PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets upset fans by not including Melo in graphic.

Kblaze8855
10-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Think perhaps there is some salt left over from the Knicks trade demand?

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2010162353080102.jpeg

Basketball r Us
10-16-2020, 02:29 PM
Glad Melo was not in that Pic.....the crybaby that forced himself out of the Nuggets !!!

scuzzy
no Henny?

Kblaze8855
Now for the record when I say “Fans” I don’t so much mean nugget fans. It’s general nba fans asking “Wtf?”. Maybe Nick is more popular than Melo even with his three seasons and no playoffs in Denver.

tpols
10-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Jokic is handily the best.

dirkdiggler41
10-16-2020, 04:11 PM
What about Iverson?

brownmamba00
10-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Lol @ billups

FireDavidKahn
10-16-2020, 04:16 PM
Who would root for a guy that pretends to be knocked out because he was upset at the refs?

side note: Good ole JR:roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidLEPzlRwE

Mr. Woke
10-16-2020, 06:09 PM
Why is Nick Van Exel there lol?

Melo should have been included. The Nuggets should also retire his jersey.

What a shit tier franchise.

Mr. Woke
10-16-2020, 06:10 PM
Glad Melo was not in that Pic.....the crybaby that forced himself out of the Nuggets !!!

He was justified in doing that.

coin24
10-16-2020, 06:51 PM
Melo is the best player they’ve ever had and it’s not close..

Lol at those 5 shit stains, if that’s the best that team has to show for drafting and trades in 30 years then time to move that team:lol

red1
10-16-2020, 07:06 PM
Melo was an overrated chucker like kobe except one actually played defense. Great decision by whoever made that picture.

Xiao Yao You
10-16-2020, 08:38 PM

Lol at those 5 shit stains, if that’s the best that team has to show for drafting and trades in 30 years then time to move that team:lol

not even the best small forward or scorer

NugzFan
10-16-2020, 10:00 PM

How old are you?

LAmbruh
10-16-2020, 10:10 PM
How old are you?

in basement years he's 47yo

in daylight hours he's 6yo

TheCorporation
10-16-2020, 10:10 PM

:lol

Imagine facing Melo in the WCF in the Wild Wild West

What. A. Time.

highwhey
10-16-2020, 10:12 PM

:roll:

LAmbruh
10-16-2020, 10:14 PM
:lol

Imagine facing Melo in the WCF in the Wild Wild West

What. A. Time.

transhew holds his 2009 WCF Melo title dearest to his heart:(

Smoke117
10-16-2020, 10:15 PM
That picture is a perfect illustration of how sad the Denver Nuggets franchise has been.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Not surprised. They literally got better by trading him. Isn't Jamal Murray a pick from that trade :lol

Basketball r Us
10-16-2020, 11:01 PM
He was justified in doing that.

Nuggets justified to not include this whiner in that pic.

NugzFan
10-16-2020, 11:32 PM
That picture is a perfect illustration of how sad the Denver Nuggets franchise has been.

That’s not true

Mr. Woke
10-16-2020, 11:49 PM
Nuggets justified to not include this whiner in that pic.

They ****ed up.

Loser franchise.

bison
10-16-2020, 11:53 PM
Alex English, Kiki vandeweghe, Mutombo, Dan issel, jokic >>>>>> fatmelo

coin24
10-17-2020, 12:45 AM

Wee wee wonder wheels so mad as usual:lol

No one gives a shit your hero finally won:oldlol:
4/10 rubbish

Kiddlovesnets
10-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Well he left the Nuggets in a terrible way, an episode called Melodrama. Why are people surprised that the Nuggets aint listing Melo for the 'favorite' nuggets player votes? Think any true Nuggets fans would vote for Melo?

999Guy
10-17-2020, 02:43 AM
Melo is probably one of the worst players ever for his perception.

Impact stats for that idiot at a really low level. His best years came as a loser on the Knicks for like 2 years.

Chris Bosh flat out had a better career and was a better player.

Pascal Siakam is at least as good as Nuggets Carmelo. Probably better.

Being a shit defender means nothing to fans but everything to scoreboards and real impact. And he just want THAT talented offensively. Never a passer, never actually deadly from any spot on the floor. Flawed volume scorer pure and simple.

brownmamba00
10-17-2020, 02:51 AM
Nuggets Carmelo was a monster

:facepalm@the siakam comparison. Not even close.

But most of you started watching bball after 2011 so I'm not mad

L.Kizzle
10-17-2020, 04:06 AM
The Portland Traiblazers fired back at Denver by including him in a favorite Blazers photo along side Dame, Brandon Roy, Clyde and Walton.

pandiani17
10-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Melo is probably one of the worst players ever for his perception.

Impact stats for that idiot at a really low level. His best years came as a loser on the Knicks for like 2 years.

Chris Bosh flat out had a better career and was a better player.

Pascal Siakam is at least as good as Nuggets Carmelo. Probably better.

Being a shit defender means nothing to fans but everything to scoreboards and real impact. And he just want THAT talented offensively. Never a passer, never actually deadly from any spot on the floor. Flawed volume scorer pure and simple.

I am a LeBron fan, but come on, Melo was a beast offensively, he could score every way possible, and yes, he had his favorite spots to shoot from, and he was deadly from there. He was a poor-man's KD. By the way, they also missed David Thompson. I am surprised nobody mentioned it yet.

pandiani17
10-17-2020, 12:52 PM
That’s not true

Don't listen to these clowns. Right now, almost every fan in the league would switch places with you (except Lakers, Heat, GSW or Dallas fans). You have a bright future ahead of you and your franchise has always been middle-of-the-pack but with a winning-culture team. You have had David Thompson, Kiki Vandewhege, Alex English, Mutombo, Melo, Lawson, Faried, the current core. Maybe the worst years when your team was among the worst teams was 1995-2003. But overall, as a fan from a different team, I assure you that I view your franchise as very competitive. By the way, imagine that photograph with teams like the Timberwolves. Who would appear, Kevin Garnett and who else?

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2020, 12:59 PM
This will sound more disrespectful than I want to be but I look at that group and think, "that's all?"

I have no doubt we are about to see their greatest era.

pandiani17
10-17-2020, 01:22 PM
This will sound more disrespectful than I want to be but I look at that group and think, "that's all?"

I have no doubt we are about to see their greatest era.

As I said there are certain guys missing, like Melo, David Thompson, Vandeweghe, Iverson, Ty Lawson or Kenneth Faried. I think they had great teams in the old ABA and in the late 70s, 80s and they have missed the post-season very few times in this century. As I said, I consider them a winning franchise, unlike some others like the Kings, Wolves, Wizards or Magic, who had great teams but only just once or twice.

RRR3
10-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Imagine stanning Melo and saying LeBron is a loser. Transshew makes zero sense.

tpols
10-17-2020, 01:37 PM
Imagine stanning Melo and saying LeBron is a loser. Transshew makes zero sense.

The thing about melo is he will hit big balls shots when it counts, but for 90% "in the flow" of games he has total negative impact. He doesn't do anything outside of hitting tough or pressure filled shots. That sells, but it's a cloak. This would be great to have for a role player but for a star it's really really bad. He clogs the offenses teamwork and cant play a lick of team defense. Melo has only had one year in the playoffs where his splits and impact were very positive. 2009.

Kblaze8855
10-17-2020, 02:00 PM
The thing about melo is he will hit big balls shots when it counts, but for 90% "in the flow" of games he has total negative impact. He doesn't do anything outside of hitting tough or pressure filled shots. That sells, but it's a cloak. This would be great to have for a role player but for a star it's really really bad. He clogs the offenses teamwork and cant play a lick of team defense. Melo has only had one year in the playoffs where his splits and impact were very positive. 2009.

Why do you think so many fans with no insight beyond google know so many hall of famers are actually not good but people who live the game never seem to think that?

Or do you think guys with 30-50 years of experience between playing and coaching sign and feature players you think are negatives despite knowing it because of like....public pressure and not trying to win?

Im just wondering what you tell yourself to explain the discrepancy. Like how Pat Riley has been in love with Giannis and targeting him for years and is going all in the next year or so to hand him the franchise while you think he’s bad at basketball.

How do you come to grips with Riley obviously knowing basketball but wanting to give a bad player 220 million and the keys to his franchise? Just curious.

NugzFan
10-19-2020, 01:31 AM
Don't listen to these clowns. Right now, almost every fan in the league would switch places with you (except Lakers, Heat, GSW or Dallas fans). You have a bright future ahead of you and your franchise has always been middle-of-the-pack but with a winning-culture team. You have had David Thompson, Kiki Vandewhege, Alex English, Mutombo, Melo, Lawson, Faried, the current core. Maybe the worst years when your team was among the worst teams was 1995-2003. But overall, as a fan from a different team, I assure you that I view your franchise as very competitive. By the way, imagine that photograph with teams like the Timberwolves. Who would appear, Kevin Garnett and who else?

:cheers:

Stephonit
10-19-2020, 01:38 AM
If Knicks fans want to retire Melo's jersey they are free to do so. Anyone who deigns to know better than the Nuggets who they should honor are just meddlesome busybodies. If there is anyone I'm surprised didn't make the graphic it would be Murray or Iverson.

Real14
10-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Nuggets top 5 (in no order)

1. Melo
2. Jokic
3. David Thompson
4. English
5. Mutombo.

The hate for Melo is really absurd and juvenile.

Pipes2.0
10-19-2020, 07:43 AM
This is a terrible move by the Nuggets. It's disrespectful to not include Carmelo on that pic.
NBA players will remember this. It will hurt their chances of signing a Big free agent, imo.

Stephonit
10-19-2020, 09:33 AM
This is a terrible move by the Nuggets. It's disrespectful to not include Carmelo on that pic.
NBA players will remember this. It will hurt their chances of signing a Big free agent, imo.

The Nuggets wouldn't want to deal with any such prima donnas. Best they are sorted out from the beginning.

pandiani17
10-19-2020, 10:55 AM

NBA players don't care about these type of things :roll: They care about money offered, opportunities at a ring, social opportunities in the city, etc.

MadDog
10-19-2020, 10:59 AM
Carmelo should absolutely be in that graph. Nick Van Exel is one of my favorite players all time, and probably had his best statistical output in Denver, but his teams never made the postseason. Melo played longer for Denver with better numbers and consistently had Denver in playoff contention.

Wally450
10-19-2020, 10:59 AM
I don't like Melo, but he should be in that pick. He was a great player for the Nuggets.

Pipes2.0
10-19-2020, 11:15 AM
NBA players don't care about these type of things :roll: They care about money offered, opportunities at a ring, social opportunities in the city, etc.

You're right, I was being overdramatic :lol

I was thinking about the Knicks and how they treated Charles Oakley but the Knicks right now is just a shitty franchise and no free agent in their right mind will touch them with a ten feet pole.

NugzFan
10-19-2020, 11:17 AM
Nuggets top 5 (in no order)

1. Melo
2. Jokic
3. David Thompson
4. English
5. Mutombo.

The hate for Melo is really absurd and juvenile.

Wait is this in terms of what you think the popularity order should be?

Or best nugget players?

NugzFan
10-19-2020, 11:18 AM

Um, no it won’t. It’s just a tweet

Pipes2.0
10-19-2020, 11:18 AM
Um, no it won’t. It’s just a tweet

Yeah, my bad :oldlol:

rawimpact
10-19-2020, 11:22 AM

Oh shit you're right. Denver is a known hub for superstars/big free agents to sign for.

999Guy
10-19-2020, 01:22 PM
I am a LeBron fan, but come on, Melo was a beast offensively, he could score every way possible, and yes, he had his favorite spots to shoot from, and he was deadly from there. He was a poor-man's KD. By the way, they also missed David Thompson. I am surprised nobody mentioned it yet.

He was not a beast offensively. He wasn’t even close to a beast offensively.

If he’s a beast then so Brandon Ingram. If he’s a beast, Bradley Beal should be and elite player, cause he’s already better than Melo ever was offensively. He just happens to be even worse defensively.

Melo was never better than say, Trae Young this year in Atlanta, while he played for the Nuggets. He was just less extreme. Not as good as Trae on offense, not as bad on defense. And Trae is clearly not some high impact guy.

Isaiah Thomas that one year in Boston was better than Melo ever was offensively.

Prime Melo is about Paul George level offensively, at best.

And he was NEVER deadly at any spot on the floor. Chris Paul is deadly from the elbow, Giannis is deadly from the restricted area, Melo shot average or slightly below from a lot of spots on volume.

No defensive coaches were staying up at night because of that. He was flat out an average shooter and finisher. He could just create a lot of these shots on volume. That has value. Not all-NBA value, but some value. But that’s not even something you want to build around. Especially while he plays like trash on defense, and is a selfish idiot.

I really feel bad even saying he’s PG level offensively because actually has shown himself to be deadly from 3, and that CAN keep coaches up at night, when all you need is a screen or a dribble rhythm and you can put up 12 3’s and drain close to half if you are just feeling a little good.

HylianNightmare
10-19-2020, 04:35 PM
Billups instead? Yikes

brownmamba00
10-19-2020, 04:50 PM
Lol gtfoh melo shits on paul george

bobopenguin
10-19-2020, 07:13 PM
why chauncey billups? did he ever did anything great for nuggets?

Smoke117
10-19-2020, 07:45 PM

Except he wasn't. Carmelo is known for scoring, but he never did it with any kind note worthy efficiency. He was mostly a high volume scorer aka took a lot of shots to get his points. His peak in ts% is basically 56% which is about as average as it comes...especially when you're talked about as this king shit scorer. lol

Pipes2.0
10-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Oh shit you're right. Denver is a known hub for superstars/big free agents to sign for.

I took my L, man. Let it go :lol