PDA

View Full Version : no idea why Atlanta is on the radar for so mnay players , but Bogdan is there now

Jasper
11-22-2020, 04:32 PM
Bogdan less Bucks goes to the Hawkers

highwhey
11-22-2020, 05:29 PM
not even sure why they got rondo...he's too good to be a backup, and having 2 pg's is weird in the starting line up. at least lebron was a sf/pg. rondo and trae occupy literraly the same slot.

still, theyre gonna be a good team. bogdon, gallo, trae...shooters for days.

insight
11-22-2020, 05:39 PM
not even sure why they got rondo...he's too good to be a backup, and having 2 pg's is weird in the starting line up. at least lebron was a sf/pg. rondo and trae occupy literraly the same slot.

Rondo was brought in to be a back up for Trae Young. Rondo has playoff experience, knows how to run a team so that's helpful to a young team. They may play them together occasionally moving Trae to the 2, but Rondo is too old to demand starter minutes.

highwhey
11-22-2020, 05:42 PM
Rondo was brought in to be a back up for Trae Young. Rondo has playoff experience, knows how to run a team so that's helpful to a young team. They may play them together occasionally moving Trae to the 2, but Rondo is too old to demand starter minutes.

makes sense i guess. didn't think he'd accept a reduced role.

they're going to be a remarkably good 3pt shooting team.

TheGoatest
11-22-2020, 05:44 PM
Atlanta are stupid. They're on a road to nowhere.
Shaping up to be in the worst position possible: Just good enough to make the playoffs, but nothing more than that. Much like those Hawks teams with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith in the late 00s/early 10s.

fsvr54
11-22-2020, 05:56 PM
Shaping up to be in the worst position possible: Just good enough to make the playoffs, but nothing more than that. Much like those Hawks teams with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith in the late 00s/early 10s.

One of the most idiotic takes I've ever heard.

Cam reddish is the next NBA superstar

insight
11-22-2020, 05:59 PM
Who knows what Atlanta will be nobody expected Miami to be in the finals. The hawks didn't have John Collins for the 1st half of the season last year, they would have been fighting for the 8th spot last season if he wasn't suspended and they had a backup point guard. Nobody is expecting them to win a championship this season but they are in good position to compete for a title in a few years.

r0drig0lac
11-22-2020, 06:41 PM

lol wrong ...Heat was Davis's annual injury away from the nba title, if you can improve your team without compromising your future, you do it.

TheGoatest
11-22-2020, 11:57 PM
One of the most idiotic takes I've ever heard.

Cam reddish is the next NBA superstar

Get real.

They should first be going after another legit superstar next to Trae, and then take it from there. If not through signing, then through tanking.
This way they're picking up smaller names that would be great additions on a contender, but not for a team with one of the worst records in the league. If their goal is to be mediocre, then these are great pickups. If their goal is to contend, then not so much.

iamgine
11-23-2020, 12:19 AM
Wait, Kings can still match this right? I think they certainly will.

insight
11-23-2020, 12:54 AM
Get real.

They should first be going after another legit superstar next to Trae, and then take it from there. If not through signing, then through tanking.
This way they're picking up smaller names that would be great additions on a contender, but not for a team with one of the worst records in the league. If their goal is to be mediocre, then these are great pickups. If their goal is to contend, then not so much.
They have players who eventually evolve into stars like Cam Reddish and John Collins, Kevin Heurter will improve providing another great shooter. They can either trade one of these pieces for veteran star or once they get close a star will probably want to join the team. Golden state constructed the team through the draft, then added vets, then added another superstar this is how Atlanta is trying to build their team.

insight
11-23-2020, 12:56 AM

The Kings have to match by Tuesday. If they do match they will probably have to trade Buddy Hield so we will see what direction they go in.

iamgine
11-23-2020, 02:19 AM
The Kings have to match by Tuesday. If they do match they will probably have to trade Buddy Hield so we will see what direction they go in.
I think they'll trade both Hield and Bogdan later on. They won't want to lose Bogdan for nothing.

NBAGOAT
11-23-2020, 02:38 AM

likely not it's a poison pill contract. there's a 15% trade kicker on the top of the no trade clause in the first year. sac would have to be sure they could trade hield very soon

Smoke117
11-23-2020, 02:39 AM

lol Too good to be a back up? Rondo is absolute trash in the regular season.

insight
11-23-2020, 09:03 AM
likely not it's a poison pill contract. there's a 15% trade kicker on the top of the no trade clause in the first year. sac would have to be sure they could trade hield very soon

Yeah your right unless they pull a Charlotte out of spite. New GM may not want to look like he was outplayed, but they would eventually need to move Buddy if they go that route.

Jasper
11-23-2020, 11:10 AM
I think they'll trade both Hield and Bogdan later on. They won't want to lose Bogdan for nothing.

Your right , did not think about that Hield could be available , and the Bucks could still be a player... this could of all been set up by the Bucks.. Bogdan was a pawn...
As of right now Giannis will not sign extension , so if this gets into a trade with Milwaukee , it still could happen..
Atlanta has never been a player IMO..
They need a legit superstar next to Trae .. will they ever pull the trigger ??

RRR3
11-23-2020, 11:12 AM

Uh...Rondo is a complete scrub in the regular season. Dude starts trying in the playoffs but before then he’s ass.

TheGreatKabuki
11-23-2020, 11:35 AM
How many wings and point guards do the Hawks need? Sac would be crazy not to match the offer. I actually like how the Kings are built, especially if Bagley can remain healthy. Bogdanovic, Bagley and Fox and are a decent trio to build around and to make the playoffs IMO. Especially if Hield can light it up from deep.

rawimpact
11-23-2020, 11:37 AM
Atlanta is a fun place to be

Really on the up and coming. In a couple of decades I see it being the new Hollywood