PDA

View Full Version : Luol Deng is still on Lakers payroll

Nike D'Antoni
10-09-2020, 10:29 PM
He should get a championship if Lakers win.

MrFonzworth
10-09-2020, 11:12 PM
Goes to show how far in a shithole the franchise was before He showed up

KOBEtherealKing
10-09-2020, 11:55 PM
:lol

Kiddlovesnets
10-10-2020, 01:09 AM
Hmm it simply showed how shitty Jim Buss was singing two garbage contract to screw it up for Jeannie Buss and Lakers.

Nike D'Antoni
01-17-2021, 04:23 PM
My god

the Lakers are paying Luol Deng $5M this year AND $5M next year

hahaha.

L.Kizzle
01-17-2021, 04:28 PM
Allan Houston was on Knicks payroll until what, 2 years ago.

Xiao Yao You
01-17-2021, 04:31 PM
Allan Houston was on Knicks payroll until what, 2 years ago.

He works for them

L.Kizzle
01-17-2021, 04:38 PM
He works for them
I mean, his player contract.

highwhey
01-17-2021, 04:49 PM
Goes to show how far in a shithole the franchise was before He showed up

LeBron transformed this dumpster fire of a franchise into a title winning contender overnight basically. Even making their incompetent GM look good.

Nike D'Antoni
01-17-2021, 04:52 PM
It was Mitch Kupchak who signed Deng, 7-time NBA champion as NBA executive.

He is now working for the Hornets, and signed Gordon Hayward's contract.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-17-2021, 05:14 PM
5m LA cant use and still won a ring last year. Had to get rid of a 2nd pick, Russel just to be free of Mozgov's contract.

Somehow Orlando is eating Mozgov's 5.5m till 2022.

Idiot Jimmy and Mitch.

jalbert009
01-17-2021, 05:50 PM
LeBron transformed this dumpster fire of a franchise into a title winning contender overnight basically. Even making their incompetent GM look good.

You mean the addition of Davis turned this franchise into a contender over night because if my memory is correct Lebron missed the playoffs his first year in the Lakers.

highwhey
01-17-2021, 05:52 PM
You mean the addition of Davis turned this franchise into a contender over night because if my memory is correct Lebron missed the playoffs his first year in the Lakers.

he was hurt and wasn't working with much talent wise. he put some work as LeGM to get a proper cast and took them to the finals and as a result, a championship. AD was a great addition, but he himself couldn't lead that team to a title.

theballerFKA Ace
01-17-2021, 06:46 PM

Ahem. I think you mean AD. The Lakers with Lebron were 37-45 before AD showed up.

jalbert009
01-17-2021, 09:11 PM
he was hurt and wasn't working with much talent wise. he put some work as LeGM to get a proper cast and took them to the finals and as a result, a championship. AD was a great addition, but he himself couldn't lead that team to a title.

Hey man I think Lebron is the GOAT of his generation and has the GOAT longetivity but I feel that comments like this makes some people hate on Lebron more. He didn't change Lakers over night like you stated as I mentioned he missed playoffs in first season and he had Ingram who was already a borderline all star that season and had great vets like Rondo and Chandler. Yes He was injured that season but even with the 55 games he was playing the Lakers were already in trouble of missing the playoffs.

I do think Lebron with the right pieces around him and another Top talent can turn a franchise into a contender and in this situation it was Davis who did that. Lebron was the piece that made that Lakers into an attractive destination though for a player of Davis' calibre.

Axe
01-17-2021, 09:14 PM
Dumpster you say but that franchise has already won a total of 16 chips the moment he came into the team.

bladefd
01-17-2021, 09:45 PM
My god

the Lakers are paying Luol Deng $5M this year AND $5M next year

hahaha.

Deng got all his money couple years ago. He is only on the books per nba rules, but Lakers have technically been done paying him years ago.

It's just how stretch provision works. Player gets full money on time as agreed in contract, but nba books stretch it out over 5yrs for booking purposes.

light
01-17-2021, 10:42 PM
Ahem. I think you mean AD. The Lakers with Lebron were 37-45 before AD showed up.

But even if you ignore that they were the 4th seed in the West before LeBron's injury and even if you think they were 37-45 healthy and that they just stunk - it was LeBron that brought AD over. The whole AD to Los Angeles thing was because of LeBron James. So it still applies. LeBron James was the one that turned the Lakers into a contender and champion. The whole team is built around him and constructed to his liking.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
01-17-2021, 10:51 PM

Lakers 3 month into the season had 4th seed until Lebron was out with the groin injury(after Christmas). If you actually watch Laker games ypu would know Lonzo, Ingram, Hart missed significant games due to injury.

Its like me saying "Durant never won anything until he had Curry/Klay/Green/Iggy". Oh wait thats actually alot more then any other star ever had.

Axe
01-17-2021, 11:32 PM
Lakers 3 month into the season had 4th seed until Lebron was out with the groin injury(after Christmas). If you actually watch Laker games ypu would know Lonzo, Ingram, Hart missed significant games due to injury.
It makes me strongly wonder how that team would have end up in the playoffs, had king kong not receive an injury to the groin.

Shooter
01-18-2021, 03:16 AM

Yeah and AD's Pelicans won 35 that year...Stay fu**ed :lol