PDA

View Full Version : What players are you ranking Jimmy Butler over due to this run?

Nilocon165
10-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Undoubtedly top ten

Passed PG for sure

What about Harden, Westbrook, or Dame?

Manny98
10-12-2020, 12:47 PM
My current top 20

1. LeBron

GAP

2. AD
3. Kawhi
4. Giannis
5.KD
6. Curry
7. Harden
8. Butler
9. Doncic
10. Lillard
11. Jokic
12. Embiid
13. CP3
14. PG
15. Kyrie
16. Simmons
17. Murray
18. Tatum
19. Westbrook
20. Middleton

Phoenix
10-12-2020, 12:56 PM
I had Butler and PG13 somewhere in that 11-13 range and wavered before on who I'd rank higher. He's comfortably much better as a lead player and big game talent. If it wasn't obvious before it definitely is as of now. Butler is maybe like 11th and PG13...eh he's probably like 15th.

bison
10-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Better than Westbrook and PG yes. Not sure about putting him above Lillard. He’s not above doncic and jokic tho.

Lebron_James
10-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Butler defo seperated himself from Paul George.

Mr. Woke
10-12-2020, 01:55 PM
IMO he isn't a top 10 player right now.

Unlike others, I am not a reactionary individual.

JimiKage
10-12-2020, 01:59 PM

He was sensational in the playoffs last year for Philly as well

Mr. Woke
10-12-2020, 02:28 PM
He was sensational in the playoffs last year for Philly as well

Not enough buddy boy.

Gimme Harden any day of the week over Butler.

Micku
10-12-2020, 02:38 PM
Wherever PG is, he's above him after this playoff run. It's not even that he has more talent than PG. I think PG at his peak is better. But Butler has the mentality. You put Butler mentality into PG, then they could've beat Denver lol.

NBAGOAT
10-12-2020, 02:41 PM
butler has a good case for top 10 now but I wouldnt put him in the top 5 for sure. top 7 is still some combo of lebron, ad, giannis, kawhi, harde, luka, jokic. once you get to lillard and embiid, butler has an argument

Micku
10-12-2020, 02:48 PM
butler has a good case for top 10 now but I wouldnt put him in the top 5 for sure. top 7 is still some combo of lebron, ad, giannis, kawhi, harde, luka, jokic. once you get to lillard and embiid, butler has an argument

I'm not too sure if he is better than Dame or Embiid in talent or individual capability. But I suppose you do have an argument considering the intangibles he brings.

PeroAntic
10-12-2020, 04:55 PM
PG 13% is not even in the same league as Jimmy. Hes also better than Harden, Giannis, Lillard and Embiid as of now. The first two are stat stuffing one trick ponies who crumble when it matters, Dame is a terrible defender, and Embiid is made of glass. Not sure about Doncic and Jokic, but Butler is simply the whole package (I expect his three ball to return next season). Ultimate team player, leader and scorer.

Im so nba'd out
10-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Look idc where u rank him...just have him ahead of luka and the list is fair

Mr. Woke
10-12-2020, 09:19 PM
He ain't a top 10 player IMO.

He is not on Harden's level.

Nilocon165
05-29-2021, 03:30 PM
Lol

Axe
05-29-2021, 06:08 PM
:roll:

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2021, 06:11 PM
PG 13% is not even in the same league as Jimmy. Hes also better than Harden, Giannis, Lillard and Embiid as of now. The first two are stat stuffing one trick ponies who crumble when it matters, Dame is a terrible defender, and Embiid is made of glass. Not sure about Doncic and Jokic, but Butler is simply the whole package (I expect his three ball to return next season). Ultimate team player, leader and scorer.

lolol

And1AllDay
05-29-2021, 08:54 PM

this dude never had a good take since mar 2016 :oldlol:

PeroAntic
05-29-2021, 10:09 PM

You are the stupidest poster here (by far) and youve been around a lot longer, so I wouldnt talk about bad takes if I were you. Leave it to Lebron slurpers to have goldfish memory about evry thing not related to their hero.

Axe
05-29-2021, 10:14 PM
Embarrassing

PeroAntic
05-29-2021, 10:19 PM
Embarrassing

hey retard, I thought DRose was finished, tell me how come hes the best Knicks player in the playoffs?

ELITEpower23
05-29-2021, 10:20 PM
hey retard, I thought DRose was finished, tell me how come hes the best Knicks player in the playoffs?

I mean what was his competition? 14 on 24% Orange Julius Randle?

Axe
05-29-2021, 10:21 PM
Huh, what are you crying on about? I never did imply about that. :confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 12:12 AM
I like butler but he got hot during a weird playoff year. It was an anomaly not the norm. Dude is a borderline all star at best. He's not a top 10.

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 07:16 AM
I like butler but he got hot during a weird playoff year. It was an anomaly not the norm. Dude is a borderline all star at best. He's not a top 10.

No, this year was the anomaly because he quit. 'Borderline allstar' smh, the man had MVP level numbers + impact in the regular season. What happened in this playoffs is way more inexplicable and out of order than last year.

Akeem34TheDream
05-30-2021, 07:34 AM

Great take.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2021, 07:37 AM

borderline all-star? LMAO

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 10:31 AM
No, this year was the anomaly because he quit. 'Borderline allstar' smh, the man had MVP level numbers + impact in the regular season. What happened in this playoffs is way more inexplicable and out of order than last year.

He does not have mvp numbers. He's not anything close to mvp caliber player. And last year was not the norm.

13- 13pts ppg 43%
14- 14 ppg 39%
15- 23 ppg 44%
17- 23 ppg 43%
18-16 ppg 44%
19- 19 ppg 45%
20- 24 ppg 48%

Out of his 7 playoff performances less than half did he score 20 points or more and there's only one year where he shot over 45%. I'd hardly call last year the norm.

And in the last 3 years he has 1 all star selection. He's literally a borderline all star at the moment. He probably dosn't make another one.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 10:32 AM
borderline all-star? LMAO

He made 1 all star in the last 3 years and probably never makes another one. What would you call that?

dbugz
05-30-2021, 10:32 AM
15th-20

Shooter
05-30-2021, 10:35 AM

Jesus :roll::roll:

No more posting privileges for 24 hours after this shit take :lol

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 10:36 AM
And in the last 3 years he has 1 all star selection. He's literally a borderline all star at the moment. He probably dosn't make another one.
Its because he was injured and you know it, so stop lying. His 2020/2021 regular season stats and impact are MVP level. Taking this bizarre series with Milwaukee as some kind of benchmark is nothing but being prisoner of the moment.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 10:37 AM
Its because he was injured and you know it, so stop lying. His 2020/2021 regular season stats and impact are MVP level. Taking this bizarre series with Milwaukee as some kind of benchmark is nothing but being prisoner of the moment.

But your take on Butler after his Finals run wasn't? :lol :roll:

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 10:45 AM

I didn't say this year was a bench mark. All i said was last year wasn't the norm and I already proved that it wasn't. Last year was no more close to his playoff norm than this year was. Both were anomalies on different ends of the scale. His truth lies somewhere in the middle of the 2 performances

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 10:50 AM
But your take on Butler after his Finals run wasn't? :lol :roll:

No dumbass, I have been saying that Jimmy is one of the best players in the world for years before that.

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 10:51 AM
I didn't say this year was a bench mark. All i said was last year wasn't the norm and I already proved that it wasn't. Last year was no more close to his playoff norm than this year was. Both were anomalies on different ends of the scale. His truth lies somewhere in the middle of the 2 performances

Disagree, this year is much further on the scale from the truth than last year.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 10:51 AM
No dumbass, I have been saying that Jimmy is one of the best players in the world for years before that.

Oh, so then you never said anything and kept in your little head. You just got a little bounce in your voice once he finally made a Finals? :lol Keep that bounce out of your voice, you have a lot to learn.

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 10:54 AM
Oh, so then you never said anything and kept in your little head. You just got a little bounce in your voice once he finally made a Finals? :lol Keep that bounce out of your voice, you have a lot to learn.

:facepalm

What the f do you know what I said or did not say? Go jack off on Lebron posters you idiot. Only a Lebron stain can hype up Butler in one thread because it fits his Lebron agenda, and shit on him in another at the same time. The lowest IQ of any fans out there, confirmed so many times.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Disagree, this year is much further on the scale from the truth than last year.

Well he's 18 on 44% for his career. He was 15 on 30% this year and 24 on 48% last year. So while his efficiency last year was closer to his norm his ppg wasn't.

PeroAntic
05-30-2021, 11:15 AM
Well he's 18 on 44% for his career. He was 15 on 30% this year and 24 on 48% last year. So while his efficiency last year was closer to his norm his ppg wasn't.

Youre dishonest again since youre using his early years before he became Jimmy Butler of today to bring his averages down. Im talking about overall performance, for which efficiency is a better indicator.

Shooter
05-30-2021, 11:17 AM
:facepalm

What the f do you know what I said or did not say? Go jack off on Lebron posters you idiot. Only a Lebron stain can hype up Butler in one thread because it fits his Lebron agenda, and shit on him in another at the same time. The lowest IQ of any fans out there, confirmed so many times.

Sounds like today has been a tough day for you. Continue building upon your mental fortitude so that basic encounters such as this one do not perpetually trigger you into becoming a beta bitch.

As for your statement, when did I shit on Butler? Thanks for playing.

Bronbron23
05-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Youre dishonest again since youre using his early years before he became Jimmy Butler of today to bring his averages down. Im talking about overall performance, for which efficiency is a better indicator.

I'm not being dishonest i'm jist giving you the numbers. But even if you want to take off his first 2 years he's still not amazing overall. He had a few good runs and a few ok ones. All in all he's a fairly inconsistent playoff performer. Some nights he looks amazing others he looks ok. Again last year definitely wasn't the norm. It's no coincidence that he had his best playoff run during the bubble year which also happens to be the easiest scoring era ever.