PDA

View Full Version : 2020-21 NBA season changes include play-in tournament for 7th and 8th playoff seeds

insidehoops
11-17-2020, 09:30 PM
MAJOR important news today. Read every word of this:

NBA season structure and format changes for 2020-21 (http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-season-structure-changes-2020-111720.shtml)

Kiddlovesnets
11-17-2020, 09:33 PM
The Warriors and Rockets may need to go through the play-in tournament to make it to the playoffs first round, crazy isn’t it?
:eek:

LAmbruh
11-17-2020, 10:02 PM
I like it

Time to spice the reg season up :applause:

fourkicks44
11-17-2020, 10:59 PM
When is training camp?

bison
11-18-2020, 12:11 AM
There is more inter conference games than intra conference games in terms of proportion compared to a normal 82 game season. Statistically this gives a slight advantage to western conference teams to boost their records a bit.

rawimpact
11-18-2020, 12:05 PM
Stop being a dick OP

Earlier today, the NBA Board of Governors unanimously approved a proposal to implement a playoff Play-In Tournament on a one-year basis for the 2020-21 season. The Play-In Tournament, which will take place after the regular season and before the first round of the playoffs, will include the teams with the seventh-highest through the tenth-highest winning percentages in each conference.

The teams with the seventh-highest and eighth-highest winning percentages in each conference will each have two opportunities to win one game to earn a playoff spot. The teams with the ninth-highest and tenth-highest winning percentages in each conference will each have to win two consecutive games to earn a playoff spot.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the team with the seventh-highest winning percentage in each conference will host the team with the eighth-highest winning percentage in its conference in a Play-In Game (the “Seven-Eight Game”). The winner of the Seven-Eight Game in each conference will be the seventh seed in the playoffs for its conference.

The team with the ninth-highest winning percentage in each conference will host the team with the tenth-highest winning percentage in its conference in a Play-In Game (the “Nine-Ten Game”). The loser of the Seven-Eight Game will host the winner of the Nine-Ten Game in a Play-In Game, and the winner of that game will be the eighth seed in the playoffs for its conference.

I like the competition prior to the real competition. Makes for good games and better product overall.

EncoreFantasy
11-18-2020, 12:12 PM
Hey guys,

Just launched a new fantasy sports app called Encore Fan.

The goal of the app is to be sort of a like a Facebook for Fantasy sports. I know, I know, we don't need another Facebook but we're trying to create a fantasy community where you can follow your friends, create posts, see what moves they are making across multiple teams and leagues, as well as all the standard bells and whistles you see with other fantasy apps. The app is some beta at the moment with only Sports News and the ability to launch your "fan club".
We will be launching Fantasy basketball in a few weeks along with historical fantasy. In the Spring, we'll launch March Madness, followed by baseball, football, etc.

We are looking for beta testers to sign up, invite their friends, and give us feedback on what they think needs improvement. Keep in mind, this is definitely pretty bare bones at the moment but will be bitching come March.

Sign up at this link and feel free to send me a message in the app: https://www.encorefan.com/invited/50