Deadskins and Giants both rebuilding
Eagles missing starters.
Boys have the worst defense in the league and playing Dalton. :facepalm

The winner could be 6-10.

Charlie Sheen
10-20-2020, 03:46 PM
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1318606638215999490

Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport)
Cowboys players say their coaches are “totally unprepared” and “just aren’t good at their jobs,” per @SlaterNFL
Retweets

This is the same impression I've had watching the 2 mikes this season.

~primetime~
10-20-2020, 03:50 PM
yep somehow we downgraded from Garrett

and yes this is the worst I think I have ever seen the NFCE...I could totally see 6-10 winning it.

And that is why the playoffs have been expanded...because you'd have a 6-10 team getting in over a 9-7 team, and now that team gets in.

~primetime~
11-22-2020, 09:39 PM
1. Eagles: 3-6-1
2. Giants: 3-7-0
3. Skins: 3-7-0
4. Boys: 3-7-0

imdaman99
11-23-2020, 12:29 AM
:lol this ones coming down to the wire :roll:

Doomsday Dallas
11-23-2020, 10:39 PM
1. Eagles: 3-6-1
2. Giants: 3-7-0
3. Skins: 3-7-0
4. Boys: 3-7-0

Winner gets a home game for the playoffs

There is not a team out there that I think we could beat at home.

Rams, AZ, SEA, TB, NO... we'd have to play one of them in the first round, We wouldn't get past the Wildcard.

Eagles still have 4 NFC playoff teams on their schedule, very possibly they lose their next 4 games and then play us in week 16.

They shouldn't end up any better than 5-10-1. If DAL, NY or WASH can go 3-3 in their next 6 games, should be enough to win the division.

https://templatetrove.com/images/2020-2021-Printable-Philadelphia-Eagles-Schedule-CT-PNG.png

~primetime~
11-24-2020, 11:13 AM
It's like whatever team gets to play the NFCE winner 1st round is basically getting a free BYE in the playoffs lol

imdaman99
11-25-2020, 08:31 PM
It's true the NFC east sucks.

But you can't assume if the Giants win it that it's gonna be a bye to play them at the meadowlands. The only team that rekt them was the 49ers. Every single other game they played, it was a war for the other team.

Doomsday Dallas
11-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Go Cowboys! Lead us to the playoffs Dalton!

https://youtu.be/MYMj8VvpSaU

Hype vid is a little old, but still a good one.

everybody have a great Thanksgiving.

imdaman99
11-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Thankful for Coach Mccarthy :cheers: hope he's the coach for a long time :cheers:

Nanners
11-27-2020, 07:31 PM
It's true the NFC east sucks.

But you can't assume if the Giants win it that it's gonna be a bye to play them at the meadowlands. The only team that rekt them was the 49ers. Every single other game they played, it was a war for the other team.

:oldlol:

not only have the giants been very impressive in all their "narrow" losses... they also happen to be the best team in the entire NY metro area!

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2020, 09:30 PM
It's like whatever team gets to play the NFCE winner 1st round is basically getting a free BYE in the playoffs lol
What's hilarious is recent history has shown this to be 100% false. There've been 7 teams in roughly the last 15 years to make the playoffs with 8 wins or less, those teams went 6-1 in the wildcard round. And in those wins include beating Favre at Lambeau in '04, Peyton in an MVP season in '08, the defending champion Saints in '10, and the defending AFC champion Steelers in '11

~primetime~
11-30-2020, 12:48 PM
What's hilarious is recent history has shown this to be 100% false. There've been 7 teams in roughly the last 15 years to make the playoffs with 8 wins or less, those teams went 6-1 in the wildcard round. And in those wins include beating Favre at Lambeau in '04, Peyton in an MVP season in '08, the defending champion Saints in '10, and the defending AFC champion Steelers in '11
wow good to know

I do feel like this current NFCE situation is 'special' though...this is an epically bad division

imdaman99
12-06-2020, 09:44 PM
:oldlol:

not only have the giants been very impressive in all their "narrow" losses... they also happen to be the best team in the entire NY metro area!

They just shut down Russell Wilson. I'm sure every other team in the NFC is chomping at the bit, dying to play the Giants in the 1st round! If they win the division of course lol

~primetime~
12-06-2020, 11:25 PM
Looks like its the Giants division to lose

Duderonomy
12-08-2020, 09:19 AM
Big wins for New York and Washington. Looks like the cowboys are getting left behind.

baudkarma
12-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Cowboys run defense is giving up yardage at a historically bad pace. And the NFL just announced that the Cowboys-49'ers match that was supposed to be the Sunday night game on Dec 20 has been flexed to noon, replaced by Browns-Giants. You know things are bad when the NFL moves the Cowboys off a prime-time game.

~primetime~
12-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Cowboys run defense is giving up yardage at a historically bad pace. And the NFL just announced that the Cowboys-49'ers match that was supposed to be the Sunday night game on Dec 20 has been flexed to noon, replaced by Browns-Giants. You know things are bad when the NFL moves the Cowboys off a prime-time game.

it's one of the worst defenses I've ever seen

I'm not even sure why the run-D is so god awful...Jalen Smith and Vander-Esch? ...that's 2 probowl LBs to stuff the run

can only blame the defensive scheme and play calling...this might be a really short tenure for Mike McCarthy...he's had a ton of unfortunate injuries on offense...but not much excuse for this defense

tpols
12-09-2020, 04:09 PM
I hope the redskins win it. I dislike the giants more as an eagle fan. Cardinals gonna spank them this weekend.

Duderonomy
12-10-2020, 12:08 AM
I hope the redskins win it. I dislike the giants more as an eagle fan. Cardinals gonna spank them this weekend.

They will. Giants don't have alot of talent and have a tough remaining schedule

baudkarma
12-10-2020, 12:26 PM

I'm not even sure why the run-D is so god awful...Jalen Smith and Vander-Esch? ...that's 2 probowl LBs to stuff the run

can only blame the defensive scheme and play calling...this might be a really short tenure for Mike McCarthy...he's had a ton of unfortunate injuries on offense...but not much excuse for this defense

Jaylon and LVE have been nowhere near Pro Bowl caliber the past two seasons. This season LVE has been mediocre at best and Smith has been downright bad. Bad enough that there have been serious articles written about the cap implications if the Cowboys just outright release him, even though he's just in the first year of a five-year deal.

~primetime~
12-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Jaylon and LVE have been nowhere near Pro Bowl caliber the past two seasons. This season LVE has been mediocre at best and Smith has been downright bad. Bad enough that there have been serious articles written about the cap implications if the Cowboys just outright release him, even though he's just in the first year of a five-year deal.

I think LVE has been outright "awful" and Smith "average"...but from past seasons with them, seeing that they are both capable of playing at a high level...it does make think that the main issue is the defense scheming...it is hard to think that those two just flat out suck at football now.

Charlie Sheen
12-11-2020, 01:40 PM
What's the difference between mike mccarthy and adam gase?

... aaron rodgers

Nanners
12-11-2020, 02:54 PM
They just shut down Russell Wilson. I'm sure every other team in the NFC is chomping at the bit, dying to play the Giants in the 1st round! If they win the division of course lol

no doubt... but the thing about the seahawks is they almost always play at the skill level of their opponents, which often results in choke jobs against teams they are heavily favored against on paper.

6/8 of the seahawks wins this season were 1 score games, the only exceptions are week 1 against the falcons and week 7 against the niners (with Nick Mullen at QB) :oldlol:

Nanners
12-11-2020, 03:21 PM

In addition to the fact that McCarthy sucks, I think the cowboys defensive problems vs the run are also partially due to the offensive issues and gameflow

The Cowboys were pretty respectable against the run when Dak was healthy (aside from the flukey Cleveland game), but after Dak got hurt the team went from scoring 34ppg to 15. When a team cant effectively move the ball or score on offense, their defense is obviously going to be forced to play heavy minutes, and they're often going to be playing in situations where the opponent is just running out the clock... which helps explain why the Dallas defense has faced the most rush attempts of any team in the league while also facing the least pass attempts.

That said, game flow doesnt really explain why the Cowboys defense has given up 5.1ypc... the Jets are constantly playing from behind too, yet they only allow 3.8 ypc

~primetime~
12-11-2020, 04:11 PM
In addition to the fact that McCarthy sucks, I think the cowboys defensive problems vs the run are also partially due to the offensive issues and gameflow

The Cowboys were pretty respectable against the run when Dak was healthy (aside from the flukey Cleveland game), but after Dak got hurt the team went from scoring 34ppg to 15. When a team cant effectively move the ball or score on offense, their defense is obviously going to be forced to play heavy minutes, and they're often going to be playing in situations where the opponent is just running out the clock... which helps explain why the Dallas defense has faced the most rush attempts of any team in the league while also facing the least pass attempts.

That said, game flow doesnt really explain why the Cowboys defense has given up 5.1ypc... the Jets are constantly playing from behind too, yet they only allow 3.8 ypc

yep this is probably 'part' of the problem too.

could also be that after the injuries, the team in general just mentally gave up...I mean I doubt many of them are really giving it their all

Charlie Sheen
12-18-2020, 02:05 PM
no doubt... but the thing about the seahawks is they almost always play at the skill level of their opponents, which often results in choke jobs against teams they are heavily favored against on paper.

6/8 of the seahawks wins this season were 1 score games, the only exceptions are week 1 against the falcons and week 7 against the niners (with Nick Mullen at QB) :oldlol:

How are you feeling about the seahawks this week? Redskin defense can create the same kind of problems the giants did.

Charlie Sheen
12-18-2020, 04:15 PM
How are you feeling about the seahawks this week? Redskin defense can create the same kind of problems the giants did.

Nevermind :lol

Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL)
����������������: Washington QB Alex Smith (calf) ruled out vs. Seahawks; Dwayne Haskins will start at QB

https://t.co/aagSqXY67y

Twitter•Today at 10:54 AM

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1340007526885015552

Nanners
12-20-2020, 01:45 AM

Despite watching almost every Seahawks game for the past ~8 years, I still find it really hard to predict how they are going to perform in any given week... especially now that they dont have a dominant defense.

I would not be remotely surprised if the seahawks choke this week... I also wouldnt be surprised if they win by 20

Nevermind :lol

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1340007526885015552

Considering the Giants just beat the Seahawks with Colt McCoy at QB... I dunno if this really changes things :oldlol:

imdaman99
12-27-2020, 06:26 PM
Washington down 20-3. A 6 win team can win the division :oldlol: Looks like NFC Least is back on the menu

https://media1.giphy.com/media/gjaDUH3UfNnZn2stvY/giphy.gif

Duderonomy
12-28-2020, 02:52 PM
Haskins released. What team releases their starter from the week before when their playoff spot depends on the next game :facepalm Haskins actually had his best game in a losing effort against Seattle.

Anyway I hope Haskins career isn't over. He could still be a serviceable backup somewhere else

GOBB
12-28-2020, 03:24 PM
If Haskins was white this doesn’t happen. Black QBs have a short leash in the NFL. Shame

1987_Lakers
12-28-2020, 06:06 PM
If Haskins was white this doesn’t happen. Black QBs have a short leash in the NFL. Shame

Paxton Lynch was also a 1st round QB who got released after 2 seasons, he was white.

GOBB
12-28-2020, 06:37 PM
Paxton Lynch was also a 1st round QB who got released after 2 seasons, he was white.

Haskins was a starting QB. You're naming a guy who didnt start more than 4 games. Not even debatable that black QBs have shorter leashes than whites. Nice try tho.

Doomsday Dallas
12-28-2020, 09:53 PM
The Cowboys beat the Eagles in Week 16, eliminating Philadelphia from postseason contention and ensuring the division would not have a back-to-back winner for the first time since the Eagles won four straight from 2001 to 2004. Dallas now has a 6-9 record, same as Washington, but if both teams win Sunday, Washington gets the division title by virtue of having beaten the Cowboys twice this season. If Washington loses and Dallas wins, the Cowboys take the division with a 7-9 record.

If Washington loses and the Giants win, that would leave a three-way tie at 6-10 atop the NFC East, and New York would earn the division title and postseason berth by virtue of having the best record in head-to-head games among the three teams.

Washington is beating Philly Sunday Night... and I don't think Dallas goes to New York and wins, so it will be the Giants that await the outcome of the WFT/Philly game.

https://awfulannouncing.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2020/12/SNF-Wash-Philly.jpg

1987_Lakers
12-29-2020, 01:45 AM
Haskins was a starting QB. You're naming a guy who didnt start more than 4 games. Not even debatable that black QBs have shorter leashes than whites. Nice try tho.

He started 6 games on a team with a terrible QB situation, you had one legged Alex Smith starting games. Maybe if he wasn't trash he would still be on the team. Haskins is already 23 and has showed no progression whatsoever, he had a reputation for being lazy and not being mentally prepared on game day, es evident by setting wrong protections, the release is warranted.

Duderonomy
12-29-2020, 10:17 AM

GOBB always playing that race card. :oldlol:
Riviera never liked Haskins , he benched him multiple times. Haskins going to the strip club after a loss when a playoff spot was in reach was the last straw.
Washington will be looking for a new qb next season
either way.
The Skins got a good defense they just need a game manager level QB to be competitive.

imdaman99
12-29-2020, 04:41 PM
Washington is beating Philly Sunday Night... and I don't think Dallas goes to New York and wins, so it will be the Giants that await the outcome of the WFT/Philly game.

https://awfulannouncing.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/2020/12/SNF-Wash-Philly.jpg

Any time the Giants need help, it doesn't happen. I can see the Cowboys beating them as well as the Giants have looked terrible the last 3 games both offensively and defensively. That being said, it prob won't matter as Washington will beat the Eagles. Eagles have nothing to play for. They don't strike me as a team that gets up for pointless games just to play spoiler. Pretty sure Eagles hate the Cowboys and Giants more than Washington :lol

GOBB
12-30-2020, 06:18 PM
GOBB always playing that race card. :oldlol:
Riviera never liked Haskins , he benched him multiple times. Haskins going to the strip club after a loss when a playoff spot was in reach was the last straw.
Washington will be looking for a new qb next season
either way.
The Skins got a good defense they just need a game manager level QB to be competitive.

Nice exaggeration there bud.

Doomsday Dallas
01-03-2021, 12:47 PM
https://youtu.be/jhyHgVQlIwY

https://youtu.be/NW9AVUw_Vgg

https://youtu.be/8ds7-5CrWyg

NFC East Hype!

Let's Finish It.

imdaman99
01-03-2021, 09:53 PM
Freakin Iggles not even gonna be professional and put up a fight? Ugh :mad:

imdaman99
01-03-2021, 10:26 PM
Hmmmmm say it ain't so. Is it happening???

https://media1.giphy.com/media/fTtQ3j1q9RHHuR8Uh3/giphy.gif

1987_Lakers
01-04-2021, 12:15 AM
How tf do the Eagles fall for such an obvious hard count? :roll:

Hold this L New York.

imdaman99
01-04-2021, 12:32 AM
Fk doug pederson and fk everything philly

GOBB
01-04-2021, 03:10 PM

Giants started 0-5
Giants was 1-7 by mid season
Giants on a 3 game losing streak before yesterday’s game

Giants “eagles win a week 17 game please!”

Keep in mind eagles were trying to win. They went for it on 4th down goal line to take lead. Instead Jalen Hurts who played like shit threw a Mcnabb grounder.

Take care of business and stop bitching. No one cried when Tomlin sat starters vs Browns in a playoff implication game

Duderonomy
01-05-2021, 09:02 AM
Imagine thinking a 6-10 team was robbed of a playoff spot :oldlol:

imdaman99
01-09-2021, 02:49 PM
Giants started 0-5
Giants was 1-7 by mid season
Giants on a 3 game losing streak before yesterday’s game

Giants “eagles win a week 17 game please!”

Keep in mind eagles were trying to win. They went for it on 4th down goal line to take lead. Instead Jalen Hurts who played like shit threw a Mcnabb grounder.

Take care of business and stop bitching. No one cried when Tomlin sat starters vs Browns in a playoff implication game

Lol tomlin sat starters... I wonder if the Steelers had a game the following week. Well, did he? Was digdug making sure no one got hurt so they would be ready for training camp? I'm sure fellow Eagle players had no problem with it. I'm sure the culture is great in Philly.

Am I still salty about it as a Giants fan? Of course. But I am over it :lol Giants sucked and didn't deserve the playoffs, which you already mentioned it. No one in the east did. But at the same time it starts a bad trend, with blatant tanking. Why bench your potential future QB to put in someone that has no future? Oh, because picks. Something philly is well-versed in :lol

GOBB
01-10-2021, 04:01 PM
Lol tomlin sat starters... I wonder if the Steelers had a game the following week. Well, did he? Was digdug making sure no one got hurt so they would be ready for training camp? I'm sure fellow Eagle players had no problem with it. I'm sure the culture is great in Philly.

Am I still salty about it as a Giants fan? Of course. But I am over it :lol Giants sucked and didn't deserve the playoffs, which you already mentioned it. No one in the east did. But at the same time it starts a bad trend, with blatant tanking. Why bench your potential future QB to put in someone that has no future? Oh, because picks. Something philly is well-versed in :lol

This is retarded. How is it tanking if he took a backup QB out named Jalen Hurts stunk 7-20 1int and prior to this game was awful as well in the 4tg QUARTER? Why wouldn’t he just START Nate if he wanted to tank? Why would he wait after 3 quarters? Also wentz future here is unknown. He very well could be back next season as the starter. Jalen hurts hasn’t shown he deserves the job with his recent performance.

Plenty of teams tank starters in week 17. What’s the difference? And how is sitting starters before the game ok like Steelers did? It wasn’t a tank job. It’s only perceived that way because eagles lost and Nate looked bad. If he wins the game then what?

Blatant tanking is Doug playing all backups and starting Nate week 17.

Doomsday Dallas
01-10-2021, 09:08 PM
Washington has a chance to dominate the NFC East for the next 4 years if they play their cards right.

They should consider gambling on Wentz.

10. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

If the Cowboys can revamp their defense in the 2021 offseason, they can come back as playoff contenders in 2021, so long as Dak Prescott gets back to full health. Starting the defensive revamp in Round 1, Patrick Surtain II is the pick here. Surtain has the length, ball skills, and competitive instinct to be a long-term boundary starter, and he has enough athleticism to match receivers on the outside.

I don't want a Corner with the 10th pick... but maybe it's possible we get another Alabama CB to pair up with T.Diggs.

use our 2nd round pick on DE or OLB, sign a veteran DT

pray that Tyrone Smith and La'el Collins come back strong in 2021.

Restructure D-Law's contract

Dak Prescott = ?

imdaman99
01-11-2021, 03:24 PM
This is retarded. How is it tanking if he took a backup QB out named Jalen Hurts stunk 7-20 1int and prior to this game was awful as well in the 4tg QUARTER? Why wouldn’t he just START Nate if he wanted to tank? Why would he wait after 3 quarters? Also wentz future here is unknown. He very well could be back next season as the starter. Jalen hurts hasn’t shown he deserves the job with his recent performance.

Plenty of teams tank starters in week 17. What’s the difference? And how is sitting starters before the game ok like Steelers did? It wasn’t a tank job. It’s only perceived that way because eagles lost and Nate looked bad. If he wins the game then what?

Blatant tanking is Doug playing all backups and starting Nate week 17.

Dougie Boy is fired. What is the point of risking your job and putting in Nate Sunderland for a higher pick and losing your team? He lost his players and the locker room with that move. I'm sure Wentz had a lot to do with it too, they gave him a lot of money and wanna make it work.

Didn't he pull Hurts in a tie game? Yeah Hurts wasn't lighting it up... but he was keeping the game close with his running too. Maybe you're happy the coach is gone, but I know when the Giants lost their SB winning coach, it hurt.

GOBB
01-11-2021, 06:44 PM
Dougie Boy is fired. What is the point of risking your job and putting in Nate Sunderland for a higher pick and losing your team? He lost his players and the locker room with that move. I'm sure Wentz had a lot to do with it too, they gave him a lot of money and wanna make it work.

Didn't he pull Hurts in a tie game? Yeah Hurts wasn't lighting it up... but he was keeping the game close with his running too. Maybe you're happy the coach is gone, but I know when the Giants lost their SB winning coach, it hurt.

Dude Doug was NOT fired because he pulled a rookie backup QB who stunk. Was the reaction with SOME not ALL players over it on the list? Sure. But it was far below the list of issues. Footnote even. Doug wanting to promote guys to DC, OC, position coaches was far greater than what happened on week 17. I’m not mad Doug was fired. I’m very mad that Howie Roseman dodged a bullet. He should be fired as well. Package deal. Lurie is a tool for an owner. This also means Wentz most likely will stay here than leave. Not against that either.

Not sure the eagles HC job is an attractive one. Whoever the new guy is I hope he brings/has influence in a GM.