PDA

View Full Version : That 4th FMVP cements LeBron as consensus, undisputed 2nd GOAT

Im Still Ballin
10-07-2020, 01:55 AM
Oh... They mad.

:banana:

KingMambaFan
10-07-2020, 02:00 AM
1. MJ
2. LeBron
3. Kobe

Top 3 GOAT imo

Kobrick and Bronsexuals can gtfo and find a job

starface
10-07-2020, 02:07 AM
Second GOAT? You mean like the second to be crowned GOAT?

Nah. Hes like the 7th or 8th.

First it was Mikan, then Russell, then Wilt, Kareem, Bird, MJ, Shaq.

The question is who will be next? Currently I dont see any challengers except maybe Bronny Jr.

I KNOW you dont mean second greatest of all time.

OP I know you dont mean that shit. Tell me you dont mean that.

Tell me that aint your angle here amigo.

You dont wanna go to war. Trust me.

Tell me it’s a miscommunication.

Im Still Ballin
10-07-2020, 02:12 AM
Second GOAT? You mean like the second to be crowned GOAT?

Nah. Hes like the 7th or 8th.

First it was Mikan, then Russell, then Wilt, Kareem, Bird, MJ, Shaq.

The question is who will be next? Currently I dont see any challengers except maybe Bronny Jr.

I KNOW you dont mean second greatest of all time.

OP I know you dont mean that shit. Tell me you dont mean that.

Tell me that aint your angle here amigo.

You dont wanna go to war. Trust me.

Tell me it’s a miscommunication.

What the **** did you say to me, bitch?

https://s7.gifyu.com/images/Untitled-1007ed91c0f0c08797f.gif

1987_Lakers
10-07-2020, 02:17 AM
Definitely doesn't make it easier when arguing about the GOAT.

LeBron, MJ, & Kareem all have cases, even Bill Russell has a case depending on how you value championships.

starface
10-07-2020, 02:56 AM
What the **** did you say to me, bitch?

https://s7.gifyu.com/images/Untitled-1007ed91c0f0c08797f.gif

I said I KNOW

Your fakkit ass

Does NOT

Wanna go to war.

Im telling you. Dont push that button muchacho. We can still settle this amicably. It’s not too late to walk this tension back.

But if you confirm that you think Lebron is currently the second best of all time, and you arent willing to be reasonable and reconsider...

Thats a flagrant act of hostility and an open declaration of war.

And you dont want that with a team that has nuclear capability.

NBAGOAT
10-07-2020, 03:23 AM
Still too dismissive of Kareem, he has a case

Im Still Ballin
10-07-2020, 03:34 AM
I said I KNOW

Your fakkit ass

Does NOT

Wanna go to war.

Im telling you. Dont push that button muchacho. We can still settle this amicably. It’s not too late to walk this tension back.

But if you confirm that you think Lebron is currently the second best of all time, and you arent willing to be reasonable and reconsider...

Thats a flagrant act of hostility and an open declaration of war.

And you dont want that with a team that has nuclear capability.
https://64.media.tumblr.com/317dfd328ff475bf1e29d21881b2f6c9/2fc6f11a05bae46d-f5/s540x810/da3e4cb2b9a44f376f34783cbd8a0fac9dabc568.gifv

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0f34d1df4866c36d8bad45b06847111f/18b0aab3c211813f-a7/s500x750/4b1ae7b193cbe315c044f3b70bffd4e8617d1e90.gifv

Lebron23
10-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Still too dismissive of Kareem, he has a case

4 finals mvp is better than two. Love to see LeBron win another regular season mvp to tie michael jordan.

HylianNightmare
10-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Yes

Manny98
10-07-2020, 07:59 AM
2nd???

https://i.postimg.cc/qMBV09mD/tenor-12.gif

FireDavidKahn
10-07-2020, 08:05 AM
LeBron leading the Lakers in PPG, RPG and APG

FMVP issa wrap

ThatCoolKid
10-07-2020, 08:09 AM
AD is confirmed beta. Joined a team in his prime and old man Lebron still eats first :lol

TheGoatest
10-07-2020, 08:25 AM
AD is confirmed beta. Joined a team in his prime and old man Lebron still eats first :lol

Even if this is the only ring he ever wins in his career, his resumé with 1 ring as a beta will look infinitely better than the "empty stats" loser he was seen in New Orleans.
Now all the All-NBA teams and awards he had or will have in his career will be seen in a different light.

MaxPlayer
10-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Even if this is the only ring he ever wins in his career, his resumé with 1 ring as a beta will look infinitely better than the "empty stats" loser he was seen in New Orleans.
Now all the All-NBA teams and awards he had or will have in his career will be seen in a different light.

Good chance they'll be back in the finals next year so he'll get another crack at it

ImKobe
10-07-2020, 09:23 AM

How is he a beta? He's been the best player for the majority of the Playoffs, this is arguably the worst team they've played out of the 4 when you account for the injuries, it's what the league's mostly been since the early 2000s, where the WCF is the true Finals. Lebron should have better numbers if he keeps getting Robinson/Herro on the switch and they refuse to double him & give him the easy drive to the basket vs. the Heat doubling AD like peak Shaq all game.

red1
10-07-2020, 09:26 AM
not one... not two... not three...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnlightenedIncredibleIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

RRR3
10-07-2020, 09:30 AM
How is he a beta? He's been the best player for the majority of the Playoffs, this is arguably the worst team they've played out of the 4 when you account for the injuries, it's what the league's mostly been since the early 2000s, where the WCF is the true Finals. Lebron should have better numbers if he keeps getting Robinson/Herro on the switch and they refuse to double him & give him the easy drive to the basket vs. the Heat doubling AD like peak Shaq all game.
Typing through the tears.

8Ball
10-07-2020, 09:57 AM

They double team AD because he is inferior passer. When you double team Bron you lose.

So Heat went after the player with inferior passing skillset.

guy
10-07-2020, 10:16 AM
I'd probably put him above Kareem at this point, but still below Jordan and Russell. I think its clear though that he has the greatest longevity in history. Sure, Kareem still has more years but he really wasn't that great the last few years. I don't think its fair to just assess longevity as how long someone has stuck around but also balance it out with their level of play during that time. He's literally the best player in the league in his 17th season and he's been a top 5 at worst, arguably top 3, for 15 years straight now minus 1 injury plagued season. Pretty insane.

AlternativeAcc.
10-07-2020, 10:19 AM
I'd probably put him above Kareem at this point, but still below Jordan and Russell. I think its clear though that he has the greatest longevity in history. Sure, Kareem still has more years but he really wasn't that great the last few years. I don't think its fair to just assess longevity as how long someone has stuck around but also balance it out with their level of play during that time. He's literally the best player in the league in his 17th season and he's been a top 5 at worst, arguably top 3, for 15 years straight now minus 1 injury plagued season. Pretty insane.

Well said

To put in perspective. I'd take 17th season lebron over any other player in history

Not only is he still the best player currently, but he's still better than any peak in history (imo)

That makes him easily the sports goat. Its just not a debate.

Roundball_Rock
10-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Definitely doesn't make it easier when arguing about the GOAT.

LeBron, MJ, & Kareem all have cases, even Bill Russell has a case depending on how you value championships.

Wilt too.

Typing through the tears.

:oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-07-2020, 11:41 AM
With that longevity, Bron is easily the 2nd best player of all time imo.

4 FMVPs is the second most in history. To be fair to Russell, though, he would have the MOST had it existed then. Which would then make Jordan second and Bron third.

Wally450
10-07-2020, 11:52 AM
1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Russell
5. Bird

guy
10-07-2020, 12:55 PM
With that longevity, Bron is easily the 2nd best player of all time imo.

4 FMVPs is the second most in history. To be fair to Russell, though, he would have the MOST had it existed then. Which would then make Jordan second and Bron third.

I'm guessing you're probably right on Russell, but I'm still not sure how accurate that really is. There were a number of those finals where he wasn't even close to their top scorer and there were some losing performances in 7 game series where it could've went to an opponent like it did for West in 69 i.e. Pettit, Baylor. I think its safe to say at least a few of them would've went to someone else.

ImKobe
10-07-2020, 01:09 PM
They double team AD because he is inferior passer. When you double team Bron you lose.

So Heat went after the player with inferior passing skillset.

Not really, they double AD because he's a bigger threat to score with the size advantage he has, he can make the pass to the open 3PT shooter as well, he's a decent passer for a big man, he's averaging 3.5 assists for the Playoffs.

Stanley Kobrick
10-07-2020, 01:21 PM
Not really, they double AD because he's a bigger threat to score with the size advantage he has, he can make the pass to the open 3PT shooter as well, he's a decent passer for a big man, he's averaging 3.5 assists for the Playoffs.
Davis nearly averaging what Pau and Odom did in assists, historical bigs with great court vision

ImKobe
10-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Davis nearly averaging what Pau and Odom did, historical bigs with great court vision

Agreed, I was shocked at the 3.5 assist number because you rarely see him with the ball in his hands with Lebron & Rondo making most of the plays.

BigtimeNBAFan
10-07-2020, 01:37 PM
Wilt too.

:oldlol:

To me, Wilt's playoff performances are what takes away from him being in the goat conversation. He probably is the regular season GOAT, but he wasn't the best player on his own team during both his title runs. Jerry West was clearly the best during their 72 title run and even his 67 title Hal Greer was their primary scorer.

Stanley Kobrick
10-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Agreed, I was shocked at the 3.5 assist number because you rarely see him with the ball in his hands with Lebron & Rondo making most of the plays.
blessing in disguise as Lakers second unit offense nosedived when Rondo was out and had Davis-Kuzma running floor general (you iso, me iso, you iso). it will be interesting to see how many of anthony's points come directly from Rondo/Lebron assists or hockey assists. i suspect 85%-90%, decent but still not to par with O'neal who was exceptional at getting to his spots, dump down from Fisher and tornadoing through 2-3 players for an easy and1. always putting opposing teams in quick foul trouble every game.

Roundball_Rock
10-07-2020, 02:00 PM
To me, Wilt's playoff performances are what takes away from him being in the goat conversation. He probably is the regular season GOAT, but he wasn't the best player on his own team during both his title runs. Jerry West was clearly the best during their 72 title run and even his 67 title Hal Greer was their primary scorer.

Yeah the playoffs are a knock but he played a large chunk of those games against GOAT level defenders like Russell and Thurmond. That would be like Jordan facing Pippen as often as Wilt faced Russell or LeBron facing Kawhi as often as Wilt/Russell (not even getting to Thurmond).

In 67' he was specifically asked to focus on facilitating by his coach, which is why his scoring dropped. I think that is a plus for his case. He showed he could succeed being the GOAT scorer, could succeed as a facilitator, and then showed later on he could succeed playing the Russell role. A guy like Jordan played the same exact role his entire career, outside of a chunk of the 89' season.