PDA

View Full Version : FMVP doesn't matter for Lebron or AD

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Assuming Lakers close out on Friday.

They have CLEARLY both played at an all-time great level and it's actually crazy how close their advanced stats are. So, one of them will NOT win FMVP, but who cares?

Will people really try to say Kawhi in 2014, Iggy in 2015, Billups in 04, or Pierce in 08 were better than AD or Lebron these playoffs? That's trash. Hell AD and Lebron have both been AT LEAST as good as Kobe was in 2010 for the whole playoff run.

Anyone who tries to "lower" the value of both of these guys' playoff run is trash.

Spurs m8
10-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Considering Davis bailed him out and got him there, least he could do is give it to him

We all know no Davis, no playoffd

RRR3
10-07-2020, 05:34 PM
Considering Davis bailed him out and got him there, least he could do is give it to him

We all know no Davis, no playoffd
This dude is legit in tears rn. I love it.

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 05:35 PM
This dude is legit in tears rn. I love it.

He mad mad.

SouBeachTalents
10-07-2020, 05:37 PM
I seriously doubt AD is gonna get much hate if he doesn't win FMVP, but we all know the haters will be out in full force if LeBron doesn't, it'll be their only salvation if the Lakers win.

I agree though OP, it honestly sucks one of these guys isn't going to be FMVP, this is as close as any title winning duo I've seen throughout the playoffs, unlike Shaq/Kobe & Durant/Curry they've remained close through the Finals, though LeBron has the FMVP edge right now

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 05:38 PM
I seriously doubt AD is gonna get much hate if he doesn't win FMVP, but we all know the haters will be out in full force if LeBron doesn't, it'll pretty much be their only salvation if the Lakers win.

I agree though OP, it honestly sucks one of these guys isn't going to be FMVP, this is as close as any title winning duo I've seen throughout the playoffs, unlike Shaq/Kobe & Durant/Curry they've remained close through the Finals, though LeBron has the edge for now

Exactly, the synergy they both have on O and D is incredible. They both do so much for this Lakers team.

2ball
10-07-2020, 05:39 PM
FMVP is the only thing keeping Kareem from being the unanimous GOAT

Roundball_Rock
10-07-2020, 05:41 PM
It may in the long term. The prime example is the 1980 finals. KAJ clearly was the best player in the series, actually won the FMVP vote, but because CBS pressured people to change votes Magic got it and it has had consequences for KAJ's legacy that he has 2 FMVP instead of 3.

Why it may not matter is AD likely will finish in an ATG range where people don't get into the weeds of their resume like they do for KAJ, MJ, LeBron types.

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 05:45 PM
FMVP is the only thing keeping Kareem from being the unanimous GOAT

No it's not, you must be really young if you think that.

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 05:47 PM
It may in the long term. The prime example is the 1980 finals. KAJ clearly was the best player in the series, actually won the FMVP vote, but because CBS pressured people to change votes Magic got it and it has had consequences for KAJ's legacy that he has 2 FMVP instead of 3.

Why it may not matter is AD likely will finish in an ATG range where people don't get into the weeds of their resume like they do for KAJ, MJ, LeBron types.

Actually you just made my point. Kareem was best in that finals but didn't win FMVP...but you KNOW he was best (just like I stated in my OP regarding knowledge basketball fans).

We KNOW Steph Curry and Lebron James were better than Iguodala in the 2015 Finals.

We KNOW AD has had a legendary playoff run (if the Lakers can close the Heat out Friday). I don't care at all if he wins FMVP or not, he just needs to not choke and close out the Heat for a ring.

Axe
10-07-2020, 05:48 PM
Imagine ad getting his first potential fmvp award in his first finals trip while stephen curry never had any of that in the warriors' three title runs.

Kingwillball
10-07-2020, 05:59 PM
Why wouldn’t lebron want to be 4 for 4 in MVPs ? I mean he easily could have a few more in losing efforts. Also how many players have had finals MVPs with 3 different teams ?

StrongLurk
10-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Why wouldn’t lebron want to be 4 for 4 in MVPs ? I mean he easily could have a few more in losing efforts. Also how many players have had finals MVPs with 3 different teams ?

Those are completely secondary compared to Lebron's LEVEL OF PLAY.

Which FMVP was better, Kawhi in 2014 or MJ in 1991? If you just went on counting FMVP, then you are ranking those as equal which is clearly wrong.

What's more important is how did Lebron play, who were his teammates, who was his competition, etc.

Who was better in 2015, Iggy or Curry...we know it was Curry. Awards are nice...but they are just nice.

Kingwillball
10-07-2020, 06:06 PM
Those are completely secondary compared to Lebron's LEVEL OF PLAY.

Which FMVP was better, Kawhi in 2014 or MJ in 1991? If you just went on counting FMVP, then you are ranking those as equal which is clearly wrong.

What's more important is how did Lebron play, who were his teammates, who was his competition, etc.

Who was better in 2015, Iggy or Curry...we know it was Curry. Awards are nice...but they are just nice.

With that said unless lebron leaves gm early or has hoorible gm and AD has 40+ and carries team to clinching win its a wrap. With extra days rest I fully expect lebron to have his best gm of the series and close it out fri night. It’s 80% lebron getting it.

light
10-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Assuming Lakers close out on Friday.

They have CLEARLY both played at an all-time great level and it's actually crazy how close their advanced stats are. So, one of them will NOT win FMVP, but who cares?

Will people really try to say Kawhi in 2014, Iggy in 2015, Billups in 04, or Pierce in 08 were better than AD or Lebron these playoffs? That's trash. Hell AD and Lebron have both been AT LEAST as good as Kobe was in 2010 for the whole playoff run.

Anyone who tries to "lower" the value of both of these guys' playoff run is trash.

AD legit sucked in game 3 and was responsible for a loss. His 15/5/3 was a joke.

greymatter
10-07-2020, 07:53 PM
I seriously doubt AD is gonna get much hate if he doesn't win FMVP, but we all know the haters will be out in full force if LeBron doesn't, it'll be their only salvation if the Lakers win.

I agree though OP, it honestly sucks one of these guys isn't going to be FMVP, this is as close as any title winning duo I've seen throughout the playoffs, unlike Shaq/Kobe & Durant/Curry they've remained close through the Finals, though LeBron has the FMVP edge right now

The only reason why Lebron is ahead is because he has the added responsibility of running the offense, which TBH hasn't been that good the last 2 games. He's been a TO machine and still has way too many possessions where he dribbles down the clock, doesn't bother calling for a pick, then either hoists a low percentage shot or dumps it off to someone else to take a low percentage shot. As far as just scoring, efficiency, and defensive impact goes, They're even on offense but AD has a clear edge on D because he's been able to shut down Butler while Lebron got roasted by him.

AD has made more clutch plays so far between hitting big shots and shutting down the rim. If he weren't equally as bad as Lebron in game 3, this would be a no brainer right now. If the series were over after game 4, I'd argue that AD is more deserving overall.