PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Clippers Shopping around Paul George. Golden State Warriors of Interest

AirTupac
10-06-2020, 05:24 PM
PG said if hes going to be shipped, he wants a team where he can be #3.

Warriors Receive: Paul George

Clippers Receive: Andrew Wiggins, 2020 1st Round Pick (No. 2 Pick), 2021 1st Round Pick (via MIN)

The financial details for this deal would involve the Clippers taking on roughly $29.5 million in salary while sending out about $35.4 million to the Warriors. It’s a fairly basic swap considering there’s only one contract going out from each side.

It’s important to note, the first round selection the Clippers would receive in 2021 is from the Timberwolves and is top-3 protected.

If Minnesota were to finish in the top three of the 2021 NBA Draft order after the selections are finalized, the Clippers would have to wait until 2022 for the pick to relegate to being unprotected.

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/10/05/nba-trade-rumors-clippers-warriors-trade-send-paul-george-golden-state/2/

Kblaze8855
10-06-2020, 05:42 PM
PG said if hes going to be shipped, he wants a team where he can be #3.

Did he?

Shogon
10-06-2020, 05:45 PM
Damn.

If the Warriors get PG for Wiggins, I can't see how they don't win it all if they're healthy. The only caveat besides health would be Draymond... has he completely fallen off a cliff? We'll see.

I also don't see how Kawhi is happy with that trade at all.

Forget Kawhi... I mean the Clippers can't do that. They need a star back. They already bled the assets for over half a decade. They went all in. They're in what they're in now. They have to upgrade or stay put. They can't downgrade.

AirTupac
10-06-2020, 05:46 PM
Did he?

Honestly probably didnt say that lol. Original poster stated that but it seemed tongue in cheek.

theballerFKA Ace
10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
LaMelo and Kawhi

Big Baller Brand is back baby!

https://cycle.media/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/la-lakers-sign-lonzo-ball-wide.gif

r0drig0lac
10-06-2020, 05:49 PM
yes, for sure West is trading PG13 for a scrub (Wiggins) with a possible contender. :facepalm

HBK_Kliq_2
10-06-2020, 05:50 PM
First the report is to dump George to Durant's team and now dump George to Curry's team. All while clippers get absolutely nothing back. Wiggins hahahah. This is probably just Klutch sports putting all this out because they don't want Kawhi to beat LeBron.

Paul George isn't going anywhere unless you give up somebody like Giannis or at worse Bradley Beal.

SouBeachTalents
10-06-2020, 05:53 PM
First the report is to dump George to Durant's team and now dump George to Curry's team. All while clippers get absolutely nothing back. Wiggins hahahah. This is probably just Klutch sports putting all this out because they don't want Kawhi to beat LeBron.

Paul George isn't going anywhere unless you give up somebody like Giannis or at worse Bradley Beal.
He still has to beat 7'1 Windhorst first

scuzzy
10-06-2020, 05:53 PM
No weight. Clips aren't going into rebuild after hauling off a half decade of picks only to get Wiggins and a #2 in a shitty Draft class.

Ballmer will want talent, it's a win now sitch with Kawhi in his prime

HBK_Kliq_2
10-06-2020, 06:00 PM
I will offer Lou and Montezl for their #2 but no George and they are stuck with Wiggins.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-06-2020, 06:01 PM
He still has to beat 7'1 Windhorst first

Kawhi has led his team in minutes or GmSc and eliminated Durant, Lebron, Harden, Curry, Giannis, Butler, Luka. Step aside.

MaxPlayer
10-06-2020, 06:02 PM
I will offer Lou and Montezl for their #2 but no George and they are stuck with Wiggins.

1. Harrell's a free agent
2. Warriors management isn't drooling retards.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-06-2020, 06:06 PM
1. Harrell's a free agent
2. Warriors management isn't drooling retards.

Can you sign and trade Harrell? But ya George for Wiggins is equally retarded was my point. You do at least get that #2 pick but Wiggins is a deal breaker. We don't want warriors to improve anyway.

Real Men Wear Green
10-06-2020, 06:16 PM
1: No, PG did not request he be #3.

2: Warriors could be getting Giannis or Embiid for that package. Shouldn't settle for George.

theballerFKA Ace
10-06-2020, 06:44 PM
Damn.

If the Warriors get PG for Wiggins, I can't see how they don't win it all if they're healthy. The only caveat besides health would be Draymond... has he completely fallen off a cliff? We'll see.

I also don't see how Kawhi is happy with that trade at all.

Forget Kawhi... I mean the Clippers can't do that. They need a star back. They already bled the assets for over half a decade. They went all in. They're in what they're in now. They have to upgrade or stay put. They can't downgrade.

If PG knows he's being shopped, you aren't going to have a happy camper on your hands next year. Have fun guys

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/520/379/22c.gif

bullettooth
10-06-2020, 06:45 PM
Do we really need Warriors and LeBron making headlines again? It's pretty tiring.

MrFonzworth
10-06-2020, 06:49 PM
Rumor: multiple sources allege OP is a fakkit.

highwhey
10-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Rumor: multiple sources allege OP is a fakkit.

WOJ: confirmed

DoctorP
10-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Clippers win this trade. Pg and Wiggins are a wash. Plus the clipps get some draft picks.

AlternativeAcc.
10-06-2020, 08:43 PM
George is still a beast.

Just needs the right leadership

Westbrick and Kawhit aint exactly LeBron or Durant. Hed flourish on the Lakers

DoctorP
10-06-2020, 08:45 PM
George is still a beast.

Just needs the right leadership

Westbrick and Kawhit aint exactly LeBron or Durant. Hed flourish on the Lakers

The guy is old already. Needs leadership to not miss shots and suck? Okkkkkk

Mask the Embiid
10-06-2020, 08:58 PM
1: No, PG did not request he be #3.

2: Warriors could be getting Giannis or Embiid for that package. Shouldn't settle for George.

Big wiggle is too good to be relegated to being a pick setter for Curry or give and goer back to curry....Thats more of a job for someone like a theis/kanter/williams type.....Big Wiggle is way too skilled to be carrying steph's bags around like those guys

LukeWalton
10-06-2020, 09:40 PM
PG for Harden

Clippers get their point guard
Rockets get some one who can be a small forward

Stephonit
10-06-2020, 09:51 PM
Wiggins has more potential. Clippers should be the ones attaching a pick if they had any.

LukeWalton
10-06-2020, 11:28 PM
you can visit my nba channel here

no one cares

raprap
10-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Why would the Clippers help a contender? Kawhi bout to bolt if this happens

greymatter
10-07-2020, 01:20 AM
LaMelo and Kawhi

Big Baller Brand is back baby!

https://cycle.media/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/la-lakers-sign-lonzo-ball-wide.gif

Mr Triple Single with a Ricky Rubio ceiling and his dumbass father. Singles of people must be aching in excitement.

NBAGOAT
10-07-2020, 01:31 AM
I don’t usually say this most people are absolute idiots in this thread this is highway robbery for golden state and a seamless retool.

Yea Wiggins improved this year and might play nicely with gs but he’s a neutral player at best who’s hugely overpaid with many years left. George fetched too much in the okc trade but this would be way too little considering Wiggins+2 in a weak draft might add up to be neutral.

Something like Myles turner and tj warren (which would sure gs up nicely) is actually close in value to Wiggins 2nd minny 1st, I guess at least warriors-lakers would be must watch

NBAGOAT
10-07-2020, 01:33 AM
Big wiggle is too good to be relegated to being a pick setter for Curry or give and goer back to curry....Thats more of a job for someone like a theis/kanter/williams type.....Big Wiggle is way too skilled to be carrying steph's bags around like those guys

So you consider a horford for Wiggins swap. Don’t love it for gs since they be paying 27mil for center but they save some money. Not great for you guys either but at least you get a wing

bobopenguin
10-07-2020, 01:57 AM
the fact ppl think warriors are still a contender proves how great curry/klay/draymond trio is.

Phoenix
10-07-2020, 03:41 AM

A 30 year old top 15 player at best for a 25 year old back to back MVP? Too insulting to even consider for a millisecond.

Roundball_Rock
10-07-2020, 11:53 AM
Has a player's stock fallen so much so fast as PG's has this postseason?

hold this L
10-07-2020, 11:58 AM
FOH

No way they're selling their pick and Wigging for Pandemic P