PDA

View Full Version : Nets offer Allen, Dinwiddie, Levert, and Prince for Harden

LukeWalton
11-14-2020, 09:30 PM
based on news from RB
Nets officially offer four players for Harden who will re-united with his best friend Calvin Durant

who wins

Real Men Wear Green
11-14-2020, 09:37 PM
The Nets. They would get insurance for if Irving can't stay healthy and/or Durant doesn't come back strong. Houston should only consider this if Harden is demanding a trade but if he's making that demand they can get a better package than this.

tpols
11-14-2020, 09:42 PM
kyrie, harden, durant is... an awkward combo. Straight AAU shit.

Allen is worse than all 3 but he provides something none of them do and is a much superior fit.

LoneyROY7
11-14-2020, 09:56 PM
Harden playing at Barclays like 10 minutes away from me would be sick.

HoopsNY
11-14-2020, 10:56 PM
Harden playing at Barclays like 10 minutes away from me would be sick.

You in Bed Stuy?

Axe
11-14-2020, 11:04 PM
If the nets can somehow add kat to their roster sometime in the future, then i can see they will become a formidable team in the east.

LoneyROY7
11-14-2020, 11:37 PM
You in Bed Stuy?

Nah, right next to Prospect Park.

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
11-14-2020, 11:38 PM
Disaster waiting to happen

HylianNightmare
11-14-2020, 11:52 PM
Thats allot of DeAndre pNR

Ben Simmons
11-15-2020, 12:06 AM
Throw in a whole bunch of picks and lets see what we got

LAmbruh
11-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Irving already trying to trade the team away after making the playoffs w/o him :oldlol:

HoopsNY
11-15-2020, 12:56 AM
Nah, right next to Prospect Park.

Watch out for them Woo and Choo lol

Kiddlovesnets
11-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Irving already trying to trade the team away after making the playoffs w/o him :oldlol:

You've gotta admit that the Nets had a super talented supporting cast, which was why Irving and KD chose it here.

NBAGOAT
11-15-2020, 12:44 PM
i get nets dont want to give 15mil to allen in a yr but my goodness they're showing a lot of faith in a 32 yr old deandre

pandiani17
11-15-2020, 02:17 PM
If this deal finally gets done, it will be interesting to see how this new super-team with 2 former MVP's pans out. If they don't win the chip, it will be a major stain in their legacy, right guys? Or that's the standard only for All-Time Top 10 players?:roll:

insidehoops
11-15-2020, 03:59 PM
If the Nets somehow landed James Harden and didn't give up Kyrie Irving in return, and actually had those two as a backcourt together, how do you think it would work?

What should each player's role be?

What would be awesome about it, and what could be an issue?

ralph_i_el
11-15-2020, 04:37 PM
You hate to see them lose Allen, but maybe Deandre is looking good in workouts. You could basically just stagger Harden and Irving as ballhandlers.

Phoenix
11-15-2020, 04:47 PM
So pairing up a (1)scoring point guard who left Lebron 3 years ago because he wanted to be the man.....with another (2)scoring guard who just showed last year doesn't work all that well with another (3) scoring guard.....with an all time great scorer who left the (3) scoring guard 4 years ago because they couldn't figure out who the man was.

Nothing can go wrong here.

pandiani17
11-15-2020, 04:58 PM
So pairing up a (1)scoring point guard who left Lebron 3 years ago because he wanted to be the man.....with another (2)scoring guard who just showed last year doesn't work all that well with another (3) scoring guard.....with an all time great scorer who left the (3) scoring guard 4 years ago because they couldn't figure out who the man was.

And the icing on the cake, you have got a rookie coach to handle all that.

highwhey
11-15-2020, 05:12 PM

:oldlol:

sdot_thadon
11-15-2020, 05:25 PM

Nothing can go wrong here.:applause: qft

Keno
11-15-2020, 05:59 PM
damn, nets really trying their hardest just to beat a 36 year old lebron, crazy the impact one person can have.

this team sounds terrible fit, 3 ball hogs on one team.

LoneyROY7
11-15-2020, 06:10 PM

Seems like you mentioned scoring a lot there. I like my teams to score.

sdot_thadon
11-15-2020, 06:14 PM

I think we all do, but 2 almost 3 30ppg guys together is a bit much. I think Kyrie would struggle in a lesser role because he doesn't do much else good besides score. You're NOT EVER going to ask Kd to....score less. And why would you ask a stick of dynamite like Harden to not do what he does best? Would the other guys on the team be ok with the roles?

Nash
11-15-2020, 06:42 PM
If Houston are actually trading Harden then they should just go to Philly and take back Ben Simmons. At least they'd have a young star on a long term deal. Nets offering role players.

Phoenix
11-15-2020, 07:05 PM

Unsurprisingly you'd think this mix of players works. Bookmark my comments and get back to me in a year if this goes through.

LeCola
11-15-2020, 07:06 PM
I hope that will include Kyrie. So we would able to watch westbrook-kyrie duo. :cheers:

Phoenix
11-15-2020, 07:06 PM
And the icing on the cake, you have got a rookie coach to handle all that.

Good call, I forgot that tidbit. Yep, all systems go on this one.:oldlol:

Phoenix
11-15-2020, 07:15 PM
I think we all do, but 2 almost 3 30ppg guys together is a bit much. I think Kyrie would struggle in a lesser role because he doesn't do much else good besides score. You're NOT EVER going to ask Kd to....score less. And why would you ask a stick of dynamite like Harden to not do what he does best? Would the other guys on the team be ok with the roles?

The two 30ppg guys 'briefly' worked with KD and Curry because of Chefs offcourt skillset and also KD doesn't need to expend a great deal of shot clock time setting up a shot. Then you had a 22ppg guy in Klay who can go nuclear off catch and shoots with barely any dribbling or shot clock occupation. I'm just not sure who is being asked to sacrifice here.

In this scenario, you're talking two scoring guards who are very iso-heavy. Kyrie thinks he's an MVP level player and team leader, and Harden is fully aware of the increasingly loud whispers in the back that he's a great scorer whose style isn't going to win a title. And you got KD coming back who has also heard the whispers that he may not be the same player, and is going to want to reestablish his place among the elite. And a coach( albeit a brilliant basketball mind) in Nash who's never coached an NBA game before. Let's not forget that Kyrie gave him a ringing endorsement a few weeks ago with his 'we don't really have a head coach' remark.

I'm bulk buying popcorn for this one.

Manny98
11-15-2020, 07:25 PM
As long as he's not choking come playoff time, I'm down

Manny98
11-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Apparently it's "practically a done deal"

I'm going to be so gassed if this deal actually goes through :oldlol:

BigKAT
11-15-2020, 07:50 PM
This would be quite exciting.

Would love to see the Eastern Conference Playoffs.
I just hope Philly pulls a few moves.

Clifton
11-15-2020, 07:55 PM
3 players I don't want on my team in 2020 and a guy named Prince I haven't heard of for a top 4 player?

Mk. This is just the NBA these days, I guess.

Or, no, this is the NBA as run by big markets and star talent... Shaq and Gasol were traded for less.

PP34Deuce
11-15-2020, 08:53 PM
Offensively bananas team. Defensively will not be great but how do you defend 3 elite ball handlers that can score on all 3 levels

Ben Simmons
11-15-2020, 10:17 PM
I think it's happening. At this point only a matter of how many picks the Nets are willing to give up

Ben Simmons
11-15-2020, 10:17 PM
Offensively bananas team. Defensively will not be great but how do you defend 3 elite ball handlers that can score on all 3 levels

They can all play competent defense when needed

LoneyROY7
11-15-2020, 10:34 PM
Apparently it's "practically a done deal"

I'm going to be so gassed if this deal actually goes through :oldlol:

With what sources?

Your connections in the UK? :oldlol:

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
11-15-2020, 11:01 PM
With what sources?

Your connections in the UK? :oldlol:

Hahahaha

Mr. Woke
11-15-2020, 11:31 PM
That would be awesome!

They are all amazing players and very likable guys.

LAmbruh
11-15-2020, 11:35 PM
Loney + Manny duo may be one of the strongest ISH alliances of all time

ngl I'm kind of shook

imdaman99
11-15-2020, 11:44 PM
If Houston are actually trading Harden then they should just go to Philly and take back Ben Simmons. At least they'd have a young star on a long term deal. Nets offering role players.

That's very nice of you to care so much about Houston and what they get. I'm sure you have no other motives in the Nets becoming superstacked :cheers:

LoneyROY7
11-15-2020, 11:51 PM
Harden, Nash, D'Antoni on the same team.

:pimp:

CTbasketball92
11-16-2020, 03:35 PM
I think it could work as long as Kyrie buys in, which is something I wouldn't blame him for not wanting.

Kyrie can definitely play the role of nominal third option pretty seamlessly and he's not nearly as ISO heavy as people seem to think. He can play on or off ball because he's a top 5 shooter in the league and he can playmake pretty easily once he has the ball as well. He's got a high practical bball IQ even if he isn't super creative for a passer.

But Kyrie didn't come there to play off the ball all the time. He wanted to initiate the offense at least somewhat and this would definitely push him away from the ball. So maybe if Harden comes Kyrie doesn't even want to be there anymore.

tpols
11-16-2020, 03:55 PM
I think it could work as long as Kyrie buys in, which is something I wouldn't blame him for not wanting.

Kyrie can definitely play the role of nominal third option pretty seamlessly and he's not nearly as ISO heavy as people seem to think. He can play on or off ball because he's a top 5 shooter in the league and he can playmake pretty easily once he has the ball as well. He's got a high practical bball IQ even if he isn't super creative for a passer.

But Kyrie didn't come there to play off the ball all the time. He wanted to initiate the offense at least somewhat and this would definitely push him away from the ball. So maybe if Harden comes Kyrie doesn't even want to be there anymore.

Now that I think about it, Durant and Harden worked fine together in OKC, and Kyrie is less of a ball dominator than westbrook... so they should be alright. KD would have to be the off ball guy like he was on the dubs and that was fine. Pick and pop/roll with Harden in the PnR, and sprinkle in some kyrie 3's and isos.

NBAGOAT
11-16-2020, 04:00 PM
Now that I think about it, Durant and Harden worked fine together in OKC, and Kyrie is less of a ball dominator than westbrook... so they should be alright. KD would have to be the off ball guy like he was on the dubs and that was fine. Pick and pop/roll with Harden in the PnR, and sprinkle in some kyrie 3's and isos.

harden's ball dominance is the big problem. you cant compare current harden to 6th man harden. harden also love isolation a lot more than pnr now. kyrie can play offball for sure but there's also just the shot attempts/possessions problem. it's going be hard for him to get 18-20 which he needs to be his most effective when durant and harden combine for 40 by themselves

tpols
11-16-2020, 04:17 PM
harden's ball dominance is the big problem. you cant compare current harden to 6th man harden. harden also love isolation a lot more than pnr now. kyrie can play offball for sure but there's also just the shot attempts/possessions problem. it's going be hard for him to get 18-20 which he needs to be his most effective when durant and harden combine for 40 by themselves

If Steve Nash is the coach, I'm sure they'll use a heavier dose of PnR... that's his bread and butter. Once Harden lost Capela, he didn't really have a reliable guy to run the PnR with as much. Harden and Capela used to have an awesome pick and roll game. They were dumb for abandoning it to play 4 corner iso ball.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-16-2020, 04:32 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RickKamlaSports

Nbatv reporter guy says Irving doesn't want James Harden on nets.

Also suggesting Paul George to nets now?

Its so embarrassing how much help Durant needs. Played with an MVP every year of his career.

I ain't giving you Paul George for garbage like dibwiddle and Allen go f*ck yourself

Manny98
11-16-2020, 04:46 PM
Who's ready for the greatest trio ever assembled in basketball

https://i.postimg.cc/2S0VScby/ab48208.png

Manny98
11-16-2020, 04:51 PM
Only a matter of time before the trade gets finalized

https://media.giphy.com/media/BM0evomCBkJN6L9kNd/giphy.gif

Real Men Wear Green
11-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Nets should just deal Irving for Harden.

PP34Deuce
11-16-2020, 05:00 PM
That's an interesting uber talented combination. Harden is probably more laid back but has Kyrie like aloofness to him. Durant is just a hooper, he doesn't care either way and will be great.

Can that work without strong leadership? Nash will be a leader but who's the player that can check all these guys. Lakers had it with Rondo. You need

LoneyROY7
11-16-2020, 05:03 PM
Only a matter of time before the trade gets finalized

You hate Harden and live in the UK.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Manny98
11-16-2020, 05:09 PM
Who said I hate Harden? :confusedshrug:

PeroAntic
11-16-2020, 05:25 PM
What a joke, iso ball every possession. Its as if people still haven't learned that teams like the Heat have a better shot at winning, with teamwork, chemistry, off the ball movement, defence... than stacking the deck with ball dominant offensive superstars. disgusting really.

Manny98
11-16-2020, 08:37 PM
https://streamable.com/yen67p

CelticBaller
11-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Harden just made it clear he wants to go to brooklyn

dankok8
11-16-2020, 09:57 PM
As great as Harden is and he's absolutely transcendent, Nets lose a lot of depth to make this move. I honestly also struggle to see how Harden and Kyrie coexist although KD can really well off the ball. Their ceiling is high but I don't know. They also may not be good enough defensive with no Allen. It would be critical to keep him I would think but that might be impossible.

FireDavidKahn
11-16-2020, 10:05 PM
As great as Harden is and he's absolutely transcendent, Nets lose a lot of depth to make this move. I honestly also struggle to see how Harden and Kyrie coexist although KD can really well off the ball. Their ceiling is high but I don't know. They also may not be good enough defensive with no Allen. It would be critical to keep him I would think but that might be impossible.

Whenever you can trade for a superstar without giving up your other stars, you do it.

NBAGOAT
11-16-2020, 10:05 PM
if trade goes through, deandre will have to really put work in next year. joe harris is the 2nd best defender in their starting lineup

LoneyROY7
11-16-2020, 10:08 PM
Harden turned down a 50mil/yr extension. :oldlol:

He gone.

highwhey
11-16-2020, 10:11 PM
wow, this is actually happening huh?

LoneyROY7
11-16-2020, 10:13 PM
wow, this is actually happening huh?

Harden boutta be playing in my city.

:pimp:

CelticBaller
11-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Can’t find my old posts but I feel like being arrogant and saying, I told you guys the league would get much harder than 2020.

All the years from 2014-2019, were filled with monster teams. 2020 might be the weakest year of the decade as far as top tier teams.

God only knows what Boston and LAC will do.

nothing

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2020, 10:34 PM
As a Nets fan I am just happy that we are becoming one of the top destination for superstar players, this is really shaping up well for our franchise in a long run. Just like the Lakers, so many stars want to play there and they are going to land one eventually, like with AD last year. For the Harden trade itself, still not optimistic until it actually happens. I am not convinced that we can offer Houston the best package among all potential Harden suiters, but we will see.

Doranku
11-16-2020, 10:49 PM
I hope this happens just because of how nuclear it could go. :lol Be interesting to see how their offense works. They just gonna take turns iso'ing? Harden is the only good playmaker of the 3. He's gonna have to step up and lead the team because as we've seen time and time again, Kyrie & KD are incapable of doing so successfully.

They're gonna need some good defensive big man to make up for a defensive backcourt of Kyrie and Harden. Ahhhh there's so many ways this could go wrong. Let it happen.

Proctor
11-16-2020, 11:02 PM
There's absolutely nothing scary about a Nets team with Harden. 3 prima donnas, one coming off a devastating injury.

If Harden actually thinks this is his path to a ring, he is dumber than we already knew he was.

Loney ready to jump ship again! :dancin

NBAGOAT
11-16-2020, 11:02 PM
I hope this happens just because of how nuclear it could go. :lol Be interesting to see how their offense works. They just gonna take turns iso'ing? Harden is the only good playmaker of the 3. He's gonna have to step up and lead the team because as we've seen time and time again, Kyrie & KD are incapable of doing so successfully.

They're gonna need some good defensive big man to make up for a defensive backcourt of Kyrie and Harden. Ahhhh there's so many ways this could go wrong. Let it happen.

deandre is going have his work cut out for him next year but they can get a good backup with the mle. the great thing about 3 stars is kd and kyrie can load manage even more than kawhi and george did this year since harden can even make a bad cast competitive with good teams(and the nets will have joe harris and dj most likely)

Vino24
11-16-2020, 11:24 PM
Irving will be injured most of the year

LoneyROY7
11-16-2020, 11:25 PM
There's absolutely nothing scary about a Nets team with Harden. 3 prima donnas, one coming off a devastating injury.

If Harden actually thinks this is his path to a ring, he is dumber than we already knew he was.

Loney ready to jump ship again! :dancin

Jumping ship would entail me being a fan of the actual team. Which I'm not.

Vino24
11-16-2020, 11:27 PM
Irving was complaining about being 2nd fiddle to Bron. How will he like being 3rd fiddle?

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2020, 11:28 PM
Irving was complaining about being 2nd fiddle to Bron. How will he like being 3rd fiddle?

Maybe he just doesnt want to be Lebron's 2nd fiddle? He is clearly perfectly happy being Durant's 2nd fiddle, though I aint sure being a 3rd fiddle will be acceptable.

Vino24
11-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Maybe he just doesnt want to be Lebron's 2nd fiddle? He is clearly perfectly happy being Durant's 2nd fiddle, though I aint sure being a 3rd fiddle will be acceptable.

Harden and Durant are better. He is 3rd fiddle

Kiddlovesnets
11-16-2020, 11:32 PM
Harden and Durant are better. He is 3rd fiddle

I mean, hes already fine being Durant's 2nd fiddle now, even if we are without Harden. Its clear that his beef was with Lebron(for whatever reason, Irving is definitely partially at fault for this too), hes fine if the first option is Durant.

Manny98
11-17-2020, 02:00 AM
What a time to be a Nets fan, we're about to form the greatest offensive trio the league has ever seen and championships are on the way

Stanley Kobrick
11-17-2020, 04:30 AM
What a time to be a Nets fan, we're about to form the greatest offensive trio the league has ever seen and championships are on the way

congrats to your nets :cheers:

Manny98
11-17-2020, 04:51 AM
congrats to your nets :cheers:

:cheers:

FireDavidKahn
11-17-2020, 08:24 AM
On a serious non trolling post...

It's telling that Harden turned down the 50 million. Once that new owner bought the Rockets and started being stingy with money, Harden could see the writting on the wall that the owners wasn't really serious about doing whatever it takes to win.

James is making the right move if he wants to win.
If James only cared about the money he would have taken the 50 million and become the highest paid player in history,.

Marchesk
11-17-2020, 10:23 AM
How is Kyrie going to handle being the third option?

DocSlam
11-17-2020, 11:34 AM
The Nets are a better team right now without trading away a bunch of good players

Kiddlovesnets
11-17-2020, 11:38 AM
After the Bucks moves, I feel that nothing really matters anymore. They are going to win the 2021 title minus season-ending injuries to key players. If we stay put and not to trade for Harden, then the team lacks talent to compete against the Bucks. If we make a move to trade for Harden, then the team will lack depth to compete against them. Considering no one else will beat them anyway, theres nothing to feel bad about, just kinda unfortunate that it has come down to this.

Wally450
11-17-2020, 12:34 PM
How is Kyrie going to handle being the third option?

He's only going to play 30 games anyway so who cares. :lol

MaxPlayer
11-17-2020, 12:50 PM
After the Bucks moves, I feel that nothing really matters anymore. They are going to win the 2021 title minus season-ending injuries to key players. If we stay put and not to trade for Harden, then the team lacks talent to compete against the Bucks. If we make a move to trade for Harden, then the team will lack depth to compete against them. Considering no one else will beat them anyway, theres nothing to feel bad about, just kinda unfortunate that it has come down to this.

How can you say this after the Heat just dismantled them? And their moves today probably helped but it's not like they were massive upgrades.

They'll probably have the best regular season record, but Giannis is totally unproven in the playoffs. Nets would have a great shot (better if they moved Kyrie imo.)

HBK_Kliq_2
11-17-2020, 01:21 PM
No clippers will not offer Paul George for your trash just because you want Durant and new york to be good. Piece of shit media.

LAmbruh
11-17-2020, 01:25 PM
He's only going to play 30 games anyway so who cares. :lol

:lol

LoneyROY7
11-17-2020, 04:27 PM
Report just came out the Rockets/Nets are nearing a deal...

Manny98
11-17-2020, 04:30 PM
Report just came out the Rockets/Nets are nearing a deal...
Wooooo!

Nets superteam baby :djparty:hammertime::djparty

LoneyROY7
11-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Wooooo!

Nets superteam baby :djparty:hammertime::djparty

F*ck it.

Let's do this, Manny. :facepalm

Manny98
11-17-2020, 04:31 PM
I know y'all nikkas are mad af right now :roll::roll:

We're winning everything for the next 5 seasons baby :roll:

Manny98
11-17-2020, 04:34 PM
F*ck it.

Let's do this, Manny. :facepalm

Wooooo!

https://i.postimg.cc/L8SHMfNJ/eeb8c3a09a7182330dd008221b131165.gif

airsteve
11-17-2020, 04:35 PM
I can't wait to see this. It's obviously going to work in the beginning when everyone is fresh and new, and wants to sacrifice their game. But what happens in the middle of the season if they hit a losing streak and the media is all over them? What version of Harden and Kyrie do we get?

From a basketball standpoint, KD on a GS team that moved the rock was my favorite to watch. I really don't want to see him with two ball dominant guards. Although, coming off that achilles injury - this move might be a career extender. I'm excited for the drama.

999Guy
11-17-2020, 04:54 PM
I wanna see how KD looks for real now. God damn it I was gonna enjoy watching Brooklyn disappoint everybody and permanently expose Kyrie and KD as one-way dummy chuckers, but Harden is a heavyweight. Jesus Christ this offense will be the best in the NBA, without question.

But I wanna see if KD still has his breaks, something of a good first step. His explosion off the ground.

If he’s still KD, the East is theirs BUT there will be drama because the kind of shitty, ball pounding Rucker ball they’ll play will be ridiculous. They’re the only insanely skilled, deadly all-around trio that can be schemes for. At least KD and Kyrie can, the dummies.

Harden is gonna be the LeBron of this team. Like clearly better like LeBron was in say 2012 or 2013 with Bosh and Wade most likely.