PDA

View Full Version : 93-94 Chicago Bulls: 7 players averaged career high ppg - will this record be broken?

TheGoatest
11-21-2020, 03:00 PM
Scottie Pippen
Horace Grant
B.J. Armstrong
Steve Kerr
Bill Wennington
Scott Williams
Pete Myers

All had the highest averages in points per game that they had throughout their careers, before or after this season.

What was so special about this particular season that allowed all these players to flourish? Anyone know?

sdot_thadon
11-21-2020, 03:06 PM
Scottie Pippen
Horace Grant
B.J. Armstrong
Steve Kerr
Bill Wennington
Scott Williams
Pete Myers

All had the highest averages in points per game that they had throughout their careers, before or after this season.

What was so special about this particular season that allowed all these players to flourish? Anyone know?

-30 fga :rolleyes:

3ball
11-21-2020, 03:07 PM
MJ had no holes and fit with everyone, so the entire team (each guy) took a 1-2 point haircut - an equitable reduction across the board that didn't hurt teamwork or brand of ball... And allowed everyone to play near capacity

Otoh, lebron craters the stats of certain teammates because his game has holes (his ball-dominance hurts certain player types).. so his squads have major chemistry and brand issues

TheGoatest
11-21-2020, 03:13 PM
If it was 1 or 2 players having career high ppg seasons, then you could say it's a coincidence. But 7?? That's no coincidence. Those players were straight LIBERATED. All 7 were:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxb_e9SX0AI6YnK.jpg

3ball
11-21-2020, 03:14 PM
If it was 1 or 2 players having career high ppg seasons, then you could say it's a coincidence. But 7?? That's no coincidence. Those players were straight LIBERATED. All 7 were:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dxb_e9SX0AI6YnK.jpg

Jordan's teammates played near capacity alongside him (near their career highs), while lebron's teammates play far below capacity

MJ had no holes and fit with everyone, so the entire team (each guy) took a 1-2 point haircut - an equitable reduction across the board that didn't hurt teamwork or brand of ball... And allowed everyone to play near capacity

Otoh, lebron craters the stats of certain teammates because his game has holes (his ball-dominance hurts certain player types).. so his squads have major chemistry and brand issues

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2020, 03:16 PM
The triangle offense is the most successful system in NBA history. Phil Jackson also just has a way of getting in his players ear and getting the absolute max results out of them. I wish Kawhi had a coach that was even half as good as Phil Jackson or a system that was half as good as the triangle.

3ball
11-21-2020, 03:20 PM
The triangle offense is the most successful system in NBA history.

Phil and the triangle won nothing without MJ or his clone - zero rings

the triangle put role players in optimal spots but still needed a bailout on 20% of possessions - so the offense was nothing for 50 years until MJ got a hold of it, or his clone (Kobe) - goat bailout artists are the key that unlock the triangle's greatness

So Phil and the triangle were nothing for 50 years until they met the goat bailout artists, then they won 11 rings in 18 years..

That's the historical record, not opinion

MJ was the goat candidate when they won in 90-91', while Phil was a 1st time, nobody coach.. so MJ made Phil

aceman
11-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Phil and the triangle won nothing without MJ or his clone - zero rings

the triangle put role players in optimal spots but still needed a bailout on 20% of possessions - so the offense was nothing for 50 years until MJ got a hold of it, or his clone (Kobe) - goat bailout artists are the key that unlock the triangle's greatness

So Phil and the triangle were nothing for 50 years until they met the goat bailout artists, then they won 11 rings in 18 years..

That's the historical record, not opinion

MJ was the goat candidate when they won in 90-91', while Phil was a 1st time, nobody coach.. so MJ made Phil

Triangle gave Jordan success he would never have got otherwise; got the ball out of his hands & into tgat of point guards who could set tempo & plays and not simply jack up bad shots. Triangle created openings which resulted in shots for players even a player who pushed bad passes like Jordan could find. System allowed Jordan to post up low & ball would find him one in one with time to shot rather then having to breakdown defense.
System forced Jordan "off ball" eliminating all his negative qualities such as being ballhog, bad passer, over-dribbler & taker of bad shots. Fact Jordan has never won as player or gm without triangle proves point

TheGoatest
11-22-2020, 05:32 PM
Other than the fact that 7 players had career highs in ppg on the 1993-94 Chicago Bulls, both Horace Grant and B.J. Armstrong both instantly became all-stars in exactly this season. Why this 1993-94 season in particular? Anyone know?

sdot_thadon
11-22-2020, 05:50 PM
~30 field goal attempts to go around .

3ball
11-22-2020, 07:22 PM
Other than the fact that 7 players had career highs in ppg on the 1993-94 Chicago Bulls, both Horace Grant and B.J. Armstrong both instantly became all-stars in exactly this season. Why this 1993-94 season in particular? Anyone know?

How did their 94' stats compare to their highs alongside Jordan?

Is it a big or small gap?

And how does that gap compare to lebron's teammates with and without lebron?

Axe
11-22-2020, 07:44 PM
The triangle offense is the most successful system in NBA history. Phil Jackson also just has a way of getting in his players ear and getting the absolute max results out of them. I wish Kawhi had a coach that was even half as good as Phil Jackson or a system that was half as good as the triangle.
So coach pop wasn't a successful coach? Wow what a dumb take.

Oh wait. He only coached kawhi for 7 seasons.

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 07:47 PM
amazing to see players florishing when a 6'6 iverson doesnt get 30 shots per game

3ball
11-22-2020, 07:53 PM
amazing to see players florishing when a 6'6 iverson doesnt get 30 shots per game

They grew by leaps and bounds next to mj - they grew from single-digit rookies to korver all-stars

And how did their 94' stats compare to their highs alongside Jordan?

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 07:57 PM
They grew by leaps and bounds next to mj - they grew from single-digit rookies to korver all-stars

And how did their 94' stats compare to their highs alongside Jordan?

allen iverson is not good for team work, 6'6 or 6'1 versions included

the only thing that saved mike iverson is....

scottie pippen

https://i.postimg.cc/dVQ29yyW/23hasAsaviorPIP.jpg

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:00 PM
allen iverson

^^^ goat pound-for-pound

That's what everyone says

So it makes sense that the actual goat was a 6'6" version of Iverson

Axe
11-22-2020, 08:03 PM
^^^ goat pound-for-pound

That's what everyone says

So it makes sense that the actual goat was a 6'6" version of Iverson
Except iverson has led multiple teams to the playoffs

Figure that out

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:06 PM

Figure that out

Not at 40 he didn't

Whereas MJ led an 18 win team to 37 wins just like 04/05/19 lebron

Axe
11-22-2020, 08:09 PM
Not at 40 he didn't

Whereas MJ led an 18 win team to 37 wins just like 04/05/19 lebron
Nice deflection as usual. Very wonder woman-esque, i must say. :applause:

https://i.giphy.com/media/iMOk3wfmE5IoE/giphy.webp

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 08:12 PM

Figure that out

Nice deflection as usual. Very wonder woman-esque, i must say. :applause:

https://i.giphy.com/media/iMOk3wfmE5IoE/giphy.webp

:oldlol::roll:

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:12 PM
allen iverson is not good for team work, 6'6 or 6'1 versions included

the only thing that saved mike iverson is....

scottie pippen

https://i.postimg.cc/dVQ29yyW/23hasAsaviorPIP.jpg

Nobody thinks Jordan needed pippen's 8 ppg to win in 1988

And no one smart thinks he needed prime pippen (13/14 Wade stats) to win 6 rings ..

Pippen is vastly overrated by the media, despite the career PER, VORP, or win share stats showing he isn't top 100

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Nobody thinks Jordan needed pippen's 8 ppg to win in 1988

And no one smart thinks he needed prime pippen (13/14 Wade stats) to win 6 rings ..

Pippen is vastly overrated by the media, despite the career PER, VORP, or win share stats showing he isn't top 100

show me the years mike iverson got out of the 1st rd without pippen

he had fives years to do it

post it thanx

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:17 PM

post it thanx

Jordan's requirement to get out of 1st Round (88')

8 ppg sidekick

Lebron's requirement to make Playoffs (06')

the reigning East all-star center

22/5/5 all-defender (a prime pippen player)

the future Coach of the Year

So lebron needed a lot more

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 08:19 PM

8 ppg sidekick

thanx for the reminder of what mike needed, ill bump the thread. in the meantime:

post it thanx

Axe
11-22-2020, 08:21 PM

8 ppg sidekick

Also doug collins never led mj to the finals

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:22 PM
thanx for the reminder of what mike needed, ill bump the thread. in the meantime:

post it thanx

Lebron needed more than 8 ppg pippen

He needed the East all-star center, a prime pippen player, and the future COY....

just to make the playoffs, let alone win a series!!!!

lol.. lebron sucks compared to Jordan

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 08:25 PM
Lebron needed more than 8 ppg pippen

He needed the East all-star center, a prime pippen player, and the future COY....

just to make the playoffs, let alone win a series!!!!

lol.. lebron sucks compared to Jordan

im still waiting on any year mike got out of the 1st rd without pippen

pls shout it out let us all know buddy

show me all the years mike iverson got out of the 1st rd without pippen

post it thanx

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:28 PM
im still waiting on any year mike got out of the 1st rd without pippen

pls shout it out let us all know buddy

show me all the years mike iverson got out of the 1st rd without pippen

post it thanx

Still waiting for you to tell me where lebron made the playoffs without a bevy of all-stars or all-nba decorated players

aj1987
11-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Still waiting for you to tell me where lebron made the playoffs without a bevy of all-stars or all-nba decorated players

LeBron won a title without a single player making the All-NBA or the All-Star teams. Now show that dude the seasons when Ordan got out of the first round without Pippen.

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:32 PM
LeBron won a title without a single player making the All-NBA or the All-Star teams. Now show that dude the seasons when Ordan got out of the first round without Pippen.

Lebron needed 2 pippens to win (2 stars)

Or a teammate that could outscore him and the whole league (AD led the NBA in playoff scoring)

Lebron needs more help because his brand of ball is inferior due to his skillset

aj1987
11-22-2020, 08:33 PM

Or a teammate that could outscore him and the whole league (AD led the NBA in playoff scoring)

Lebron needs more help because his brand of ball is inferior

Axe
11-22-2020, 08:34 PM

Lebron needs more help because his brand of ball is inferior due to his skillset
I think you need a serious timeout, pal.

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:34 PM

Show me where lebron won without 2 stars or a teammate outscoring him

8 ppg sidekick

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:37 PM
Lebron was a loser without a "Jordan" - an elite 1st option and equal-scoring partner to close possessions (closer)

Lebron/Magic are "pippens" that need a "Jordan" (closer)

aj1987
11-22-2020, 08:38 PM
Show me where lebron won without 2 stars or a teammate outscoring him

8 ppg sidekick

And1AllDay
11-22-2020, 08:38 PM

ad scored 582
bran scored 580

:oldlol: 2 points more over a 20 game playoffs is what your clinging to? check mate :oldlol: your dumb, enjoy your sunday

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:43 PM
ad scored 582
bran scored 580

:oldlol: 2 points more over a 20 game playoffs is what your clinging to? check mate :oldlol: your dumb, enjoy your sunday

Compare to pippen

Lol

AD led the entire NBA in scoring... and Wade outscored lebron in 2011... And Kyrie matched lebron in 16'...

So lebron needs a sidekick that can match him in scoring (shared load), while Jordan averaged 10-30 more than pippen in every series (carry-job)

So Jordan needs a "pippen", but lebron needs a "Jordan" - an elite 1st option and equal-scoring partner to close possessions (closer).. lebron/magic are "pippens" that need a "Jordan" (closer)

Axe
11-22-2020, 08:46 PM
:facepalm

3ball
11-22-2020, 08:54 PM
:facepalm

What did I say that's inaccurate

Kyrie, Wade and AD either matched or exceeded lebron's playoff scoring

That's a fact

He never won without those guys, so it's safe to say that lebron needs a sidekick capable of matching/exceeding him in scoring (shared load), while Jordan averaged 10-30 more than pippen in every series (carry-job)

So Jordan needs a "pippen", but lebron needs a "Jordan" - an elite 1st option and equal-scoring partner to close possessions (closer).. lebron/magic are "pippens" that need a "Jordan" (closer)