Why are people overrating this kid? He'll be neutralized.

Trollsmasher
09-29-2020, 03:38 PM
issue for Bam is that he is pretty much a shittier version of AD in most respects... if he was a different type of player there might be some issues (see Jokic cooking AD in the post once he put his head to it) but AD is just gonna own him at his own game

PP34Deuce
09-29-2020, 05:51 PM
issue for Bam is that he is pretty much a shittier version of AD in most respects... if he was a different type of player there might be some issues (see Jokic cooking AD in the post once he put his head to it) but AD is just gonna own him at his own game

This.... Both UK talents. I do think Vogel puts Howard on him with AD defending him 4th quarter. I think Spo puts Bam on Lebron to stall the offense from Lebron driving aggressively.

Caruso, Green and KCP have got to close out on shooters.

FKAri
09-29-2020, 06:16 PM
Is he good? Can the Clippers get em?

Basketball r Us
09-29-2020, 06:36 PM
The Joker is better than Bam...if you look at it from all the things The Joker does for the team....