PDA

View Full Version : AD PROVED he is better than Giannis

StrongLurk
10-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Giannis took another hit this year with his second round performance. He had an insane regular season but didn't play up to his standards in the second round.

Based on stats, impact, and eye test, AD to me beat Giannis in all categories in the playoffs.

light
10-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Giannis took another hit this year with his second round performance. He had an insane regular season but didn't play up to his standards in the second round.

Based on stats, impact, and eye test, AD to me beat Giannis in all categories in the playoffs.

Bron would've won with Giannis too, though.

Giannis and AD would not have won anything if they were together. They would've flamed out like Kawhi and George or Harden and Westbrook.

Marchesk
10-12-2020, 07:56 PM

Kind of helps to have Lebron as your teammate. When did AD lead the Pelicans to a conference final before being traded to LA?

Im so nba'd out
10-12-2020, 07:58 PM
He's been better.He just needs someone to bird feed him to score.Outside of that he's better than giannis @ everything other than playmaking...

Giannis can only score in 5 out giannis ball.Ad can score with bad spacing giannis cant

Axe
10-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Ad helped giannis's younger sibling to a chip. How isn't that awesome.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Davis is just a top tier sidekick. He didn't prove shit, really. He's Anthony Pippen 0 finals MVPS for life.

If you put giannis on kawhi's team? Giannis wins a ring as well.

Xiao Yao You
10-12-2020, 08:50 PM
I'll take the guy who leads is team to wins not ing pong balls

StrongLurk
10-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Seriously no one can convince me that Giannis is better than AD.

AD was an elite shooter the whole playoffs, especially from three and the free throw line. Defense is a wash between them.

AD even made an amazing buzzer beater against the Nuggets.

How many guys have done what AD did? - 66.5 TS%, 29.6 PER, .284 WS/48, 8.7 BPM...those are legendary numbers for a playoff run, Shaq-like advanced stats.

DMAVS41
10-12-2020, 09:11 PM
No, that isn't how it works.

Maybe one could argue you'd rather have AD as the 2nd best player on the team, but even then it would be player dependent. Obviously AD/Lebron is a better pairing than Lebron/Giannis...

But you don't get the nod over the back to back MVP because you join one of the best players ever and win a title...or at least it shouldn't.

tanibanana
10-12-2020, 09:23 PM
AD can fit better to any kind of team structure and system. While Giannis needs a team suits for him.
Giannis obviously has the better peak (2x-MVP), but most people can sense Davis will have a longer/better prime.

TheCorporation
10-12-2020, 09:24 PM
LeElevate

Amazing stuff he continues to do

StrongLurk
10-12-2020, 09:25 PM
No, that isn't how it works.

Maybe one could argue you'd rather have AD as the 2nd best player on the team, but even then it would be player dependent. Obviously AD/Lebron is a better pairing than Lebron/Giannis...

But you don't get the nod over the back to back MVP because you join one of the best players ever and win a title...or at least it shouldn't.

Show me where I said AD was better than Giannis because of winning a chip.

Wait you can't, because I didn't say that. I said based off of advanced stats, style of play/portability, and eye-test, AD is better than Giannis.

AD just put up 66.5 TS%, 29.6 PER, .284 WS/48, 8.7 BPM over 21 playoff games...and clearly he was really good before joining the Lakers, he just had injury problems along with his teammates getting injured/being average talent.

AD shot 42% from three, 94% from FT against the Heat...Giannis shot 21% from three and 54% from FT against the Heat...AD's skillset is better than Giannis'.

SO DMAVS, SHOW ME YOUR ARGUMENT FOR GIANNIS THIS YEAR.

DMAVS41
10-12-2020, 11:50 PM
Show me where I said AD was better than Giannis because of winning a chip.

Wait you can't, because I didn't say that. I said based off of advanced stats, style of play/portability, and eye-test, AD is better than Giannis.

AD just put up 66.5 TS%, 29.6 PER, .284 WS/48, 8.7 BPM over 21 playoff games...and clearly he was really good before joining the Lakers, he just had injury problems along with his teammates getting injured/being average talent.

AD shot 42% from three, 94% from FT against the Heat...Giannis shot 21% from three and 54% from FT against the Heat...AD's skillset is better than Giannis'.

SO DMAVS, SHOW ME YOUR ARGUMENT FOR GIANNIS THIS YEAR.

You are making that argument because you said he "proved" it...

You don't "prove" you are better by playing 2nd option next to Lebron. You aren't making a fair comparison.

The argument for Giannis? Playing better basketball and leading his team as the best player in a way Davis hasn't done.

And I'm higher on Davis than most...most reasonable people at least...and I'm fine with someone saying Davis is better.....he just didn't "prove" it by playing next to Lebron. Like I said before, that isn't how this shit works. Leading a team as the clear cut best player is really hard.