PDA

View Full Version : Will the NETS play defense?

Nike D'Antoni
10-30-2020, 10:51 AM
Mike D'Antoni, Steve Nash, Kyrie Irving a recipe of guys known for no defense.

Kiddlovesnets
10-30-2020, 10:53 AM
D'Antoni's Rockets were fine defensively, the Suns were a terrible defensive team though. The Nets will need players who can play defense, and they will be fine.

MadDog
10-30-2020, 10:54 AM
They'll be softer than hot butter although that offense will be nothing short of amazing. I think No'D'Antoni is better suited as an assistant anyway. :confusedshrug: Like a Scottie Pippen, his demeanor and approach are meant for a #2.

Dbrog
10-30-2020, 11:54 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I haven't watched many Nets games at all..only a few here and there. However, what I saw the non big name people played actually pretty good defense which allowed them to still be in the playoff picture despite not having anyone recognizable. Also don't they still have DeAndre Jordan? His whole thing is defense and KD is actually quite good as well.

light
10-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Mike D'Antoni, Steve Nash, Kyrie Irving a recipe of guys known for no defense.

Probably not, but they don't necessarily have to. Their defense only has to be good enough. Their offense should be able to carry a heavy load.

Smoke117
10-30-2020, 01:26 PM
I'm not gonna lie, I haven't watched many Nets games at all..only a few here and there. However, what I saw the non big name people played actually pretty good defense which allowed them to still be in the playoff picture despite not having anyone recognizable. Also don't they still have DeAndre Jordan? His whole thing is defense and KD is actually quite good as well.

lol Deandre Jordan is a potato now defensively. This isn't 2015.

tpols
10-30-2020, 01:36 PM

They have a young 7 foot Jarrett Allen who is a very good defender.

AirBonner
10-30-2020, 01:39 PM
Kyrie is injury prone and KD had major surgery. They will be terrible defensively

Manny98
We have a future DPOY in Jarrett Allen holding us down

I'm pretty sure we were top 10 defensively this season despite being plagued with injuries

We have the personel to be a top 5 defense in the league

Smoke117

He shows promise, but he's not anything near an anchor level defensive player right now.

Roundball_Rock
10-30-2020, 01:40 PM
The Udoka hire is for defense.

Ben Simmons
10-31-2020, 03:19 AM

What's funny is one of the reasons Atkinson was canned was because he played Allen over Deandre Jordan.

We shall see. There are rumors they are gonna go all in and try and acquire a 3rd star and Allen would be a prime trade chip.

999Guy
10-31-2020, 08:54 PM
Add pencil dick Durant that.

He’s hasn’t played good defense in years.

Axe
11-02-2020, 12:10 AM
A third man joins the reunion.