PDA

View Full Version : KD: "People argue Lebron is Great but If I beat him in back to back finals, what does

kawhileonard2
10-27-2020, 10:48 PM
KD: "People argue Lebron is Great but If I beat him in back to back finals, what does it make me?

KD kinda has a point. Do y'all agree? pic.twitter.com/Ba8tmO6Y8T

— Depressed Nets Fan (@DepressedNet) October 27, 2020

Nilocon165
10-27-2020, 10:53 PM
Quote was fake

Axe
10-27-2020, 11:10 PM
Asterisked b2b titles :applause:

And1AllDay
10-27-2020, 11:24 PM
keep going kd

https://i.postimg.cc/qBSKsxtJ/keep-going.png

dankok8
10-27-2020, 11:32 PM
KD not just beat him but outplayed him in one of those Finals in 2017. And even in the other two he played him pretty close.

Anyways KD is a top 20 all time player. He's proven that.

Kiddlovesnets
10-27-2020, 11:32 PM
Yeah he has a point, Durant was definitely the best player in the league from 2018 to 2019 before he injured himself. If the FMVP in 2017 was a fluke, then the back to back FMVP in 2018 proved he was the clear-cut best player. After all he defeated Lebron in the Finals with a dominant 8-1 record, theres something about dominating your opposition like this.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-27-2020, 11:49 PM
Give Klay, Green, to Lebron in exchange for Rondo/KCP and tell me how many b2b2b Lebron will win against anybody.

Fact is KD lost to Warriors in West finals and jumped ship to a alrdy 60-70 win team. KD rings are all (***********).

kawhileonard2
10-27-2020, 11:50 PM
Lebron jumped ship 4x with stars each time. Went from Shaq/Jamison to Wade/Bosh to Kyrie/Bosh to Anthony Davis/Dwight/Rondo

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
10-27-2020, 11:58 PM
Lebron jumped ship 4x with stars each time. Went from Shaq/Jamison to Wade/Bosh to Kyrie/Bosh to Anthony Davis/Dwight/Rondo

Put the pipe down, you dont know what your talking about.

Bronbron23
10-28-2020, 12:01 AM
Hard to argue honestly. And it sucks for bron stans because they cant even use the colluding excuse.

Lebron23
10-28-2020, 12:10 AM
KD not just beat him but outplayed him in one of those Finals in 2017. And even in the other two he played him pretty close.

Anyways KD is a top 20 all time player. He's proven that.

He joined a 73 wins team. You stupid european.

TheGoatest
10-28-2020, 12:11 AM
Durant had the potential to be top 10, but he perma-ruined his legacy by joining a 73 win team that just beat him. Giannis would do the same if he joins the Heat.

Lebron23
10-28-2020, 12:13 AM
Hard to argue honestly. And it sucks for bron stans because they cant even use the colluding excuse.

Lakers would beat the brooklyn nets in a best of 7 series. I don't see them advancing in the conference finals.

Lebron23
10-28-2020, 12:13 AM
keep going kd

https://i.postimg.cc/qBSKsxtJ/keep-going.png

This. Durant is top 16-20

Bronbron23
10-28-2020, 12:18 AM
Lakers would beat the brooklyn nets in a best of 7 series. I don't see them advancing in the conference finals.

Yeah probably but kd isn't gonna be the same and davis is the better second.

AlternativeAcc.
10-28-2020, 12:24 AM
KD has been the alpha of every team he's played for, including the best team of all time.

He's top 5 all time.

Bronbron23
10-28-2020, 12:37 AM
Yeah probably but kd isn't gonna be the same and davis is the better second.

KD has been the alpha of every team he's played for, including the best team of all time.

He's top 5 all time.

No he hasnt. He was to scared to tell westbrook to stop shooting so much in okc and he was clearly scared of Draymond. He was the best player. He definitely wasn't the alpha though.

Bawkish
10-28-2020, 01:23 AM
KD, be like:

"GOAT defender in every position? i drained b2b clutch 3s in his face & he can't do anything about it"

Axe
10-28-2020, 01:28 AM
Tbh, he didn't need to hop an already-stacked dynasty team to make several finals trips. The dubs' last two rings became cakewalks for given reasons but also boring at the same time.

Their rivalry against the cavs could have been less lopsided and thus, more interesting if he never interfered at all.

r0drig0lac
10-28-2020, 08:39 AM

:oldlol:

Wally450
10-28-2020, 08:48 AM
KD is a great player, but he's got the mental toughness of a 6 year old.

bullettooth
10-28-2020, 10:42 AM
He joined a 73 wins team. You stupid european.

A LeBron fan calling a European stupid. LOL

MadDog
10-28-2020, 11:11 AM
Even if KD didn't say that, its still true :confusedshrug: What exactly did LeBron do that Durant hasn't? Both quit on their franchises when the going got tough, and then teamhopped with another superstar/multiple stars. The only reason LeBron gets "credit" for his championships is that he made his decision first. You're clueless if you think AD/KD don't run amok. They would own the league every year.

Kiddlovesnets
10-28-2020, 11:27 AM
For me personally, I never think Lebron colluding is anything despicable. The Cavs were a terrible franchise, and not every team is like the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs. Lebron has every right to make his own superteam, and as long as he won titles the rings would count as much as otherwise. However, Durant did the same thing as Lebron basically, and if you are okay with Lebron's decision you must also be fine with Durant's. So the thing is, you cant be double-standard. Either you despise both Lebron and Durant for colluding, or you are fine with them both, you cant be okay with Lebron colluding and then despise Durant joining the Warriors.

hold this L
10-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Even if KD didn't say that, its still true :confusedshrug: What exactly did LeBron do that Durant hasn't? Both quit on their franchises when the going got tough, and then teamhopped with another superstar/multiple stars. The only reason LeBron gets "credit" for his championships is that he made his decision first. You're clueless if you think AD/KD don't run amok. They would own the league every year.
Won 3 more MVPs and 2 more championships.

pandiani17
10-28-2020, 12:53 PM

Turn non-playoff teams like the Cavs or Lakers into champions? Let's see how many finals KD makes in the "weak" East in the upcoming years. His following seasons will give us a clue where he stands in the all-time rankings. The Warriors years are not an indicative of anything, because he played for the most stacked team of all-time.

ThatCoolKid
10-28-2020, 01:42 PM
For me personally, I never think Lebron colluding is anything despicable. The Cavs were a terrible franchise, and not every team is like the Lakers, Celtics and Spurs. Lebron has every right to make his own superteam, and as long as he won titles the rings would count as much as otherwise. However, Durant did the same thing as Lebron basically, and if you are okay with Lebron's decision you must also be fine with Durant's. So the thing is, you cant be double-standard. Either you despise both Lebron and Durant for colluding, or you are fine with them both, you cant be okay with Lebron colluding and then despise Durant joining the Warriors.

I don't despise Durant for colluding. He made the best choice if he wanted to win. He is a little p*ssy about it though. "Hardest Road" shows that he is delusional.

And it's obvious to anyone impartial that Lebron was the better player than Durant in 2017 and 2018 regardless if Durant was feasting off of Steph and Klay's spacing and teams hard doubling Steph. Durant struggled heavily having to carry the load as number 1 in OKC and his efficiency dropped every year in the postseason. People who think Durant "outplayed" Lebron in 2017 or 2018 are low IQ. Warriors were an elite defense while Cavs were a sieve those two seasons, not to mention the gravity of Steph being the number 1 option on those teams opened to floor up for Durant. I remember multiple plays where two Cav defenders ran to defend Curry on a fastbreak at the 3 point line giving Durant an open dunk :lol

NBASTATMAN
10-28-2020, 01:56 PM
so i guess this means that NASH IS BETTER THAN KOBE... END OF THREAD

Mr. Woke
10-28-2020, 06:22 PM
He made a great point.

I have immense respect for KD. Amazing talent, very mentally tough, and very likable.

Axe
10-28-2020, 10:45 PM
so i guess this means that NASH IS BETTER THAN KOBE... END OF THREAD
10-8 h2h in the postseason

tanibanana
10-28-2020, 10:57 PM
This kind of character right here, why he is called CUPCAKE.

Mr. Woke
10-29-2020, 12:00 AM
This kind of character right here, why he is called CUPCAKE.

Salty KD hater spotted.

Mr. Woke
10-29-2020, 12:05 AM
I don't despise Durant for colluding. He made the best choice if he wanted to win. He is a little p*ssy about it though. "Hardest Road" shows that he is delusional.

And it's obvious to anyone impartial that Lebron was the better player than Durant in 2017 and 2018 regardless if Durant was feasting off of Steph and Klay's spacing and teams hard doubling Steph. Durant struggled heavily having to carry the load as number 1 in OKC and his efficiency dropped every year in the postseason. People who think Durant "outplayed" Lebron in 2017 or 2018 are low IQ. Warriors were an elite defense while Cavs were a sieve those two seasons, not to mention the gravity of Steph being the number 1 option on those teams opened to floor up for Durant. I remember multiple plays where two Cav defenders ran to defend Curry on a fastbreak at the 3 point line giving Durant an open dunk :lol

It was the hardest road for him. That's all that matters to him.

What we think is ultimately irrelevant.

KD was the best player on those Warriors teams.

Mr. Woke
10-29-2020, 12:07 AM
Asterisked b2b titles :applause:

Nope. There was no cheating involved.

Axe
10-29-2020, 01:24 AM
Nope. There was no cheating involved.
Kawit in the 2017 wcf and cp3 in the 2018 wcf succumbing to their respective injuries don't mean anything?

MadDog
10-29-2020, 01:32 AM
Turn non-playoff teams like the Cavs or Lakers into champions?

LeBron didn't turn the Lakers into anything. They were lottery bound before AD came. Davis led LA in playoff scoring/defense and, well, now they're champions :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
10-29-2020, 01:39 AM
http://sportspickle.com/nba/kevin-durant-silences-critics-said-never-help-73-9-team-win-championship.html

TheCorporation
10-29-2020, 01:53 AM
http://sportspickle.com/nba/kevin-durant-silences-critics-said-never-help-73-9-team-win-championship.html

:roll::roll:

https://i.postimg.cc/nzyftzR8/u-DIDit-Bro.png

Andrei89
10-29-2020, 03:51 AM
KD blew a 3-1 lead vs the 73-9 Warriors.

Lebron then a few weeks later beat that team in the finals after being down 3-1 and led everyone in all categories.

Durant is a bitch lmao

Mr. Woke
10-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Kawit in the 2017 wcf and cp3 in the 2018 wcf succumbing to their respective injuries don't mean anything?

That isn't cheating lol.

Try to keep up.

Mr. Woke
10-29-2020, 09:42 AM
KD blew a 3-1 lead vs the 73-9 Warriors.

Lebron then a few weeks later beat that team in the finals after being down 3-1 and led everyone in all categories.

Durant is a bitch lmao

*OKC blew the lead.

They weren't the favorites to win anyway. KD is no bitch.

pandiani17
10-29-2020, 01:48 PM
Well, if he is as good as LeBron he should win one championship with Brooklyn Nest in the following years. And then move to another lottery team and repeat the process.

Dbrog
10-29-2020, 01:59 PM
What would all you teenage Bron-stans say if KD actually faces Bron in the finals next year and beats him again? Serious question, what would that change for you?

SouBeachTalents
10-29-2020, 06:26 PM
What would all you teenage Bron-stans say if KD actually faces Bron in the finals next year and beats him again? Serious question, what would that change for you?
I'd give Durant complete props if he leads the Nets to a title, but I can't wait to see people hold a 36 year old LeBron in his 18th season to best player in the world standards, when essentially all but a handful of ATG's were completely washed by that point in their careers