PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Admits He Plays Selfishly

FireDavidKahn
10-03-2020, 08:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjchCIuWAAM7DcK?format=jpg&name=medium

:biggums:

lilteapot
10-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Boy I can't wait for the Nets to completely crumble.

1987_Lakers
10-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Waiting for the Clippers to hire Lue.

J Shuttlesworth
10-03-2020, 08:58 PM
How the **** did LeBron carry that guy to a ring?

RRR3
10-03-2020, 09:07 PM
How the **** did LeBron carry that guy to a ring?
LeSensei. The cancer whisperer.

starface
10-03-2020, 09:34 PM
I mean Kyrie was right tbh.

The bigger picture, high IQ stuff WAS #23‘s job. Lue was asking Kyrie to do something above his capability level. A coach has to know the limitations of his personnel.

Kyrie was just bein real. It wasnt fair to ask him to be that guy, when he’s not.

Spurs m8
10-03-2020, 09:34 PM
KYRIE :cry::cry::cry:

I can't wait to see how you all turn on Davis :roll:

tpols
10-03-2020, 09:45 PM
He was right. Lebron was the QB, the passer, the transition pusher... while Kyrie was the half court finisher, the scorer and crunchtime shooter. Irving's game was methodical break you down slow with supreme dribbling and shotmaking skill. LBJ's was to out athlete you, break down the defense with it, and either layup himself or dish to the open man once the defense had been scrambled. Kyrie doesn't have the athleticism to play "fast". He's quick, not fast. Guy blows his knee out playing slow and you want him to jack up his pace? lol... that's why ty lue sucked as a coach.

Stanley Kobrick
10-03-2020, 09:52 PM
:biggums:

Shogon
10-03-2020, 10:07 PM
Kyrie is supremely talented as an ISO scorer and that's about it. He's not a good leader. He's not a good defender. He doesn't do a good job of getting others involved unless he's out to prove that he can.

He's basically a super talented cancer.

Maybe he turns it around, who knows. But the trend still looks bad.

FireDavidKahn
10-03-2020, 10:09 PM
He was right. Lebron was the QB, the passer, the transition pusher... while Kyrie was the half court finisher, the scorer and crunchtime shooter. Irving's game was methodical break you down slow with supreme dribbling and shotmaking skill. LBJ's was to out athlete you, break down the defense with it, and either layup himself or dish to the open man once the defense had been scrambled. Kyrie doesn't have the athleticism to play "fast". He's quick, not fast. Guy blows his knee out playing slow and you want him to jack up his pace? lol... that's why ty lue sucked as a coach.

Thanks for agreeing that Kyrie is selfish

Kblaze8855
10-03-2020, 10:46 PM

You don’t have to be fast to push the tempo. You don’t literally have to dash up the court. Non big time athletes like Nash, Mark Jackson, and plenty of others have been able to get a team playing faster without themselves being that fast. Implementation of the game plan...being an extension of the coach on the floor...that’s what a point guard is for on offense. Not necessarily to score or pass...but to get the team playing the way it’s designed to play. If you don’t care to try that’s....a problem.

999Guy
10-04-2020, 12:30 AM
Kyrie is supremely talented as an ISO scorer and that's about it. He's not a good leader. He's not a good defender. He doesn't do a good job of getting others involved unless he's out to prove that he can.

Put it better than I ever could.

AlternativeAcc.
10-04-2020, 12:31 AM
Not even Carmelo was this bad

Irving is just one of those guys you justifiably wish harm upon.

CTbasketball92
10-04-2020, 01:25 AM

It's funny i always took this quote a bit differently than everyone else. I took it as him being sarcastic and being a jerk because he resented LeBron being the primary ballhandler and essentially taking his usual job. During his last year in Cleveland, Kyrie isolated a massive 20% of the time. They basically did give him the green light to do that and shoot as much as he wanted. LeBron literally did handle most of the playmaking (even though Kyrie went on a Kobe-esque "look i could get 8 apg if i wanted to" passing tour that December.

I disagree with the quick not fast part, I feel like people say that in the same way they say Barry Sanders wasn't that fast, etc. Kyrie is very fast and quick. I'd say in the open court especially, only people like DeAaron Fox, Russell Westbrook and prime John Wall were faster, and none of them could change directions and be in complete control like Kyrie can.

https://youtu.be/eQgLojhexnc?t=448

https://youtu.be/esNkesyXSMY?t=115

^^^ in the second video especially, there are plenty of examples of explosive first step quickness and crazy open court speed.

He's fast and quick, but to get by anybody when you iso that much and people know you're coming and there's help you have to dribble a bit to get by them at will. He usually faced a good perimeter defender, he didn't just ISO when he got switched onto a big, like Steph or CP3 his best year in Houston, for instance. Even besides all that, he can handle the ball so well he can really just cruise by people and conserve energy that way.

But staying on point (i love analyzing biomechanic/athleticism stuff, so couldn't pass up this chance to do some diving lol) Kyrie is a jerk and is a little selfish, all bs aside.

ArbitraryWater
10-04-2020, 03:19 AM

Dawg, how can u be this dumb? Lol

You gotta be Bolt to push the tempo? Lmao

WhiteKyrie
10-04-2020, 03:22 AM
Well, yes. He’s the best half court isolation scorer in the league along side Kevin Durant. He was taking the big shots LeBron was too frightened to take.

Anfernee
10-04-2020, 05:31 AM

Word. Him and KD are going to be a disaster as teammates.

k0kakw0rld
10-04-2020, 11:24 AM
I mean Kyrie was right tbh.

The bigger picture, high IQ stuff WAS #23‘s job. Lue was asking Kyrie to do something above his capability level. A coach has to know the limitations of his personnel.

Kyrie was just bein real. It wasnt fair to ask him to be that guy, when he’s not.
He is a point guard. STFU!

TheGoatest
10-04-2020, 11:48 AM
He is a point guard. STFU!

Only listed as one. But he is really a shooting guard in a point guard's body. And a ball-hogging shooting guard at that. About as useful as a 6'6 center.
He couldn't run an offense out of a wet paper bag.

His career high in assists is 6.9 per game.
It's a joke when compared to other score-first point guards like Curry (career high apg: 8.5) and Derrick Rose (7.9)
Nikola Jokic has two apg seasons that are higher than Kyrie's career high. :roll:

Mr. Woke
10-04-2020, 02:18 PM
LeBron was the point guard at that point in time.

Kyrie has my respect.