PDA

View Full Version : Offseason Trades Thread 2020

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2020, 05:56 AM
Post trade ideas here.

76ers trade Ben Simmons to LA Clippers for Paul George.

LA Clippers add someone who can play point guard on offense and give the Clippers some juice in transition/slashing to the rim. They relied too much on jumpers in the playoffs and lacked playmaking. Ben covers those two holes very well. He's also bigger than PG13 and possibly a better defender than him overall at this point in their careers. Ben would be a good defender on both AD and Lebron in a series with the Lakers, while also being able to guard 1-5 even better than PG can.

The place where it's a down grade is obviously shooting, but the Clippers do have shooters still. They'll have much better spacing than the 76ers did which will open up the game for Ben more. I think Ben is good enough that the Clippers can still be competing for the chip after this move.

This move also gives them some protection from both of their star players being able to just bounce after this next season as Ben is under contract for the next few years, and also gives them a good young asset to build around if this iteration of the Clippers ends up failing.

For the 76ers at this point they need to pick whether they want to build around Simmons or Embiid. If I'm the 6ers I prefer building around Embiid because he's going to be a top 10 or at least fringe top 10 player every year he's healthy and gives you solid defense at the most important defensive position while Simmons has a ceiling as a top 20 player at best if he never decides to shoot. This makes Embiid the better player to build around as the first option, I also think Embiid will be a better recruiter in terms of getting other stars to join the 76ers.

So if Embiid is the guy you want to build around, you need to give him a wing/guard creator and more spacing. PG13 obviously had a poor playoffs in the bubble, but his stats in the Nuggets series were actually fine besides Game 7. His trade value is at a nadir and perhaps the 6ers can hoodwink Ballmer into panic moving him given he is likely very frustrated with George atm and George despite his talent is not well loved in the Clippers locker room by all reports.

George would give the 76ers some much needed shooting, and is a guy who theoretically should be able to get his own shot in a playoff game and help share the offensive load with Embiid who has had conditioning issues. He would also be following Doc to Philly, which would give Doc some continuity.

Overall I think now is a good time to try to nab George who is a very talented player who is being undervalued currently.

Who says no?

What trades have you thought of?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2020, 06:00 AM
I say no if I'm the 76ers. Playoff P's value is at all time low. Doubt they could get Simmons. He's also like 31 years old now.

Al Horford for Kevin Love?

ThatCoolKid
10-23-2020, 06:15 AM
I say no if I'm the 76ers. Playoff P's value is at all time low. Doubt they could get Simmons. He's also like 31 years old now.

Al Horford for Kevin Love?

I think it's hard to get a legit star back trading Simmons or Embiid so I see it as an opportunity. He'll be 31 next year, not too old. Fair enough though.

I say no if I'm the Cavaliers. Love is younger and the better 3 point shooter which has a lot of value. Maybe some team that wants to win now values that. Plus Horford looked like he fell off a cliff last year and is still getting paid big money for 3 more years. That is going to be an ugly 3 years for Philly. You'd have to give me picks to do that trade if I'm the Cavs.

NBAGOAT
10-23-2020, 06:36 AM
philly needs assets in return and still dont do it unless george agrees to an extension. for horford love, philly would give cavs a pick or 2 for sure.

I think horford gets traded for one of 3 guys hield, paul, or rozier. I also want to see where jrue and oladipo get dealt. maybe see some sign and trades with gallinari, vanvleet and harrell since right now barely any teams can go after those guys

ArbitraryWater
10-23-2020, 06:42 AM
Lakers looking to get Hield, Paul

NugzFan
10-23-2020, 11:53 AM
Lakers looking to get Hield, Paul

By trading who?

Xiao Yao You
10-23-2020, 11:57 AM
By trading who?

that's not important. They are also getting Barnes!

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2020, 07:46 PM
Thunder: Green, Kuzma, Bradley, McGee, Rondo (s&t balloon payment to make salaries work) 2020 1st round pick

Lakers: Chris Paul

Thunder get hardcapped at apron but doubt they care. Could be a third team who could use Bradley, McGee or Green and give 2nds.

highwhey
10-23-2020, 07:57 PM
Thunder: Green, Kuzma, Bradley, McGee, Rondo (s&t balloon payment to make salaries work) 2020 1st round pick

Lakers: Chris Paul

Thunder get hardcapped at apron but doubt they care. Could be a third team who could use Bradley, McGee or Green and give 2nds.

this would be silly for the lakers, they would lose depth for an aging cp3

i feel like a better priority would be getting shooters

NBAGOAT
10-23-2020, 08:24 PM
For clips trade for rose or schroder. Likely include shamet or mann

For rockets unload Gordon for someone cheaper and better by attaching an asset. I’ll throw out Terrence Ross. Even Gordon for horford can be considered.

For mavs take a flier on oladipo but just do hardaway and pick. No kleber or dfs.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2020, 10:36 PM
this would be silly for the lakers, they would lose depth for an aging cp3

i feel like a better priority would be getting shooters

I tend to agree. Just spitballing. Would you do it if you’re the Thunder?

RoundMoundOfReb
10-23-2020, 10:37 PM
For clips trade for rose or schroder. Likely include shamet or mann

For rockets unload Gordon for someone cheaper and better by attaching an asset. I’ll throw out Terrence Ross. Even Gordon for horford can be considered.

For mavs take a flier on oladipo but just do hardaway and pick. No kleber or dfs.

Isn’t Rose just Lou 2.0

I like the Gordon for Horford framework.

If I’m the pacers I just keep oladipo for that value.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2020, 12:45 AM
Isn’t Rose just Lou 2.0

I like the Gordon for Horford framework.

If I’m the pacers I just keep oladipo for that value.

Rose is but they seem to be desperate for some playmaking at pg and there aren’t many options. I think schroder is definitely the better player but he makes 18mil to roses 7 and likely demands more assets in a trade

Agreed for Indiana but oladipo seems disgruntled so Indiana may have to settle for a bad deal. Oladipo just doesn’t have too much value coming off a injury on an expiring and wants to really get paid on an extension.

PeroAntic
10-24-2020, 07:09 AM
Rose is but they seem to be desperate for some playmaking at pg and there aren’t many options. I think schroder is definitely the better player but he makes 18mil to roses 7 and likely demands more assets in a trade

Schroder is not better than Rose for the playoffs. The intangibles that Rose brings (leadership, clutch ability) make him a better investment than Schroder. And hes a much better playmaker than Lou.

NBAGOAT
10-24-2020, 07:18 AM
Schroder is not better than Rose for the playoffs. The intangibles that Rose brings (leadership, clutch ability) make him a better investment than Schroder. And hes a much better playmaker than Lou.

rose hasnt been in the playoffs since 2015 so I wouldnt be that confident. The defensive gap is just pretty big. he's a better playmaker than lou but that's a bit roster dependent. he only put up 4 with minn last year

PeroAntic
10-24-2020, 07:36 AM
rose hasnt been in the playoffs since 2015 so I wouldnt be that confident. The defensive gap is just pretty big. he's a better playmaker than lou but that's a bit roster dependent. he only put up 4 with minn last year

Rose played mostly off the ball in Minnesota. Put the ball in his hands and he gets about 3 more per game. He was also in the playoffs in 2018, averaged 14 points in 22 minutes on 50 percent shooting. If Thibs decided to actually play him maybe they wouldn't have lost from the Rockets (or would have grabbed a game or two more at least).

Jasper
10-24-2020, 02:38 PM
Beal Schoder CP3 will all be on Bucks radar...
They already have passed on Rose 4 years ago , so I doubt it will happen.

ArbitraryWater
10-24-2020, 02:40 PM

Nobody needs "Rose leadership" and quantifiably he won't be any more productive in clutch time than Schröder, don't be delusional.

PeroAntic
10-24-2020, 05:55 PM
Nobody needs "Rose leadership" and quantifiably he won't be any more productive in clutch time than Schröder, don't be delusional.
The Clippers need Rose leadership badly. Hes always been the go to guy in clutch situations. And he sets the pace of the game much better than Schroder too.