PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving: "I don't really see us having a head coach, I could be a head coach"

Nike D'Antoni
10-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Kyrie Irving speaks on the coaching situation: "I don't really see us having a "head" coach. KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days)."

KD adds: "Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It's a collaborative effort."

Shogon
10-01-2020, 01:45 PM
Kyrie "The Scholar" Irving, ladies and gentlemen. That definitely does NOT have a disaster written all over it.

:roll:

Mother****er hasn't even reported to camp and he's ALREADY disrespecting his coach. You know what this means, right? It means that nobody gave a DAMN about what Kyrie Irving thought in their head coaching search. It means that Kevin Durant was the only one that had a say.

This guy is one of the biggest headcases in NBA history. I mean damn he's high on the list. And his self awareness is in the basement.

AirTupac
10-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Man Kyrie sure is dumb.

3ball
10-01-2020, 01:50 PM
coaches are obviously overrated

doc rivers was useless and
Duncan/Lebron don't need Vogel

and Phil Jackson inherited a team on the cusp of the Finals - they nearly made the 89' Finals despite Pippen averaging 10 on 40% - so they just needed a better sidekick in 89' - Phil wasn't needed (and Pippen needed replacing)

AirTupac
10-01-2020, 01:51 PM
coaches are obviously overrated

doc rivers was useless and A
Duncan/Lebron don't need Vogel

the only coaches with any value are those thatg

Vogel has proven to be an excellent coach. His in game adjustments are ELITE. *** outta here discrediting him. Its by far LeBrons best coach and it shows because he's playing less minutes and playing unreal basketball in his 17th season. Vogel should be COY.

MaxPlayer
10-01-2020, 01:53 PM
Kyrie has about the same chance of ever being a head coach as Kanye West has of being president

Shogon
10-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Kyrie has about the same chance of ever being a head coach as Kanye West has of being president

Man, that's not true. He's got a better shot than Kanye. To be president, roughly half of the country needs to think you're somewhat smart in some regard. To be an NBA head coach it only takes 1 or 2 guys in any given franchise to land that gig. And a lot of people, unbelievably, think Kyrie Irving is smart. But do you ever see Kyrie seeking that type of job? No way. He can't emotionally handle being the best player on a team. And yet he's going to be the coach? Haha!

NBAGOAT
10-01-2020, 01:56 PM
man going be tough for nash to manage these personalities(dinwiddie is a bit "eccentric" too). He does seem to be a fan of not being a traditional head coach like kyrie wants but can that really work? Kind of doubt it

Trollsmasher
10-01-2020, 01:57 PM
how could lebron win it all with such cancerous player

3ball
10-01-2020, 02:00 PM
Vogel has proven to be an excellent coach. His in game adjustments are ELITE. *** outta here discrediting him. Its by far LeBrons best coach and it shows because he's playing less minutes and playing unreal basketball in his 17th season. Vogel should be COY.

coaches are useless, especially today with all the team-hopping/talent-based winning..

developing brand doesn't happen anymore - Vogel is completely useless - so you and I could coach Duncan/Lebron to the title.. I mean AD/Lebron

AD makes Vogel look great by finishing possessions with goat efficiency.. lebron's assists are up because of AD, aka the "karl malone" effect

(heck, look at Phil Jackson - he inherited a team on the cusp of the Finals - they nearly made the 89' Finals despite Pippen averaging 10 on 40% - so they just needed a better sidekick to win in 89', and then Phil wouldn't have been hired in 90')

Tobio-Star
10-01-2020, 02:07 PM
The Nets will be the Clippers 2.0 next season, you heard it here first

Shogon
10-01-2020, 02:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg

Real Men Wear Green
10-01-2020, 02:34 PM
I don't think Nash is the "respect my authority" type but a coach does need to have the final say and when running a timeout or giving instruction from the sideline sometimes needs players to do what they're told. This quote makes you wonder if Irving will at least give Nash that much control. In the coach's office, a phone call, a team meeting it's fine for Irving to speak his thoughts but there needs to be an understanding that the coach is in charge. If I was a Nets fan I would be hoping that Irving understands and accepts that.

Of course I'm not a Nets fan. Let chaos reign.

Kiddlovesnets
10-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Sigh I really hope he understands that, hes just a player. Nash is a first year coach and he needs support from the players, the way Irving is acting doesnt give me much confidence at all. When things are going well and we are winning, this wont be a problem but we are going to lose some games, so I am skeptical how Nash can keep the team under control at the harder times with Irving's mindset.

Gray GOAT
10-01-2020, 02:45 PM
My prediction is that no longer than midseason either that team has some massive turmoil or Durant has already filed a trade request. I feel bad for Steve Nash, he does not deserve this.

Gray GOAT
10-01-2020, 02:47 PM
I serve my community first, what the hell does that even mean in regard to a head coach?

red1
10-01-2020, 02:48 PM
kyrie still needs to apologize to everyone in cleveland for being fragile. he cost them a guaranteed ring in 2015.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-01-2020, 02:54 PM
Seems like Irving got high off his ass and did a podcast with KD. Just buddys talking bullshit here I think.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-01-2020, 02:55 PM
kyrie still needs to apologize to everyone in cleveland for being fragile. he cost them a guaranteed ring in 2015.

But saved them from losing in 2016, so he made up for it.

Stephonit
10-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Back to smoothing things over after a teammate ruffles feathers.

red1
10-01-2020, 02:57 PM
But saved them from losing in 2016, so he made up for it.

dont put all of your hater eggs in the kyrie basket. theres a good chance he'll get injured again.

clippers choked a 3-1 lead this year. kawhi was dogshit. :oldlol:

GrayGoat
10-01-2020, 03:30 PM
If Ty Lue can be coach than anyone can be

Lebron23
10-01-2020, 03:36 PM
If Ty Lue can be coach than anyone can be

At least that guy knew how to pass when he was a player in the nba

GrayGoat
10-01-2020, 03:51 PM
At least that guy knew how to pass when he was a player in the nba

True. Kyrie is acting like a strung out virgin.

Kiddlovesnets
10-01-2020, 08:09 PM
My prediction is that no longer than midseason either that team has some massive turmoil or Durant has already filed a trade request. I feel bad for Steve Nash, he does not deserve this.

Nah KD wont file a trade request, if he wants Irving gone, the latter is gone. I doubt that will happen, but I am worried about Nash with Irving's mentality.

Marchesk
10-01-2020, 11:49 PM
Man, that's not true. He's got a better shot than Kanye. To be president, roughly half of the country needs to think you're somewhat smart in some regard.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/47/1479745360-trump-gif.gif

hold this L
10-02-2020, 12:40 AM
I don't think Nash is the "respect my authority" type but a coach does need to have the final say and when running a timeout or giving instruction from the sideline sometimes needs players to do what they're told. This quote makes you wonder if Irving will at least give Nash that much control. In the coach's office, a phone call, a team meeting it's fine for Irving to speak his thoughts but there needs to be an understanding that the coach is in charge. If I was a Nets fan I would be hoping that Irving understands and accepts that.

Of course I'm not a Nets fan. Let chaos reign.

Any successful coach has some semblance of "respect my authority", some are hardasses some not. You can't lead if people don't respect your authority.

Kyrie is a ****ing moron though.

light
10-02-2020, 04:17 AM
Kyrie Irving speaks on the coaching situation: "I don't really see us having a "head" coach. KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days)."

KD adds: "Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It's a collaborative effort."

So we can basically write off the Kyrie-KD Nets completely at this point.

They're going nowhere.

nayte
10-02-2020, 04:32 AM
I love how Kyrie manages to upset the same few posters again and again

Stanley Kobrick
10-02-2020, 05:36 AM
really disappointed to see Kyrie go down the Marbury path, he too was one of my favorite players early in his career. unfortunately while most people get wiser with age, there are select few who tend to decline in maturity. come back uncle drew :(

CelticBaller
10-02-2020, 07:32 AM
If I was Nash I would be sending my resignation papers right now

Wally450
10-02-2020, 11:02 AM
This is not going to work out. Kyrie is a cancer lmao

GrayGoat
10-02-2020, 12:40 PM
kyrie is disrespecting Nash.

handbanana
10-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Man I wish Nash resigns, it'll be hard to hate this team with him as head coach, he doesn't deserve this bullshit..

AirTupac
10-02-2020, 02:04 PM
Look at these 2 Boston clowns. STFU you and Irving are a match made in heaven. Idiots.

LAVAR BALL
10-02-2020, 02:19 PM
Kyrie, sapping coach's authority 5month before preseason

Even if he doesn't need a coach (and he does) you can't say that; killing your coach authority over your younger players even before the season start doesn't feel right ...
Seriously the Brooklyn experience seems shaky even before really starting:
- The Injuries
- The Atkinson firing
- The "Let's make Deandre starting center when Jarret Allen is now better than him" just to please their "Big Three"
- This

It doesn't scream serenity for now, maybe their gonna shut my and everyone's mouth thanks to their elite talents, but for now ...

Manny98
10-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Kyrie letting me down with his recent comments :(

AlternativeAcc.
10-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Kyrie is cancer

BK would be elite without him, I'm hoping for another injury

Likely to happen anyways. He should retire

EllEffEll
10-02-2020, 06:13 PM
This one is a gem too: "We don’t need someone to come in with their coaching philosophy and change everything we’re doing.”

Right. Because what you were doing is working so well.

SATAN
10-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Lost every ounce of respect I once had for Kyrie. The guy is a brain dead piece of shit.

red1
10-02-2020, 07:40 PM
This one is a gem too: "We don’t need someone to come in with their coaching philosophy and change everything we’re doing.”

Right. Because what you were doing is working so well.

this is so funny coming from kyrie :oldlol: :roll:

Lebron23
10-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Kyrie's nickname should be Uncle Cancer. I love his shoes, playing style, but he's an idiot for disrespecting Nash.

SATAN
10-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Kyrie's nickname should be Uncle Cancer.

:lol

greymatter
10-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Man Kyrie sure is dumb.

He's a flat earther, so he's a special category of dumb.

FireDavidKahn
10-02-2020, 07:54 PM

LeBron was able to mask this cancer from the public. Without LeBron you get this

greymatter
10-02-2020, 07:54 PM
man going be tough for nash to manage these personalities(dinwiddie is a bit "eccentric" too). He does seem to be a fan of not being a traditional head coach like kyrie wants but can that really work? Kind of doubt it

Nevermind training camp for next season, this season isn't even over and he's already undermining Nash's authority.

He's a stage 5 cancer.

FireDavidKahn
10-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Nevermind training camp for next season, this season isn't even over and he's already undermining Nash's authority.

He's a stage 5 cancer.

Metastatic Cancer.

It cannot be stopped.

greymatter
10-02-2020, 08:16 PM

Except that KD is already 32 and coming off a torn Achilles and only one NBA star has ever come back at more than 85-90% of their former self (Nique). Nique also only had a partial tear. It wasn't a complete rupture like KD's. Expect a lot more jumpers and a significantly weaker ability to drive into the paint and finish at the rim. A KD with no athleticism is at best a juiced up version of Danilo Galinari.

Expect around 24/6/4 on 45-47FG%, 36-38 3pt%, ~87%FT in probably around 29-32mpg his first season back from injury.

ELITEpower23
10-29-2021, 03:31 PM
Who could ever win with this cancer?

Akeem34TheDream
10-29-2021, 04:08 PM
Who could ever win with this cancer?

All Lebron's star teammates start to dislike basketball after playing with him. I wouldn't be shocked if AD retires in 2 years.

8Ball
10-29-2021, 04:43 PM
I love what Kyrie has turned into post LeBron

FireDavidKahn
10-29-2021, 04:46 PM
Metastatic Cancer.

It cannot be stopped.

1 year later and this is proven yet again.