PDA

View Full Version : where does haslem and vince carter rank with all their longevity?

And1AllDay
10-21-2020, 10:36 AM
or does making finals and being dominant matter maybe the word longevity is not what you mean maybe its 'not fair' bran is consistently succesful

which i say welp too bad

:hammertime:

pandiani17
10-21-2020, 11:47 AM
I can see you are troling, but I will give you my answer. It depends on how many all-nba and all-star teams they have made. Also how many rings and how many MVP's and Finals MVP's they have got. Finally, being high in the all-time scoring, rebounding, assists, steals or blocks is also a major boost.

In these cases, IMO Carter didn't have such a great career as some people think, didn't make deep play-off runs, never won MVP's, etc. For me, contrary to popular belief, he is not even HOF material. And Haslem, well, despite not being a household name, I like his hustle and work-ethic, he'll go down as a symbol of one of the teams of his hometown I think, and he got three rings. Not bad.

TheCorporation
10-21-2020, 08:15 PM
There's an easy way to begin the framework for selecting the goat player. 1st one of the most important things is consistency, nobody cares about a short burst. An easy way to determine consistency is Finals appearances. Given the right people the perfect conditions for them and they might actually make a few finals here and there, But in order to be considered a consistent top tier player you need to make many Finals.

Everybody knows that making 7 Finals or more is very hard, but 10 finals is almost impossible. Winning 6 rings is also difficult but getting to 10 Finals is much harder. In fact only 3 people have ever done it. LeBron James, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell. Therefore if you didnt make 10 Finals then you weren't a consistent competitor and you don't belong in the Goat discussion. People that make 10 finals show you that they don't need the perfect circumstance in order for them to thrive. Making 10 Finals shows you that under multiple different types of circumstances with multiple different types of players against multiple different types of opponents they are still able to achieve. Their success does not rely on one Hall of Fame head coach or just one specific number 2 option for every single finals appearance. They are there as consistent goats because they are skilled enough to achieve under a multitude of circumstances.

And1AllDay
10-21-2020, 09:20 PM
There's an easy way to begin the framework for selecting the goat player. 1st one of the most important things is consistency, nobody cares about a short burst. An easy way to determine consistency is Finals appearances. Given the right people the perfect conditions for them and they might actually make a few finals here and there, But in order to be considered a consistent top tier player you need to make many Finals.

Everybody knows that making 7 Finals or more is very hard, but 10 finals is almost impossible. Winning 6 rings is also difficult but getting to 10 Finals is much harder. In fact only 3 people have ever done it. LeBron James, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Bill Russell. Therefore if you didnt make 10 Finals then you weren't a consistent competitor and you don't belong in the Goat discussion. People that make 10 finals show you that they don't need the perfect circumstance in order for them to thrive. Making 10 Finals shows you that under multiple different types of circumstances with multiple different types of players against multiple different types of opponents they are still able to achieve. Their success does not rely on one Hall of Fame head coach or just one specific number 2 option for every single finals appearance. They are there as consistent goats because they are skilled enough to achieve under a multitude of circumstances.

bingo

HylianNightmare
10-21-2020, 09:21 PM
Vince was still contributing