PDA

View Full Version : DeMar DeRozan to Lakers rumor

red1
11-12-2020, 05:32 PM
demar for kuzma and danny green? and the LAKERS are the ones that turned down?

lets ****ing go!!!!

holy shit demar is going to get a ring

https://media.giphy.com/media/huJmPXfeir5JlpPAx0/giphy.gif

red1
11-12-2020, 05:38 PM
https://www.poundingtherock.com/2020/11/12/21562756/rumor-the-lakers-are-interested-in-demar-derozan-for-kyle-kuzma-danny-green

lets go. rumor is popping up everywhere.

dont think about it pelinka - just ****ing do it. danny green is trash and derozan is ready now, unlike kuz.

Axe
11-12-2020, 05:40 PM
He seems to be a bit washed up at this point but i think there's no harm in trying. Also, can he chuck more threes than danny green?

red1
11-12-2020, 05:47 PM
lakers struggled scoring all year and had a ton of wasted possession where no one could create for themselves outside of maybe caruso, and waiters at the end - derozan will come in and produce points on many of those wasted possessions.

it will completely cushion the blow of losing rondo too because it will take pressure off of lbj and AD when they have another scorer whether they are on the court or on the bench.

people trash derozan not realizing he was the only focus on offense and teams always put their best defenders on him at all times and he could still produce despite that - thats completely different from being a 2nd or 3rd option

I think he'd be a great fit.

MaxPlayer
11-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Yeah definitely not a DeRozan fan but as a 3rd option he could be very good. LeBron wouldn't turn him into a jump shooter because he already is one.

PhutureDynasty
11-12-2020, 06:10 PM
Don't the Spurs normally prefer not to do business with the Lakers? Surprising if true.

Axe
11-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Don't the Spurs normally prefer not to do business with the Lakers? Surprising if true.
Isn't demar going to be a free agent soon?

Proctor
11-12-2020, 06:46 PM
The contracts don't align and Spurs don't care to feed the Lakers. Doesn't help that Green and Kuzma are the only players the Spurs would touch with a 10 foot pole that the Lakers would offer.

I would love to see Demar go anywhere though.

G0ATbe
11-12-2020, 06:55 PM
Can't shoot 3's, can't defend, Trash bro. No thanks.

HylianNightmare
11-12-2020, 07:28 PM
Wouldn't he be nullified by Le4/10 ball

RRR3
11-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Wouldn't he be nullified by Le4/10 ball
This guy sobbed himself to sleep after numerous cuatro.

red1
11-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Lets go!!!

do it pelinka you lying idiot

red1
11-12-2020, 08:35 PM
This guy sobbed himself to sleep after numerous cuatro.

Cinco :pimp:

Xiao Yao You
11-12-2020, 09:16 PM

the trade makes the Lakers worse so I can see the Spurs doing it. They need shooters not Derozan

TheCorporation
11-12-2020, 09:21 PM
Can't shoot 3's, can't defend, Trash bro. No thanks.

Geeze man, be a little easier on the MJ clone, will ya?! :lol

StrongLurk
11-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Derozan is not a player you want on your team. His style of play is only suited for a 1st or second option...but you'll never win a chip with him as your 1 or 2...and his skillset does not bring any impact as a 3rd option.

At this point, he needs to embrace a 6th man role and just focus on scoring for 25mpg.

RRR3
11-12-2020, 10:18 PM
Lakers would be retarded to do this btw.

red1
11-12-2020, 11:19 PM
Do it!!!!@!!

LAmbruh
11-12-2020, 11:42 PM
Larry Hughes 2.0 :kobe:

Jay-B
11-12-2020, 11:51 PM
Sounds good at first but I wouldn’t do it. Derozan isn’t not the same player he was in Toronto 3 years ago, and if your the Lakers you are losing solid depth.

r0drig0lac
11-12-2020, 11:57 PM
Sounds good at first but I wouldn’t do it. Derozan isn’t not the same player he was in Toronto 3 years ago, and if your the Lakers you are losing solid depth.yep, he's better

Doranku
11-13-2020, 12:33 AM
It's an interesting consideration. If we can fill out our roster with a couple other shooters, I'd probably do it. With the roster at it stands... probably not. Need shooters and Danny Green's defense would be missed.

Honestly though those two were so ****ing bad in the playoffs.. it's probably worth it. I don't think DeRozan would have an issue fitting in if he can play in Pop's system. He gives us another playmaker (averaging 6 assists with SA the past 2 years) AND someone who can get his own bucket. That's gotta be worth at least considering.

red1
11-13-2020, 12:54 AM
Derozan 3rd option its a wrap rest in piss clippers and warriors.

He can play a ginobili/ okc harden role lighting up the others teams bench or you can put him in there with AD and lebron with lebron at pointguard and kcp as the other wing, and thats tough to guard because derozan and kcp will both cut and get layups, or derozan can beat his man 1on1 feasting on the attention towards ad and lebron.

Lebron will love derozan who will be the hardest worker on the team and probably the best shooter too.

red1
11-13-2020, 12:55 AM
Do it!!!

red1
11-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Demar would've hit that shot that danny green missed

spam pelinka guys

Axe
11-13-2020, 01:09 AM
I think demar still has nightmares about bran beating him and his team to a pulp.

NBAGOAT
11-13-2020, 01:12 AM
Lakers must be planning to load manage lebron a lot. That’s when derozan can shine. In the playoffs he’ll play the 6th man role

Proctor
11-13-2020, 01:21 AM
Demar would've hit that shot that danny green missed

spam pelinka guys

:kobe:

No, he would have dribbled into traffic and took a contested deep 2 instead.

red1
11-13-2020, 01:24 AM
:kobe:

No, he would have dribbled into traffic and took a contested deep 2.

Wrong!!

guaranteed bucket there.

this is a good trade for you too. you get to shed salary and add a trade piece to dangle in front of other teams in kuzma

tell pop to do it

bladefd
11-13-2020, 04:20 AM
Nah, he can't play defense and can't hit 3s. Don't want him. Wait for another trade offer that has a 3-and-D guard

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2020, 07:46 AM
Im not sure...

he's definitely a valuable 3rd option, but he takes up time and possession to get his scoring going, in a more individual sense, which the Lakers really have enough of with Bron and AD.. dont necessarily need someone taking possessions away from them.

Quick scorers like Lou would be better. Or the shooting high end role players / fring all stars, like Hield.. DeRozan meanwhile isnt much of a 3-point shooter.

None the less his quality over Kuzma can't be denied. So its an interesting thought.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2020, 08:12 AM
Im not sure...

he's definitely a valuable 3rd option, but he takes up time and possession to get his scoring going, in a more individual sense, which the Lakers really have enough of with Bron and AD.. dont necessarily need someone taking possessions away from them.

Quick scorers like Lou would be better. Or the shooting high end role players / fring all stars, like Hield.. DeRozan meanwhile isnt much of a 3-point shooter.

None the less his quality over Kuzma can't be denied. So its an interesting thought.

unless its a Beal/Book/LaVine type

Charlie Sheen
11-13-2020, 10:39 AM
Nah, he can't play defense and can't hit 3s. Don't want him. Wait for another trade offer that has a 3-and-D guard

Danny Green is all reputation at this stage of his career. He's not reliable for the 3 or the D. Derozan is so much better than the player Kuzma will be next year or might ever be. His contract doesn't hamstring their long term salary cap either.

I don't know where the myth came from that the only way to win with lebron is surround him with 3 and D players. It was only last summer that people were laughing at the Rondo's and Dwights and KCP's that wouldn't fit with lebron. The bubble told us a different story though as all 3 of those players thrived playing with lebron james.

RRR3
11-13-2020, 10:46 AM
Danny Green is all reputation at this stage of his career. He's not reliable for the 3 or the D. Derozan is so much better than the player Kuzma will be next year or might ever be. His contract doesn't hamstring their long term salary cap either.

I don't know where the myth came from that the only way to win with lebron is surround him with 3 and D players. It was only last summer that people were laughing at the Rondo's and Dwights and KCP's that wouldn't fit with lebron. The bubble told us a different story though as all 3 of those players thrived playing with lebron james.
It’s not that LeBron can’t win with shitty spacing (he literally just did so he obviously can) but it’s certainly a better for for the style he plays if he spacing. Why make things harder than you have to?

Charlie Sheen
11-13-2020, 10:56 AM
It’s not that LeBron can’t win with shitty spacing (he literally just did so he obviously can) but it’s certainly a better for for the style he plays if he spacing. Why make things harder than you have to?

Economics of the NBA. You're getting more player for your money when you aren't shopping for "3 & D" with everyone else. Passing on talent because you're too idealistic in searching for the perfect fit is also making it harder than it has to be.

TheGoatest
11-13-2020, 11:42 AM
I agree that he's not a great fit. But compared to Kuzma? I'll take him. Still, they should look elsewhere and get back to him only as the last resort.

red1
11-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Why would they even think about it? they arent giving up shit. kuzma might improve but he isnt a third option for a contender. derozan absolutely is, he'll give 18-20 points a night consistently as a third option. they can play kcp and derozan at the same time for spacing and defense.

meanwhile its a win for the spurs because green comes off the books at the end of the season and kuz is a good young piece.

do it.

ArbitraryWater
11-13-2020, 12:55 PM
Why would they even think about it? they arent giving up shit. kuzma might improve but he isnt a third option for a contender. derozan absolutely is, he'll give 18-20 points a night consistently as a third option. they can play kcp and derozan at the same time for spacing and defense.

meanwhile its a win for the spurs because green comes off the books at the end of the season and kuz is a good young piece.

do it.

they give up spacing, guys that can pop a three

light
11-13-2020, 01:40 PM

do it.

They can't trade until November 16. Maybe they're as excited about the idea as you are.

Pop and Kuz apparently formed some kind of a bond during his Team USA experience last summer.

Axe
11-13-2020, 09:38 PM
I agree that he's not a great fit. But compared to Kuzma? I'll take him. Still, they should look elsewhere and get back to him only as the last resort.
I agree. Kuzma is worthless.