PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Harden/Westbrook want out of Houston in part due to owner's support of Trump

LoneyROY7
11-17-2020, 04:12 PM
“But what I heard is — and we know how much politics and political position had to do with the boycott and protests during the (NBA) bubble — I’m hearing that Tilman Fertitta’s strong Republican support and donations is one of the things that is contributing to this dissatisfaction, and those two [Westbrook and Harden] are not the only ones to want out of Houston. Lesser players are of the same mind. There is a revolt here because they look at Fertitta as a guy who supports the current president.”

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Trump's so hated he's got whole basketball franchises being blown up in his name.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-17-2020, 04:29 PM
I understand that. Owner seems like the type who doesn't know shit about bball and just wants to profit.

Nets though? Come on harden, your legacy will forever be Durant's lackey. Only get to finals with Durant on his team. Legacy wise he's way better off going to 76ers.

LoneyROY7
11-17-2020, 04:30 PM
I understand that. Owner seems like the type who doesn't know shit about bball and just wants to profit.

Nets though? Come on harden, your legacy will forever be Durant's lackey. Only get to finals with Durant on his team. Legacy wise he's way better off going to 76ers.

Durant is coming off an achilles, Harden could easily end up being "the guy" on Brooklyn when it's all said and done.

kentatm
11-17-2020, 04:50 PM
Fertitta just got Trumped

1987_Lakers
11-17-2020, 04:51 PM
This is dumb. Aren't most owners Trump supporters? They are republicans.

Dbrog
11-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Wtf they treating him like Donald Sterling for some reason :lol

guy
11-17-2020, 05:12 PM
They know Trump lost? Whats the point of taking this stand now? :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
11-17-2020, 05:19 PM
I think it's more about boredom, and losing his number one advocate in Morey and coach in Pringles....

This is the AAU era. 30-32 year old athletes wanting to play with their friends make a lot of money and maybe win titles.

Mask the Embiid
11-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Owner was too cheap to resign ariza when James wanted him back
Fired Morey someone he liked
Let his favorite coach walk
and on top of all that he's an outspoken trump supporter.

It was just too much disrespect for even cool headed harden

dirkdiggler41
11-17-2020, 07:07 PM
His political view has very little to do with it. You have to consider this whole team sucks and that is why they want out.