PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets 2021 Champs???

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Brooklyn finished 7th in the East this year and got sweeped by Toronto in the first round. They finished 2nd behind Milwaukee in rebounds during the regular season and 9th in 3pt made, just .8% from being top 3 from behind the arc. Both Kyrie and Durant are 40% 3pt so they should be one of the best 3pt shooting team next year(if both healthy).

I didnt follow the Nets but remembered they whooped Lakers butts during preseason(i know i know its only preseason but still). I knew they had depth but didnt realize 9+ players deep?!

Only main rotational player who is a unrestricted free agent is Joe Harris but im sure the owner is willing to go well over the luxury tax to keep him. After the 2021 season is a different story with guys like Dinwiddie/Allen/Temple expecting a salary increase(if continue to produce).

Once the 2 superstars come back, you can argue they are the best Team in the NBA. But just like the Clippers, they have the talent and depth but lack leadership. In Brooklyn's case, the question is how will both Kyrie and Durant mesh woth Steve Nash? Thoughts?

GrayGoat
10-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Kyrie needs a real leader. A daddy figure if you will. A LeDaddy in order to thrive and succeed

AlternativeAcc.
10-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Durant is infinitely better than Kawhit as a player and leader. Silly comparison

He's the only guy in history who made it work with Westbrick (worst player of all time)

As much of a cancer as Irving is, he's better than westbrick and the BK role players are elite.

It'll be Lakers vs Nets next year for the finals, barring injuries

sdot_thadon
10-02-2020, 05:58 PM
I dunno, either a chip or a dumpster fire waiting to happen

Manny98
10-02-2020, 05:59 PM
I really want to see Nets vs Lakers in the finals next year

I expect Dinwiddie and possibly Jarrett Allen to get traded in a package to land PG or Jrue Holiday in the off-season

LAmbruh
10-02-2020, 05:59 PM
Manny, a true die hard Nets fan. :applause:

Now the midst of getting the soul sucked out of them by 1-n-done Kobe/MJ stans on a Kyrie led team :lol

Thoughts n prayers bro

GrayGoat
10-02-2020, 06:00 PM
I really want to see Nets vs Lakers in the finals next year

I expect Dinwiddie and possibly Jarrett Allen to get traded in a package to land PG or Jrue Holiday in the off-season

Lol that would be a terrible trade. They honestly need to get rid of Kyrie and they would be perfect

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Durant is infinitely better than Kawhit as a player and leader. Silly comparison

I meant "just like the Clippers where their full of talent/depth, will they click?"(where as Clippers did not because leadership)

Manny98
10-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Manny, a true die hard Nets fan. :applause:

Now the midst of getting the soul sucked out of them by 1-n-done Kobe/MJ stans on a Kyrie led team :lol

Thoughts n prayers bro
Thank bro :lol

Kiddlovesnets
10-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Tbh our chance of getting out of Eastern Conference to the finals ain’t quite optimistic, will struggle against the likes of Bucks and Heat. However, if we do somehow make it there and the Lakers are in Finals again, I am 100% sure we will beat them. Durant has consistently dominated LeBron in the NBA finals, going 8-1 against him in the last two encounters in playoffs. If KD could do this against prime LeBron, then there’s no reason why he wouldn’t do it again against a 37 years old Lebron.

francesco totti
10-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Tbh our chance of getting out of Eastern Conference to the finals ain’t quite optimistic, will struggle against the likes of Bucks and Heat. However, if we do somehow make it there and the Lakers are in Finals again, I am 100% sure we will beat them. Durant has consistently dominated LeBron in the NBA finals, going 8-1 against him in the last two encounters in playoffs. If KD could do this against prime LeBron, then there’s no reason why he wouldn’t do it again against a 37 years old Lebron.

Lebron has dominated Durant his entire career, Durant had like maybe 1 or 2 wins vs Lebron until Durant got to Golden State.
Its not even close.

Kiddlovesnets
10-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Lebron has dominated Durant his entire career, Durant had like maybe 1 or 2 wins vs Lebron until Durant got to Golden State.
Its not even close.

Not really, 8-1 in their last two playoffs series, and Durant won two FMVPs after having destroyed LeBron in the finals.

Axe
10-02-2020, 08:51 PM
It will be a huge compliment to steve nash's career if he can lead the nets out of the east

Meticode
10-02-2020, 08:54 PM
It will be a huge compliment to steve nash's career if he can lead the nets out of the east

I thought Durant and Kyrie already came out and said this is a co-coaching thing. Nash isn't leading anything. Sounds like the Nets brass hired Nash without ever talking to Durant or Kyrie probably.

warriorfan
10-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Not really, 8-1 in their last two playoffs series, and Durant won two FMVPs after having destroyed LeBron in the finals.

When he had an open gym playing next to dingo.

Take that away and we will see the return of the slim peeper.

Axe
10-02-2020, 08:58 PM
I thought Durant and Kyrie already came out and said this is a co-coaching thing. Nash isn't leading anything. Sounds like the Nets brass hired Nash without ever talking to Durant or Kyrie probably.
Oh i forgot. That's weird shit tbh.

francesco totti
10-02-2020, 09:03 PM

As I said, and repeat again pre-joining golden state.
Durant 3 - 14 vs Lebron in regular season & 1 - 4 in playoffs .
Without Golden State.

Kiddlovesnets
10-02-2020, 11:36 PM
Without Golden State.

They only met once in the playoffs back then so it was not really a good metric, and no one cares about regular season record anyway.

francesco totti
10-03-2020, 12:10 AM
They only met once in the playoffs back then so it was not really a good metric, and no one cares about regular season record anyway.

And the correct metric is him playing on that Golden State team?
You put Lebron, Kawhi, heck even a lower tier Paul George or Jimmy Butler on that GSW team they were winning the chip.

Wally450
10-03-2020, 12:27 AM
All I can say about this is

:roll: :roll: :roll:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-03-2020, 03:44 AM
Without Golden State.

He joins the defending champs Warriors after getting beat by them in the Western Finals. Imagine Duncan, Webber, AI, KG, ect joining Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Pau/Odom/Bynum and co after losing the conference finals/finals the year before. Then use those stats to compare so-n-so won more battles compared to another player. Magic, Malone, or Drexler joining Jordan and Pippen after getting beat the year before. Give the current Lakers a healthy Klay Thompson, its just not fair.

TheGoatest
10-03-2020, 03:58 AM
I don't know.
On the one hand they have Durant.
On the other hand they also have Kyrie, a player who unquestionably makes the teams he plays on worse.

It will be interesting to see how these two conflicting forces coexist, and which one prevails in the end.

greymatter
10-03-2020, 04:28 PM

Looks like someone glossed over "until Durant got to Golden State". It must hurt to be as stupid as yourself.