PDA

View Full Version : Stan Van Gundy to coach Pelicans

insidehoops
10-21-2020, 02:42 PM
Pelicans, per ESPN, will reportedly make Stan Van Gundy their new head coach.

LAmbruh
10-21-2020, 02:48 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RapidPerkyLaughingthrush-max-1mb.gif

scuzzy
10-21-2020, 03:01 PM
SVG's real chance to make some noise with those young prospects

Really hope things pan out well for Zion and he's not rotting in a shithole half his career like most superstars

ZenMaster
10-21-2020, 06:42 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RapidPerkyLaughingthrush-max-1mb.gif

"Whatever you can put together, put it together"

Axe
10-21-2020, 10:37 PM
He's back. Congrats.

miggyme1
10-22-2020, 06:02 AM
Great news for pels and great news for SVG. He has a young team he can MOLD again and the pels get a coach thats got experience and has proven he can win and team build. Its going to take some time and hes gotta make some moves....first move is figuring out who to keep.....holiday or lonzo

TheGoatest
10-22-2020, 06:44 AM
The upcoming eating contests between him and Zion will be special.

SATAN
10-22-2020, 06:45 AM
I wish he got more commentary time. He seems like a pretty cool guy compared to certain other commentators.

k 96
10-22-2020, 08:35 AM
I'm hopeful that S.V.G. is the missing piece to my Pelicans. Maybe they can make the playoffs this upcoming season. That's only of course if it is on the ESPN/ABC script. You know, cause they have the Fakers repeating as "Champs" next year, with who knows who else playing them in the finals. It was pretty obvious they would have a team from Florida make the Finals this year too, with the NBA Bubble being held in Disney World and all.

jayfan
10-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Great news for pels and great news for SVG. He has a young team he can MOLD again and the pels get a coach thats got experience and has proven he can win and team build. Its going to take some time and hes gotta make some moves....first move is figuring out who to keep.....holiday or lonzo

Is this Rip Van Winkle? Were you asleep from 2014-2019? when SVG completely failed the Pistons as both GM and Coach? He was given the key to the castle, and ran the organization into the ground. Did a horrible job of team building.

Kiddlovesnets
10-22-2020, 10:55 AM
Its a good move, better stay away from black coaches who can only play the race card but cant actually coach the games.

And1AllDay
10-22-2020, 03:35 PM
hmm

did leMaster approve this signing? he controls the league you know

LukeWalton
10-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Stan Van gundy
can teach lonzo how to dribble properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cE2aUbWB0

NBAGOAT
10-22-2020, 10:06 PM
bad gm but i still like him as coach. worry is hes traditionally built his offenses around a post up center+spread pnr and the pelicans dont have the 1st. Zion ofc deserves some post ups but that shouldnt be his go to play.

Micku
10-23-2020, 12:07 AM
The Clips should've got him.

Shocked they didn't. I thought he didn't want to coach.

SVG is a good coach. It's a shame that Shaq called him out for being scared of the moment or when things get intense. If you check out other players and what they had to say about him, it seems like he tend to overthink things. He's the type of coach that is very prepared. A great X/O coach. Like his players would say he'll at least a game on his coaching alone.

Assuming if he's still good, I think the Pelicans got something good. They have the talent imo, they just need the direction and maximize that talent out to make the playoffs. I'm sure he'll adjust to the Pelicans players and make them play solid enough to at least be a playoff team.

HylianNightmare
10-23-2020, 05:58 AM
Stoked