PDA

View Full Version : Shaq posted his unbeatable team on Instagram

Stanley Kobrick
11-02-2020, 10:51 AM
interesting to say the least, i mean who's really going to be upset here Kareem stans? Wilt stans? seems like a fanboy starting 5 that would get crushed by a better developed team. 3/5 of the players would be displeased for not getting 20 shots

https://i.postimg.cc/hGSCHPcN/erthetrhetrh.png

HoopsNY
11-02-2020, 10:54 AM
I don't think this team would be as successful as others. To begin with, too many egos and ball dominant players. Iverson, Kobe, MJ, and LeBron would require way too much usage, and Iverson, Kobe, and LeBron don't play as well off the ball.

There is something to be said where people have an obsession with talent filled teams as opposed to high quality basketball.

I think a team of Kidd/Paul-Klay-Kawhi-Rodman-Wilt could challenge them. You don't need 30 PPG scorers at every position. There are only so many shots to go around.

MaxPlayer
11-02-2020, 11:12 AM
interesting to say the least, i mean who's really going to be upset here Kareem stans? Wilt stans? seems like a fanboy starting 5 that would get crushed by a better developed team. 3/5 of the players would be displeased for not getting 20 shots

One of these things does not belong...

hold this L
11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
This is one of those examples where you can see why players would make awful coaches.

SATAN
11-02-2020, 11:21 AM
LeBron would force this team to work. Mj throws a punch at any player and LeBron will quickly teach him how to lead a better life.

SATAN
11-02-2020, 11:22 AM
One of these things does not belong...

Who you got?

MadDog
11-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Why is Shaq speaking in double negatives

LeBron would force this team to work. Mj throws a punch at any player and LeBron will quickly teach him how to lead a better life.

How? By jumping ship and teaming with more HOFers? :oldlol: This team would do better with Bird anyway.

SATAN
11-02-2020, 11:32 AM

How? By jumping ship and teaming with more HOFers? :oldlol: This team would do better with Bird anyway.

LeBron is the only thing that would keep this team stable. Not that I disagree with Bird in the mix, 3f4ggot.

Bronbron23
11-02-2020, 11:36 AM

Yes kareem stans would have an argument. Personally id have magic on point, mj at 2, bron at 3, wilt at 4 and kareem at 5. Wilt was athletic as hell and could definitely play the pf position.

MadDog
11-02-2020, 11:38 AM
LeBron is the only thing that would keep this team stable. Not that I disagree with Bird in the mix, 3f4ggot.

The only thing "stable" is your relentless hero worship, pasty bitch.

dirkdiggler41
11-02-2020, 11:39 AM
What are the other teams we are talking about here?

HoopsNY
11-02-2020, 11:41 AM

Double negatives is a linguistic (syntactic) feature of AAVE (African American Vernacular English). It's grammatical believe it or not, just not in the standardized English we know in the U.S. as a whole.

Double negatives or negative concord is grammatical, simply because it's intuitive, and it aligns itself with the parts of speech of a sentence within their dialect. Hope that makes sense.

SATAN
11-02-2020, 11:42 AM
The only thing "stable" is your relentless hero worship, pasty bitch.

Attention

Stanley Kobrick
11-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Double negatives is a linguistic (syntactic) feature of AAVE (African American Vernacular English). It's grammatical believe it or not, just not in the standardized English we know in the U.S. as a whole.

Double negatives or negative concord is grammatical, simply because it's intuitive, and it aligns itself with the parts of speech of a sentence within their dialect. Hope that makes sense.:cheers:

Hey Yo
11-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Wade's the only HOF'er he's played with.

Manny98
11-02-2020, 11:53 AM
LeBron is the best 3 point shooter on that team :oldlol:

steelpulse
11-02-2020, 11:55 AM
A steve kerr gsw system team will shit on shaq's ball hog team lol

curry
klay
KD
lebron (replaces draymond)
shaq (replaces looney)

Phoenix
11-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Lol Kobe, Jordan and Iverson? Ok Shaq.

dankok8
11-02-2020, 12:48 PM
I think Magic/Wade/Bird/Russell/Kareem could beat Shaq's team. AI couldn't defend anyone so that would be a constant mismatch to exploit.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Both AI and Jordan would eat people up off the ball on that team....

As often as AI got open off ball using Coleman and Tyrone Hill he’d kill dudes running them into Shaq.

He scored more off the ball than most of the people you remember as off ball players.

Reggie made 6 shots a game for his career including layups and his usual transition threes and some one on one. It’s entirely possible the off ball GOAT averaged 2-3 shots off the ball in 35 minutes a game.

AI may have led the league in off ball scoring even with Reggie in it with him. You just “feel” like Reggie made a bunch of shots off the ball but it doesn’t add up.

He moved around a lot but you don’t realize how often he didn’t actually get a good look doing it.

AI would have been right there with him some of those years he didn’t have to play point. This team has enough competent ball handlers he wouldn’t need to dominate the ball and he was perfectly happy to play off the ball it’s just somehow been forgotten after years of crossover highlights.

Gus Hemmingway
11-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Replace MJ for Klay Thompson and this team instantly gets better on offense and defense

SouBeachTalents
11-02-2020, 02:04 PM
Lmao at that garbage. That team would implode within a week

HBK_Kliq_2
11-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Kidd/Wade/Kawhi/Dirk/Hakeem would beat them.

Kiddlovesnets
11-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Allen Iverson is a cancer, the team surely is beatable. Replace him by Bird, Durant, Curry or AR and they will be unbeatable.

rawimpact
11-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Replace AI with Curry and i'm with you Shaq.

Allen may be one of the best finishers but with you in the paint that's not happening.

Spacing would be better with a guy who can make 30ft 3's.

Bronbron23
11-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Replace MJ for Klay Thompson and this team instantly gets better on offense and defense

Troll

ArbitraryWater
11-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Iverson of literally no use there

whats Kobe good for when he does what MJ does only worse? Let MJ do it, get someone else who can do other things

kkb_12
11-02-2020, 06:16 PM
It is possible to build a team that would "better" than this one in theory - but I simply do not see the team that can beat these 5 in 7 game series... Will to win, heart, talent, offensive variety, top defensive players on 3 out of 5 positions - Jordan, Kobe,Lebron, and I see no center ot pointguard that could outplay Shaq or Iverson...

AlternativeAcc.
11-02-2020, 06:19 PM
LeBron
Klay
Durant
Duncan (or KG)
Shaq

That's the best team ever.

AlternativeAcc.
11-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Troll

I love how replacing a black hole who shoots 30 times a game for the best shooter ever is a 'trolling

Do you know anything about team chemistry? Klay is a perfect 2 guard, especially surrounded by all-time great scorers and passers.

Jordan over Klay is the troll..

HoopsNY
11-02-2020, 07:35 PM
Both AI and Jordan would eat people up off the ball on that team....

As often as AI got open off ball using Coleman and Tyrone Hill he’d kill dudes running them into Shaq.

He scored more off the ball than most of the people you remember as off ball players.

Reggie made 6 shots a game for his career including layups and his usual transition threes and some one on one. It’s entirely possible the off ball GOAT averaged 2-3 shots off the ball in 35 minutes a game.

AI may have led the league in off ball scoring even with Reggie in it with him. You just “feel” like Reggie made a bunch of shots off the ball but it doesn’t add up.

He moved around a lot but you don’t realize how often he didn’t actually get a good look doing it.

AI would have been right there with him some of those years he didn’t have to play point. This team has enough competent ball handlers he wouldn’t need to dominate the ball and he was perfectly happy to play off the ball it’s just somehow been forgotten after years of crossover highlights.

Come to think of it, you're right.

Bawkish
11-03-2020, 03:38 AM
i think Shaq's team is doable

Shaq, Kobe & MJ played in a triangle, Shaq & MJ can dominate the posts while Kobe & AI could go off-ball while Lebron plays PG

Andrei89
11-03-2020, 03:42 AM
CP3-Klay-Lebron-Dirk-Hakeem beats this team

Haymaker
11-03-2020, 09:34 AM
This team would beat that one:

PG: Magic
SG: Durant
SF: Pippen
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwon

Gohan
11-03-2020, 11:30 PM
I agree with shaq definitely on ai pick. Ai gets disrespected too much for my liking

Shooter
11-03-2020, 11:40 PM
This team would beat that one:

PG: Magic
SG: Durant
SF: Pippen
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwon

:lol

Iverson < Magic
Jordan > Durant
Kobe > Pippen
LeBron > Duncan
Shaq > Hakeem

nah son :lol

Kiddlovesnets
11-04-2020, 11:53 AM
:lol

Iverson < Magic
Jordan > Durant
Kobe > Pippen
LeBron > Duncan
Shaq > Hakeem

nah son :lol

Well Iverson alone makes this team very beatable, you wont even need to compare position by position. Iverson is a cancer, hes a negative to the team.

Gohan
11-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Doesn’t work ai>>> magic

Me>>>you

Kiddlovesnets
11-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Iverson is the worst cancer in NBA history, his name is synonym to cancer. Any all time team with Iverson is the easily beatable, there’s not a chance he’s better than Magic. Your disagreement doesn’t matter, your resistance is futile.

Keno
11-04-2020, 02:10 PM
Replace AI with Curry.

Moved Jordan to SG, remove Kobe.

Move LBJ to SF.

Add Duncan.

best list.

Gohan
11-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Iverson is the worst cancer in NBA history, his name is synonym to cancer. Any all time team with Iverson is the easily beatable, there’s not a chance he’s better than Magic. Your disagreement doesn’t matter, your resistance is futile.

Goku told me I can win this one. I have to hang in there or it’s over for everybody

paksat
11-04-2020, 10:00 PM
he'll get the typical shit by the losers of this forum

right along the lines of "that team can't shoot 3's"

then they'll post a team of 4 out of 5 guys that can shoot 3's a high % and call it a day.

fcking idiots.

LeBron is the best 3 point shooter on that team :oldlol:

there we have it

seriously just have a team of steph curry's at this point morons, just 5 of them and they'll be unbeatable.. the stats say so

paksat
11-04-2020, 10:03 PM

kyrie will be there

AD will be there

ray allen and well... you're just wrong i'll just leave it at that bahahahah

paksat
11-04-2020, 10:12 PM
Replace AI with Curry.

Moved Jordan to SG, remove Kobe.

Move LBJ to SF.

Add Duncan.

best list.

close

replace curry with 06 wade, let him run point

get lbj off the fcking team, not trying to win bronze here

replace him with 03 tracy mcgrady

get rid of duncan and add hakeem the dream

wade jordan and tmac are completely unstoppable up top and shaq and the dream are unbeatable down low, this team can not be beat by any.

EllEffEll
11-04-2020, 10:23 PM
I don't think he's saying that they are the five greatest players as much as he's saying exactly what he said, that no other five would beat that five in a seven game series. And I find it hard to disagree with him.

Although Iverson is not that high on my GoAT list, on the right team, he could be fire when the others around him are Kobe, MJ, LBJ and Shaq.

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2020, 10:29 PM
Curry
Klay
Kawhi
Bird
Hakeem

steelpulse
11-05-2020, 12:09 AM
in today's game where spacing, ball movement, off ball, and 3s are king, no team is beating

Shaq
Lebron
KD
Klay
Curry

playing under steve kerr's gsw system (proven winner)

Lebron upgrades draymond as the playmaker
shaq upgrades looney/bogut as the man in the middle

all with efg% of above .500
NO INEFFICIENT CHUCKERS / HERO BALL
all except steph can defend well

no one is stopping durant and shaq one on one with the spacing the team provides
klay and steph > most lethal and efficient catch and shoot players in history
lebron > GOAT combination of attacking the rim + passing / court vision

most dynamic offense ever :bowdown:

Shooter
11-05-2020, 12:10 AM
in today's game where spacing, ball movement, off ball, and 3s are king, no team is beating

Shaq
Lebron
KD
Klay
Curry

no one is stopping durant and shaq one on one with the spacing the team provides

Good thread. I wonder if we swap in KG for Shaq for more defense and not a major need for more scoring?

steelpulse
11-05-2020, 12:15 AM
Good thread. I wonder if we swap in KG for Shaq for more defense and not a major need for more scoring?

yep that will still work. and will still beat any fantasy dream team with 3 or more ball dominant GOATs in them lol

Gohan
11-05-2020, 12:25 AM

Shaq
Lebron
KD
Klay
Curry

Yawn

RogueBorg
11-05-2020, 03:04 PM

Chris Bosh will be a HOFer.

2003-04 All-Rookie
11x All-Star
2006-07 All-NBA
2x NBA champ

red1
11-05-2020, 05:36 PM
to each his own - that team is very beatable

shaq
lebron
jordan
kobe
curry

just swapped out AI for curry and the team is already better....

Gohan
11-05-2020, 05:47 PM
to each his own - that team is very beatable

shaq
lebron
jordan
kobe
curry

just swapped out AI for curry and the team is already better....

I’m taking ai cuz curry is gonna end up getting lockedup

Kiddlovesnets
11-05-2020, 07:14 PM
I’m taking ai cuz curry is gonna end up getting lockedup

Your Iverson obsession is amusing, but unfortunately it wont change the fact that Iverson is a cancer and will always find a way to bring his team down. We aint talking about one on one here, when it comes to team play Iverson is a negative to his team. Theres a reason why hes the biggest cancer in NBA history.

Draz
11-05-2020, 07:26 PM
Iverson was my favorite player growing up but.. Idk

Ca$H
11-05-2020, 09:23 PM
Replace AI with Curry and Kobe with Bird. Need guys who could play off ball.

Ca$H
11-05-2020, 09:24 PM
Duncan is better for Kerr’s system.

baudkarma
11-06-2020, 09:15 AM
I will agree with Shaq that his team probably wins any 7 game series (Though I'd replace AI with Magic. He's got enough scorers already). But I'd move to see it try to make it through an 82 game regular season grind. Dudes would be shanking each other before the ASG.