PDA

View Full Version : If lebrons the GOAT, why doesn't he bring in the viewership?

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 02:55 PM
MJ, Tiger woods, Brady, all these GOATS whenever they're on, no matter what team they're playing or what's going on in the world at the time, they'll always bring in a massive amount of viewers, they're must-see TV, especially Jordan, hence why he's the GOAT. Yet, Lebron the supposed face of the nba has the NBA's ratings in the gutter, he isn't must-see TV, no one's tripping over themselves to watch him play like they did Jordan. One can easily argue that Curry brings in more viewership than Lebron, so how can he be the GOAT, if he isn't growing the sport and is actively hurting it? Both Jordan, Kobe, and Steph grew the sport and made it more popular, lebron is turning viewers way.

Kblaze8855
10-13-2020, 02:57 PM
I swear some of you work so hard to not talk about basketball while discussing who played it best.

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 02:59 PM
I swear some of you work so hard to not talk about basketball while discussing who played it best.

answer the question, the ratings for the finals were dogshit, if lebron is the face of the league and the "GOAT", that should mean he's must-watch TV, but that hasn't been the case, at all. Like people were letting their kids starve just to watch MJ play, no ones going to those extremes to watch Lebron play

ThatCoolKid
10-13-2020, 03:00 PM
Viewership is down in MLB, NHL, NFL etc etc. It's not because of Lebron.

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Viewership is down in MLB, NHL, NFL etc etc. It's not because of Lebron.

Excuses, last year game 6 warriors vs raptors had 18 million viewers, this finals game 6 had 5 million viewers. IF LeBron is the GOAT, his star would have been big enough to offset what's going on in other sports league and bring in the viewers. Do you seriously think if prime Jordan was playing in place of bron he wouldn't have gotten at least 15million people to watch? Bron doesn't bring in the ratings anymore, it's time for the NBA to transition to a new face of the league, maybe the guy who's won the last 2 MVPs will do it

MaxPlayer
10-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Yes I'm sure the Finals ratings would have been way higher if the Nuggets or Clippers had made it instead

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 03:05 PM
Yes I'm sure the Finals ratings would have been way higher if the Nuggets or Clippers had made it instead

it probably would have, they're far more likable, especially the nuggets

Kblaze8855
10-13-2020, 03:05 PM
If you ask me who the GOAT 4 is you think it’s likely I consider Tim Duncan’s finals ratings? No? So why would I care about answering your question?

Basketball questions have basketball answers. I care about ratings in a basketball evaluation as much as I care what a players go to order is at a Chinese restaurant.

MaxPlayer
10-13-2020, 03:07 PM
it probably would have, they're far more likable, especially the nuggets

LOL... it was sarcasm. No one cares about those franchises. It's all about LeBron.

Kblaze8855
10-13-2020, 03:07 PM
Actually I’d care more about the Chinese food order. I’d read a report on that subject. See who has some off the wall shit like egg drop soup. I’d read that article before another one on ratings being down in sports.

ThatCoolKid
10-13-2020, 03:08 PM
Excuses, last year game 6 warriors vs raptors had 18 million viewers, this finals game 6 had 5 million viewers. IF LeBron is the GOAT, his star would have been big enough to offset what's going on in other sports league and bring in the viewers. Do you seriously think if prime Jordan was playing in place of bron he wouldn't have gotten at least 15million people to watch? Bron doesn't bring in the ratings anymore, it's time for the NBA to transition to a new face of the league, maybe the guy who's won the last 2 MVPs will do it

No he wouldn't have. And Giannis is free to become the face of the league whenever he wants, he just has to win something :lol

MaxPlayer
10-13-2020, 03:10 PM
I mean, of all the ways to criticize LeBron this has to be the dumbest. He IS basketball. Even his bitterest of haters can't resist tuning in.

Goldrush25
10-13-2020, 03:12 PM

This game 6 was played on an NFL Sunday. Do you think that had zero to do with it?

RRR3
10-13-2020, 03:13 PM
If Giannis is better than Hakeem why does he turn into Evan Turner in the playoffs?

Gray GOAT
10-13-2020, 03:15 PM
LeBron haters went from, and I might forget one or two here, Pierce to Granger to Rose to Durant to George to Kawhi to Curry to Giannis to Butler to hoping Davis wins FMVP to ratings. This has to be rock bottom for them, right?

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 03:57 PM
If you ask me who the GOAT 4 is you think it’s likely I consider Tim Duncan’s finals ratings? No? So why would I care about answering your question?

Basketball questions have basketball answers. I care about ratings in a basketball evaluation as much as I care what a players go to order is at a Chinese restaurant.

Tim Duncan isn't a GOAT, Giannis is better, will be the greatest PF when it's all said and done, tim is a boring-ass center, that's why he won't be remembered like Giannis or mj, so no you haven't answered my question because timmy isn't GOAT

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 04:02 PM
No he wouldn't have. And Giannis is free to become the face of the league whenever he wants, he just has to win something :lol

Yes he would have, the most viewed NBA game in nba history with 36 million viewers was bulls vs jazz game 6 finals when MJ hit the stepback to win his last chip. MJ always brought the ratings no matter what. They were playing freaking UTAH and he still brought the viewership, he was must-see TV, Lebron isn't.

And giannis has won more at age 25 than both lebron and MJ did at similar ages, so keep laughing, you won't be when Giannis becomes the GOAT

Rudeboy3
10-13-2020, 04:17 PM
If Giannis is better than Hakeem why does he turn into Evan Turner in the playoffs?

if hakeem is better giannis why did he get bounced in the first round so many times? Why wasn't he a 2 time MVP and a DPOY by 25?

r0drig0lac
10-13-2020, 04:20 PM
Kostas is a nba champ

Kblaze8855
10-13-2020, 05:38 PM
Tim Duncan isn't a GOAT, Giannis is better, will be the greatest PF when it's all said and done, tim is a boring-ass center, that's why he won't be remembered like Giannis or mj, so no you haven't answered my question because timmy isn't GOAT

I feel for Lebron haters who can’t come in here and co-sign you the way they would like because your idiocy makes it embarrassing to take your side. Agreeing with you must be like when a politician gets a really embarrassing endorsement. They will take anyone’s vote....but don’t want you telling people you’re on their side in public.

BigtimeNBAFan
10-13-2020, 05:50 PM
Game 7 of the Finals in 2016 was the 3rd most watched NBA game of all time. Yes Jordan was in the two ahead of him, but hard to say Lebron doesn't bring people in when he has the 3rd most watched game of all time that beat every finals game from 4 of Jordan's 6 title runs.

This was a weird year and was never going to have high ratings. All sports that have been delayed because of corona have seen ratings drops.

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:05 PM

this.

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:06 PM
Actually I’d care more about the Chinese food order. I’d read a report on that subject. See who has some off the wall shit like egg drop soup. I’d read that article before another one on ratings being down in sports.

why do you pretend to be this basketball savant when all you really are is a bronsexual?

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:07 PM

sure just give him AD

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Yes he would have, the most viewed NBA game in nba history with 36 million viewers was bulls vs jazz game 6 finals when MJ hit the stepback to win his last chip. MJ always brought the ratings no matter what. They were playing freaking UTAH and he still brought the viewership, he was must-see TV, Lebron isn't.

And giannis has won more at age 25 than both lebron and MJ did at similar ages, so keep laughing, you won't be when Giannis becomes the GOAT

good point. no one wants to watch UTAH.

and the Raptors, of all teams, did better viewership than lebron.

RRR3
10-13-2020, 08:10 PM
if hakeem is better giannis why did he get bounced in the first round so many times? Why wasn't he a 2 time MVP and a DPOY by 25?
Idk at least he maintains or even raises his level of play in the playoffs. Yanny turns into a scrub.

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:11 PM
I feel for Lebron haters who can’t come in here and co-sign you the way they would like because your idiocy makes it embarrassing to take your side. Agreeing with you must be like when a politician gets a really embarrassing endorsement. They will take anyone’s vote....but don’t want you telling people you’re on their side in public.

actually you're the one that should be embarrassed acting like you're this basketball intellectual. you kinda sound like a mix between Cowherd and Nick Wright

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:12 PM
Game 7 of the Finals in 2016 was the 3rd most watched NBA game of all time. Yes Jordan was in the two ahead of him, but hard to say Lebron doesn't bring people in when he has the 3rd most watched game of all time that beat every finals game from 4 of Jordan's 6 title runs.

This was a weird year and was never going to have high ratings. All sports that have been delayed because of corona have seen ratings drops.

it was gm 7. and i think more ppl were watching to see Curry and Golden State, not lebron.

Shooter
10-13-2020, 08:13 PM
Mike needed a perfectly crafted system. He needed it tailor made to win. Mike won because of a system.

He needed to have an elite 2 way player at small forward, No Pip? NO CHIP. He needed the legendary GOAT head coach. He had to play in Chicago. He had to play under no legal zone defense.

Give LBJ the worst front office that hadn't won a championship in 50 years and he will find a way to win. Stick Lebron in Cleveland, Miami, Los Angeles. It doesn't matter. LeBron's number two option star can be a point guard like Kyrie, a shooting guard like Dwayne Wade, or a big man like Anthony Davis. Again, it doesn't matter, he always finds a way to win. And don't forget, Ty Lue is no Phil Jackson.

Michael needed a tailor made, perfectly crafted system to get out of the 1st round.

LeBron just needed a ball.

nineiron
10-13-2020, 08:19 PM
Mike needed a perfectly crafted system. He needed it tailor made to win. Mike won because of a system.

He needed to have an elite 2 way player at small forward, No Pip? NO CHIP. He needed the legendary GOAT head coach. He had to play in Chicago. He had to play under no legal zone defense.

Give LBJ the worst front office that hadn't won a championship in 50 years and he will find a way to win. Stick Lebron in Cleveland, Miami, Los Angeles. It doesn't matter. LeBron's number two option star can be a point guard like Kyrie, a shooting guard like Dwayne Wade, or a big man like Anthony Davis. Again, it doesn't matter, he always finds a way to win. And don't forget, Ty Lue is no Phil Jackson.

Michael needed a tailor made, perfectly crafted system to get out of the 1st round.

LeBron just needed a ball.

what's Pippen's career PER?