PDA

View Full Version : Who will be heard to defend MJ's crumbling legacy now that 3ball is banned?

72-10
10-01-2020, 05:56 PM
stumbling, crumbling, bumbling you name it

If LeBron continues to overtake MJ in statistical totals and accolades, what more can one surmise?

3ball
10-01-2020, 06:01 PM

If LeBron continues to overtake MJ in statistical totals and accolades, what more can one surmise?
a) goat production rate = goat winning, aka most rings in modern era

b) goat totals = lower production rate, aka less winning

a > b

GrayGoat
10-01-2020, 06:03 PM

They will start using the Joe Montana strategy (perfect in championship series)

Spurs m8
10-01-2020, 06:06 PM
What a reach with the empty stats lol

The fact you're still getting triggered by Jordan daily - 22 years after his second 3peat - just goes to show the legacy is stronger than ever.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about Brons legacy once he's no longer in the spotlight and the media aren't svcking him off anymore.

Jordan is fine....and it KILLS you

GrayGoat
10-01-2020, 06:09 PM
What a reach with the empty stats lol

The fact you're still getting triggered by Jordan daily - 22 years after his second 3peat - just goes to show the legacy is stronger than ever.

Honestly, I'd be more concerned about Brons legacy once he's no longer in the spotlight and the media aren't svcking him off anymore.

Jordan is fine....and it KILLS you MJ never had empty stats.<==== that’s the flaw with your kindergarten take

Spurs m8
10-01-2020, 06:11 PM
MJ never had empty stats.<==== that’s the flaw with your kindergarten take

We all know who has the accolades and success...sit down, b1tch

GrayGoat
10-01-2020, 06:25 PM
We all know who has the accolades and success...sit down, b1tch

You were in diapers when MJ was playing

Carbine
10-01-2020, 07:27 PM
His legacy is as rock solid as it can get.

His personal accolades and team titles are still not achieved by anyone. LeBron has a ways to go to match him.

guy
10-01-2020, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty sure Lebron has overtaken Jordan in basically all statistical totals....but Jordan is still routinely ranked above him. So I'm not sure people really care about that stuff.

Real Men Wear Green
10-01-2020, 09:25 PM
I am kind of offended but the idea that 3ball was somehow preserving Jordan's legacy. If anything his obsession had the opposite effect. Jordan doesn't need crazy idiots defending his accomplishments with dumb arguments. Every basketball fan over 35 knows what he did and the younger ones with a knowledge of history are aware of him as well. It's unavoidable that sooner or later someone will be acknowledged as greater than Jordan but so far that player hasn't come along.

Spurs m8
10-01-2020, 09:41 PM
I am kind of offended but the idea that 3ball was somehow preserving Jordan's legacy. If anything his obsession had the opposite effect. Jordan doesn't need crazy idiots defending his accomplishments with dumb arguments. Every basketball fan over 35 knows what he did and the younger ones with a knowledge of history are aware of him as well. It's unavoidable that sooner or later someone will be acknowledged as greater than Jordan but so far that player hasn't come along.

Exactly.

Its not even a debate with Bron.

One day a player will come along though

Cyrus334
10-01-2020, 09:41 PM
Jordan's legacy doesn't need defending, it speaks for itself. No matter what half the losers on here who make trillions of Jordan topics ever day say to tear him down, he's still the GOAT in most people's eyes.

No player accomplished more than Jordan in the modern NBA in a 13 year time frame and I doubt anyone ever will.

This is Lebron's 17th season and he's still behind Jordan in almost every imporant accolade that's given in the NBA, let alone titles.

HoopsNY
10-01-2020, 10:07 PM
Care to explain how his legacy can "crumble" because of another supposed player's ascent? That pre-supposes that LeBron is climbing to the top anyway. When Kareem came along, that didn't suddenly mean Wilt or Russell's legacies "crumbled."

The level of stupidity on this forum is appalling at times. It's like great players can't be recognized without the dumbest attempts at tearing down another player's legacy. I get legitimate criticism, but 90% of the time that's not what we see here. Just look at the plethora of threads against MJ, LeBron, Pippen, etc.

Spurs m8
10-01-2020, 10:47 PM
What a backfire, op lol

Shooter
10-02-2020, 01:31 AM
Care to explain how his legacy can "crumble" because of another supposed player's ascent? That pre-supposes that LeBron is climbing to the top anyway. When Kareem came along, that didn't suddenly mean Wilt or Russell's legacies "crumbled."

The level of stupidity on this forum is appalling at times. It's like great players can't be recognized without the dumbest attempts at tearing down another player's legacy. I get legitimate criticism, but 90% of the time that's not what we see here. Just look at the plethora of threads against MJ, LeBron, Pippen, etc.

What's your top 5 chief?

Shooter
10-02-2020, 01:32 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/6qxwqrHq/goat_scoreres.png

And still going. This needs an update after LeBron's 4th chip

ZenMaster7210
10-02-2020, 02:38 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/rY93u9tQbybks/giphy.gif

HoopsNY
10-02-2020, 09:49 PM
What's your top 5 chief?

I kinda divide it into two categories. One that is more heavily based on longevity performance and accolades, and then another that's based upon player skill/talent, prime/peak years, and postseason/elimination game performances.

For the first list, I have:

Mj
LeBron
Kareem
Russell
Magic

For the second, I have

Mj
Hakeem
Kareem
Bird
LeBron

I know having Hakeem that high seems odd, but I explained my reasoning in other threads. I think the first list I mentioned is pretty standard, though.

MaxPlayer
10-02-2020, 09:50 PM
I kinda divide it into two categories. One that is more heavily based on longevity performance and accolades, and then another that's based upon player skill/talent, prime/peak years, and postseason/elimination game performances.

For the first list, I have:

Mj
LeBron
Kareem
Russell
Magic

For the second, I have

Mj
Hakeem
Kareem
Bird
LeBron

I know having Hakeem that high seems odd, but I explained my reasoning in other threads. I think the first list I mentioned is pretty standard, though.

https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy.gif

HoopsNY
10-02-2020, 09:56 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/glmRyiSI3v5E4/giphy.gif

It's simple, do you want Grant Hill on your team or do you want Paul Pierce? From a career perspective, Pierce has the playoff success with a championship, FMVP award, 10x all-star, etc, and better overall statistics. He's up there amongst Celtics legends for sure and many people would choose him, at least career-wise.

But was he better than Grant Hill? I don't think so. This is despite the fact that Pierce has better overall playoff numbers. But Hill stands out in talent/skill as well as his peak/prime years where he was the LeBron of the league before LeBron. Hill unfortunately suffered from injuries, which makes him forgotten in the all-time rankings.

NBAGOAT
10-02-2020, 10:03 PM
It's simple, do you want Grant Hill on your team or do you want Paul Pierce? From a career perspective, Pierce has the playoff success with a championship, FMVP award, 10x all-star, etc, and better overall statistics. He's up there amongst Celtics legends for sure and many people would choose him, at least career-wise.

But was he better than Grant Hill? I don't think so. This is despite the fact that Pierce has better overall playoff numbers. But Hill stands out in talent/skill as well as his peak/prime years where he was the LeBron of the league before LeBron. Hill unfortunately suffered from injuries, which makes him forgotten in the all-time rankings.

well how is kareem's peak/prime above lebron but below him in a career ranking? His longevity is still at least even with bron

HoopsNY
10-02-2020, 10:10 PM
well how is kareem's peak/prime above lebron but below him in a career ranking? His longevity is still at least even with bron

I'll admit. Me placing LeBron at #2 for all-time careers above Kareem is more of a 2a/2b situation. A major reason for me is that the majority of Kareem's success with LAL comes where Magic is the best player. The same can't be said about LeBron. He's been the best player for arguably every team he's played for, including this year (though some would make a case for AD).