PDA

View Full Version : Wade/Duncan/Lebron lost to Carlos Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso by 19 points

3ball
10-22-2020, 02:15 AM
So Puerto Rico must've been the better team, since that's your excuse for why teams beat Lebron - "they were just the better team"

strategy/teamwork/brand of ball have nothing to do with it

Accept facts - lebron can't employ the best strategy (ball movement), so he mostly loses the championship regardless of cast

1987_Lakers
10-22-2020, 02:24 AM
The 2004 team was poorly constructed. Iverson and Marbury averaged the most minutes on that team, 2 inefficient scoring guards with no passing skills, the team also had no 3 point shooters. Larry Brown had a reputation for not playing young players, just look at the minutes LeBron, Wade, & Carmelo played in those Olympics, it wasn't much. In retrospect it would have been better to player the younger guys more.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 02:38 AM
Lebron played 13 minutes that game. Richard Jefferson, Odom, and Marion were all ahead of him back then. Pick a new game for this point. Jump a couple years at least. He played 13, 6, and 3 minutes in the losses in 04.

Go for the 06 games. You could manufacture something decent to complain about.

04 had nothing to do with Lebron and Wade.

And1AllDay
10-22-2020, 02:54 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/Jn9bMGbh/11-1-wmsksi2-di9x9933-fkdioe9202-ckdid92.jpg

we done here? :oldlol:

3ball
10-22-2020, 03:04 AM

Are you stupid or something?

The 92' Croatia team was stacked including a HOF (petrovic), a multiple all-star (Radja), Kukoc, and a lottery pick (tabak)

That's better than Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso (1 NBA player and 2 overseas dudes)

1987_Lakers
10-22-2020, 03:09 AM
Are you stupid or something?

The 92' Croatia team was stacked including a HOF (petrovic), a multiple all-star (Radja), Kukoc, and a lottery pick (tabak)

That's better than Arroyo/Casiano/Ayuso (1 NBA player and 2 overseas dudes)

That's the type of response you will continue to get if you keep making threads that make no sense whatsoever.

3ball
10-22-2020, 03:10 AM
Lebron played 13 minutes that game. Richard Jefferson, Odom, and Marion were all ahead of him back then. Pick a new game for this point. Jump a couple years at least. He played 13, 6, and 3 minutes in the losses in 04.

Go for the 06 games. You could manufacture something decent to complain about.

04 had nothing to do with Lebron and Wade.

All the guys you named (Odom, Marion, etc) are far superior to arroyo, casiano and company.. including lebron, who still played 13 mpg (many people credit pippen with leading the MJ to his 1st playoff win with similar playing time)

So there's no excuse.. Puerto Rico had superior brand and teamwork, so they overcame their talent deficit and underdog status.

And why single out lebron to defend him - the thread title merely lists the 3 highest-rated all-time players on that team - 8 FMVP between them.. but you singled out lebron because you're a Shannon Sharpe Lebron guy and must defend his weak brand and strategy that got destroyed in the Olympics

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 03:27 AM
I know you arent about to start behaving like a normal human being but if you dont see the issue with using 04 for such a point instead of 06 youre worse than I thought. And ive been pretty sure youre either literally insane or a counter troll here to make people hate Jordan for some time anyway. You wanna harp on a couple guys who didnt play go right ahead. Its just pretty....stupid.

No other way to put it.

TheGoatest
10-22-2020, 03:31 AM
The Jordan-led 1992 Dream Team lost to a bunch of college kids. :roll:

RoundMoundOfReb
10-22-2020, 03:34 AM
I know you arent about to start behaving like a normal human being but if you dont see the issue with using 04 for such a point instead of 06 youre worse than I thought. And ive been pretty sure youre either literally insane or a counter troll here to make people hate Jordan for some time anyway. You wanna harp on a couple guys who didnt play go right ahead. Its just pretty....stupid.

No other way to put it.

I'm pretty sure he's insane. He has made similar accounts on other forums making posts in his distinctive style. He typically gets banned instantly. No way anyone could keep up the counter-troll schtick up this long.

3ball
10-22-2020, 03:57 AM

No other way to put it.

Lebron should never lose to Carlos Arroyo.. by blowout

He had 13 minutes (40 minute game) to outplay him and Carlos destroyed him... Lebron couldn't even step up defensively to stop him.. lol

And it's just like 06', you're right.. lebron really got destroyed then.. it just adds to the many losses he took during that time, often wetting the bed like the Arroyo domination or the many losses and clutch failures in 06 World Hames.. or the 07' Finals, 08' ECF, or losses at goat favorites from 09-11'.

He finally got through against Westbrook-ball, the baby version, and then was saved in 13'.. solved and blown away in 14'...

Tbh, only in the Warriors era of beginner-ball, aka spacing, freedom of movement, hands-off mickey mouse did lebron start to be more reliable to not totally suck

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 04:47 AM
Theres just....not much to talk about for 04. But it comes up now and then as if people literally dont know he wasnt playing. I just dont get how with so much obsession and some of you being hundreds of thousands of words into this argument you keep to the same basic points over and over. On the rare occasion I can even read some of them its always the same. No variety. And theres always something better to use that gets ignored.

Ive been wondering why when the issue comes up of Lebron never losing in the first round none of your side beings up 05 when the Cavs and Lebron pushed so hard to make the playoffs and he tried to Kobe/Jordan his way in and kept having those 12-35 or whatever games and had that losing streak the last week to put their season to bed.

Lost 3-4 in a row with Lebron gunning and thats why they missed the 05 playoffs which is why he never lost in the first round.

Been waiting for someone to notice and call attention to it. But no. Same points every time. Why have I not read anyone ask how Lebron while supposedly elevating his teammates so much had his team score 61 points in a game 7 while he totally vanished second half? Lots of unused material.

I like the classics when I go to my favorite restaurants too but sometimes you gotta switch it up. Yall dudes stay getting the sesame chicken combo and shrimp fried rice as if the chinese place menu isnt 4 pages.

Switch it up. You might like the Mongolian beef.

Variety is everything.

Bronbron23
10-22-2020, 07:24 AM

U just exposing your lack of knowledge. That Croatia team was actually alright.

Roundball_Rock
10-22-2020, 10:21 AM
Another problem with invoking the Olympics for your agenda, you know who the team's coach, Chuck Daly, said was the best player on the 92' Dream Team, right? :lol

PeroAntic
10-22-2020, 10:38 AM

Congrats, you managed to have an argument even dumber than op. Croatia and Lithuania were great teams.

8Ball
10-22-2020, 10:46 AM

:roll:

Lol a bunch of players that wouldn't make a random high school team in the USA today.

Hey Yo
10-22-2020, 11:18 AM
MJ says no to Dream team 2

"I don't like giving advice on things like that," said Jordan. "Everybody has their own individual goals. Some players may have goals of representing their country, and if that's the case, they should go. But they should know what they're getting into, a grueling five-week process that will eventually take its toll on you mentally and physically."
Beating teams by 50 was so grueling for Mike. :oldlol::oldlol:

It "allgedly" took a huge toll on him mentally and physically.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/22/sports/pro-basketball-jordan-says-no-thanks-to-the-dream-team-ii.html

dankok8
10-22-2020, 11:23 AM
The 2016 World Championship was quite bad too. Getting smacked by Greece was a pretty bad look!

Gohan
10-22-2020, 11:26 AM
3ball you’re cool and all but this thread is sad to say the least

ralph_i_el
10-22-2020, 01:49 PM
Looks like the level of international basketball is much higher now.

Imagine playing in an expansion league before international players were common. The level of play must have been so much lower....

HylianNightmare
10-22-2020, 02:13 PM
Mi gente

GrayGoat
10-22-2020, 05:29 PM
As a new poster I notice Op seems to get bamboozled in every thread he makes about LeBron

Kiddlovesnets
10-22-2020, 05:33 PM
Iverson is a cancer, Marbury is a cancer. Usually one cancer is enough to kill you, what if you have two?

GrayGoat
10-22-2020, 05:35 PM
Iverson is a cancer, Marbury is a cancer. Usually one cancer is enough to kill you, what if you have two?

LeBron had cancer (Kyrie) and still won. That counts as two chips

tpols
10-22-2020, 05:36 PM

I remember looking it up and those two took by far the most shots on the team and shot like shit. (shocker)

And Iverson won an MVP over Kobe and Shaq. :facepalm

Imagine giving those two knuckleheads double the shots you'd give Tim Duncan, just because theyre flashy and look cool.

:facepalm

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 06:28 PM
I somehow doubt flashy coolness motivated Larry Browns decision making.

Everyone here at the time was saying to play the young guys(Wade and Lebron) and let them run since nobody could stop them playing that way but he wasn’t going for it.

They played small guard led ball like he was back in college playing in a tournament.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Apparently he ran off Jason Kidd who led the dominant 03 team that had Tmac on it:

[Emeka] Okafor: The team kind of came together at the last minute. Everyone was trying to cater to Coach Brown’s style which is a little bit different to what they would’ve wanted. Coach Brown didn’t really like to play young guys. At all. Even I think LeBron, D-Wade and Melo didn’t play as much. We all played the least, us young guys. […]
Stephon Marbury (2004 Olympian, USA): To me it was simple: they picked the wrong coach at the time. […]

Marbury: I really had a bad experience with Larry Brown in the Olympics. It was a team full of All-Stars and he was trying to coach the team like it was his team. Telling guys how to play the “right way,” what they should and shouldn’t do on the court, instead of just trying to win that gold medal.
[Richard] Jefferson: I think Larry Brown tried to use the USA team as a tool. It was when AND1 basketball was going on. He was trying to do something for the game of basketball and trying to put out a certain style of play and a certain style of message versus us just going out there and trying to win games and trying to accomplish things. I remember in the qualifier for the Olympics, he told Jason Kidd, “Hey Jason, I know you’re really good at the fast break, but I want you to stop at the free-throw line and throw a bounce pass to one of the wings.” And you’re sitting here talking to the second all-time leading assist guy and one of the most dominant point guards of all time. Truth be told, that’s probably why nine guys decided that they didn’t want to go do the Olympics.

Kblaze8855
10-22-2020, 06:35 PM
This team likely wins in 04:

https://youtu.be/OllYq1wFwAQ

Kidd, Ray Allen, Tmac, Jermaine O’Neal, and Duncan with AI and Carter.

And1AllDay
10-22-2020, 06:45 PM

Lol a bunch of players that wouldn't make a random high school team in the USA today.

dat international comp

:roll: even got Ty Lue shoooketh :oldlol:

And1AllDay
10-22-2020, 06:46 PM
MJ says no to Dream team 2

"I don't like giving advice on things like that," said Jordan. "Everybody has their own individual goals. Some players may have goals of representing their country, and if that's the case, they should go. But they should know what they're getting into, a grueling five-week process that will eventually take its toll on you mentally and physically."
Beating teams by 50 was so grueling for Mike. :oldlol::oldlol:

It "allgedly" took a huge toll on him mentally and physically.

https://www.nytimes.com/1993/01/22/sports/pro-basketball-jordan-says-no-thanks-to-the-dream-team-ii.html

tiny mind mike :oldlol:

tpols
10-22-2020, 07:33 PM
Apparently he ran off Jason Kidd who led the dominant 03 team that had Tmac on it:

[Emeka] Okafor: The team kind of came together at the last minute. Everyone was trying to cater to Coach Brown’s style which is a little bit different to what they would’ve wanted. Coach Brown didn’t really like to play young guys. At all. Even I think LeBron, D-Wade and Melo didn’t play as much. We all played the least, us young guys. […]
Stephon Marbury (2004 Olympian, USA): To me it was simple: they picked the wrong coach at the time. […]
Marbury: I really had a bad experience with Larry Brown in the Olympics. It was a team full of All-Stars and he was trying to coach the team like it was his team. Telling guys how to play the “right way,” what they should and shouldn’t do on the court, instead of just trying to win that gold medal.
[Richard] Jefferson: I think Larry Brown tried to use the USA team as a tool. It was when AND1 basketball was going on. He was trying to do something for the game of basketball and trying to put out a certain style of play and a certain style of message versus us just going out there and trying to win games and trying to accomplish things. I remember in the qualifier for the Olympics, he told Jason Kidd, “Hey Jason, I know you’re really good at the fast break, but I want you to stop at the free-throw line and throw a bounce pass to one of the wings.” And you’re sitting here talking to the second all-time leading assist guy and one of the most dominant point guards of all time. Truth be told, that’s probably why nine guys decided that they didn’t want to go do the Olympics.

That's even more damning.

Larry Brown ran off Jason Kidd from the team because he didn't fit the "AND-1" mold Iverson and Marbury possessed. LOL. I guess after coaching allen iverson for so long he was brain washed into thinking that type of play would win. Larry Brown was basically emotionally married to Iverson due to their one underdog cinderella run where they still lost.

If you let Jason Kidd and Tim Duncan control all of the action, instead of starbury and AI, I GUARANTEE the USA would have won a gold medal.

tpols
10-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Marbury: I really had a bad experience with Larry Brown in the Olympics. It was a team full of All-Stars and he was trying to coach the team like it was his team.

What?

Marbury was a ghetto punk.

Roundball_Rock
10-22-2020, 08:53 PM
Another problem with invoking the Olympics for your agenda, you know who the team's coach, Chuck Daly, said was the best player on the 92' Dream Team, right? :lol

Who is going to tell him? :oldlol:

3ball
10-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Who is going to tell him? :oldlol:

in 17 years, pippen was occasionally complimented for hustle and glue guy/role player stuff

He was never complimented for his offense - EVER - let that sink in

Ultimately, the bulls would've needed more than pippen in the super-team 80's, and he was simply a luckbox to arrive in the 90's during a 2-star vs 2-star format.. anyone wins alongside the goat in a 2-star format, including pippen's trash nimbers