PDA

View Full Version : Laker Exec: So-called rivals spent hundreds of millions of dollars on media cycles

AirTupac
10-12-2020, 12:41 PM
No surprise. More Billboards. Streetlights over spotlights. We over Me.

Said one senior Lakers executive, "While some of our so-called rivals spent literally hundreds of millions of dollars trying to win media cycles, we kept our heads down and focused on basketball -- because the only thing we've ever cared about winning is championships."

From Ramona's article on ESPN... so Ballmer paying media is real? That must be a quote about Ballmer.

Charlie Sheen
10-12-2020, 12:52 PM
No surprise. More Billboards. Streetlights over spotlights. We over Me.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's not just about billboards. The Lakers really just get by on their legacy these days. Jeannie and Jimmy don't give a damn about the community outreach programs that really made LA a Lakers city. Ballmer is doing that work now.

AirTupac
10-12-2020, 01:06 PM
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's not just about billboards. The Lakers really just get by on their legacy these days. Jeannie and Jimmy don't give a damn about the community outreach programs that really made LA a Lakers city. Ballmer is doing that work now.

Its hilarious. The same news media cycles that they are paying media outlets off with are the ones your getting information from. Do you have any idea how involved Jeanie Buss is with the community? She literally won an award a few years ago for "Recognized for Community Outreach"

https://news.usc.edu/trojan-family/lakers-jeanie-buss-recognized-for-community-outreach/

This is just a couple of the things shes heavily involved in. She does so much more. But keep talking about how Jeanie doesnt do anything based off what again?

Charlie Sheen
10-12-2020, 01:11 PM
Its hilarious. The same news media cycles that they are paying media outlets off with are the ones your getting information from. Do you have any idea how involved Jeanie Buss is with the community? She literally won an award a few years ago for "Recognized for Community Outreach"

https://news.usc.edu/trojan-family/lakers-jeanie-buss-recognized-for-community-outreach/

This is just a couple of the things shes heavily involved in. She does so much more. But keep talking about how Jeanie doesnt do anything based off what again?

Based off my first hand experience and what I've seen living in the Los Angeles area? The Clippers have been the more visible franchise in the community since Ballmer took over.

AirTupac
10-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Based off my first hand experience and what I've seen living in the Los Angeles area? The Clippers have been the more visible franchise in the community since Ballmer took over.

No they dont. This ***** straight lying through his teeth :oldlol: