PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Hayward opting out.

Drygon
11-19-2020, 06:04 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1329543781809577987?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What an idiot for opting out of $34 million.

If he gets injured again this will be the biggest regret in his career, I wish him well.

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2020, 06:13 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1329543781809577987?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What an idiot for opting out of $34 million.

If he gets injured again this will be the biggest regret in his career, I wish him well.

He might make less this year and more in the long run with a new multi year deal. He's made plenty wants to have a say in where he goes instead of being traded where they want to send him

Manny98
11-19-2020, 06:16 PM
He must really want to leave that garbage franchise to literally be walking away from millions of dollars :roll:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-19-2020, 06:19 PM
Yeah he knew he was on the verge of getting traded anyway.

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2020, 06:21 PM
and it's a weak year. He becomes the top free agent available

AirTupac
11-19-2020, 06:21 PM
Hahahahhahahahahahah when hayward wants out despite u offering 34 mill hahahhaaha man thats good

MaxPlayer
11-19-2020, 06:24 PM
He must really want to leave that garbage franchise to literally be walking away from millions of dollars :roll:

I'm sure they are ecstatic that they don't have to pay him, though

AirTupac
11-19-2020, 06:26 PM
LMAO he didnt even want to do a sign and trade LOLLLLLLLLLLL

LoneyROY7
11-19-2020, 06:27 PM
and it's a weak year. He becomes the top free agent available

:roll: :roll: :roll:

dirkdiggler41
11-19-2020, 06:32 PM
Smart move when you think about it. He becomes the best player available in the free agency, and next season will be harder for him because the younger players are getting better and he is getting worse.

Nike D'Antoni
11-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Clippers

Axe
11-19-2020, 07:21 PM
What a moron lmao. His future in boston already looked bright. The team as a whole only just had to reach their potential.

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2020, 08:00 PM
What a moron lmao. His future in boston already looked bright. The team as a whole only just had to reach their potential.

He wasn't part of their future. They were going to trade him.

Axe
11-19-2020, 08:07 PM
He wasn't part of their future. They were going to trade him.
Oh shoot. I guess that's what it is. His injuries in the past few years may have diminished his play and role for the team to the point that he may seem to be irrelevant already. Thus, boston may have deemed him short of their expectations. I guess i'll retract my statement. He can't be blamed for opting out.

MaxPlayer
11-19-2020, 08:10 PM
Oh shoot. I guess that's what it is. His injuries in the past few years may have diminished his play and role for the team to the point that he may seem to be irrelevant already. Thus, boston may have deemed him short of their expectations. I guess i'll retract my statement. He can't be blamed for opting out.

No, he should have just let them trade him. He won't get half that much annually.

Axe
11-19-2020, 08:11 PM
No, he should have just let them trade him. He won't get half that much annually.
Eh whatever works the best for him i think

AirBonner
Bad move. He’s about to get Kevin Love’d by the league

Xiao Yao You

Obviously not all about the money. He's going to get paid either way. This way the ball is in his court

Wally450
11-19-2020, 08:32 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You laugh but it's mostly true. Teams will be lining up for him.

Mask the Embiid
11-19-2020, 10:34 PM
No one wants to play in that hick town...not even the white players....its a slice of the 1800s stuck in 2020.MAGAts would love it there

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2020, 10:37 PM
You laugh but it's mostly true. Teams will be lining up for him.

yep. He fits almost anywhere

Kiddlovesnets
11-20-2020, 12:31 PM
He wants more money, especially long contract with guaranteed paychecks. Its understandable, dude has 4 kids already and he has to incur a huge cost for supporting his family.

airsteve
11-20-2020, 12:38 PM
Knicks interested in Hayward (https://www.foxnews.com/sports/knicks-interested-in-gordon-hayward-after-34-million-opt-out

..but is Hayward interested in the Knicks :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 12:41 PM
He wants more money, especially long contract with guaranteed paychecks. Its understandable, dude has 4 kids already and he has to incur a huge cost for supporting his family.

got a family to feed!

Real Men Wear Green
11-20-2020, 12:57 PM
If he wants to go to Indiana the Celtics will have to get something back if he still wants his money. The best outcome would be the Cs throwing in some picks or recent draftees and getting Miles Turner. Oladipo would be second. Trade exception would be a not so bad third.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 01:05 PM
If he wants to go to Indiana the Celtics will have to get something back if he still wants his money. The best outcome would be the Cs throwing in some picks or recent draftees and getting Miles Turner. Oladipo would be second. Trade exception would be a not so bad third.

Says Indiana is exploring trade options. They could clear cap space and not need Boston.

Real Men Wear Green
11-20-2020, 01:35 PM
Says Indiana is exploring trade options. They could clear cap space and not need Boston.
Good for them if they do but that requires a trade regardless and the Celtics can go over the cap to sign him while the Pacers themselves could not.

rawimpact
11-20-2020, 01:55 PM
HE must know the knicks are prepared to offer him something big.

He should come to an agreement with Boston and opt in for a buyout at maybe 15M and then go elsewhere if that's possible

I don't think this is necessarily a bad move for him but he's betting on his long-term performance and ability to go back to atleast 50% of himself for a longer contract.

Real Men Wear Green
11-20-2020, 03:06 PM
HE must know the knicks are prepared to offer him something big.

He should come to an agreement with Boston and opt in for a buyout at maybe 15M and then go elsewhere if that's possible

I don't think this is necessarily a bad move for him but he's betting on his long-term performance and ability to go back to atleast 50% of himself for a longer contract.
He already opted out. Anyway if he opted in he wouldn't get a buy-out he would either get traded or just have to play out the season as fourth option or leading the bench, roles that he may not have wanted.

rawimpact
11-20-2020, 03:10 PM
He already opted out. Anyway if he opted in he wouldn't get a buy-out he would either get traded or just have to play out the season as fourth option or leading the bench, roles that he may not have wanted.

That's what I meant, he should have opted in and get a buyout. I dont think Celtics want to waste another year over 15M so it would be beneficial for both parties to come up with a buyout number.

Who is going to trade for 32M Hayward? I dont even see small markets taking that risk. Celtics would have to take on a whole lot of other players to make that happen, which I Doubt they would considering hes expiring.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 03:21 PM
That's what I meant, he should have opted in and get a buyout. I dont think Celtics want to waste another year over 15M so it would be beneficial for both parties to come up with a buyout number.

Who is going to trade for 32M Hayward? I dont even see small markets taking that risk. Celtics would have to take on a whole lot of other players to make that happen, which I Doubt they would considering hes expiring.

they weren't buying him out. What risk is there trading for an expiring contract for someone that is actually good?

rawimpact
11-20-2020, 03:24 PM
they weren't buying him out. What risk is there trading for an expiring contract for someone that is actually good?

No one is trading an expiring contract for an expiring contract. Why on earth would they do that, and who has 32M in expiring?

Hayward WAS good, now? It's dubious at best.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 03:46 PM
No one is trading an expiring contract for an expiring contract. Why on earth would they do that, and who has 32M in expiring?

Hayward WAS good, now? It's dubious at best.

Not many players putting up 18 pts on 50%/38%/86%/7rbds/4 ass. Give me one example of a player like that being bought out and not highly regarded around the league?

rawimpact
11-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Not many players putting up 18 pts on 50%/38%/86%/7rbds/4 ass. Give me one example of a player like that being bought out and not highly regarded around the league?

Name one that is getting paid 32M coming off a major surgery and having a label of being injury prone.

Each circumstance is different. Lets see how his new contract looks, he may get paid more long term, but not by much.

IMO if i was in his shoes I take that 32M, hope I get bought out by boston for half that and take my talents elsewhere. If I dont get bought out, I recover for a year and prove myself next year.

I doubt he gets anything more than a 4 year contract (with prob a team option on final yeaR) where he makes more than 15M/year, but we'll see. He'll have to play 2-3 years to make up that 32M he left on the table.

Poor financial decision

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 06:40 PM
Name one that is getting paid 32M coming off a major surgery and having a label of being injury prone.

Each circumstance is different. Lets see how his new contract looks, he may get paid more long term, but not by much.

IMO if i was in his shoes I take that 32M, hope I get bought out by boston for half that and take my talents elsewhere. If I dont get bought out, I recover for a year and prove myself next year.

I doubt he gets anything more than a 4 year contract (with prob a team option on final yeaR) where he makes more than 15M/year, but we'll see. He'll have to play 2-3 years to make up that 32M he left on the table.

Poor financial decision

Obviously you're not in his shoes. A lot easier to give up money when you are rich. He gets to decide his future not the Celtics. He wasn't getting bought out that much is certain. You can't get more than a 4 year contract with another team

AirBonner
11-20-2020, 06:53 PM
Ainge trying to steal Turner and Warren woo!

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Ainge trying to steal Turner and Warren woo!

Losing Hayward so not exactly stealing

AirBonner
11-20-2020, 07:05 PM
Losing Hayward so not exactly stealing

Those two are an upgrade combined

insidehoops
12-04-2020, 01:10 AM
Still surprised the Hornets spent this much money on him. He's 30, which isn't old, but he's probably not going to get any better.