PDA

View Full Version : Marc Jackson and JVG desperately struggling to figure out the Lakers

scuzzy
10-03-2020, 12:31 AM
These dudes bickering back n forth for 2 games now trying to solve Lakers equation with nothing but dead ends and back peddling :lol

Van Gundy slurring his words trying to explain X n O's of Heat's zone issue, Jackson chiming in on how he'd "live with Lakers 3's" after moping about them not closing out on shooters in gm 1. Spent the last 2 months slurping up Spoelstra decision making

5m left in the first half... Mark Jackson: “Jimmy Butler 1 for 3. That’s unacceptable. He needs to be more aggressive.” Breen: “he’s been taking it to the basket quite a bit and he’s shot 8 free throws so far” JVG: “with 5 assists”

Doris and Hubie are much more interesting to listen too, Breen is always clutch.

NBA has the worst national commentators of any pro sports by FAR. Golf, Nascar, NFL, etc. Joe Buck would run circles around washed Marv

AlternativeAcc.
10-03-2020, 12:35 AM
I'm not even sure why Mark Jackson has a job

I mean he's genuinely the worst commentator I've ever heard in sports. Just unbelievably annoying and stupid

I'd rather listen to Webber stumble through a broadcast than that religious goof

GrayGoat
10-03-2020, 12:35 AM
Uh it’s simple. AD got 16 fvcking offensive boards lol. He looked like Shaq cleaning up Kobe shots

J Shuttlesworth
10-03-2020, 12:38 AM
Mark Jackson: "You've got to force LeBron to shoot 3s. Turn him into a jump shooter!"

*after LeBron makes 3s*
"You can't just let him make those! Force him to go to the hoop for a tough shot"

GrayGoat
10-03-2020, 12:41 AM
The only way to beat LeBron is to take away everyone else. LeBron will get his regardless

1987_Lakers
10-03-2020, 12:43 AM
I dont mind JVG, dude has lots of funny moments but Mark Jackson is just terrible.

1987_Lakers
10-03-2020, 12:43 AM
OP, where the HBO Now passwords at?

Shooter
10-03-2020, 12:45 AM
The only way to beat LeBron is to take away everyone else. LeBron will get his regardless

He is the ultimate counter guy. Literally nothing works against him.

Give him space and let him shoot 3s? SPLASH

Play up on him and take his space? DRIVE & DUNK

Double team him? FINDS THE OPEN MAN EVERY TIME

LeGOAT

scuzzy
10-03-2020, 12:51 AM
I'm not even sure why Mark Jackson has a job

I mean he's genuinely the worst commentator I've ever heard in sports. Just unbelievably annoying and stupid

I'd rather listen to Webber stumble through a broadcast than that religious goof
Just no intensity whatsoever

Guys like Bob Costas made NBA Finals feel like the fate of the world was on the line, just like he does with Olympics where rivalry doesn't even exist

No pre game hype, no flashback highlights from the season or prior years. Not even post game pressers getting aired. Nothing about Lakers history or Lebrons run with Heat

These 2 don't deserve the Finals spot anymore, they kill the atmosphere. World Series and Super Bowl are treated with mothers warm love, HOF greats and legend broadcasters. NBA Finals is slopped together with perennial choke artists in Webber/Reggie/Barkley and no respectable ex coaches. Local NBA broadcasts/radio >>>

scuzzy
10-03-2020, 01:16 AM
OP, where the HBO Now passwords at?
Can't crack hbomax anymore, they do geo tracking and cell authorizations when devices aren't recognised

Disney+

chapughp.a.tezy.o.a@gmail.com:FASTTixo2.21

HULU

ricecakes83@hotmail.com:AL!@nr1983 | Subscribed to = ShowTime
kevinsimeon33@yahoo.com:kevin1997 | Subscribed to = No Commercials
eligurganus@gmail.com:Elijah05 | Subscribed to = No Commercials
alexcas8ro@gmail.com:Madera559 | Subscribed to = "25","26"
ghostmommy88@yahoo.com:brooke1226 | Subscribed to = No Commercials

1987_Lakers
10-03-2020, 01:19 AM
Can't crack hbomax anymore, they do geo tracking and cell authorizations when devices aren't recognised

Disney+

HULU

:rockon:

scuzzy
10-03-2020, 01:21 AM
I usually just hit up these streaming sites to get my hbo fix

https://www.showbox-movies.net/tv-show

bigbrownschaub
10-03-2020, 01:22 AM

Disney+

HULU

thanks b

Stanley Kobrick
10-03-2020, 01:13 PM

Disney+

HULU

:cheers:

Basketball r Us
10-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Not a fan of Jackson...King of cliches. But JVG is just funny.

light
10-03-2020, 03:49 PM
These dudes bickering back n forth for 2 games now trying to solve Lakers equation with nothing but dead ends and back peddling :lol

Van Gundy slurring his words trying to explain X n O's of Heat's zone issue, Jackson chiming in on how he'd "live with Lakers 3's" after moping about them not closing out on shooters in gm 1. Spent the last 2 months slurping up Spoelstra decision making

5m left in the first half... Mark Jackson: “Jimmy Butler 1 for 3. That’s unacceptable. He needs to be more aggressive.” Breen: “he’s been taking it to the basket quite a bit and he’s shot 8 free throws so far” JVG: “with 5 assists”

Doris and Hubie are much more interesting to listen too, Breen is always clutch.

NBA has the worst national commentators of any pro sports by FAR. Golf, Nascar, NFL, etc. Joe Buck would run circles around washed Marv

I like both of them. They're a good duo. No one is right all the time. The most important thing about them for me is that they properly slurp LeBron.

raprap
10-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Mike Breen is okay but would rather have Harlan.

JVG and Jackson can fvck off.

brooks_thompson
10-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Mike Breen is okay but would rather have Harlan.

JVG and Jackson can fvck off.

I prefer Harlan to Breen, but Harlan isn’t perfect. He goes from 0 to 120 wayyy too fast sometimes instead of building the intensity like the masters do. We get it, you have a great excited voice. Save it for the truly special moments. Feels a little too much of a showbiz “put your face on” thing sometimes. Now Gus Johnson...that’s pure classic mania. How he isn’t bigger I’ll never understand. “Ha-HA!”

RRR3
10-03-2020, 06:44 PM
I actually like JVG and Jackson :confusedshrug:

I guess I associate them heavily with my time being a huge NBA fan starting in the 2011 playoffs.