PDA

View Full Version : Jokic vs Ewing?

Basketball IQ
09-30-2020, 10:45 PM
Based on what you've seen from both, who is the better player. I would say Jokic due to his passing, shooting, post-game, and extremely high iq

NBAGOAT
09-30-2020, 10:48 PM
ewing at his peak. jokic vs mid 90s ewing is closer than some people here would argue imo.

Reggie43
09-30-2020, 11:21 PM
Peak Ewing without the injuries is easily better on both ends. Mid 90s Ewing was a win away from winning it all as the best player on his own team also.

NBAGOAT
09-30-2020, 11:35 PM
Peak Ewing without the injuries is easily better on both ends. Mid 90s Ewing was a win away from winning it all as the best player on his own team also.

had an all time defensive team around him in a year without mj. it's a great year but he's only top 5 ish that year. jokic's not quite top 5 right now but in most people's top 10

Basketball IQ
09-30-2020, 11:44 PM

I disagree. Ewing as the better defensive player but Jokic was much better offensively when you take in account passing and IQ.

SATAN
09-30-2020, 11:48 PM
Ewing would also obliterate the Clippers.

1987_Lakers
09-30-2020, 11:49 PM
How is this even a thread?

Basketball IQ
09-30-2020, 11:50 PM
Ewing would also obliterate the Clippers.

Maybe so. Jokic is still the better players.

Basketball IQ
09-30-2020, 11:52 PM
How is this even a thread?

You disagree?

Marchesk
10-01-2020, 12:12 AM
94 Pippen

Reggie43
10-01-2020, 12:23 AM
I disagree. Ewing as the better defensive player but Jokic was much better offensively when you take in account passing and IQ.

Being a better passer doesnt make him a better offensive player than peak Ewing. Jokic is basically a glorified Webber type player while Ewing at his short peak was in the conversation against Olajuwon, Robinson and young Shaq.

Gudo
10-01-2020, 01:10 AM
I wont be surprised if ewing gets underrated again

Round Mound
10-01-2020, 02:05 AM
Jokic is a better passer, game creator and higher B-Ball IQ but Ewing was a better scorer, post player and defender. Rebounding is around equal.

Xiao Yao You
10-01-2020, 07:15 AM
Brad Daugherty is a better comparison. He was highly underrated

Roundball_Rock
10-01-2020, 10:37 AM
had an all time defensive team around him in a year without mj.

He also lost because he had an all-time bad meltdown in the finals. That makes "one game away" (it actually was closer: one shot away) even worse IMO. If he played at even 70% of his normal level the Knicks would have won.

Ewing is on a higher level than Jokic, though. Ewing was top 5 ish at points. Jokic is legit top 10 but not in the top 5 conversation. Jokic is more of an Alonzo Mourning level player, with more offense and less defense.

Smook A.
10-01-2020, 10:57 AM
Jokic is a better passer, game creator and higher B-Ball IQ but Ewing was a better scorer, post player and defender. Rebounding is around equal.

This. I'd take Ewing, but Jokic still has room for improvement and he's only 25

Xiao Yao You
10-01-2020, 11:18 AM
He also lost because he had an all-time bad meltdown in the finals. That makes "one game away" (it actually was closer: one shot away) even worse IMO. If he played at even 70% of his normal level the Knicks would have won.

Ewing is on a higher level than Jokic, though. Ewing was top 5 ish at points. Jokic is legit top 10 but not in the top 5 conversation. Jokic is more of an Alonzo Mourning level player, with more offense and less defense.

always considered Ewing and Mourning about the same level. Mourning better defensively. Ewing offensively

bizil
10-02-2020, 02:25 PM
I think u gotta go Big Pat. His great two way ability and great rebounding is too hard to pass up. But he was elite on an athletic level on top of it. The Joker's calling cards are being the most gifted passing center ever. And in terms of overall offensive skill (scoring skillset, passing, handles), he's way up on the list as well. But the MORE SKILLED PLAYER isn't ALWAYS the better player. Ain't too many centers I'm taking over Big Pat on a peak prime level. Only Kareem, Dream, Wilt, Shaq, Moses, and David!

BUT The Joker could be a top 10 center peak-prime wise at some point. Just needs to keep doing what he's doing. Among guys who are true centers, Joker is the closest I've seen to a CENTER VERSION of Larry Bird. Not saying he's as good as Bird of course. Not close at this point. But I'm talking in terms of his offensive skillset, IQ, and triple double ability as a package. He's just not the scorer or defender (Bird was a very good defender when he played the PF spot) that Larry Legend is yet. Or if he ever will be!

Smoke117
10-02-2020, 02:40 PM
Being a better passer doesnt make him a better offensive player than peak Ewing. Jokic is basically a glorified Webber type player while Ewing at his short peak was in the conversation against Olajuwon, Robinson and young Shaq.

lol, Jokic is clearly a better offensive player than Ewing. Pat was also never never in any conversation with Dream, Big Dave, or Shaq. They were always considered considerably better as they were considerably better players.

Smoke117
10-02-2020, 02:42 PM
always considered Ewing and Mourning about the same level. Mourning better defensively. Ewing offensively

lol That's not even true. Alonzo Mourning has to be the most overrated defensive player from that era. Well him and Mutombo. They basically get all this talk when it was basically Olajuwon and Robinson getting old that allowed them to get all this big shit defense talk. Neither was ever as good as the those two and not even close. Hell, Mourning shouldn't have even gotten the DPOY in 99. Robinson should have. He was by far the most dominant defensive player in the league in that shortened season. Peak vs peak I'd take Ewing defensively over Mourning any day.

3ball
10-02-2020, 02:46 PM
Ewing took the Bulls 7 games with no help, while Jokic got demolished by AD despite having a great team

and Ewing was a much better jumpshooter - Jokic is better at threes, but Ewing otherwise has a case for goat jumpshooting center

Smoke117
10-02-2020, 02:47 PM
Ewing took the Bulls 7 games with no help, while Jokic got demolished by AD despite having a great team

and Ewing was a much better jumpshooter - Jokic is better at threes, but Ewing otherwise has a case for goat jumpshooting center

lol Knicks also needed 7 games (and a bullshit call) to beat the Bulls without Jordan. I guess you forgot about that, huh?

3ball
10-02-2020, 02:52 PM
lol Knicks also needed 7 games (and a bullshit call) to beat the Bulls without Jordan. I guess you forgot about that, huh?

you're right - Ewing beat the bulls and carried a shit roster to the Finals in a tough conference. . that's almost better than anything lebron ever did, let alone jokic

Smoke117
10-02-2020, 02:55 PM
you're right - Ewing beat the bulls and carried a shit roster to the Finals in a tough conference. . that's almost better than anything lebron ever did, let alone jokic

lol Yeah, because LeBron didn't lead a much more shit roster to the finals in 2007 or anything.

ZenMaster7210
10-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Ewing is the clear choice here. Ewing gave MJ a run for his money 92 and 93. Ewing anchored some of the best defenses ever!

NugzFan
10-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Brad Daugherty is a better comparison. He was highly underrated

Lol

Ewing was way better than daugherty

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Lol

Ewing was way better than daugherty

I said he was a better comparison for Jokic but he compared favorably to Ewing too. Ewing was a better defender. Brad a better passer. Both could score and rebound. Brad didn't have the hype but was great for a short time

NugzFan
10-02-2020, 04:59 PM
I said he was a better comparison for Jokic but he compared favorably to Ewing too. Ewing was a better defender. Brad a better passer. Both could score and rebound. Brad didn't have the hype but was great for a short time

Ok so we agree
Jokic 1st
Then Ewing 2nd
Then Daugherty 3rd

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Ok so we agree
Jokic 1st
Then Ewing 2nd
Then Daugherty 3rd

Didn't say that

Reggie43
10-02-2020, 06:55 PM
lol, Jokic is clearly a better offensive player than Ewing. Pat was also never never in any conversation with Dream, Big Dave, or Shaq. They were always considered considerably better as they were considerably better players.

Him getting All Nba First team in 1990 over Olajuwon and Robinson means he was definitely in the conversation at the time and also his Six All Nba Second team awards means he either beat Olajuwon, Robinson or even young Shaq for the award.

Xiao Yao You
10-02-2020, 07:00 PM
Him getting All Nba First team in 1990 over Olajuwon and Robinson means he was definitely in the conversation at the time and also his Six All Nba Second team awards means he either beat Olajuwon, Robinson or even young Shaq for the award.

Ewing wasn't up with any of those guys. He had the hype coming into the league and played in NY. Great player not up with them

Reggie43
10-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Ewing wasn't up with any of those guys. He had the hype coming into the league and played in NY. Great player not up with them

Not saying he was better all time or up to par skills wise but a Peak version of Ewing without the injuries can match up with those all time greats. At his best year he was at 28ppg 55fg% 11rpg 2ast 1spg 4bpg and All Nba First team.

NugzFan
10-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Didn't say that

yeah but you didnt not say it either

fsvr54
10-02-2020, 07:36 PM
He wasn't one game away from a title, he was a few points away, I believe one possession.

Also Olajuwon gets mad disrespect in the greatest NBA blocks ever, because the block on Starks is the GOAT and most important

Whoah10115
10-02-2020, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately, this is shockingly wrong. And that's it.