PDA

View Full Version : Who would have been your fave player if you grew up in a previous era?

Reggie43
11-02-2020, 01:41 AM
Started watching the Nba pretty late and was already a teen in the early to mid 90s when I began watching it regularly so I never experienced the Golden Age of Basketball (1980s) which the media always hyped it up as back then.

I am obviously a Miller/Pacers fan but if I grew up a decade earlier I probably might have been a Larry Bird fan because of the toughness and how he plays the right way. Somebody like Andrew Toney would have been awesome to watch because of how he elevated his game against Boston just like Miller against the Knicks. From an older era I would have easily been a Bill Russell guy because defense is my favorite part of the game.

8Ball
11-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Larry Bird.

Love how fast he got off shots and his passing.

SATAN
11-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Bird for sure. I seen a little and knew he was amazing but I wasn't old enough and knowledgeable enough about the game to appreciate how great he was back then. There was too much MJ propaganda directed at the youth back then. After doing more research it was official.

Gotterdammerung
11-02-2020, 09:12 PM
If I grew up in the 60s: Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Gus Johnson, Connie Hawkins.

70s: Pistol, Doctor J, David Thompson, Iceman

But alas. I grew up in the 80s, and liked nobody except Hakeem Olajuwon.