PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers is going to coach his son in law. (Seth Curry)

BigKAT
11-19-2020, 12:20 AM
Dallas traded Seth Curry and the 36th pick for Josh Richardson.

What do you think about that?

kentatm
11-19-2020, 12:34 AM
I guess that means Carlisle didn't think much of Seth's defense b/c giving up a dude who shoots 3s like that in today's game is a little surprising.

BigKAT
11-19-2020, 12:38 AM
That's true.

He is an excellent shooter.
But Josh Richardson has more of an upside as a starter on a contender whereas Curry is likely a 7th or 8th man on a contender.
So I think you make that trade and hope you've elevated the ceiling of your team.

And I think the Josh Richardson trade is a little bit of a tell about how they feel about Tim Hardaway's long-term prospects.

kentatm
11-19-2020, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering if he is having second thoughts on taking his player option and wants to test the market instead

Sulico
11-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Mavs doing Mavs things.

They failed to surround Dirk, one of the best players of all time, with championship talent for almost 20 years.
They plan to do the same for Luka.
Trading one of the most efficient shooters in the league for roster filler is a classic Mavs move. But now they are 3 inches taller as a team, I guess thats something.

NBAGOAT
11-19-2020, 01:01 AM
good move for mavs, richardson is a good defender and they need wing defenders. curry's shooting will be missed but they're a great shooting team still. sixers get off richardson for a better fit who's very cheap, cant go wrong putting shooters around simmons. this year is a reset year since i dont think curry/green/simmons/harris/embiid good enough expect morey to use the cap room for something in the future

brownmamba00
11-19-2020, 01:07 AM
Great trade for Dallas. Rich is a really good fit on that roster.

RoundMoundOfReb
11-19-2020, 01:15 AM
it's actually 36 and Richardson for Curry. Dallas gets 36 not Philly. Great move for Dallas in my estimation.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-19-2020, 01:58 AM
Paul George cheats on Doc Rivers daughter. Doc Rivers then gets Paul George team eliminated on purpose. Doc Rivers trades for son in law to coach instead.

What a jackass. He's always abusing nepotism as well. No wonder Kawhi got him fired.

Stephonit
11-19-2020, 02:23 AM
Paul George cheats on Doc Rivers daughter. Doc Rivers then gets Paul George team eliminated on purpose. Doc Rivers trades for son in law to coach instead.

What a jackass. He's always abusing nepotism as well. No wonder Kawhi got him fired.

Morey is the decision maker though. I wonder if Morey is secretly sowing good relations so that if the opportunity ever arises he might go after Stephen.

Manny98
11-19-2020, 04:38 AM
Good trade for both teams, Dallas need to improve their perimeter defense and Philly need shooters

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
11-19-2020, 04:42 AM

I don't think kawhi is allowed to make any decisions everyone knows he stupidest player in league xD

bluechox2
11-19-2020, 06:41 AM
dude coached his son, his daughters ex and now his son in law...he gets around alot

pandiani17
11-19-2020, 01:30 PM
Mavs doing Mavs things.

They failed to surround Dirk, one of the best players of all time, with championship talent for almost 20 years.
They plan to do the same for Luka.
Trading one of the most efficient shooters in the league for roster filler is a classic Mavs move. But now they are 3 inches taller as a team, I guess thats something.

Dirk had championship caliber teams in from 2002-2007 or so. :roll:

fourkicks44
11-19-2020, 03:18 PM
I like Seth Curry on the Sixers but I think it shows how little interest their must have been for JRich around the league.

Which is interesting because the Sixers inevitably had to trade him because he was gonna cost them too much to re-sign.

kentatm
11-19-2020, 03:26 PM
Morey is the decision maker though. I wonder if Morey is secretly sowing good relations so that if the opportunity ever arises he might go after Stephen.

W/Klay out another year I could see GS starting to think about blowing up their roster and starting over.

RRR3
11-19-2020, 03:52 PM
I like Seth Curry on the Sixers but I think it shows how little interest their must have been for JRich around the league.

Which is interesting because the Sixers inevitably had to trade him because he was gonna cost them too much to re-sign.
I love Josh. Heat legend. He’s always welcome back in Miami. Everyone needs high character guys like Josh who play hard and contribute on both ends.

fourkicks44
11-19-2020, 04:23 PM
I love Josh. Heat legend. He’s always welcome back in Miami. Everyone needs high character guys like Josh who play hard and contribute on both ends.

I love Josh too. He was really the glue guy in a fragmented Sixers locker room last season. Pretty exceptional considering he was new to the team and had an interrupted year with injuries.

He was just required to do too much and play out of position in the shit system they had last year.

The playoffs were a prime example where he had to be the number 2 scorer next to Embiid. They were never gonna win like that.

It's sad to see him go but I think it was inevitable.

Dallas is a good place for him. He should be able to thrive there.