PDA

View Full Version : What is your exercise routine?

Im Still Ballin
11-19-2020, 05:49 PM
I have implemented a new regime recently. It is raw, stripped down. No fancy bullshit. Just the basics.

[sets|reps]

3x10 pushups
3x10 situps
3x10 pullups
3x10 wall presses
3x10 squat thrusts
3x10 burpees

I do 10 repetitions because it maximizes hypertrophy. That's a fancy name for muscle.

Sometimes I play ultimate frisbee at the park, or run on the beach. The soft sand develops an impressive calf pump.

glidedrxlr22
11-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Barbell work:

4x12 deadlifts
4x12 bent over rows
4x12 shoulder presses

I do all 3 exercises one right after the other and rest for about 30 secs.

I follow up with

4x12 bicep curls
4x12 tricep standing extensions

Then 5x12 pushups

3 times a week on the maxi climber for 12 minutes

Norcaliblunt
11-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Jerk off with hand weights on.

Jasper
11-19-2020, 07:34 PM
I am not going to the gym , our area is hot with cvd19
But winters past - light but toned :
Leg lifts 40
barbells 30-40 reps
Torsal' rotations 25
Chest stretches (weights) 25-40
Tread mill 20-25 minutes
back to barbells to cool down and possibly leg lifts lightly ..
3-4 times a week , I really feel much better (work time about 45-55 minutes)
with cvd19 I will have to figure something out at home , I plan to snowshoe more , but I am nursing
a dog that has a broken leg right now.

Axe
11-19-2020, 07:38 PM
Jerk off with hand weights on.
:biggums:

1987_Lakers
11-19-2020, 08:20 PM
45-55 minute workout involving burpees, jump rope, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, & planks hence and repeat.

I do each exercise for one minute with a 10 sec rest break, it's pretty intense, by the time I'm done my shirt is filled with sweat.

diamenz
11-19-2020, 11:32 PM
jog for anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour daily. sprints at the end of the jog.

one day regular bench, shoulder press and weighted dips. three sets of 6 not including warm ups.

another day weighted underarm pull ups, barbell rows and dumbbell curls to top off the arms.

the third day squats, forth day deadlifts. again, three sets of six.

sleep, eat, rinse & repeat.

with covid though, i've been limited to weighted body weight exercises.

Jasper
11-20-2020, 12:54 AM
jog for anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour daily. sprints at the end of the jog.

one day regular bench, shoulder press and weighted dips. three sets of 6 not including warm ups.

another day weighted underarm pull ups, barbell rows and dumbbell curls to top off the arms.

the third day squats, forth day deadlifts. again, three sets of six.

sleep, eat, rinse & repeat.

with covid though, i've been limited to weighted body weight exercises.

my feet are shoot as well as my back / I used to run 55 miles a week , minimum 35 = really miss it.

Rolando
11-20-2020, 04:03 AM
Been working out for years. Recently, before the gyms got shut down again, I started experimenting with doing my isolation work first and the compound movements last. It was going extremely well before I had to shut things down. Can't wait to get started again.

Now I do the playground routine:
- Pushups
- Pull-ups
- Dips
- Lunges
- Sit-ups
- Back arches

That'll at least keep me from losing everything until the lockdown is over.

Im Still Ballin
11-20-2020, 05:37 AM
I also play chess and follow along with the Jeopardy reruns to keep my brain sharp.

It's not all about the muscles.

LAmbruh
11-20-2020, 05:41 AM
up up down down left right left right a b select start

diamenz
11-20-2020, 09:27 AM
Been working out for years. Recently, before the gyms got shut down again, I started experimenting with doing my isolation work first and the compound movements last. It was going extremely well before I had to shut things down. Can't wait to get started again.

Now I do the playground routine:
- Pushups
- Pull-ups
- Dips
- Lunges
- Sit-ups
- Back arches

That'll at least keep me from losing everything until the lockdown is over.

not a good strategy. you'll wear out the smaller synergistic muscles too much and won't have enough gas left to increase your compound lifts, which you'll definitely want to do if you're looking to gain size and/or strength. do the main lifts first, then top yourself off with kickbacks and curls to failure afterwards.she

...unless you're doing high rep endurance isolation work, then they'd basically be considered warm ups for the compound lifts.

Rolando
11-20-2020, 01:04 PM
not a good strategy. you'll wear out the smaller synergistic muscles too much and won't have enough gas left to increase your compound lifts, which you'll definitely want to do if you're looking to gain size and/or strength. do the main lifts first, then top yourself off with kickbacks and curls to failure afterwards.she

...unless you're doing high rep endurance isolation work, then they'd basically be considered warm ups for the compound lifts.

I know, I know. As I said, I've been lifting for a while. I am not trying to increase on the basic lifts. It is more like I'm getting a great pump first, then doing compounds. Maybe it is questionable for the upper body but doing squats after getting a nice pump in the quads, hamstrings and calves is soooooo much nicer than squating first. I am doing many more reps.

Wally450
11-20-2020, 04:21 PM
I also play chess and follow along with the Jeopardy reruns to keep my brain sharp.

I play Tetris for mental exercise. It's also a good way to keep the brain sharp when making quick decisions.

red1
11-20-2020, 04:49 PM
just basic shit. push-ups, lunges, 1 minute planks

I have some light dumbells at home but really I'm just biding my time until the gyms are back early 2021.

Jasper
11-20-2020, 07:37 PM

I read ISH ;really gets your brain fatigued

diamenz
11-20-2020, 08:32 PM
I know, I know. As I said, I've been lifting for a while. I am not trying to increase on the basic lifts. It is more like I'm getting a great pump first, then doing compounds. Maybe it is questionable for the upper body but doing squats after getting a nice pump in the quads, hamstrings and calves is soooooo much nicer than squating first. I am doing many more reps.

:cheers:

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 09:55 PM
chest
biceps/traps
off
back
shoulders/tris

rinse repeat

72-10
11-22-2020, 10:57 PM
regime? I think you mean regimen.

Gabe Ball
11-25-2020, 09:28 PM
Alternating Mountain Climbers - 40 seconds
Push-ups - 30 repetitions
Up and down planks - 40 seconds
Leg flutters - 40 seconds (I do them in a bit of an easier way)
Squats - 50 repetitions

Been thinking of adding some more explosive exercises like plyometrics (actually eyeing a few jump programs that I've done a fair bit of research on, if you're interested you can read more here (https://ballamazingly.com/best-vertical-jump-training-programs/)) in large part because they seriously destroy me. I can barely finish a HIIT circuit, which tells me there's a good bit I can gain from implementing those types of exercises into my sessions.

Also, I'm surprised quite a bit of people still do sit-ups. From what I've read online and the videos of watched, sit-ups aren't that effective at targeting the core, and they're also bad for the spine, though the information could just as easily be wrong.

Street Hunger
04-01-2021, 08:38 PM
Time to start an actual routine. Instead of doing random exercises regularly but not as an official routine.