PDA

View Full Version : I used to think that the J.R. Smith play was the most braindead play in history

TheGoatest
10-09-2020, 11:43 PM
It would've taken a play of cosmic stupidity to knock it off the top spot, but somehow Markieff Morris pulled it off.

Gohan
10-09-2020, 11:45 PM
The problem with everyone is they forget it is really hard to play basketball. Put most people in jr smiths position and they make a stupid mistake too

NBAGOAT
10-09-2020, 11:46 PM
Those end of game situations are panic inducing

FKAri
10-09-2020, 11:48 PM
JR Smith's was worse.

RogueBorg
10-09-2020, 11:50 PM
It would've taken a play of cosmic stupidity to knock it off the top spot, but somehow Markieff Morris pulled it off.

That's what you get when arguably the greatest player of all-time passes up the last shot, some scrub ends up with the ball.

TheGoatest
10-09-2020, 11:52 PM
JR Smith's was worse.

Naw man, an uncontested turnover on a potential championship-winning possession? I can't imagine a dumber play.

TheGoatest
10-09-2020, 11:53 PM
That's what you get when arguably the greatest player of all-time passes up the last shot, some scrub ends up with the ball.

Markieff passed it to LeBron?
But at least you admit that LeBron's supporting cast are scrubs, so that's good.

Fedor - Laker
10-09-2020, 11:59 PM
Lmfao Markief is the dumbest player in history. 2 IQ player and person

greymatter
10-10-2020, 12:01 AM
The problem with everyone is they forget it is really hard to play basketball. Put most people in jr smiths position and they make a stupid mistake too

Most people aren't professional basketball players in the NBA getting paid millions.

G0ATbe
10-10-2020, 12:02 AM
Very similar plays too. Bron wide open, all they had to do was pass it to him. Too stupid to realize it till it was too late. I have no doubt Bron would've nailed the gamewinner if he got that pass tonight.

Mr. Jabbar
10-10-2020, 12:03 AM
Markieff is a great combination of choker and low iq, excels at both

And1AllDay
10-10-2020, 12:05 AM
pressure got his low iq ass

Noyze
10-10-2020, 12:09 AM
I think Markieff Morris is kinda dumb but I don't blame him for the bad pass. He was lucky to even get the rebound, Lakers just needed to make a better play, maybe Green just hits a wide open jumper idk.

FireDavidKahn
10-10-2020, 10:47 AM
That play sums up the type of teammates he has had to deal with his whole career.

red1
10-10-2020, 10:50 AM
not even comparable. markieff was trying to make a good play getting it into AD. he just rushed it.

JR had a legit brainfreeze

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 11:20 AM
That play sums up the type of teammates he has had to deal with his whole career.

What?

He's played with great help overall for a decade now.

Gus Hemmingway
10-10-2020, 12:16 PM
What?

He's played with great help overall for a decade now.

Which of LeBron’s teams make the playoffs without him this decade?

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 12:32 PM

I don't know what kind of question this is or what you are getting at, but I just want to be clear.

Are you arguing Lebron hasn't played with quality help overall for the last 10 years?

tpols
10-10-2020, 12:36 PM
I don't know what kind of question this is or what you are getting at, but I just want to be clear.

Are you arguing Lebron hasn't played with quality help overall for the last 10 years?

it must be weird as a Dirk fan hearing them say this stuff when his best teammate was jason terry, and bran played with AD, Wade, Kyrie, Bosh and Love.

:lol :facepalm

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 12:44 PM
it must be weird as a Dirk fan hearing them say this stuff when his best teammate was jason terry, and bran played with AD, Wade, Kyrie, Bosh and Love.

:lol :facepalm

Yep, this is one reason Lebron gets so much hate. His fans are often crazy and pretend that everyone he's played with sucks. Kobe fans did the same thing.

But, you are right, Dirk got like two prime years with an injury plagued Nash that couldn't handle physical basketball...and then couldn't even get a legit all-star for the rest of his career....super annoying to hear people complain about help when it comes to Lebron.

Still think the Heat are winning this series, so it is just fans trying to pretend like everyone around him sucks in case they blow it...and I really think they are going to blow it...so I guess I should expect the nonsense to begin early.

Gus Hemmingway
10-10-2020, 12:47 PM

Nope, relative to their competition, Dirk had more help in the 2000s than LeBron had in the 2010s

How many years did LeBron have the most talented team in the league? Dirks 2003-2007 cast were much better relative to the league at that time

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Nope, relative to their competition, Dirk had more help in the 2000s than LeBron had in the 2010s

How many years did LeBron have the most talented team in the league? Dirks 2003-2007 cast were much better relative to the league at that time

They really weren't, it isn't comparable at all...although the 03 Mavs were awesome. They were definitely at legit title contending supporting cast.

Nash in 03 and 04 with the defensive rules while injured, wasn't the player he would be....and I'd love to see Lebron win a title with Jason Terry as his 2nd best player. Lebron couldn't even get out of the East with Dirk level help in 09 and 10.

Doesn't change the fact that Lebron is a clear better player than pretty much everyone outside of two or three guys all time, but he's played with loads of talent since 2010...denying that is just idiotic.

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 12:58 PM
They really weren't, it isn't comparable at all...although the 03 Mavs were awesome. They were definitely at legit title contending supporting cast.

Nash in 03 and 04 with the defensive rules while injured, wasn't the player he would be....and I'd love to see Lebron win a title with Jason Terry as his 2nd best player. Lebron couldn't even get out of the East with Dirk level help in 09 and 10.

Doesn't change the fact that Lebron is a clear better player than pretty much everyone outside of two or three guys all time, but he's played with loads of talent since 2010...denying that is just idiotic.

Also, relative to competition? The Kings/Spurs/Lakers/Heat in the time you are talking about was easily better than what Lebron was facing on a historically loaded Heat squad. But tell me more how the old Celtics, Rose led Bulls, and Playoff P led Pacers was so hard...:facepalm

tpols
10-10-2020, 01:10 PM
Yep, this is one reason Lebron gets so much hate. His fans are often crazy and pretend that everyone he's played with sucks. Kobe fans did the same thing.

But, you are right, Dirk got like two prime years with an injury plagued Nash that couldn't handle physical basketball...and then couldn't even get a legit all-star for the rest of his career....super annoying to hear people complain about help when it comes to Lebron.

Still think the Heat are winning this series, so it is just fans trying to pretend like everyone around him sucks in case they blow it...and I really think they are going to blow it...so I guess I should expect the nonsense to begin early.

I dont think Kobe fans downplayed his help as much... Pau Gasol is not Anthony Davis. He's not Dwayne Wade. But people constantly said Kobe was "carried" by Pau... a guy who was 0-12 in the playoffs with no All NBA teams before he went to the Lakers. Even AD had far more accolades, playoff success, and acclaim before LA, and people act like bron has no help still when he's playing with a guy that is putting up KAJ lines even if you cut off 15% of his productions due to the bubble.

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 01:16 PM
I dont think Kobe fans downplayed his help as much... Pau Gasol is not Anthony Davis. He's not Dwayne Wade. But people constantly said Kobe was "carried" by Pau... a guy who was 0-12 in the playoffs with no All NBA teams before he went to the Lakers. Even AD had far more accolades, playoff success, and acclaim before LA, and people act like bron has no help still when he's playing with a guy that is putting up KAJ lines even if you cut off 15% of his productions due to the bubble.

I kind of agree, but Kobe fans really did not like circumstances being brought up when it came to their arguments about Kobe winning titles.

What is crazy about Lebron fans is that...Lebron is so good....you don't have to make a team argument for him...the winning is not the core reason he's ranked where he is...yet they still play this weird game of claiming that a guy like Dirk played with as much help...as if anyone is ever taking Dirk over Lebron regardless if Lebron played with 10 times better help.

Just annoying and not reality based at all.

tpols
10-10-2020, 01:27 PM
I kind of agree, but Kobe fans really did not like circumstances being brought up when it came to their arguments about Kobe winning titles.

What is crazy about Lebron fans is that...Lebron is so good....you don't have to make a team argument for him...the winning is not the core reason he's ranked where he is...yet they still play this weird game of claiming that a guy like Dirk played with as much help...as if anyone is ever taking Dirk over Lebron regardless if Lebron played with 10 times better help.

Just annoying and not reality based at all.

I think most organizations in the league would take Dirk over Lebron given what we know in hindsight how willing he is to switch organizations.

Meanwhile Dirk is one of the most loyal players ever. He even sonned him H2H lol.

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 01:33 PM
I think most organizations in the league would take Dirk over Lebron given what we know in hindsight how willing he is to switch organizations.

Meanwhile Dirk is one of the most loyal players ever. He even sonned him H2H lol.

That is a different argument. Lebron is clearly the better player.

Fedor - Laker
10-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Who cares about Pau's accolades or his past before pairing up with Kobe, he was considered a top all star and even Popovich cried from an investigation into that trade. Fact is, once Pau joined the Lakers mid season, they instantly went to the finals that season, then won back to back titles after that.

Wally450
10-10-2020, 03:06 PM
JR Smith's was worse.

This. Morris just went with the entry pass but sailed it into orbit. :lol

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Who cares about Pau's accolades or his past before pairing up with Kobe, he was considered a top all star and even Popovich cried from an investigation into that trade. Fact is, once Pau joined the Lakers mid season, they instantly went to the finals that season, then won back to back titles after that.

Right, this is a good point.

And you'll notice that he thinks Davis is one of the best players of all time...yet Davis hasn't done anything noteworthy in the playoffs on his own. I think it is obvious that Davis is a better player than Pau was, but the double standards just never seem to stop both Kobe and Lebron fans.

tpols
10-10-2020, 03:25 PM

Popovich was routinely tortured by Kobe, so of course he did. He did the same thing with Chris Paul a couple years later. The league was TERRIFIED of giving Kobe a top player. Now... when it comes to Pau Gasol... he was an all star. A "top all star"? No. He was a bench all star. And never made an All NBA team which means he wasn't even considered a top 15 player. Bosh and Love both made All NBA teams before they migrated from their original teams. And they were considered "scrubs" when they played with Lebron. Anthony Davis? I can give you a handful of articles right now, in about 4 seconds that say he was considered a top 5 player in the game and superstar talent.

The fact is, the mid 2000's Lakers made the playoffs for two years before Pau came over, and were the 3 seed in 2008 BEFORE he got traded to them. Lebron's Lakers didn't even make the playoffs without Anthony Davis.

So it's totally apples and oranges.

DMAVS41
10-10-2020, 03:46 PM
Popovich was routinely tortured by Kobe, so of course he did. He did the same thing with Chris Paul a couple years later. The league was TERRIFIED of giving Kobe a top player. Now... when it comes to Pau Gasol... he was an all star. A "top all star"? No. He was a bench all star. And never made an All NBA team which means he wasn't even considered a top 15 player. Bosh and Love both made All NBA teams before they migrated from their original teams. And they were considered "scrubs" when they played with Lebron. Anthony Davis? I can give you a handful of articles right now, in about 4 seconds that say he was considered a top 5 player in the game and superstar talent.

The fact is, the mid 2000's Lakers made the playoffs for two years before Pau came over, and were the 3 seed in 2008 BEFORE he got traded to them. Lebron's Lakers didn't even make the playoffs without Anthony Davis.

So it's totally apples and oranges.

And yet Lebron will rightfully go down as a better player than Kobe.

Clifton
10-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Lebron had two other all-stars on his team every year for 8 straight years. He also played in the weaker conference that whole time. All of those teams would have made the playoffs without him.

This year he's only got one other all-star but Anthony Davis is the best player he's ever played with. (Wade's prime was vanishingly short and had already started to slip by 2011.)

This is a pretty odd thing to say. I'm not sure why I'm responding to it. His ability to move and shake such that he has either two all-stars or one other historic talent on his team at all times is what will define his career. It's not a knock on him; it's just his way of being a winner. Everyone who was an epic winner did it slightly differently (think Kareem, Russell, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe).