PDA

View Full Version : We can't really respect the Bubble Championship as much as others

Walk on Water
10-15-2020, 04:58 AM
Yes Lebron wanted it the most, but many other players were depressed. Paul George was depressed and he collapsed. Lakers never got a chance to beat a full Clippers team because of the pandemic. So if you want to say Lebron impressed because he was the most focused then fine. Unfortunately other people have more important things to worry about.

Nobody cares about this years ring. So many people didn't even know the Finals even happened. Not many talked about it. Even on the sports radio, they never mentioned a word and continued on talking about football. Donald Trump said he doesn't know what teams are playing. People just aren't thinking of basketball and this year had the worst Finals ratings of all time.

Do you really think it felt the same? No crowds or fans. Felt more like an exhibition tournament. I'm sorry I just can't count this year. This year is the year of the coronavirus. The NBA was more irrelevant than it's ever been. Nobody talked about the championship. The NBA is in trouble as well. I swear, many people didn't even know there was a championship. People only care about politics these days.

TheGoatest
10-15-2020, 05:25 AM
We can't really respect the Bubble Championship as much as others

I agree. We should respect it more.

ThatCoolKid
10-15-2020, 08:09 AM

It was the ultimate pressure cooker. Nothing except your will to win and an empty court. This chip will go down in history. Lebron won the first NBA Finals and Finals MVP post COVID.

8Ball
10-15-2020, 08:50 AM
Yes Lebron wanted it the most, but many other players were depressed. Paul George was depressed and he collapsed. Lakers never got a chance to beat a full Clippers team because of the pandemic. So if you want to say Lebron impressed because he was the most focused then fine. Unfortunately other people have more important things to worry about.

Nobody cares about this years ring. So many people didn't even know the Finals even happened. Not many talked about it. Even on the sports radio, they never mentioned a word and continued on talking about football. Donald Trump said he doesn't know what teams are playing. People just aren't thinking of basketball and this year had the worst Finals ratings of all time.

Do you really think it felt the same? No crowds or fans. Felt more like an exhibition tournament. I'm sorry I just can't count this year. This year is the year of the coronavirus. The NBA was more irrelevant than it's ever been. Nobody talked about the championship. The NBA is in trouble as well. I swear, many people didn't even know there was a championship. People only care about politics these days.

Lol. Depressed? Poor losers aren't mentally tough.

NO excuses.

8Ball
10-15-2020, 08:51 AM
It was the ultimate pressure cooker. Nothing except your will to win and an empty court. This chip will go down in history. Lebron won the first NBA Finals and Finals MVP post COVID.

Yes. This is the Prison Ball championship.

Thrown into a confined cage the lions battle it out.

Only the mentally toughest and strongest survive.

nineiron
10-15-2020, 08:52 AM

yeah most of them didn't even want to play. only Lebron because he's running out of time. no one cares. ratings proved it.

8Ball
10-15-2020, 08:56 AM
Awww poor little babies.

Want a tissue with that?

NO EXCUSES.

Keno
10-15-2020, 09:06 AM

This.

Way harder than any other chip because its an even playing field. Of course LeGoat comes out on top.

Trollsmasher
10-15-2020, 09:08 AM
Yes. This is the Prison Ball championship.

Thrown into a confined cage the lions battle it out.

Only the mentally toughest and strongest survive.

this

this is the ultimate ring

no bullshit, just pure skill and will

bobopenguin
10-15-2020, 09:09 AM
well, u dont have to respect lebron, but u gotta respect lakers as the team.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-15-2020, 10:07 AM
LeMental, LeTough, LeChampion

Kiddlovesnets
10-15-2020, 10:55 AM
They did it without HCA, this alone makes the bubble champion highly respectful.

G0ATbe
10-15-2020, 11:03 AM
Toughest championship in nba history no matter how you slice it. And Lakers were labelled a first round exit heading into the playoffs. But against all odds LeBron prevailed yet again.

8Ball
10-15-2020, 11:23 AM
They did it without HCA, this alone makes the bubble champion highly respectful.

This.

No HCA is why a 5th seed Heat team was able to outperform their expectation. The home court disadvantage afforded to higher seeded teams evaporated.

Turbo Slayer
10-15-2020, 11:27 AM

Lakers never got a chance to beat a full Clippers team because of the pandemic. Lol no. The reason why the Lakers never got a chance to beat them was because Jokic and the Nuggets beat them. It isn't the Lakers fault for not facing them. That's on the Clippers.

Nobody cares about this years ring. Yet you are talking about it right now so you clearly care.

The rest of your post is BS that I won't bother to argue.

light
10-15-2020, 01:52 PM

Well it's basically going down in history as the hardest title to win. In the future when people ask about the most difficult championship everyone will point to 2020.

I know you're upset about LeBron winning and becoming GOAT but you're going to have to get used to it.

Kiddlovesnets
10-15-2020, 01:57 PM
This.

No HCA is why a 5th seed Heat team was able to outperform their expectation. The home court disadvantage afforded to higher seeded teams evaporated.

Yup, imagine the Heat had to play in Milwaukee for game 1/2 ECSF, and in Boston for game 1/2 ECF, no way would they win both games to go up 2-0, and the series would be a lot different.

tpols
10-15-2020, 02:00 PM
It was probably the most underwhelming playoffs of all time. The ONLY series that were even remotely exciting were Mavericks-Clippers and Rockets-Thunder.

And the worst rated Finals and WCF's of all time.

It's basically a summer league chip.

light
10-15-2020, 02:04 PM
It was probably the most underwhelming playoffs of all time. The ONLY series that were even remotely exciting were Mavericks-Clippers and Rockets-Thunder.

It was only underwhelming to the people who were arguing that the Lakers were going to lose in every round. Some even argued "sweep!" after the Lakers would lose a game 1. But they kept winning and made those people look stupid and this is their predicted reaction.

8Ball
10-15-2020, 02:16 PM

Underwhelming for LeBron haters.

Amazing for the LeBron family. OVERwhelming.

tpols
10-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Underwhelming for LeBron haters.

Amazing for the LeBron family. OVERwhelming.

With ratings down 70% it was underwhelming for a LOT of people, mate.

And most wont be coming back to watch BLM ball.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-15-2020, 02:27 PM
Exactly and on top of all that, the Mickey mouse hoops were far too easy to make shots on. The floor spacing and the easier hoops to make shots on, playing defense became impossible in the bubble.

k 96
10-15-2020, 04:00 PM

Agreed, this year was just another version of the 2011 lock out season. This year's NBA champions should have a MASSIVE asterisk next to it. In reality, LeHype James should only really have 2 NBA championships, and two ASTERISK ones.

Walk on Water
10-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Agreed, this year was just another version of the 2011 lock out season. This year's NBA champions should have a MASSIVE asterisk next to it. In reality, LeHype James should only really have 2 NBA championships, and two ASTERISK ones.

I swear Lebron does have 2 cheap rings.

RRR3
10-15-2020, 05:05 PM

You guaranteed the Rockets would be trouble for the Lakers shut the **** up you have literally zero credibility.

GOBB
10-15-2020, 05:08 PM
Ask yourself this. If your team won the title would you respect it? Of course you would. There is not a fan to say otherwise. Then again maybe Hotlanta he was a true Debbie Downer.