PDA

View Full Version : I made a genius basketball revelation

MoBe1Kanobi
11-19-2020, 03:30 PM
The biggest correlation music has with basketball is in dribbling

I was watching basketball tape of myself, high af :biggums: on some good tree rn

And I realized... I was like, wtf are those dribble sounds so.. specific?

And I focused on just the dribble pattern, and I realized I was lowkey making the dribble sounds of Common's "Be" Intro

https://youtu.be/P7RZ_f3d_nE

.. Like I was subconsciously dribbling out that beat pattern, and because I was listening to that album so much at the time... My entire sense of RHYTHMIC timing and understanding of FLOW gave me an internal subconscious sense of understanding to dribble a basketball in a way that reflected THAT sense of timing since my natural sense of rhythm became that style of music since I was into that at the time...

So.. notice how people dribble the ball much differently as we move into different eras of music..

Honestly, to me even MJ and Isiah Thomas style of dribbling the ball represented the rumble tumble style of 80s music, Iverson and Kobe's dribble style represented a timing that was very bouncy bling bling sense of timing... Irving and Curry literally reflect a very technically perfect style of dribbling with a sense of time and rhythm that feel artificial.. As seen with today's music as well...

The music you listen, can literally create the number of dribbles you decide to take and at what rate.

Genius :biggums:

RRR3
11-19-2020, 03:58 PM
OP experimenting with psychedelics again. I support you, OP, I enjoyed doing mushrooms myself.

ArbitraryWater
11-19-2020, 04:03 PM
epic mushroom thoughts

3ball
11-19-2020, 04:34 PM
OP experimenting with psychedelics again. I support you, OP, I enjoyed doing mushrooms myself.

Intervention time

MoBe1Kanobi
11-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Intervention time

U gonna tell me I'm wrong 3ball?

Jasper
11-19-2020, 07:28 PM
thoughts how defenders steal the ball

RRR3
11-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Intervention time
Don’t think any psychedelics are addictive but I could be wrong. I mean one can get addicted to anything but I mean addictive in the sense of heroin, coke or meth.

MoBe1Kanobi
11-20-2020, 12:42 AM

What do you mean

ralph_i_el
11-20-2020, 03:01 PM

When I figured out that all you had to do was get a steal is to get your hand under their hand as soon as they dribbled, it was mind blowing. picking pockets like crazy. This was during my "microdose acid and hoop at the park in 100* weather" phase.

brooks_thompson
11-20-2020, 10:42 PM
Yes, basketball has a rhythm to it. It’s tricky to find your personal rhythm while also fitting into a team’s set offense. But that’s why the so called “feel for the game” is so important.

Congrats on smoking pot for the first time. Don’t start to rely on it though and it’s all good.