PDA

View Full Version : All nba first teamers the last 10 years who managed to play with another one.

Kblaze8855
11-17-2020, 06:58 AM
Once what we all expect to happen in Brooklyn happens?

Off the top of my head....

Durant
Wade
Lebron
George
Harden
Dwight
Westbrook
Curry
Leonard
Paul
Deandre(technically)
Kobe
Marc Gasol(technically)
Anthony Davis

All of them will have played with another one and 7 of them played with multiple. Durant and Lebron with 3 or 4 depending on how you want to frame it. All of them within a reasonable time frame so we wouldnt do like....the last 40 minutes of Nash on the Lakers or the bench version of Dwight if we wanted to be fair...but obviously many of you wont wish to be fair.

Then you have Rose who obviously wasnt the real Rose after his injury but has played briefly with Cleveland and Duncan who played with Leonard but both were drafted there. And theres Kyrie who will have played with 3 of them soon but has never been first team. No doubt a superstar though. Also Noah made it that one year and played with Rose. I bet im missing someone who will be pointed out but for now....14-15 of them. Off the top of my head from 2000 to now every MVP but AI has played with another either MVP or finals mvp till you get to Giannis.

And give it a year or two...Giannis will be added. Lillard may go his whole career without one but who knows. Im not gonna count guys still on rookie deals like Luka. Who knows what the next 15 years holds.

One thing is clear though....

The days of guys like Ewing not playing with another star his whole career are over. Granted he was making the modern cap hit equal of 86 million dollars at one point so maybe he cant blame anyone for not getting stars....but you get the point.

Guys dont just go it alone anymore. Simply refuse. I kinda wanna check it for other eras though. I suspect there are more matchups than we might assume but not like its been the last 10 years or will be the next 50.

In the 80s you would have Magic, Kareem, Bird, Mchale, Doc, and Moses for starters. I'll work it out by decade later today and see if its more perception than reality. Dont have the energy right now. Cant make my coffee. I forgot we have a remodel going in our kitchen at work and the machine isnt in there. I dont have anyone I can leave the building with here till 8 so im kinda ****ed.....I wonder when Doordash starts delivering this morning. Kinda got off the point there but.....****. I was ready for that coffee.....

Kblaze8855
11-17-2020, 07:17 AM
**** it. 2000-2010..

Kidd(Dirk)
Shaq(Kobe)
Kobe(Shaq)
Webber(Iverson)
Iverson(Webber)
Nash(Dirk and Amare)
Dirk(Nash and Kidd)
Lebron(Wade and Shaq)
Wade(Lebron and Shaq)
Amare(Nash)

With the obvious ones not to count(like the post injury Webber and old Shaq with Lebron and Kidd with Dirk) that leaves 6 or 7 depending on what agenda you want to push and if you count 2010 as 00-10 or 10-20. Oh and Payton. Forgot early 2000s GP who later played with Shaq, Kobe, KG, and Wade but you would have to be on some "Rose played with Lebron!" obviously agenda driven nonsense to count Payton for most of them.

Stephonit
11-17-2020, 08:30 AM
**** it. 2000-2010..

Kidd(Dirk)
Shaq(Kobe)
Kobe(Shaq)
Webber(Iverson)
Iverson(Webber)
Nash(Dirk and Amare)
Dirk(Nash and Kidd)
Lebron(Wade and Shaq)
Wade(Lebron and Shaq)
Amare(Nash)

With the obvious ones not to count(like the post injury Webber and old Shaq with Lebron and Kidd with Dirk) that leaves 6 or 7 depending on what agenda you want to push and if you count 2010 as 00-10 or 10-20. Oh and Payton. Forgot early 2000s GP who later played with Shaq, Kobe, KG, and Wade but you would have to be on some "Rose played with Lebron!" obviously agenda driven nonsense to count Payton for most of them.

I get the feeling there's more variation among the All-NBA First Teams in the 2010s than there were in the 2000s when the same names kept making the First Team over and over. Since more players got onto the First Team in the 2010s there is naturally more opportunity for them to have played with other First Teamers.