PDA

View Full Version : How come pip couldn't make an all star team without phil?

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 05:43 PM
Asked this question to a few mj haters and i still haven't got a response.

MadDog
10-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Asked this question to a few mj haters and i still haven't got a response.

Because Jordan and the triangle carried him. :confusedshrug: Might not be some "absolute fact" but its closer to the TRUTH than most are willing to admit

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 05:55 PM
Because Jordan and the triangle carried him. :confusedshrug: Might not be some "absolute fact" but its closer to the TRUTH than most are willing to admit

I wasnt even gonna bring mj into it. Thats definitely why he won chips but we've seen pip make an all star team and look really good without mj. We've never seen without phil though. As you said the triangle was perfect for maximizing pips offensive game and deficiencies.

Be interesting to see if any of these bron srains can answer.

Gray GOAT
10-29-2020, 05:58 PM
No Pip, no chip.

RoundMoundOfReb
10-29-2020, 06:00 PM
Too busy being all-defense.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:01 PM
No Pip, no chip.

No phil all stars nil:facepalm

tpols
10-29-2020, 06:03 PM
Pippen tried forming a big 3 with Charles Barkley and an (old) Hakeem. Hakeem was washed but look up Barkley's playoff stats. 24/14 on elite efficiency. Pippen? 18/12/6 looks nice til you see he did it on poor efficiency and even had a worse DRTG than Sir Charles. 32% from the field to Barkley's 52%. Pippen was in the negative while Barkley was big time in the positive. And then Pippen had the balls to say Chuck wasn't a winner. :oldlol: Chuck never got to play with Michael Jordan. If he did they would've reigned hell on the league.

Gray GOAT
10-29-2020, 06:06 PM
No phil all stars nil:facepalm

34 year old Pippen was 3rd in voting behind only prime Duncan and prime Garnett. :oldlol:
35 year old Pippen was 4th in voting behind only peak Webber, prime Duncan and prime Garnett. :oldlol:

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 06:07 PM
It might have something to do with him being well past his prime at 34 with a multiple of injuries, but what do I know? OP is a moronic troll, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believes Pippen wouldn't have been an all star on the Sonics if the Pippen/Kemp deal went down in 94.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:09 PM
Pippen tried forming a big 3 with Charles Barkley and an (old) Hakeem. Hakeem was washed but look up Barkley's playoff stats. 24/14 on elite efficiency. Pippen? 18/12/6 looks nice til you see he did it on poor efficiency and even had a worse DRTG than Sir Charles. 32% from the field to Barkley's 52%. Pippen was in the negative while Barkley was big time in the positive. And then Pippen had the balls to say Chuck wasn't a winner. :oldlol: Chuck never got to play with Michael Jordan. If he did they would've reigned hell on the league.

Yeah that be crazy to see. Loved barkley

RoundMoundOfReb
10-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Also no all-star game in 1999, which would've been his best chance. Had there been an all-star game that year no-doubt first team all-defense NBA Legend Pippen should have gotten in on reputation alone.

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Also no all-star game in 1999, which would've been his best chance. Had there been an all-star game that year no-doubt first team all-defense NBA Legend Pippen should have gotten in on reputation alone.

If the Bulls were still together in 2000 I'm pretty sure he would have been an all star. As I've said before, besides his back spasming sometimes, he was actually better physically in 99 and 2000 than he was in 98. He couldn't even get any lift coming off the surgery in 98. In that 2000 season with the Blazers he basically coasted for a good half of the season. On the Bulls he wouldn't have been able to do that and would have been more aggressive throughout the season like he was in the 2000 playoffs.

LonelyOwl
10-29-2020, 06:17 PM
No Pip, no Chip

https://i.postimg.cc/CKNFwfn3/mj-ring-flowchart.png

MadDog
10-29-2020, 06:18 PM
I wasnt even gonna bring mj into it. Thats definitely why he won chips but we've seen pip make an all star team and look really good without mj. We've never seen without phil though. As you said the triangle was perfect for maximizing pips offensive game and deficiencies.

Yeah the triangle definitely played a part. His playoff assists maxed out at ~6 (5 during the second 3-peat with 3 turnovers :oldlol:) Still wondering why he is lauded as John Stockton or something. Pippen was a "good" playmaker and nothing more.

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 06:20 PM

Except it wasn't. The triangle offense is a slow down, half court offense. Pippen was at his best offensively in the open court where he is one of the best all time. The perfect offense to maximize his game would have been an up tempo offense, obviously.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:21 PM
34 year old Pippen was 3rd in voting behind only prime Duncan and prime Garnett. :oldlol:
35 year old Pippen was 4th in voting behind only peak Webber, prime Duncan and prime Garnett. :oldlol:

Whd didn't he make it though? Why couldn't he even score 15 points a game without phil? Still waiting :facepalm

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:22 PM
It might have something to do with him being well past his prime at 34 with a multiple of injuries, but what do I know? OP is a moronic troll, but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believes Pippen wouldn't have been an all star on the Sonics if the Pippen/Kemp deal went down in 94.

What about before phill though? And hows it trolling? Its a simple question.

LonelyOwl
10-29-2020, 06:22 PM
Whd didn't he make it though? Why couldn't he even score 15 points a game without phil? Still waiting :facepalm

Because he was old and way past his prime you f*cktard

Gray GOAT
10-29-2020, 06:23 PM
Guys, why did Tim Duncan never make an All-Star team without Greg Popovich? Still waiting. :facepalm

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:27 PM
Except it wasn't. The triangle offense is a slow down, half court offense. Pippen was at his best offensively in the open court where he is one of the best all time. The perfect offense to maximize his game would have been an up tempo offense, obviously.

What? Thats dumb dude. The bulls ran when they could lol. It was a different day though. Defenders could actually pick you up full court and physically ride your ass. The triangle was a great on and off ball moving system. Lots of screens and cuts. Pip was a mediocre iso scorer. He needed that to get good looks.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:28 PM

What about before? You obviously didnt even know pip played without phil at first. But im The ****tard:facepalm

LonelyOwl
10-29-2020, 06:31 PM
What about before? You obviously didnt even know pip played without phil at first. But im The ****tard:facepalm
How many rookies make the all star game their rookie season.

Come on now :facepalm

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 06:33 PM

I dunno, maybe because he had only played two seasons up until that point and it was well before his prime? He was going to continue to improve regardless of who the coach was.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:41 PM
I dunno, maybe because he had only played two seasons up until that point and it was well before his prime? He was going to continue to improve regardless of who the coach was.

Thats Obvious dumbass. Its a setup question. Pip was Obviously young and still gettimg better. The question is just as dumb and obvious as yall 1-9 idiots.

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 06:44 PM
How many rookies make the all star game their rookie season.

Come on now :facepalm

Well jordan did and pip wasnt a young rookie. He was 22 and that still dosnt explain year 2.

Roundball_Rock
10-29-2020, 07:04 PM

None of these MJ stains ever watched Pippen play. :lol

How many all-star games did Stockton make without Sloan? In fact he, was riding the bench for 3 years under Layden.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Didn't have the opportunity. Technically you can say I'm wrong, tho Pip was past his prime in 99.

Thought he was better in 2000 personally. Fell of a bit defensively however shot the ball better in the playoffs. Pip's 2PT and 3PT percentages were all better by a significant margin.

Roundball_Rock
10-29-2020, 07:27 PM
Didn't have the opportunity. Technically you can say I'm wrong, tho Pip was past his prime in 99.

Thought he was better in 2000 personally. Fell of a bit defensively however shot the ball better in the playoffs. Pip's 2PT and 3PT percentages were all better by a significant margin.

It is like Stockton. They spent their entire primes with the same coach. Stockton didn't even start for 3/4 years before Sloan. The OP is based on the amusing premise that Pippen would have never been an all-star if Collins had remained.

Yeah. He was a borderline all-star in 2000 but didn't make it. He was better in the PO than the RS, he appeared to be pacing himself. He had a ton of mileage after 6 finals, 8 ECF, 2 Olympics at that point and was gearing up for another deep run in 00'.

Portland was a deep team but a team without a superstar. That meant no one put up big stats. People who watched those teams know how valuable he was in Portland--just look at how their offense struggled without him and their W-L record when he was out and after he left. Basically, whenever he played they had a top 5 winning percentage in the league. When he didn't, and when he left, they were .500. Their problem was all the top teams were in the same conference.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-29-2020, 08:03 PM
It is like Stockton. They spent their entire primes with the same coach. Stockton didn't even start for 3/4 years before Sloan. The OP is based on the amusing premise that Pippen would have never been an all-star if Collins had remained.

Yeah. He was a borderline all-star in 2000 but didn't make it. He was better in the PO than the RS, he appeared to be pacing himself. He had a ton of mileage after 6 finals, 8 ECF, 2 Olympics at that point and was gearing up for another deep run in 00'.

Portland was a deep team but a team without a superstar. That meant no one put up big stats. People who watched those teams know how valuable he was in Portland--just look at how their offense struggled without him and their W-L record when he was out and after he left. Basically, whenever he played they had a top 5 winning percentage in the league. When he didn't, and when he left, they were .500. Their problem was all the top teams were in the same conference.

For sure.

Pip didn’t average the all-star numbers or whatever, but his impact was definitely there. Still made an All Defensive Team and had a Net Plus in both ORAPM and DRAPM.

During the playoffs, Pip was third in overall RAPM. Not exactly the biggest sample in the world, tho I think it tells you more than basic raw numbers do. Most impact stats have more nuance than xx/yy/zz

Not a popular opinion, but to me, Portland was every bit as good as 02 SAC. Who Laker fans always say was their toughest foe. Both took Kobe and Shaq to the brink, but Pip’s squad had them on the ropes @ Staples. If that were Pippen in 98 or if Sheed and Jermaine had another year under their belt, they take em. Heck, if they had Phil that probably would’ve been enough :lol

Honor Boost
10-29-2020, 08:39 PM
No Pip, no Chip

https://i.postimg.cc/CKNFwfn3/mj-ring-flowchart.png

This is an eye opener. MJ is hugging onto his muscly torso begging for comfort like a child does with his father in dire time of need.

MadDog
10-29-2020, 10:48 PM

Jordan was an allstar at 34/35. Stop making excuses for Pippen. :oldlol:

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 10:52 PM
Jordan was an allstar at 34/35. Stop making excuses for Pippen. :oldlol:

Jordan could have been putting up 8.7ppg 1.3apg and 3.2 rpg on 48%ts and he would have been voted in by the fans for the all star game during his Wizard come back, dumb shit. He was Michael Jordan.

MadDog
10-29-2020, 10:58 PM
Jordan could have been putting up 8.7ppg 1.3apg and 3.2 rpg on 48%ts and he would have been voted in by the fans the all star game during his Wizard come back, dumb shit. He was Michael Jordan.

Yeah because allstars are NEVER voted for their production. :oldlol: You got me there, chief! The point is if 35 is "too old" for Pippen then maybe stop talking like he was on Jordan's level.

Smoke117
10-29-2020, 11:01 PM
Yeah because allstars are NEVER voted for their production. :oldlol: You got me there, chief! The point is if 35 is "too old" for Pippen then maybe stop talking like he was on Jordan's level.

I guess this is the alt where you just say the stupidest and dumbest ****ing shit huh? Enjoy it I guess. I'll just add you to my ignore list.

MadDog
10-29-2020, 11:09 PM
I guess this is the alt where you just say the stupidest and dumbest ****ing shit huh? Enjoy it I guess. I'll just add you to my ignore list.

:oldlol: @ this keyboard jockey. We're seeing "No Pip, No Chip" plastered in this thread. What other implication is there besides Pippen being on equal footing :confusedshrug:

Bronbron23
10-29-2020, 11:34 PM
None of these MJ stains ever watched Pippen play. :lol

How many all-star games did Stockton make without Sloan? In fact he, was riding the bench for 3 years under Layden.

Yead dude it was a dumb question and obvious troll job. Just showing you guys how idiotic 1-9 sounds. Using mj's first 3 years in the post season while he was young and obviously getting better. Just like pip.

Somehow you"ll try to explain the difference but its exactly the same. You guys are so transparent. Id knew yall idiots would fall for this shit.

Axe
10-29-2020, 11:35 PM
It's like saying klay hasn't become an all-star outside of steve kerr's tutelage.

HoopsNY
10-30-2020, 09:25 AM
BronBron is trolling you all. The reaction is hilarious. TheFakeBullsFan gets upset in this thread but never utters a word at the "1-9" fan club when they continuously post theirs. Oh wait, I forgot he IS a Bran stan. :lol

Roundball_Rock
10-30-2020, 09:40 AM

:lol FYI that is "Coach"/SamuraiSwish. He must have 20 accounts now. He has created a couple since LeBron broke his heart a few weeks ago.

It also would backfire, as usual, on their other agendas. As to substance, MJ took 2 years off in the middle of his prime. Did this matter? Look at all his contemporaries at 34/35. Only one other, Malone, had not broken down by that point. That certainly suggests he benefited from the break--since only one other contemporary didn't start to break down by that point.

When is the last time guys they hype like KJ, Price, Penny, Kemp, Porter, Majerle, Nance, Daughtery, etc. made an all-star team?

Most importantly, if KAJ was an all-NBA 1st team player at 38 and LeBron in is 17th year, why wasn't MJ in his 14th and 15th seasons? Isn't this how it works? If another player did it, why couldn't everyone? These are also apples to apples comparison. Pippen is top 25 all-time, not a GOAT candidate.

The best part of this Pippen stuff is they never apply the same "standards" to any other 90's star. They particularly won't do so for the one other comparable HOF "sidekick" of the same era: John Stockton. If they had consistency you could at least respect that but they have no core beliefs whatsoever.

Bronbron23
10-30-2020, 09:49 AM
:lol FYI that is "Coach"/SamuraiSwish. He must have 20 accounts now. He has created a couple since LeBron broke his heart a few weeks ago.

It also would backfire, as usual, on their other agendas. As to substance, MJ took 2 years off in the middle of his prime. Did this matter? Look at all his contemporaries at 34/35. Only one other, Malone, had not broken down by that point. That certainly suggests he benefited from the break--since only one other contemporary didn't start to break down by that point.

When is the last time guys they hype like KJ, Price, Penny, Kemp, Porter, Majerle, Nance, Daughtery, etc. made an all-star team?

Most importantly, if KAJ was an all-NBA 1st team player at 38 and LeBron in is 17th year, why wasn't MJ in his 14th and 15th seasons? Isn't this how it works? If another player did it, why couldn't everyone? These are also apples to apples comparison. Pippen is top 25 all-time, not a GOAT candidate.

The best part of this Pippen stuff is they never apply the same "standards" to any other 90's star. They particularly won't do so for the one other comparable HOF "sidekick" of the same era: John Stockton. If they had consistency you could at least respect that element of their nuttiness.

Its no worse than 1-9 for dude which you and countless bron stans kill on this forum. Your just made because you know its true and yall look dumb now. All yall were killing me for this idiotic post meanwhile you guys been trolling the same idiotic statement about mj and 1-9 forever.

HoopsNY
10-30-2020, 09:50 AM

MJ played 3 years of college in addition to his years in the NBA, and was still an athlete playing baseball the two years he was out. In the other thread you brought up LeBron going to the NBA straight out of high school, but now the argument is conveniently omitted.

Not to mention, you mislead others with the whole "LeBron in year 17!!!" compared to MJ in years 14 and 15, but conveniently leave out that MJ was age 39-40 then compared to LeBron's 35.

Keep it up though. Guys like myself and others (the MJ "stains" as you would put it) will just continue to expose your faulty logic and agenda driven essay posts. I'm not here to convince the muppet Bran stans who post 1 liners and memes that you love to have has your cheerleaders anyhow. It's the more level headed posters that can see right through your verbose "analyses" that matter.

Bronbron23
10-30-2020, 09:52 AM
BronBron is trolling you all. The reaction is hilarious. TheFakeBullsFan gets upset in this thread but never utters a word at the "1-9" fan club when they continuously post theirs. Oh wait, I forgot he IS a Bran stan. :lol

Yup these hypocritical idiots are just mad because i showed them how idiotic 1-9 sounds. These bron stans make this shit to easy. I dont even argue with them. You can just let them argue themselves:lol

TheGoatest
10-30-2020, 01:16 PM
Because there was no all-star game in the 1999 season, where Pip (all-defensive 1st team) would've easily been named an all-star? :confusedshrug:

Axe
10-31-2020, 12:48 AM
TheFakeBullsFan? 🤔

Baller789
10-31-2020, 09:05 AM
Bron stains fail with 1-9 faulty logic.
Yet still post it like its worth something.
I'm beginning to wonder if half of Lebronstans are autistic, not that there is anything is wrong with that.

Hey Yo
10-31-2020, 11:48 AM
Bron stains fail with 1-9 faulty logic.
Yet still post it like its worth something.
I'm beginning to wonder if half of Lebronstans are autistic, not that there is anything is wrong with that.
311 posts in just 14 days.

:roll::roll::roll:

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 11:50 AM

And that's just this alt. He's probably posting on about a half dozen other accounts, too.

Baller789
10-31-2020, 11:50 AM

I'm actually flattered. Thanks man!
I mean you actually took time and effort for that.

Baller789
10-31-2020, 11:52 AM
And that's just this alt. He's probably posting on about a half dozen other accounts, too.
1-9 lolololol

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 11:55 AM
1-9 lolololol

You desperately need a hobby.

Baller789
10-31-2020, 11:55 AM
You desperately need a hobby.

1-9

8Ball
10-31-2020, 01:16 PM

It's egokiller :roll:

3ball
10-31-2020, 01:27 PM
we've seen pip make an all star team and look really good without mj.

^^^ lies

Pippen was nothing without the perfect setup - 7 years of grooming and a 3-peat strategy/system = 55 wins just like Lowry or Marc Gasol, aka everyone... Plus the 2nd round embarrassment.. then he was a .500 bum the next year when the 3-peat luster was gone and the playoffs had exposed him

That was peak pippen.. 21 on 40% in the 2nd Round and destroyed by Ewing.. Kukoc had higher BPM in those playoffs, while grant/kukoc/bj had higher WS/48... Pippen simply wasn't a 1st option.... he was.... "a pippen"

So again, pippen never "succeeded", aka averaged 27 and 29 in the Finals like Kyrie, AD, and Wade or otherwise "carried" or "dominated".. his peak was 21 in the Finals and 19 on 42% overall.. he had 16 on 40% in 2 Finals, 5 ECF, and the 7 game war in the 92' ECSF.. 17 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs..

Only Jordan kept this guy on the map.. the 99' rockets had pippen at 3rd option (more stacked than bulls) but lost in 1st round

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 01:32 PM
^^^ lies

Pippen was nothing without the perfect setup - 7 years of grooming and a 3-peat strategy/system = 55 wins just like Lowry or Marc Gasol, aka everyone... Plus the 2nd round embarrassment.. then he was a .500 bum the next year when the 3-peat luster was gone and the playoffs had exposed him

That was peak pippen.. 21 on 40% in the 2nd Round and destroyed by Ewing.. Kukoc had higher BPM in those playoffs, while grant/kukoc/bj had higher WS/48... Pippen simply wasn't a 1st option.... he was.... "a pippen"

So again, pippen never "succeeded", aka averaged 27 and 29 in the Finals like Kyrie, AD, and Wade or otherwise "carried" or "dominated".. his peak was 21 in the Finals and 19 on 42% overall.. he had 16 on 40% in 2 Finals, 5 ECF, and the 7 game war in the 92' ECSF.. 17 on 41% for the entire 96-98' Playoffs..

Only Jordan kept this guy on the map.. the 99' rockets had pippen at 3rd option (more stacked than bulls) but lost in 1st round

It's honestly terrifying to see how pathetically deranged how you obsess about Bran.

3ball
10-31-2020, 01:35 PM
It's honestly terrifying to see how pathetically deranged how you obsess about Bran.

How can I not mention lebron when his sidekicks all played much better than pippen?

AD, Wade and Kyrie all averaged 25-30 and dominated the Finals.. pippen's peak was 21 and he averaged 19 on 42% in 6 Finals..

lebron never won a Finals or beat any top 5 SRS team with his sidekick getting pippen's Finals averages (19 on 42%).. yet MJ was 6/6 with that crap... :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 01:41 PM
How can I not mention lebron when his sidekicks all played much better than pippen?

AD, Wade and Kyrie all averaged 25-30 and dominated the Finals.. pippen's peak was 21 and he averaged 19 on 42% in 6 Finals..

lebron never won a Finals or beat any top 5 SRS team with his sidekick getting pippen's Finals averages (19 on 42%).. yet MJ was 6/6 with that crap... :confusedshrug:

lol You're a middle aged man 50+ obsessing about LeBron James like he ****ed your wife. You make hardcore MJ fans look like a joke.

3ball
10-31-2020, 02:09 PM
lol You're a middle aged man 50+ obsessing about LeBron James like he ****ed your wife. You make hardcore MJ fans look like a joke.

I don't watch the NBA and I watch as little of lebron as possible on YouTube - 30 seconds of watching him and I already understand his game more than you ever could after watching him for hours upon end lol.. it must suck to know nothing about the game you watch

lebron never won a Finals or beat any top 5 SRS team with his sidekick getting pippen's Finals averages (19 on 42%).. yet MJ was 6/6 with that crap...

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 04:24 PM
I don't watch the NBA and I watch as little of lebron as possible on YouTube - 30 seconds of watching him and I already understand his game more than you ever could after watching him for hours upon end lol.. it must suck to know nothing about the game you watch

lebron never won a Finals or beat any top 5 SRS team with his sidekick getting pippen's Finals averages (19 on 42%).. yet MJ was 6/6 with that crap...

You realize this just makes you pathetic. As I quote..."I don't watch the NBA and I watch as little of lebron as possible"...well you surely talk about him endlessly don't you? The irony of this post is hilarious considering you can't ever shut the **** up about the brudda.

Baller789
10-31-2020, 06:58 PM

1-9

HoopsNY
10-31-2020, 08:34 PM

"Crap"....nothing about Pippen's playmaking, nothing about Pippen's defense. The Bulls magically won with just MJ doing everything. This is revisionist thinking. No one thought this about Chicago during the 90s.

3ball
10-31-2020, 08:42 PM
"Crap"....nothing about Pippen's playmaking, nothing about Pippen's defense. The Bulls magically won with just MJ doing everything. This is revisionist thinking. No one thought this about Chicago during the 90s.

Why would I mention pippen's passing when he averaged 5 APG and MJ averaged more, while assisting 33% more often

So MJ did everything for the bulls..

And defense means nothing because if AD scored like Pippen, the Lakers get destroyed - so his superior defense to pippen means nothing

Smoke117
10-31-2020, 09:19 PM
Why would I mention pippen's passing when he averaged 5 APG and MJ averaged more, while assisting 33% more often

And defense means nothing because if AD scored like Pippen, the Lakers get destroyed - so his superior defense to pippen means nothing

True...an entire half of the game means nothing...god you're a ****ing moron. You realize Jordan is already considered the GOAT, right? The way you try and tear down Pippen and the rest of Jordan's teammates make me think you are a bit desperate. :lol

HoopsNY
11-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Did I say that Jordan wasn't the better playmaker? Furthermore, you're disingenuous about Pippen's assist numbers (as if playmaking boils down to only assists).

Pippen's averages between 1990-98:

RS: 20/7/6
Playoffs: 19/8/5.5
Finals: 19/8/6

He was closer to 6 assists between 1990-98 and that's including 1993, 1996, and 1998 where he dealt with significant ankle and back injuries. Get a clue man. Pippen is an all-time great. It's as if you think recognizing Pippen's contributions would somehow take away from MJ's greatness.

HoopsNY
11-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Only in 3ball's world is being a consistent 20/8/6 player considered to be "trash", all while playing elite defense. If Pippen is trash, then what does that make the rest of the league's players all-time outside of the NBA's elite?

And1AllDay
11-01-2020, 03:00 PM

It's egokiller :roll:

:oldlol:

Axe
11-01-2020, 11:40 PM
Only in 3ball's world is being a consistent 20/8/6 player considered to be "trash", all while playing elite defense. If Pippen is trash, then what does that make the rest of the league's players all-time outside of the NBA's elite?
He thinks reggie miller and kyrie irving are better players than pip. That's absolutely insane.

HoopsNY
11-01-2020, 11:43 PM
He thinks reggie miller and kyrie irving are better players than pip. That's absolutely insane.

You can make an argument for Kyrie over some of Pippen's performances, but that doesn't mean he was the better overall player by any means. Miller had some outstanding performances, but the same could be said about him.

Axe
11-01-2020, 11:48 PM
You can make an argument for Kyrie over some of Pippen's performances, but that doesn't mean he was the better overall player by any means. Miller had some outstanding performances, but the same could be said about him.
All the arguments he throws against him are mostly just based on scoring alone. He also used to call pip a role player. That's why everyone thinks he's a clown.

HoopsNY
11-01-2020, 11:52 PM
All the arguments he throws against him are mostly just based on scoring alone. He also used to call pip a role player. That's why everyone thinks he's a clown.

The other thing is that Pippen is credited with always playing elite defense. The reality is that this wasn't always the case and in some cases he didn't play well defensively against his assignment. Everything 3ball says isn't always incorrect, but it is blown way out of proportion. It boils to if you think Kyrie's dominant offensive performances outweigh whatever Pippen did offensively and defensively combined, with Kyrie's lack of defensive contribution.

Axe
11-02-2020, 12:03 AM
The other thing is that Pippen is credited with elite defense. The reality is that this wasn't always the case and in some cases he didn't play well defensively against his assignment. Everything 3ball says isn't always incorrect, but it is blown way out of proportion. It boils to if you think Kyrie's dominant offensive performances outweigh whatever Pippen did offensively and defensively combined, with Kyrie's lack of defensive contribution.
Sure but what he does with his copypasta crap gets constantly annoying whenever he has to spam it in several threads. He also admitted that he hasn't even watched basketball for years so the way he praises kyrie is laughable. His beliefs are also dubious. He doesn't give enough credit to phil jackson for his contributions to the bulls dynasty, preferring doug collins over him instead as head coach of mj.